Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2009 2:18 PM

Jan 2008
can somebody upload the last ten minutes of the movie(so from 1:45:00)? for some unknown reason the bots don't want to resume and I have about 400MB to go. please? thanks.
Jul 5, 2009 4:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
reaper_unique said:
can somebody upload the last ten minutes of the movie(so from 1:45:00)? for some unknown reason the bots don't want to resume and I have about 400MB to go. please? thanks.
It would be smarter to get the torrent, point it to the file (make a copy of it, just to be sure), let the torrent run a check (does it by default) and download those missing mb via the torrent. It'll download only the parts that are missing and you'll have a complete file.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2009 5:37 PM

Jun 2009
I haven't downloaded it yet so I cant say if the links work but I found it subbed here:
http://getfansub.com/wiki/Koukyoushihen:_Eureka_Seven_-_Pocket_ga_Niji_de_Ippai

just in case some people were looking for it ><
Jul 5, 2009 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
Words can't explain how disappointed I am with this movie.

If you can't tell a proper story in a two hour movie, then don't make it a dam movie. I really don't get it they know that by cutting out stuff and leaving plot holes all over the place its going to suck. We know it, the writers know it, the director knows it, and even the artists know it. So why the hell do they even bother.

Now that thats out of my system, I feel a bit calmer.
Jul 5, 2009 9:54 PM

Feb 2008
Ugh....Don't think what they were going with was good idea for this Eureka 7 spinoff/movie....just felt bleh, so much talking during first 10-40mins. Just felt half-assed all the way through with some nice moments..... They could've done alot better....-_-....
Jul 6, 2009 1:37 AM

Oct 2007
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITANO CIRCUS FUCKING EVERYWHERE AND NIRVASH WITH MOTHERFUCKING FANNELS

I CAME
Jul 6, 2009 6:15 AM

Jan 2009
aero said:
I'll keep this short. I didn't like it.
Animation was great, music was great but story and characters? Train wreck .

Oh and on the contrary, I didn't mind that it wasn't a continuation or retelling of the original. It just wasn't executed well.
Sephor said:
Ugh....Don't think what they were going with was good idea for this Eureka 7 spinoff/movie....just felt bleh, so much talking during first 10-40mins. Just felt half-assed all the way through with some nice moments..... They could've done alot better....-_-....

100% agreed with all the way.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 6, 2009 6:43 AM
Dec 2007
Little update to my first post (thanks Naruleach ;)):

Interestingly enough, I met with Mr Kyoda (the movie and series' director) this week end in Paris and I had a little dinner with him thanks to my work, so I asked him some questions about Eureka seveN The Movie, and this is what he had to say about it:

- The narrative part of the movie is indeed a bit unstructured, but this is totally normal for him since his favourite director is Jean-Luc Godard and he wanted his movie to feel like a "nouvelle vague" movie, spontaneaous and insightful, which I can understand.

- The main theme of the movie is "Peter Pan" and for him, Holland and the other members of the Gekko-Go that refuse to change, are Peter Pan and Eureka looks like Wendy. Renton has no particular role related to Peter Pan, surprisingly.

- He himself did the script of the movie, not Dai Sato. Which can explain for me the weakness of the script (in my opinion of course). By the way, Dai Sato and BONES seem to have had a clash some years ago and he doesn't work for them anymore...

- The whole "Eureka is weak to the sun rays" thing was put into the movie because he has a friend with this rare illness and wanted to speak about that (I still don't know how it is meaningful to the movie, but well...).

- He made the Nirvash a little plushie (almost :)) because he thought that the mecha theme was a bit too strong in the series and wanted to make it less important, but at the same time, he wanted the Nirvash to have the role of a main character so he had to make it look more "human".

