Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2010
Is that...is that his urine?
Feb 8, 2014 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
FINALLY a good episode.. this show bored me to death since the very few episodes.. it was good but the constant talking and SoL feel had me snoozing.

5/5
Feb 8, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
minori, she is little shiroe
your're so cool rudy XD
Feb 8, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Battle begins..
Those fight scenes were epic.
The way the newbie Log Horizon members were kicking butt, good stuff.
Rudy on his deathbed..
But it ain't over just yet! Shiroe to the rescue!
Feb 8, 2014 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
Very good ep!

Awesome fighting, and the preview sounded even better, can't wait for next week!
Feb 8, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
Good Episode, Crusty is growing more and more on me. More veterans, and less noobs please!
Feb 8, 2014 6:21 PM
Oct 2012
Pknoctis said:

Unless you normally keep your drinks next to your trash can....

Would it be sick of me to say that this picture convinced me to give this show a chance?

I am not really into MMORPG, but I have been periodically checking the boards here to see how people have liked this show. The posts have been mostly favorable, but also mostly MMORPG centric, but seeing that someone with that type of humor is attached to this show is what makes it intriguing to me.
Feb 8, 2014 6:22 PM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Just when I thought everything has been smooth sailing right from the beginning for Minori, BAM a tough battle kicks in where battle experiences are vital.

The newbie party definitely has grown a lot but still a long way to go.

Minori definitely is talented though being able to mimic Shiroe's fully controlled combat even managed to achieve 5-10 seconds ahead.

On the other hand, this game has got to be the worse in terms of item drop rates. So many monsters slain and looted only a pair of gloves. I hope there will be a loot feast once the goblin king is defeated.

you know loots in this kind of games are NORMAL FOR NORMAL MMORPG which has HARD MODE DROPS that can only have atleast 5 - 10 % chance of DROPS....

or maybe 10 - 20 or 30 % chance drops of items and 5 - 10 % drops of Rare items.....

If you tried playing a game like Ragnarok Online (the REAL ONE not a Private server) .....u'll see how the drops go... same as Elder Tales Online of Log Horizon,
Feb 8, 2014 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Beholda said:
Rundelhaus' heroism was his downfall. If he didn't intervene to save Tohya then at least Tohya would revive at the cathedral, but he is (seemingly) gone for good.

Not that I'm complaining, of course the mighty Rundelhaus code doesn't abandon a friend in need.

At the time of this post the poll is 90.16% 5/5, and I couldn't agree more.

Hopefully Rudy's noble sacrifice will not have been in vain.

well the thing is that tohya is the tank of the group, meaning if he dies, all the rest of the party get 2-3 hit killed by the mobs. basically when the tank falls, the whole party is wiped out. therefore either he sacrifies himself (maybe not because of saving the tank, but saving his buddy) or the other outcome that everyone dies...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Feb 8, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2010
Rudy dieing. Like a boss.

Shiroe breaking the laws of the world. Like a boss.
Feb 8, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
Pknoctis said:

I'd like to think it's tea. Kind of like this. You guys are being weird haha XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 8, 2014 7:22 PM
Aug 2008
http://i.imgur.com/Jl9naB9.png

is shiroe's urine. His drink are on his right hand.
Feb 8, 2014 7:35 PM

Jun 2012
I totally knew he was one of the people of the land. This episode was so sad. I wonder what Shiroe will do
Feb 8, 2014 7:46 PM
Aug 2008
SusuBitesYou said:
I totally knew he was one of the people of the land. This episode was so sad. I wonder what Shiroe will do

maybe contract Rudy as a familiar?

or Shiroe actually have a "hacked/bugged skill" thats still remains in his skill-tree since the Elder tale Alpha/Beta? or he hacked it himself when its still a game? <-- plot for .hack, not Log Horizon
Feb 8, 2014 7:57 PM
Mar 2009
Only 4/5 for me, because of a few minor details that broke my suspension of disbelief. Before that, though,

OMy! Yes! Finally the Truth about Rudy comes out and WOW! What an epic fight!

