Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2007 7:54 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are now out at the usual places, grab 'em while its still hot!

Itsuki/Addy moment makes this an episode worth watching. Itsuki can now "see" through his eye patch. Any takers as to when we will see his mental state deteriorate?
Dec 9, 2007 8:24 PM

Jun 2007
His mental state will probably go crazy in the 20's...Episode was OKish...Addy and Itsuki moment was nice though ^.^
Dec 9, 2007 10:08 PM

Aug 2007
lol @ Itsuki tackling Addy when she came back. rape! Itsuki fighting with his eye patch on was pretty interesting. I wonder how effective the eye patch is now.
Dec 10, 2007 4:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good to see Addie back, a shame we won't get to see more of Lapis though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 10, 2007 5:52 AM

Oct 2007
MajorAddiction said:
lol @ Itsuki tackling Addy when she came back. rape! Itsuki fighting with his eye patch on was pretty interesting. I wonder how effective the eye patch is now.

It more or less looks like the eye patch is loosing it original magic, it seems weakened...
It was a nice episode, loved the rape :p
Dec 10, 2007 10:41 AM
Dec 2007
It's not that it's losing it's magic. The more Itsuki uses his "eye", the stronger the hold it has on him. It has become strong enough to react to spellwaves even WHEN he's wearing the patch now, so it's only a matter of time until he has to fight to keep his mind from being taken over his other self. That said, he began using it without the usual "manly voice" phase at first, so it may indicate that his control has begun to grow, though it may have been through the help of the eye patch.

All in all, a really nice episode. I was actually interested throughtout, thought Addie came in a little too early into it. I still think the Magic Association is a bit too shady for my taste (They seemed quite well-informed in the past yet they didn't move a muscle during the illegal magic Duel, which I'm sure they knew). And unconcious Lapis/Itsuki was so cute.

Dec 10, 2007 12:17 PM

May 2007
This Itsuki... he really know when to take a chance :3

Dec 10, 2007 12:43 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
ChiBuki said:

Haha, I can see a pattern emerging there. Good taste, Itsuki. xD

Lolis & Tsundere ftw.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 10, 2007 2:33 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Really enjoyed this episode! It kept my interest for the whole thing. Hope we'll find out what was in that notebook next ep. Honami drawing in blood was a little freaky (I thought more would happen because of that than what did).

So that eye is even MORE special than we thought it was (re: controlling magic not just seeing it). I'm guessing all the issues with the eye will probably be the final arc/climax. Looking forward to it :D
Dec 10, 2007 3:07 PM
Dec 2007
Kineta said:
Really enjoyed this episode! It kept my interest for the whole thing. Hope we'll find out what was in that notebook next ep. Honami drawing in blood was a little freaky (I thought more would happen because of that than what did).

So that eye is even MORE special than we thought it was (re: controlling magic not just seeing it). I'm guessing all the issues with the eye will probably be the final arc/climax. Looking forward to it :D

Well, the blood ritual would have been a regular one had she had any of her fetishes. Thing was the only thing she had to write the symbol with was blood. Plus, she didn't expect Addie coming to her rescue, which rendered the whole ritual pointless (since Addie could have dispelled the barrier anyway). But I liked the scene, it showed just how far she can go for his childhood friend, and I've mentioned before I'm a fan of the Itsuki/Honami pairing (they were just so cute as kids).

Dec 10, 2007 5:29 PM

Oct 2007
YAY Addie is back. <333
Still prefer her over Honami by far. ^^
Dec 10, 2007 7:13 PM

Aug 2007
Alert the loli police!!!

The only 2 girls Itsuki hasn't assaulted...yet...are Kureha and Honami...I'm starting to root for a harem ending...xD
Dec 10, 2007 10:21 PM

Aug 2007
ChiBuki said:

nice moves president. he took notes from bill clinton methinks
Dec 11, 2007 4:12 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
ChiBuki said:

Haha, I can see a pattern emerging there. Good taste, Itsuki. xD

Lolis & Tsundere ftw.

2nd that. haha, Itsuki is really smart "in a way". But really, nice ep imo, much action. that scene Itsuki tackling Addie made me smiled...Glad that happened, lol.