I think I understand the movie and his motives a bit more now, and I kind of accept what he has done, but I still think his movie is far less interesting than the series, except for the ending which I find great. Oh and also, Mr Kyoda is a very cool and kind guy, so I wished him good luck for the rest of his career and he said that he's apparently working on a new movie ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 6, 2009 7:45 AM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:
reaper_unique said:
It would be smarter to get the torrent, point it to the file (make a copy of it, just to be sure), let the torrent run a check (does it by default) and download those missing mb via the torrent. It'll download only the parts that are missing and you'll have a complete file.

aah, that might work ^^ thanks
Jul 6, 2009 8:08 AM

Mar 2008
Hmm, I see. So that was his intention. Interesting.

I quite enjoyed the movie, but there's one thing I didn't get.. Why did it seem like Eureka couldn't talk at the end of the movie? She was just making a weird noise..
Jul 6, 2009 10:17 AM

Jul 2009
Nova- said:
Hmm, I see. So that was his intention. Interesting.

I quite enjoyed the movie, but there's one thing I didn't get.. Why did it seem like Eureka couldn't talk at the end of the movie? She was just making a weird noise..

I'm guessing because the image suck out all her memories to learn about humans but she seems to know renton after woulds so I don't know. This movie still was sort of disappointing even though I did enjoy it.
Jul 6, 2009 6:55 PM

Mar 2008
Maybe, Idk. Wish the guy had asked the director about that, hah.
Jul 6, 2009 7:12 PM

May 2008
Fuck this movie was disappointing. A mostly incomprehensible narrative train wreck with none of the depth, substance, or gravitas that made the original series something special. It also looks like a pile of dog shit, and not only does the new animation look underwhelming even for a TV show, but they applied some hideous filter to ensure the REUSED footage looks worse. The entire movie looks like it was edited together in Windows Movie Maker by someone who's clearly on acid. And I don't mean any of that in a good way.

3/10
Jul 7, 2009 2:08 AM
Jan 2009
Come on people!!!

How do you even dare to compare an anime with a movie??? Obviously there won't any possiblities to have such a complex story, and well built characters, since in the anime you have more than 16 hours to do so, and in the movie you only have less than 2 hours.

As a stand alone movie is just great. Not the best movie ever, but at least keeps you in the seat.

Please people, in the anime not until ep 16 or so, you have a brief idea of what the plot is all about.

The only thing that bothers me a lot, is the recycling of a lot of sequences, it just felt completely wrong, I am almost able to remember the lines in the sequences, and when I don't hear what I was expecting, my brain almost made a short circuit there.
Jul 7, 2009 8:25 AM

Jul 2008
aero said:
I'll keep this short. I didn't like it.
Animation was great, music was great but story and characters? Train wreck .

Oh and on the contrary, I didn't mind that it wasn't a continuation or retelling of the original. It just wasn't executed well.

+1 >:
Jul 7, 2009 9:15 AM

Feb 2009
When I start looking at how much time's left when I'm watching a movie, I know something is wrong. And this was the case with the E7 movie.

I loved the original TV series but I also know that Pocketful of Rainbows is some kind of spin-off, so I took it as that and I'm gonna try to judge it as someone who didn't see E7 TV.

As most people have said, this movie lacks substance. From start to end they throw a lot of information at us, whether it's new characters, background information, or simply what's going on. But it just felt like trying to do a TV series in a 2 hours movie since nothing was really explained and everything felt underdeveloped. It's probably even harder to connect the dots if you haven't watched the original 50 episodes show. Overall there was too much information at once, some even useless, but it also felt like nothing was happening.

The relation between the characters was oversimplified and felt really cheesy. How many times did we see Eureka crying? How many times did we hear Renton calling out Eureka's name like a moron? Holland x Tahlo was also ridiculous and stereotyped, surely even for someone who didn't watch the E7 TV and knows how much more complex it was. But that's probably the movie format's fault, after all you can't have as much character development in a 1 hour 45 minutes movie than in a TV show. The Gekko's crew also seemed like they were nothing more than speaking decorations. "Why did a doctor just appear on the bridge at the end? Who the heck is she?" That's something that you can ask yourself if you didn't see the series.