And WOW! That foreplanning!

And WOW! The level of detail in their MMORPG simulations!

WOW!

The minor things don't matter much, prob. nobody else noticed them anyhow.
Feb 8, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2013
This is what Ive been waiting for!! The fighting is AWESOME!! Lol at Serera meekly calling that "Dispell" (or something like that) spell and blowing those Goblins to smithereens! Ruby please dont die! I hated you when you showed up but going out like that was too awesome for you to die!!
Feb 8, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2013
RUDY?! WHY BE SO STUPIDLY HEROIC?!

Darn this is so goood! I love this show I like it better than SAO (no offense)

Shiroe go save my favorite person of the land darn it!
And Krusty! GO KILL SOME MORE MONSTERS EPICALLY (while being sad apparently >_>)

LH FTW
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Feb 8, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
Well there's your action guys. And it was pretty well executed if I do say so my self. This and the next episode (20) are the only ones w/ heavy action elements left in the series so relish them well. Since the next arc is a "transition" arc of sorts and if comedy, slice of life and rom com aren't your thing you'll probably find it boring once more.
Feb 8, 2014 8:19 PM

Apr 2012
Oh man! This only gets me even more excited about Episode 20 where Shiroe will demonstrate his utter awesomeness!

Beholda said:
On the other hand, this game has got to be the worse in terms of item drop rates. So many monsters slain and looted only a pair of gloves. I hope there will be a loot feast once the goblin king is defeated.

Not really, apparently such a large number of mobs attacking at once is not common, so to avoid unbalancing the game the drop rates should be lowered for the most common monsters or else everybody will simply farm goblins for items instead of exploring more of the game.

Also, if the drop rates weren't lowered then people would allow the Goblin King to be crowned so that the number of goblins is at its highest to increase the amount of loot. Considering the objective of the devs was to make people defeat the Goblin King they had to make it so the most rewarding option was besieging his fortress and killing him. Thus, item drops from the regular goblin army have to be low.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Feb 8, 2014 9:02 PM

Oct 2012
MagisterArcanum said:
kamijoan said:
Sooooooo..... how does he even use magic and commands? XD
Any NPC can just appear and be a one-death-adventurer?

People of the Land can use magic just like Adventurers. However, they are restricted by a level cap and also gain experience much more slower (four times if I remember correctly). This also indirectly demonstrates Rundelhaus' awesomeness as he had to work much harder than anyone else before even reaching the level he had during the summer training camp (it also shows why he thought his level was high enough to brag about during his introductory scenes...XD).

Did you get that information from the LN, previous episode, or guessed it? It made so much sense when you look at Rudy's level in this episode, level 25.And there is the part were he think he can get more powerful by being more passionate. Though I wonder if Rudy is aware of the status screen that adventures can see?
Feb 8, 2014 9:13 PM

Apr 2013
Really enjoyed this episode, I wish the fighting had a little more focus on the higher levels though. That being said, it feels odd that the level 90's don't have stronger AOE skills. I'd like to see more of the stronger characters fighting, especially because the goblins are quite low level. I really do hope there is a large difference between the newbies and the pros, because that is a 60-ish level gap.

That aside, poor Rudy. I actually began to really like him as the story went on. I hope he's saved.
Feb 8, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
Needalist said:
MagisterArcanum said:
kamijoan said:
Sooooooo..... how does he even use magic and commands? XD
Any NPC can just appear and be a one-death-adventurer?

People of the Land can use magic just like Adventurers. However, they are restricted by a level cap and also gain experience much more slower (four times if I remember correctly). This also indirectly demonstrates Rundelhaus' awesomeness as he had to work much harder than anyone else before even reaching the level he had during the summer training camp (it also shows why he thought his level was high enough to brag about during his introductory scenes...XD).

Did you get that information from the LN, previous episode, or guessed it? It made so much sense when you look at Rudy's level in this episode, level 25.And there is the part were he think he can get more powerful by being more passionate. Though I wonder if Rudy is aware of the status screen that adventures can see?