Hope Lapis will appear again later on...
Dec 11, 2007 7:15 AM

May 2007
Damn, itsuki is such a pimp.

moar lelouch actions and he owns.
Dec 11, 2007 8:22 AM

Jul 2007
The good end for Lapis seemed a little forced imo.

I really don't want this to turn into a harem... Itsuki x Honami please.
Dec 11, 2007 5:40 PM

Jan 2007
Itsuki x Addie ftw~

But yeah, it sucks that Lapis didn't join them.
Dec 11, 2007 5:53 PM
Dec 2007
bklynrob said:
The good end for Lapis seemed a little forced imo.

I really don't want this to turn into a harem... Itsuki x Honami please.
<3 Also, it's not really that forced. Lapis is a homunculi. She lives for her master and her master alone. So, it's natural for her to return to him. If anything, her loyalty is what softened him up a bit and sent him on some non-literal soul-searching.

The postcard did seem a little bit too happy though. She should have posed alongside him though, for that extra touch of hyper-cuteness.

Dec 13, 2007 5:40 PM

Jun 2007
this episode revealed more than what i had to know...
one of those things is that itsuki might become a pimp in some not too far future. but seeing him assault addie was cute. she blushed, which was even cuter.

kuroha taking action in this episode was also a surprise, since i really dont know where she got that magic from. but nevertheless, its awesome seeing her with screentime. she is cute too. i wouldnt mind an itsuki x kuroha ending, even though she is a ghost xD

the action was good, and seeing itsuki fight without the eyepatch made him look cooler, meaning he can still predict a little without using glam sight.

itsuki and lapis together is cute...
Dec 14, 2007 11:42 AM

Dec 2007
Hmmm so that was a bit of a turn at the end, i thought for sure that guy was a bad dude. Looks like he was just neglected. :P It was nice of Lapis to stay with him though...kinda like a puppy that kicks kicked but still comes back. Heh. Oh wait, i guess she wouldn't live long if Eucaides didn't give her power, i remember him saying that.
Dec 14, 2007 8:52 PM
Dec 2007
glitch said:
Hmmm so that was a bit of a turn at the end, i thought for sure that guy was a bad dude. Looks like he was just neglected. :P It was nice of Lapis to stay with him though...kinda like a puppy that kicks kicked but still comes back. Heh. Oh wait, i guess she wouldn't live long if Eucaides didn't give her power, i remember him saying that.
Many antagonists ussually aren't pure evil, but posses plausible reasons for their actions. Well, good antagonists anyway. Indeed, he just felt that Itsuki wasn't fit to lead Astral, considering he wasn't neither a mage nor really into the magic business.

Dec 19, 2008 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
Awww Lapis would have been a nice addition to the team D: omg Addie x Itsuki moment was sweet :3,
ChiBuki said:

I had a feeling you would post pictures up xD
Jul 22, 2010 12:37 AM

May 2008
I was really hoping that Lapis would somehow fuck them over... this series has been a bunch of stereotypes mashed together, with a non-existant plot... I wanted Itsuki to somehow realize that when he trusted Lapis, it was a grave mistake due to his lack of magical knowledge... This would make him want to improve, but instead the series breezes past that... it should be a bit more realistic. And yes, no shounen is technically realistic, but I'm only suggesting this to make up for this horrible lack of a plot.
Jun 13, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2012
This was a pretty nice episode actually, quite liked it! Let's see what's next.
Nov 19, 2015 2:26 AM

Feb 2010
Adi ^^

That lucky bastard...
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 3 Discussion

eppyomega - Oct 21, 2007

23 by Cero98 »»
Apr 24, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 15, 2007

29 by Cero98 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 AM

Poll: » Do you think it had potential?

irrfan1378595783 - May 9, 2021

2 by irrfan1378595783 »»
Mar 27, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

PimpToad - Mar 23, 2008

57 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 13, 2023 10:08 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 19 Discussion

PimpToad - Feb 17, 2008

20 by MinTsubasa »»
Aug 28, 2021 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.