On a brighter note, the animation, art style, and music are exceptional as expected. Bones has already showed us that they can do great mecha battle scenes in E7 TV and Xam'd and here they prove again that they are one of the best in the industry. I'd say they're on par with Macross Zero and Frontier's crew, but it felt more natural and less CG. I watched this on my 52" Bravia flat screen so it felt even more impressive. The flashy neon colors used also suits Eureka 7 really well, faithful to the original TV show. I really love the music too, a very epic orchestral score. Gotta get my hands on that CD when it comes out. :)

As an Eureka Seven fan, I feel this movie is wasted potential. As someone who didn't see E7 TV, I'd probably feel this movie is only about surfing mechas firing lasers and missiles at fishies, nothing more.

Giving Eureak 7 Movie a 7/10 (no puns intended), cause my E7 and mecha fanboy genes won't let me give it less.

That reminds me, I've got to go watch the blu-ray release of the Eureka Seven TV show.
AlexstratzJul 7, 2009 9:19 AM
Jul 7, 2009 11:05 AM

Jul 2009
Wani_Me said:
Come on people!!!

How do you even dare to compare an anime with a movie??? Obviously there won't any possiblities to have such a complex story, and well built characters, since in the anime you have more than 16 hours to do so, and in the movie you only have less than 2 hours.

As a stand alone movie is just great. Not the best movie ever, but at least keeps you in the seat.

Please people, in the anime not until ep 16 or so, you have a brief idea of what the plot is all about.

The only thing that bothers me a lot, is the recycling of a lot of sequences, it just felt completely wrong, I am almost able to remember the lines in the sequences, and when I don't hear what I was expecting, my brain almost made a short circuit there.

I sort of agree the movie isn't as bad as tolkki said but my opinion is there are issues with it saying its because its a movie sorts of insults those great ones other there. Those recycled scenes were annoying.
Jul 7, 2009 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
I ask again, anyone knows the name of the ED song? Yeah, I really am that desperate. >.>
Jul 7, 2009 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
The animation was cool, the music was awesome, but the main build for the characters was quite dissapointing, the "RENTON, EUREKA, RENTON, EUREKA, RENTON, EUREKA" 10 minutes opening was really annoying. At least we didn't had every single motherfucking second Renton blushing out for Eureka.

7/10 for me, could have been better: Seriously. It wasn't that bad, but far beyong being good as the series, I can't even compare it.

AND FOR THE FUCKING LOVE OF GOD, SOMEONE PM ME WITH THE ENDING SONG. FUCKING AWESOME.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 7, 2009 8:32 PM

Nov 2007
I love Eureka 7, but.

WHA HAPEN?

That didn't make an incredible amount of sense.
Jul 7, 2009 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
Seems like that's what happens when a director tries to be script writer
Jul 9, 2009 12:02 AM
Jan 2009
The song seems to be:

Space Rock by iLL

But I can't find iLL anywhere, and they sound a lot like Supercar. Wondering if iLL are the leftovers of Supercar??
Jul 9, 2009 12:03 AM

Sep 2008
So Eureka Seven is one of the best Anime's i have ever seen. I have been waiting a very very long time to finally see this. I knew it was meant to be the same characters but differently told/done, etc. And it was weird to watch these characters in a whole different way and all. But i still am trying to judge the movie as a movie, instead of comparing unfairly to the series.

I have to say, some things about the movie i really liked while some things i hated. Well obviously, the animation and art was brilliant. Wouldn't expect anything less from Bones. It also stayed true to the original art and such which i loved so much.

I thought the twist on the plot ideas, as well as the story that the movie followed was really interesting and unique too. I love originality in scripts and Bones know how to do that.

The problem with the film though was that, it well completely lacked character development and proper introductions (since these characters were not the characters we knew previously). A lot of the story was badly explained, and horribly paced too. It really could not get me immersed or completely interested because it was just sloppy. The relationships and interactions of the characters was poorly done and it made the entire film quite disappointing.

