Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2009 3:47 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahh it finally aired. ^^
Even through the animation slightly bugs me ill bear with it >_<
Thankfully the episode wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, and the adaptation from the manga worked out well.
ClarsisoApr 2, 2009 3:52 PM
Apr 2, 2009 3:56 PM

Jun 2008
I did notice the bad animation from the preview, so I wasn't surprise you mention XD. I wish A-1 Picture was the one who took it, but oh well...

Edit: Okay, so I got to watch the anime. The OP & ED was okay, not the best I have seen, but it didn't bored me at all. (What happen to the song that we heard from the first preview?) The animation was ups and completely down in some part. I was also quiet disappoint we didn't get hear Break's and Shannon's voice yet =_=' But overall, I did enjoy the first episode (love the part where Alice just tried to kill him, it was well done)! I'll keep watching this even though I hate the animation.
MimikoApr 3, 2009 1:30 PM
Apr 2, 2009 4:00 PM

Mar 2009
I watched it on youtube (argg quality sucked >_>)
Ill download it once the subs come out xD
Apr 2, 2009 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
Clarsiso said:
I watched it on youtube (argg quality sucked >_>)
Ill download it once the subs come out xD

*look despair* =__=
And I have waited for so long for the download and it never come.. oh well thanks for mention *run to youtube* (But I'll still download it and upload it in a better site anyway, for the sake of the other people who doesn't know XD)
Apr 2, 2009 5:02 PM

Dec 2007
can someone please tell me were I can watch it??
and does anyone know when the subs come out?

Edit: never mind, i´ve just watched it... argh, the art was so much better in the manga, this really annoys me!!
bialovesanimeApr 2, 2009 5:27 PM
Apr 2, 2009 6:13 PM

Dec 2007
I'm kinda disappointed in the graphics too, but overall it was a great opener and I'm pretty impressed by the "first impression" kind of thing.
Apr 2, 2009 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
YouTube? Eek, don't know what that's like, but I can only imagine. Try this link instead. Even at full screen the quality is pretty high considering it's a stream: http://www.watchanimeon.com/pandora-hearts-episode-1/

Can't wait for the sub. I loved the art style. Not as much as the PV video, but, still, very nice. Not much else I can say really besides that it looks like an episode I'd enjoy. Oh, and the music rocks. :)
Apr 2, 2009 11:05 PM

Apr 2008
What's wrong with the animation? It's not top notch like To Aru Majutsu no Index or Clannad, but it's not terrible. Seems slightly above average to me.

I still.. need... translations!
Apr 3, 2009 12:00 AM

Feb 2008
I don't like the art for this one so far. Something about the way the eyes are drawn just doesn't appeal to me. It's too early to make any real judgement yet but as of now I'm not really impressed by the plot either. I was never much of a fan of the manga so this might not be my kind of thing lol.
Apr 3, 2009 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
Though I was waiting for PH-anime a lot, but.. Rather disappointed. A lot of funny moments are spoilt, average graphics quality... and I really dislike ED. Didn`t understand it at all.
And the biggest problem is that the next episode will be aired in a week =__= Well, they have time to think and improve smth *_*
But even if not, I`ll watch this anime anyway) And I`m really happy to see my sweet Oz&Gill in action ^_^
Apr 3, 2009 7:19 AM

Jul 2008
Animation sucks. Oz is not hot. Opening is love. Ending is love.

I was so waiting forward to this and I got this kind of stuff... Alice looked stupid :'< And she is my favorite character so that's why I was so excited.... Well, hopefully they do something about that animation style.

Apr 3, 2009 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
I'm a huge fan of Pandora Hearts..though, the anime is really a disappointment..
The animation + art is quite bad ;__;
Apr 3, 2009 12:12 PM

Jul 2008
Senike said:
I'm a huge fan of Pandora Hearts..though, the anime is really a disappointment..
The animation + art is quite bad ;__;

I'm a big fan of manga too (and Break and Alice ! ♥) and that's why I was really disappointed when I saw how they looked and how the whole art looked. Hopefully they make better art in a future :/

Apr 3, 2009 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
Oh no!~! Is it that bad? I love manga so I waited for something amazing!
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Apr 3, 2009 1:22 PM

May 2007
Meh. The animation and the character desings sucked, and I think I got my hopes too high, wasn't that spectacular. Seems like an anime that I'll continue when I have free time.
Apr 3, 2009 7:11 PM

