Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2009 12:18 PM
Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's the end of the Anime and i can just give a 10.
May 14, 2009 12:56 AM

May 2008
Just finished the series and I'm going to have to say that this is one of the good ones. Entertaining and engaging Solty Rei kind of wanders a little bit early on after the establishing episodes, then settles down nicely. I wish they would have gone at least 2 more episodes to go a little more in depth with RUC and the back story of the planet they're on... or maybe just a couple of episodes featuring Solty the Jr Bounty Hunter after Roy had finally accepted her. Regardless, this is a good series to watch; enough twists and turns to keep you guessing and although, like many animes, it gets a bit darker at the end, it doesn't get psychotic.
May 11, 2010 1:46 AM

Sep 2008
I gotta say, the ending was quite good. Not only was there a time skip, there was 2! It was touching how Roy said he could wait more since he waited 12 years for Rose. I guess he got fed up and went searching for her though. I loved the music in the anime too, quite fitting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2011 1:34 AM

Jan 2008
i was really happy with how this show ended. the second time skip was a nice touch as well though i do wonder if he let her RIP or brought her back down. either way i'm glad i decided to pick that show up. i do agree that they should have done a back story on the planet at least. and where is earth and stuff?
Jul 28, 2012 4:40 PM

Nov 2011
Great series tbh.

And last scene was touching..this is how an anime should be an executed. Anyways, going to watch the OVA soon and got a solid 8/10 from me.
Dec 15, 2012 7:55 AM
Oct 2012
really liked this series ithought it was a bit too sad with this guy loseing a daughter 3 times some pepole have no luck this guy was one of them i really liked the the fact that he finally accepted solty as his daughter but a bit late as useal for a show great sci-fi feel to it i gave it a very good score.
Apr 15, 2014 5:45 PM
Jun 2013
wait from the preview from the last episode it sounded like roy confessed he loved miranda.I mean what happened?Did it actually happen or not? Anywho besides that still great ending to the show. Im confused though why the two time jumps when after the 5 years jump it say many years but it doesint seem that much time passed at all.
souledge94Apr 15, 2014 6:46 PM
Dec 13, 2014 10:32 PM

Sep 2011
loved this series overall, just wish we had gotten to see that birthday party for Solty upon her return even if it was 5+ years late lol
Apr 11, 2015 10:06 PM

Jan 2010
Um, wow. That was an extremely clumsy crawl to a heartfelt ending. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed early on with Solty completely beating the hell of out Roy's enemies. I was, however, truly amused by Jouji Nakata acting flustered, which got me to like the other characters by association. When the drama hit, it definitely worked on me, and I appreciated how heavily it came down. I've seen my share of death drama in anime, but it's been a while since I've seen grief portrayed so intensely. It's also the reason why I was so concerned when Rose came back and when Roy stood to lose Solty towards the end.

That being said, I'm just glad that Roy finally stopped getting kicked around by the plot and got his happy end. It shows just how invested I got, which is a surprised given how rough the show started. This is, perhaps, one of the few shows I've seen where both the parent and kids are main characters, as well as one of the few shows where the parent is also the focus. I don't know how I randomly came across this show, but I'm glad I did.
May 11, 2015 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
All honesty, this was a beautiful anime.

One of my favs!
Mar 16, 2016 7:13 AM
Mar 2016
Great Story! This is a beautiful story about family. But wait! Roy and Miranda confessed their love for each other from the preview! IT WAS NOT IN THE EPISODE šŸ˜­ IS THIS EXPECTATION VS REALITY?! Oh c'mon it's so obvious that they act as a married couple or something. And I have a theory, If the confession was not shown in this episode, then why did the 5 years later kind of has my canon instincts that it shown Roy, Rose/Rita, Miranda and Kasha. Roy said, "Don't worry, Solty will come back! After all she's got her whole family waiting for her." Does this mean that Roy and Miranda got married cause Roy was the father and Miranda was the mother and Kasha became one of her sisters. I mean, they obviously resemble my family, with parents and two little sisters. That's all that I have been thinking. And ONE MORE QUESTION, ARE ROY AND MIRANDA CANON?
Apr 22, 2016 4:49 AM

Dec 2008
I couldnt take it anymore. After about episode 6, I just had to see the last ep and move on with my life lol. NOt a bad ending. ^^
Jan 15, 2017 12:02 AM

Jun 2009
I wish there were a few more episodes to go with this. Is Integra a vegetable? Is Larry protecting Accela?
So many more questions...
And the second time lapse was just so beautiful. My eyes teared up so many times.
9/10 show.
Jun 2, 2019 4:48 PM

Jun 2015
I cried the first time I watched and I'm crying again.

Solty is the best girl
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 21, 2022 5:47 PM

Aug 2008
Generic anime, takes too long to get going. Generic villain who the show tries to humanizing after straight out murdering someone. For no reason either, no point on turning on his subordinates, even if they won't be useful anymore, was just for shock value. Could have shoved them to the side instead of causing an uproar that then turned the attention of Solty and gang toward him. Left cold at end as I don't feel the anime did a good job making me care about any of these characters.
Jun 14, 2022 6:31 AM

Aug 2018
You can see my comments every e[episodes i hated that she was a robot because I could care less about robots, BUT this was the only time i cry for a robot, Solty is very adorable and sad scenes. Roy at 50 is still relatively young glad they find her but i didnt like Roy went to space I know they wanted another touchy scene but I laughed. Also they gave her the Iron Giant ending so cliche
Guts-ValleyJun 14, 2022 7:01 AM
Nov 1, 2023 10:30 PM

Dec 2015
Good concept but poor execution. Characters are rather 1 dimensional and unmemorable, and the plot is all over the place, despite being 2 cours long. Feels like they took the typical "original anime template" filled in the blanks.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 1 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Apr 7, 2009

8 by NoviSun »»
Oct 26, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 17 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 6, 2010

5 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 14, 2022 4:22 AM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 14 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jul 13, 2009

5 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 14, 2022 2:59 AM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 5 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 21, 2008

4 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 14, 2022 12:06 AM

Poll: » Solty Rei Episode 4 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 21, 2008

3 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 13, 2022 11:41 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.