I'm really surprised they would make a spin-off film with this material. Cause even though it was good, it would have needed at least two films to pull it off well. Cause it just shows, 2 hours was not enough to deliver this. Well it was sad to wait so long for this. I expected better. I pretty much think this is an example of: 'good material that is poorly executed.' 6/10
Jul 9, 2009 7:04 AM
Jul 2009
I seriously sat watching this movie and the only thing i could think was, what the fuck. The movie kind of makes sense but my friend and i had to discuss all kinds of possibilities for it to make sense. Heres what i think happened.

At the end of the series the Nirvash says that it will take half of the people to make a new world until they can live in peace, but i think it also made copies of everyone out of the memories of Renton and Eureka, therefore these are not the real Holland, Talho, Renton, Eureka, or anyone else that you recognize from the series. Another option is that humans just repeated history but since the Nirvash created this world, it added stuff like the faeries and Eureka having a childhood rather than being found.

We also put together that the 'Neverland' they talked about, was the real Earth where the series took place and they call it the green planet cause they saw the mass trapar, where the grandpa was showing the kids at the end.

The Book that everyone reads in this series is actually a story of the real Eureka and Renton and that the point was to write your own story.

I at least like the idea that these are the separate worlds and that the real story from the series had nothing to do with this side movie, which affects nothing of the real world, therefore it is a waste of time. I seriously didn't like this movie just because it explained nothing, to compare for those that have seen transformers 2, this is what it felt like. They give you very little story until the very end but it keeps you entertained with some tight robot battles. all in all i give this a 4/10, because it kept me entertained but it had nothing to do with a real story, re used stuff from the series a lot, it never explained what was really going on, and overall, the ending was just retarded.
Jul 10, 2009 9:54 AM

Oct 2008
An enjoyable, but dissapointing rehash of the Eureka Seven series. It was nice to see the characters in a different world (although i disliked the personality changes to eureka and Anemone) and i understand it is impossible to really convert a long tv series in to a 2 hour movie, but even so, i was disappointed.

Some of the dialogue is just plain bad, particularly when our two main characters reunite near the start of the movie. The story is also weaker and less realistic. one second the crew of gekko is going to basically kill Renton so he escapes with "the love interest" (which is basically what this film turned eureka in to) and then when he is in the position of power he actually trusts the people who were just about to kill him and returns like they're buddies. Then there is the whole "our mechs are actually cuddly animals" thing...

I enjoyed it overall though. I did hate what they did to Anemone as she was one of my favorite characters in the series. I laughed pretty hard when they totally removed dewey's part in the show and made him a pedophile though. It did hurt the film doing that though since he was the main villain in the series and nobody took up that seat in this movie, leaving you to wander what everyone was really fighting for. Combine the lack of dewey with the lack of effectively showing Image as a good enemy and you get a major problem. It isn't like the military was a real enemy either. The closest thing there was to an actual enemy for renton was the gekko and they were his "friends" for most of the damn movie!
MurbellaJul 10, 2009 2:16 PM
Jul 10, 2009 7:01 PM

May 2007
woah im pretty surprised at the reception of the movie
despite all the negative views on this movie, i actually thought it was really good
in my opinion the plot changing part was pretty interesting with the characters acting considerably different than the anime counterparts and a totally differnt storyline, i guess it gives eureka seven a kind of fresh feeling to it lol
the action sequences were also pretty sick
so all in all i personally think this is an awesome movie contrary to most opinions here tho lol
Jul 10, 2009 10:01 PM