Yes he got that from the novels. Aside from the fact that they have perma death and only gain 1/4 the XP compared to adventurers PotL are also not able to use/access adventurer exclusive skills like telepathy and call of home. They can't use the bank. They have a very basic UI that doesn't even show the current amount of XP. They can only train until they level up w/out exactly knowing "when" they would level up. It was not so explicitly shown here in the anime but in the novels Rudie trained like a madman to gain those two precious level while his other party mates gained five almost effortlessly.

@NostalgicDPT You'll be in for a treat next ep w/ the summoners hint* hint* Assuming NHK animates it of course. And the wizards weren't really spamming lazerrr beams in the novels. AoE spells were present. But is a lot more troublesome to animate. And this IS NHK. Just be thankful we got lots'a Krusty.
swordstriker21Feb 8, 2014 9:30 PM
Feb 8, 2014 9:30 PM
Jan 2010
VadNAP said:
minori, she is little shiroe

all she's missing are the glasses 8D
Feb 8, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2013
This is what I love: everyone was awesome this episode. Minori and Rudy were especially BA. And looks like Shiroe will get to be BA again next week!
Feb 8, 2014 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
I actually hate the fact that Minori is copying Shiroe...
Feb 8, 2014 11:30 PM

Jun 2013
"Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!"
Feb 9, 2014 1:05 AM

Jan 2011
Gonna laugh if all that happens is that he just respawns because that's normally what happens when NPCs die.
Feb 9, 2014 3:26 AM
Nov 2010
It sounds like Shiroe is gonna show that he's overpowered soon since there's no "normal" way of getting out of this situation.
Feb 9, 2014 3:46 AM

Sep 2010
Pknoctis said:

I would like to think that's just fruit juice, or some similar refreshment, purchased in large bottles since it costs less per volume if you buy large.

Strange; Regan said that resurrection magic would work on people of the land, but Rudy is unresponsive to it. Kind of a bad time to be finding out that Regan's theory is incomplete. o.o Hopefully Serara can slow the anima-dispersal long enough.

This may be a bit of a stretch, but when Minori says "There's still hope!", it seems to carry an implication that Shiroe has just told her something over telepathy, possibly about how people of the land can be revived.

I would have thought that Marielle would be more useful in this case since she's a lv90 cleric, so would have more powerful healing abilities than Serara. Shiroe seems to have mostly support magic.

Also, from a game-balancing point of view, People of the Land should have a HIGHER level cap (or some higher limit to their potential power) than Adventurers in exchange for their slower EXP gain rate and permanent death. Otherwise, it's flat-out unfair. o.o
TakataFeb 9, 2014 3:51 AM
Feb 9, 2014 3:57 AM
Dec 2012
I knew it! Rudy is one of the people of the land. RIP Rudy.
Feb 9, 2014 4:22 AM

May 2010
Those feels and that atmosphere... Rudy, you have all my respect....

A brilliantttt episode once again!
Feb 9, 2014 4:47 AM
Oct 2013
xchee said:

edit_ Found the bit about the last 5 episodes:

>>Are you pleased with how the anime is adapting your work? Is there anything that was skipped or changed that you don't like?
That's difficult.
The anime is satisfying as an anime production.
The VAs' acting is splendid.
Shiroe, Naotsugu, Akatsuki, Nyanta, Serara, Krusty(?), Isuzu, and Rundelhaus(?) are especially good.
And I have to restrain myself in front of one of the seiyuu. I'm one of her fans after all.
Please look forward to the last five episodes

My guess is , i think she is VA for nureha/kanami . But...who is she , no idea
Feb 9, 2014 4:55 AM
Oct 2013
Epic epiSodE , even i didnt see the summoner summon phoenix and golem like in the LN...but still , lovee this episode
CMIWW in the LN rudy and isuzu is like a couple...(holding hand together , while walking in the dungeon ) but we cant see that in anime ( NHK censor that part maybe )
Feb 9, 2014 5:06 AM