Nov 2007
The animation was a letdown, not awful but could've been so much better. I'll reserve my judgement of the art till I watch the widescreen version that ought to be out in a weeks time or so. No complaints on the music, though I'm still waiting for the same level of awesome music used in the trailer, but since it's Yuki Kajiura afterall, she will deliver. I wonder how long it'll take before XEBEC diverges completely from the manga...
Apr 3, 2009 11:43 PM
Feb 2008
Well now maybe the animation was a little bad but the first impression of the story was quite good (at least for me) for someone that hasn't read the manga

Anyway I think this is going to be one of the best shows of the season so I will continue watching ^^
Apr 4, 2009 2:11 AM

Aug 2008
animation fail!! :(

but, I still have hope that anime
Apr 4, 2009 7:14 AM

Apr 2007
It wasn't the top notch quality of animation we've had recently with studios like Sunrise or Kyoto Animation, but it's not like Xebec has even been known for beautiful art style. So I wasn't really expecting much from that, so I'm not disappointed. It's still pretty close to the art from the manga, so I'm not complaining.

In any case, I think it's a great start! They haven't rushed in at all to show the "climax" that is the first scene of this episode, so the pacing is really good for now. Gil's still so cute~ It's really great to see the characters animated.

The OP & ED are good, although not great. I hope they'll grow on me~

Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 4, 2009 12:55 PM
Oct 2007
gdavge2003 said:
the animation...not top notch like To Aru Majutsu no Index

......Wait, what?
Normal well-adjusted human being
Apr 4, 2009 5:50 PM

May 2008
The animation isn't that bad, I liked the manga so I'm sticking to this like white on rice, atleast it's not as bad as Akikan!
Apr 4, 2009 8:33 PM
Jun 2007
Well, so far so good. They are following the manga which is a good thing. I personally could care less about the animation + art.. Besides, it looks average imo. So, there's no need for them to spend more time in animation if they don't have that much budget for 25 eps.. lol
Apr 5, 2009 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
lianayuki said:
Well now maybe the animation was a little bad but the first impression of the story was quite good (at least for me) for someone that hasn't read the manga

Anyway I think this is going to be one of the best shows of the season so I will continue watching ^^
Apr 5, 2009 8:18 PM

Jun 2008
True, in the manga art looks much better. But that aside (since art/animation isn't that important to me, as opposed to plot and characters)

I loved the 1st episode. It was mysterious, i loved the atmosphere. Beautiful music too (duh). Can't wait for more.
Apr 5, 2009 8:56 PM

Apr 2008
Animation isn't the greatest, but it isn't enough to turn me away from what seems to be a very interesting story. Part of the whole animation thing may be a style issue. Whatever studio is doing this seems to be going with a less crisp look. It kinda reminds me of sketches in a sketchbook. Hope I'm making some sort of sense. I'll develop more of an opinion as I watch it.
Apr 5, 2009 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
i don't see whats wrong with the animation. its not great but its above average. I also like the mystery and how it feels its taken a alice in wonderland dark tone to it. Im looking forward to the next part.
Apr 5, 2009 9:27 PM

May 2008
The art design and animation style and techniques are straight out of the 90's. Even the color palette looks dated. Did a computer even touch this? Haha! I felt like I was in a time warp.

In any case, I don't know the source material, but I enjoy series with a dark atmosphere, so I'll continue watching anyways.
chicanerousApr 5, 2009 9:48 PM
Apr 5, 2009 11:08 PM

Sep 2008
Animation is below par...
voices are meh...
story isn't much at this point, but could be something good (although I read the manga)

Maybe I had to much hope for this series bc I read the manga somewhat and soemwhat enjoyed it to an extent but its been so long since I've seen a release..
Apr 6, 2009 12:40 AM

Sep 2007
What the heck, some nightmare fuel there. Haven't read the manga, but Alice and anything inspired or based off Alice's Adventures in Wonderland definitely has appeal to me, so. Kinda creeping me out there, Kawasumi...
Apr 6, 2009 12:44 AM
Apr 2008
the first epi was a bit so so for me. the graphics isnt bad but it would be kewler if it was more O.O-ish.

the ending was bad for my eyes *meh innocent eyes!*
Apr 6, 2009 1:37 AM

Aug 2008
I liked it....can't wait to see what the plot has to bring.
Apr 6, 2009 2:51 AM

Mar 2008
WOW!!
That was slightly confusing (with unexplained bits - but hopefully it will be soon) and creepy at some points....but it looks like it has tons of potential, I'll defineately be continuing to watch this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2009 4:00 AM

Sep 2008
I think I'm in love with Ada. <3

Mrs. Kate was funny, poor Gilbert and his shoulders. Actually, I don't like Gilbert's voice very much. The animation is okay; I can live with it. However, Yuki Kajiura is enough to make me watch this. I like the manga, so I guess I'll like the anime too.

