Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2009 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of things happened in the previous ep, but this time we switched to hyperspeed with the story. Did anyone get what was the Queen talking about at the start other than that Layfon is some Psyharden?

From what I understand:
- Psyhardens have superior abilities and should use katanas to max out their potential.
- The WonderRam (and Leerin's familiar) are Haikizokus aka fairies of ruined cities.
- The mercenary guy with the tattooed eye is here to get the WonderRam.
- Drugs are bad.. even if it's for the sake of your city
- There wasn't enough Felli goodness

Before I forget, here is some free cake to all Regios fans:

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Felli is to deified!
Apr 6, 2009 12:08 PM

Sep 2008
Some answers are good. Nice to finally get them, though I still don't understand why did tattooed guy attack Layfon? To show him he must use katana or just for fun?
Anyhow, nothing special. 3.5/5 for this episode.
Apr 6, 2009 12:50 PM

Oct 2008
well i find it inhumane to end episode in such moment ... damn them
Psyharden - is layfon but what about this girl, this is also the reason why queen allow him to back grenad in distant future?
this spirit or whatever .. gang guy want to capture it ... he said that keeping it in town is dangerous ... why layfon refused to take it ...? -_- it was like power or rather enchantchment for free ...
have you been looking for next episode preview? we've got some answers there ^_^ i cant resist to see it ^_^ :D Heaven's blade in action ... delicious :P
Apr 6, 2009 1:22 PM

Jun 2008
Did Nina lost her memories or something? I clearly remember that she said she don't want Layfon in her group.
Also the new ED is nice.
Apr 6, 2009 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
I knew it was going to be about the guardian. Felli part kicking the post was good like usual.
Apr 6, 2009 3:06 PM

May 2008
hmmm, I liked the ending, the show is still progressing slowly.
Apr 6, 2009 3:23 PM

Dec 2007
Hm, I prefer the first ED to the new one...

Anyway, the episode was pretty good with a lot of info, although I'm still not sure in which direction the show is headed (except that it has something to do with the Haikizoku obviously). In any case, the next episode is probably going to be sweet.
Apr 6, 2009 3:33 PM

Sep 2008
kie_ said:
Did Nina lost her memories or something? I clearly remember that she said she don't want Layfon in her group.
Also the new ED is nice.

yes i'm still asking that question...what happened with ninas 360 attitude to fonfon?

was ok episode....a bit of backstory, hopefully from previews next ep will be good

Kvakond said:

my thoughts exactly
Apr 6, 2009 3:45 PM

Jan 2009
@Hronic are we even sure that he refuse it, since ram said well done!
ram want someone who si enoght powerful to be it's host and it looked like he liked him.

i think that main problem isn't about have to use katana or not in order to use full skills, but if sword has a blade or is bladeless.
but is true that he was trained in arts that were created for katana and he should be the best at using it.
Apr 6, 2009 4:22 PM

Sep 2008
kie_ said:
Also the new ED is nice.

Just forget it. Seems like Nina has short-term memory, she forgot every single fight with Layfon and acts all shiny again.
Hopefully the producers will one day forget to place her in the episode, and than again, and again, and so I never see her forgetting & annoying (but good-looking) face ever again.
Apr 6, 2009 7:11 PM

Jun 2007
I think nina just forgave Layfon at the end of the episode. I don't think she forgot anything lol.

One thing that caught my eye was how the queen refers to Layfon as an "it" however she does not refer to other Psyharden's as "it". She also mentions Layfon has some Psyharden blood in him but never mentions that he's a full Psyharden. To me this indicates that he has something else inside him that's making him strong that the queen does not agree with. Either that or it's just a rule that the queen cant say a banished person's name :P.

I guess the real question now is what's so special about Psyharden's and what role do they play in all this. People obviously look at them as being powerful tools. I can only wonder if a Psyharden is a human decedent that has merged with a regios fairy (ie. Nina) or maybe a human that has bug blood in them.

This series is getting really good now. So many questions that are left unanswered.
Apr 6, 2009 8:17 PM

Sep 2008
DeathfireD said:
This series is getting really good now. So many questions that are left unanswered.

yeah its one of my faves at the moment...I'm just hoping it doesn't have a 'go read the manga' ending coz then that would really piss me off
Apr 6, 2009 10:48 PM

Nov 2007
Nina, Nina, Nina... is that how you act when asked to assist with a police investigation -.-. Next episode ought to be good. I wonder what favor did Sharnid ask Nina at the end of the episode? What a place to end, at least all this exposition gives som interesting new info.
Apr 7, 2009 12:41 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
One thing that caught my eye was how the queen refers to Layfon as an "it" however she does not refer to other Psyharden's as "it". She also mentions Layfon has some Psyharden blood in him but never mentions that he's a full Psyharden. To me this indicates that he has something else inside him that's making him strong that the queen does not agree with. Either that or it's just a rule that the queen cant say a banished person's name :P.