Feb 2013
Great episode.
Feb 9, 2014 5:27 AM

Jul 2011
Shiroe's bedroom is somehow predictable.
Feb 9, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
DAMN. GOOD ep.
In the beginning. Crusty haha.
Having fun while fighting :D
Shinorie is gonna be a badass now :D
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Feb 9, 2014 6:22 AM

May 2008
Awesome episode but I want more Crusty! and the main battle scene compared to the kids although its cool too.
More MORE!!!
Feb 9, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2012
Somehow I feel like we see too much of Minori's group... and I'm so tired of her... dunno why but she seriously irritates me ><
Want to see Shiroe in action!
Feb 9, 2014 7:50 AM
Oct 2012
Okay, this is getting confusing and I would be grateful if someone explained it to me. Is it impossible for players to know if they are interacting with NPC or with another player? Pictures below are from the very first episode and we can clearly see it is possible to distinct People of the Land from Adventurers - thanks to the information written next to their names:

http://i.imgur.com/0I6Kn3X.jpg

On the other hand, in episode 5 when Shiroe and his team visited a farm after rescuing Serara they weren't sure if they spoke with NPC until he introduced himself as the farm owner.

So... how it is?
Feb 9, 2014 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
Damn, Rudy was so cool!!
Why didn't I think of him being the People of the Land before! So bad of me!

If you can't revive him, you make him into a boukensha. I think this is what Shiroe will do to save him.
Signature
Feb 9, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2011
cowboy2402 said:
Okay, this is getting confusing and I would be grateful if someone explained it to me. Is it impossible for players to know if they are interacting with NPC or with another player? Pictures below are from the very first episode and we can clearly see it is possible to distinct People of the Land from Adventurers - thanks to the information written next to their names:

http://i.imgur.com/0I6Kn3X.jpg

On the other hand, in episode 5 when Shiroe and his team visited a farm after rescuing Serara they weren't sure if they spoke with NPC until he introduced himself as the farm owner.

So... how it is?

You don't know until you either:
A> Talk to them
B> Focus to open up the menu to see the name tags

They didn't bother bring up name tags at the farm. You don't see any menus or name tags at all normally.
Feb 9, 2014 9:29 AM

Sep 2011
Akagatari said:

Because of asspull to force drama =\

Telling me that they've been together for that long and no one else tried to add him to a friendlist? No one would bring up name tags/etc when they were fighting mobs?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Feb 9, 2014 9:54 AM

Jul 2011
xLimewireX said:

Because of asspull to force drama =

Telling me that they've been together for that long and no one else tried to add him to a friendlist? No one would bring up name tags/etc when they were fighting mobs?

There's no need for them to add each other since they'd be always together the entire time. And pulling up name tags in battle is suicidal, unless you're the tactician like Minori (and she already knew)
Feb 9, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2011
That was the best episode in a while for Log Horizon.
Feb 9, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode! The fight scenes were really great, and I loved seeing Minori's group doing really well. I kinda guessed Rudy was one of the People of the Land when Izusu couldn't add him as a friend, but it's still kind of sad because he doesn't have a real life counterpart like the rest of the group. Hopefully he can be revived.
Feb 9, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2009
Log Horizon is sooo good.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 9, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Krusty is a freaking monster :o

I wonder if Shiroe is going to use some sort of "Hack" to revive Rudy.
Feb 9, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
That was the best episode yet. I hope it keeps up like this throughout the rest of the series with these battle scenes.
Feb 9, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2013
xLimewireX said:
Akagatari said:

Because of asspull to force drama =

you have seen the scene where izuru couldnt add rudy to his buddylist? and how she knew the whole thing? and i think minori already had a suspection before (few episodes before when they were eating)
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Feb 9, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
katsu044 said:
Gonna laugh if all that happens is that he just respawns because that's normally what happens when NPCs die.

Actually NPCs (Landers) don't respawn at all.When they die they ARE dead. Unless someone does something before the body disperses they will forever be gone.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.