Sep 2008
mui said:
woah im pretty surprised at the reception of the movie
despite all the negative views on this movie, i actually thought it was really good
in my opinion the plot changing part was pretty interesting with the characters acting considerably different than the anime counterparts and a totally differnt storyline, i guess it gives eureka seven a kind of fresh feeling to it lol
the action sequences were also pretty sick
so all in all i personally think this is an awesome movie contrary to most opinions here tho lol

well like i said, i thought the way they changed things was really interesting. And that they had good material. I just thought that it was awfully delivered.
Jul 11, 2009 8:22 AM
Jul 2009
http://bleachshippuuden.com/eureka-7/eureka-seven-pocket-full-of-rainbows/
Heres the link 2 the movie if you wanna watch it.....
Jul 11, 2009 3:10 PM
Jul 2009
For those really confused of what's going on, please read CMX's review. You'll understand what is going on and finally realize that what you're watching is still Eureka Seven and not just a spin-off or a retelling of the original story.
Jul 11, 2009 10:52 PM
Mar 2008
ailailou said:
I ask again, anyone knows the name of the ED song? Yeah, I really am that desperate. >.>

i wanna know 2
Jul 12, 2009 12:37 AM

Sep 2008
snakekiller said:
ailailou said:

i wanna know 2

the page for the movie says the ending theme is

"Space Rock" by iLL.
Jul 12, 2009 11:53 PM
Jul 2009
I know that this movie can never be compared to the anime itself. I can't really judge this movie harshly simply because there is a limit in time for movies. They can't really explain everything like they did in the anime series. I think that Bones should have just made a sequel to the anime with the vibe of a whole different set of character relationships rather than to have mashed up the story together and put it out in theaters so they can explain to us some things that were utterly confusing in the movie. For example, I didn't really quite get the ending where the ship just comes right to Renton and Eureka at the end of the movie. That was purely random, in my opinion, and just did not fit the frame. However, I did enjoy the music that the composer has created. The man is definitely a genius. The animation was awesome and so were the fighting sequences. I'm a bit sad though at how they didn't put in some of the major characters like Dewey. It might be just me but I liked Eureka's evolvement in becoming human during the series, so I didn't really like Eureka as much as I did in the anime as I did in the movie. I think they should have just stuck with the "becoming more human" type of girl than to be a spy for the Image that has all these emotions and such (I mean afterall, as the whole entire movie has stated, Eureka is NOT human.. how could she have had human feelings from the beginning of time?). There are also some little things in the movie that annoys me because it did not stuck with the personality of some of the characters in the anime. I expected Stoner to be taking a lot of pictures, and I really wanted to see how Gonzy would have turned out in the movie (as a protagonist, antagonist etc.). Overall, I think I would give this movie a 7.5/10. They also left out Charles and Ray, which I think were pretty important characters in the series as well (even though they didn't as survive long as other characters XD).

If anyone can explain to me about the last part regarding the ship that approaches Eureka and Renton in the "Neverland" that'd be cool. :P
Jul 15, 2009 1:24 AM
Jun 2008
i personally disliked the anime series immensely & while saying i loved this movie would be a stretch, i must admit that i did enjoy it...considering the length of the series versus the length of this movie it is hard to compare them...i'm not sure what it was but something about this movie just made me feel better about everything overall while the anime had me very upset in the end...i wasn't even behind the relationship of renton & eureka in the anime but i loved them together in the movie & i basically disliked everyone in the anime but didn't hate everyone in the movie...i guess i'm weird but at least i didn't have to see charles & ray die again =( such a good ending^^
Jul 15, 2009 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
That ending was completely wtf. I have now officially seen an ending that was more confusing than Big O. Maybe.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jul 16, 2009 10:55 AM

Jun 2008
I didnt really hate the movie but explaining more would have been made it better
& wtf is the idea of bringing Anemone as an old hag ? & why did she came back as her original self in the end ? & ok didnt really understand all of the Gekko's reasons to do all that & not to mention how annoying Eureka was ... which doest fit her since she is not a human after all & what happened to Anemone lol they brought her as a nice character which SERIOUSLY doesnt fit her they changed her alot & there was no need to let Dominic die in like the 6 first minutes of the movie
Anyways it was ok , though i liked the series more
Jul 16, 2009 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
edasvangen said:
Uhm i think Metal-superman missunderstood something here, the author of the thread is only talking about the movie, the series itself is great in my opinion, i've seen it aswell, my mate works for bandai so we watched it together during my vacation in japan (she lives there).