Well to me, I would say Layfon is kind of on a mission or something like that rather than being exile. As you can see the queen is lying about a lot of things and what she is doing is rather suspicious.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 7, 2009 7:36 AM
Sep 2007
Nina should be replaced with a large rock in every scene.
Apr 8, 2009 8:31 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah I think it has something to do with his banishment, although calling him "It" is kinda harsh. Maybe if he had breasts, things would be different...

I just noticed who else should join the 17th after paying closer attention to the OP, my attention span got the best of me all this time...
Apr 8, 2009 10:09 AM

Sep 2008
The funny Felli parts are always made out of win xD

Apr 9, 2009 6:34 AM

Mar 2009
Here's something i got from animesuki about Haikizokou, Psyharden and why the Queen call Layfon "It".

Haikizokou

Psyharden

Why the Queen call Layfon "It"
MrTerroristApr 9, 2009 6:40 AM
Apr 9, 2009 6:37 AM
Apr 2009
Uhh, if you noticed Nina's expression in the lost regios ep. you'll see that she realized that Layfon only told her part of the story. Once she realize that he didn't have bad intentions (like just getting money to get rich instead of helping orphans), she forgave him.
Apr 9, 2009 7:11 AM

Jan 2009
MrTerrorist said:
Here's something i got from animesuki about Haikizokou, Psyharden and why the Queen call Layfon "It".

Haikizokou

Psyharden

I agreed with 80% of this. Is good info.
Apr 9, 2009 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
Meh, I really just can't take any of this seriously nor can I be entirely engaged with what's going on since all of this seems to be tied together by shoestrings, with the writing adding new twists and stuff as we go along, not necessarily developing anything at all.

I don't think the episode moved quickly at all, I just have a hard time trying to figure out what this show is about, and therefore what is and isn't important. I just find it weird that they introduce characters in the worst ways, and go long amounts of episodes without really doing anything with certain characters, only to have them play larger roles...or just completely have a specific character (Nina) have little to no personality and be subject to the whims of the plot.
Apr 10, 2009 3:41 AM

Aug 2007
japanme32 said:
MrTerrorist said:

Haikizokou

Psyharden

I agreed with 80% of this. Is good info.

I like it too. Now we just need more info on why there wasn't much Felli in this ep?
Apr 20, 2009 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
Good episode, the story is finally starting to move at a decent speed, and that's a good thing. Sharnid looks cool in his costume from the 10th platoon.
May 7, 2009 2:21 PM

Oct 2008
Finally, Layfon gets a blade replacement.. A katana!

10th Platoon vs 17th Platoon

Sounds pretty illogical in terms of battle plan but nonetheless, it happens that the Academy leader who can also be considered as the equivalent of the president of a nation can make all sorts of decision on their own and disagreement or opposition to his decisions will result in getting kicked out of the Academy City similar to a deportation. Thinking about this realistically.. Getting deported for stopping a drug deal is definitely extraordinary!
Jun 1, 2011 8:26 PM

Jul 2010
Kvakond said:

for some reason the drug reference made me laugh and i agree, very little felli

Oct 11, 2011 1:26 PM

Feb 2010
nina4life said:
kie_ said:
Also the new ED is nice.

Just forget it. Seems like Nina has short-term memory, she forgot every single fight with Layfon and acts all shiny again.
Hopefully the producers will one day forget to place her in the episode, and than again, and again, and so I never see her forgetting & annoying (but good-looking) face ever again.

just plain lols when I read that.
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 10, 2012 2:56 AM

Sep 2011
Yeeaaahh yeaahhh can't wait until the next episode! Too bad its time for me to go to bed. :(
May 29, 2014 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
Take drugs so your battle plan is approved. Very clever Diin.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 2, 2014 9:24 AM

Feb 2013
I lol'd at Layfon trying to protect his shin from Felli.
Mar 17, 2015 8:54 PM

May 2014
Layfon is a psyvwarden.
Fucking NIna as usual. Seriously, your ethics is to abet a criminal, defy police orders for the sake of trying to justify his use of overloads? Can't she accept someone evil? Seriously, F8ck off already, she's ruining her friend's police career and is causing trouble. No other way around it. So naïve.
Jul 8, 2015 3:47 AM

Dec 2013
Kvakond said:

From what I understand:
- Psyhardens have superior abilities and should use katanas to max out their potential.
- The WonderRam (and Leerin's familiar) are Haikizokus aka fairies of ruined cities.
- The mercenary guy with the tattooed eye is here to get the WonderRam.

Before I forget, here is some free cake to all Regios fans:

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Felli is to deified!

Just a word on your second point, but that wasn't Leerin's familiar a few episodes back. That was Grendan's electronic fairy protecting her.

However, the second part concerning Haikizokus being fairies from ruined cities is spot on.
Kuro_YuukiJul 8, 2015 3:56 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 28, 2016 2:25 AM

Aug 2013
Seriously..? Is Nina trying to be the world's most hated person now..?
Even Naruki is pissed off at you know.. well whatever what's next.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 20, 2009

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.