On another note, I really like Oz's outfit; reminds me of Suzaku, but better.
HawthorneKittyApr 6, 2009 4:15 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2009 4:09 AM

Sep 2008
This anime has such a great OP.I think that the art is going to improve.Story seems good.Gonna continue watching :)
Apr 6, 2009 4:29 AM

Mar 2008
The story is interesting and I really like the music!!
Apr 6, 2009 4:43 AM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed the episode. While, as others have said, the animation wasn't the best, it had a nice mysterious atmosphere and great bgm. Looking forward towards the next ep :)
Apr 6, 2009 5:23 AM

Aug 2008
Good job! First show this season that actually made me interested in watching the second ep (other than Hayate S2).

The animation is far from worth praising, but..
NikuiKira12 said:
atleast it's not as bad as Akikan!
Apr 6, 2009 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Like most of you already mentioned, the animation wasn't exactly the best. Still, I did enjoy this first episode, and the story seems like it's going to quite interesting.
Apr 6, 2009 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
Ookay~ the animation really wasn't top-notch but it's not that bad xD the OP and ED weren't that good (or at least they didn't appeal to me) but the story seems intersting and since I'm too lazy to begin reading the manga I'll just stick to the anime for now :3
We're all insane
Apr 6, 2009 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
Finally *___* it was really good, just like I'd expected it to be ^.^ it seems really interesting, looking forward for the next episode :D yayy~
Apr 6, 2009 8:53 AM

Apr 2008
mad-fox said:
Finally *___* it was really good, just like I'd expected it to be ^.^ it seems really interesting, looking forward for the next episode :D yayy~
I agree. This might just be the best anime this season. But it's nothing compared to Soul Eater! :P
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 6, 2009 10:13 AM

May 2008
I liked the episode. It seems the story is going to be very interesting.
Regarding the art, it is okay (not really wonderful, but not bad either). Oz wears nice outfits though. I like that kind of clothes.

I think I'll watch more.
Apr 6, 2009 10:14 AM

Feb 2009
I don't know, I quit liked the background animation, it fit the show. I really don't see why people say it's bad, maybe I tend to skim over stuff like that. ^^;;

Anyway, I've been waiting for this to come out and the music + interesting story seems like a good deal. I hope they put up the music box theme somewhere, I just love little creepy music boxy melodies.
Apr 6, 2009 10:38 AM

Aug 2007
The first thing that I noticed as well was the animation. It's... plain. Well, perhaps that's fine one in a while. KyoAni didn't that great with Munto as well... Anyhow, the OP and EN are nice and really fit. Well, it was fine for a prologue. Alice is one hell of a schizophrenic person. Looking forward to the time skip.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 6, 2009 10:51 AM
Jun 2008
didn't care about the animation quality..seemed fine to me, but I haven't read the manga or anything..the story has got me interested enough to wait for ep 2
Apr 6, 2009 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
Those dolls looked freaky and the look on Alice's face made me laugh lol...I am excited that this finally out, it is one of the anime that I have been waiting to watch.
Apr 6, 2009 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
Seems mediocre; will follow.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 6, 2009 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
Slowest start I've ever seen in shounen, Xebec's animation quality, disappointing music,story isn't very interesting but maybe will be better in next eps.
Apr 6, 2009 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
Nice start. So far I've liked it.
Apr 6, 2009 2:02 PM
Dec 2007
First impressions: art, chara-design, animation and direction are atrocious to a point I have rarely seen. Oh wait, even the dub is horrible? Huh, alright, two senses out for this anime, what's left to enjoy? Thank God Fiction Junction made the OP, it made me pass the first two minutes of the anime without dropping it. Oh ok, and Kajiura does the music, so I think it enhances greatly the hearing sense. Now, let's see the script. Well, it doesn't seem that bad but since I'm not too much into magic/ soft fantasy (a la Harry Potter) and the characters seem extremely unremarkable except for the crazy girl, I guess it's a drop for me, unless I have some free time to watch a second episode (and for Kajiura's music only).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Sep 3, 2009

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.