I agree with most of what you said above, i got so dissapointed when i found out that it had little to do with the series, i would've loved a follow up on the series, a OVA or something.

Edasvangen

Nope, you're the one whose misunderstanding. Allow me to elaborate on what I stated... since it seems that you aren't able to process it any other way...

"Thanks for all the insight."

I'm thanking the writer for his insight on the movie, as I, myself, haven't seen the movie.

"It sounds like we’re on the same page when it comes to taste, so I will skip the anticipation and drooling in order to move onto a better and more noteworthy series."

Perhaps I should have put movie, instead of series... either way it still makes sense... especially with the followup sentence I wrote. I was also stating that we have similar tastes, in the sense that we like our series/movies to not only be explained, but to also make sense... which series like X'amd fail to do.

"I will still check out the movie later on down the road, but I won’t be getting my hopes up."

Is it all coming together for you now?
Jul 17, 2009 2:30 AM
Dec 2008
Motherfuck, I got to see more Dominic and Anemone, but like barely anything.

I loved this shit but I raged when I thought Anemone was gonna be some old chick the whole movie, was so happy it wasn't like that.

Plus Eureka was way fucking cooler.
Jul 19, 2009 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
Thanks Haruhi-sama, they got rid of the kids. Yeah, they appear for several seconds near the end but at least they didn't have any major roles in this movie at all.

Beside stating the obvious that this movie lack execution and character depth, I like this Eureka much more than the anime version plus words cannot describe how cute Nirvash and TheEND were particularly when they were "fighting" on Renton's body.
Jul 19, 2009 11:36 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome!! :D
Jul 21, 2009 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
Although the animation and music were great, the story and characters were lacking.

I liked the beginning. The changes were surprising but I enjoyed it.
After the beginning, the story went downhill for me. Too much information, too little explanation. Trying to understand the plot, my brain was like 'MELTDOWN!' and went 'x.x' at the end.
I was expecting too much. I wrongly assumed that the movie was a prequel, so I was utterly dissapointed and most of all confused. VERY confused, because throughout the whole movie I tried to find a connection between the series and this movie. A lot of things didn't make sense to me, since the explanation was extremely lacking.

Bad story. Good animation and music. The use of the recycled scenes was weird though, but they fitted in nicely.
RespecticanJul 21, 2009 6:03 PM
Jul 22, 2009 2:59 AM

May 2009
Well I finished this movie (having been word it was plot weak but still a good watched. Initially I was excited with the direction the movie was going, even though it left some out/completely changed a lot. But as the movie progressed I disliked it more and more... T-T

Before I get going I wanted to ask if everyone agreed with me in that this story wasn't just an alternate universe for the sake of making a movie but that the movie LITERALLY takes place in an alternate universe connected to the one from the original series (this is backed by the event experienced by the Gekko state crew during the experiment imo)

The main thing I hated (only thing) I hated was that it felt like I was watching a pok'e'mon movie (plot wise) only in the Eureka Seven Universe. This was strongly enforced by the new pok'e'mon'esc LFO creatures. The way the Nirvash acts with this change and how the movie ends just couldn't quit reinforcing this too me. It most likely (I know it is) my fault for making this connection in my mind but after I made it I couldn't turn back. All I could see was a kids movie after that >.>

Don't get me wrong for a younger audience than I (or a younger me) I think this movie would rock, unfortunately I've grown up a little and this fantasy was just to "fantastic" for me to believe [by believe I mean let myself become engaged in the story/characters].

On a final note I do feel that creating a whole plot and severing yourself from the series is the best approach in an anime based film, because it allows you to create a story/plot better suited for a movie and its time constraints. It is my opinion that very very very few summation movies for animes go well [Gurren Lagann is one example].

6/10 (It's not bad, just didn't suit me)
"If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change.", John A. Simone, Sr.
Jul 22, 2009 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
Just finished it and loved it. I could say it's on par, maybe even better then the original series. I like how they gave Eureka en Renton a lot more depth. Especially Eureka was really well done in this movie.

Also Eureka with the long hair = Hell yea.

Overall I should say that Eureka was a lot cuter then the original and Renton less annoying.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 22, 2009 12:45 PM

Jan 2008
I am so confused, what just happened? I knew the story was going to be separate from the series. I knew they were going to recycle scenes from the original. But my brain hurts of making sense of the plot. It was to be expected that the animation would be great and the music would be epic, but the plot was all over the place. This might give me another reason to rewatch it though; TO FIGURE WTF IS GOING ON?!

Banner made by suikka
Jul 22, 2009 12:50 PM

Jun 2007
Movie was extremely boring and mediocre.

4/10
Jul 22, 2009 9:18 PM

Aug 2008
The first half of the movie wasn't so good. It was subpar animation filled with even more still frames and pans than an episode of Evangelion. Then it got amazing.

Also, did my ears deceive me, or was Dewey voiced by Fumihiko Tachiki?
Jul 29, 2009 8:17 AM

Jul 2009
My memory retention is just plummeting. Strange they would decide to change the mythos like that, the characters were skewed they would have been far better off using new characters, rather then displacing old ones, and altering their reasons for collaboration. I didn't understand the ending, maybe I need to watch the movie again, but I didn't understand, or even, actually, remember, what happened, or why the Nirvash rabbet-dog was giant.

I'll have an easier time describing the movie with internet lingo.

Movie = T_T
Jul 31, 2009 1:33 PM

Apr 2009
Nayah said:
Thanks Haruhi-sama, they got rid of the kids. Yeah, they appear for several seconds near the end but at least they didn't have any major roles in this movie at all.

Beside stating the obvious that this movie lack execution and character depth, I like this Eureka much more than the anime version plus words cannot describe how cute Nirvash and TheEND were particularly when they were "fighting" on Renton's body.

Hehe, the kids in the anime were super ultra annoying so getting rid of them was like the best thing ever. Gohan and even Lambo were less annoying.

That and some other things(like naked confused Eureka) made this movie quite enjoyable. I wasn't bothered about explanations as I thought it was more of a fantasy setting than scifi. IMO the relationship between Eureka and Renton was executed better as they didn't go round and round in circles for eternity(obviously that wouldn't be case if this was a full fledged anime series). Finally, I get the feeling this movie was especially made for those who watched the original and wanted something different instead of trying to reach a wider audience. I am all for this kind of stuff, its way better than watching the same story condensed into a 2 hour movie and I wish they would do this for Macross Frontier but that seems totally unlikely.
madaodonoJul 31, 2009 1:36 PM
Aug 7, 2009 12:42 PM
Aug 2008
Ahh, I loved it. The animation was superb, and it was nice how they didn't hold back with the deaths. Everything feels much more real, in a way.
Aug 7, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
It could've been better. >:
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Aug 9, 2009 3:07 AM

Oct 2008
Nirvash is really cute.. Mokyuu!!!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Should I watch this before or after Season 2 (AO)?

RevyTwo-Hands - Feb 21, 2017

3 by Hermiyas »»
Mar 14, 2023 5:38 AM

» Am I the only person who thought the plot made no sense?

Tomu199 - Dec 8, 2017

1 by LelouchLagusa »»
Feb 20, 2021 7:01 PM

» A question.

Yandy - Dec 11, 2009

5 by DuniaDeltzu »»
Sep 3, 2014 3:50 PM

» The Title: Eureka Seven

matlai17 - Apr 17, 2012

2 by thatguy »»
Jun 24, 2013 7:48 PM

» CMX Review

taterhead - Sep 23, 2009

3 by Joe00123 »»
Apr 17, 2011 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.