Forum Settings
Forums

New uploaded pictures not changing or switching back? (Profile picture, avatar, etc.)

New
Pages (37) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2009 6:16 PM

Mar 2009
cyruz said:
You didn't bother reading a couple of comments on the previous 7 pages, did you? Just searching for 'old' brings up a few posts of people with the same problem.

That's why i said that Xinil needs to update his first post with all these bugs so people won't have to re-post the same problems and we don't have to go through several pages of the same stuff.

---------

To clear cache in Firefox...

Here's How:

Open Mozilla Firefox 2.

From the Firefox menu options, choose Tools and then Clear Private Data....

In the Clear Private Data window that appears, uncheck all checkboxes except for the Cache checkbox.

Note: If you wish to clear additional forms of "private data", feel free to check the appropriate boxes. They will be cleared with the cache in the next step.

Click on the Clear Private Data Now button.

When the Clear Private Data window disappears, all of the files saved (cached) from your Internet browsing activities will have been removed.

---------

If you are still having problems you can contact me on my profile and I will try to help you. I am not an expert but I will help as much as I can. ^_^
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Apr 18, 2009 11:03 PM

Nov 2007
It's not the cache, at least not for me.

I have the same problem of my picture staying the same but it shows up correctly on a computer at a friend's house. I cleared my cache and ran CCleaner just to be sure, and nothing changed. I checked in IE7 (which I NEVER use) and it was my old avatar. Seems like it might be something sending certain pictures based on which IP the request is from.
Apr 19, 2009 6:58 AM

Mar 2009
i had the same problem of my avatar and picture toggling back and forth between the old one and the new one. I just kept reuploading the new one whenever I see the old one popping back again. after about 2 or 3 days, looks like it's finally settling down.

Apr 19, 2009 1:04 PM

Apr 2009
Well looks like there is no new problem. I just have to wait befor my new profile picture, forum picture and anime list wallpaper will be showend. until then my my test pic will do I guess
Apr 19, 2009 7:33 PM

Jan 2009
loplop said:
I changed my picture on my profile, and it keeps changing back to the original picture after a couple of hours. Looks like another symptom of the same issue . . .
I'm having the same problem too. :/

Oh well, I'm just glad it's not just me. Take your time in fixing it. ^_^
Apr 19, 2009 8:35 PM

Sep 2008
Like everyone I had problem with my profile picture. My picture is now alright but my comment picture is still my old one.
Apr 19, 2009 10:39 PM
Apr 2009
mine wont change, hope its sorted soon^^
Apr 20, 2009 12:31 AM

Mar 2009
Wheelman56 said:
It's not the cache, at least not for me.

I have the same problem of my picture staying the same but it shows up correctly on a computer at a friend's house. I cleared my cache and ran CCleaner just to be sure, and nothing changed. I checked in IE7 (which I NEVER use) and it was my old avatar. Seems like it might be something sending certain pictures based on which IP the request is from.

Yes, most of the problems are server side from what I can tell.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Apr 21, 2009 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
Same here ><. Can't change my List BG though, haven't tried profile/avi.
Apr 21, 2009 11:36 AM
Feb 2009
sophy4ever said:
I can't change my profile picture either. Nor the background wallpaper from my anime list. I tried with different browsers. Firefox, Google Chrome & IE7 (yes, I need to download 8) and now I'm using Opera.
ummm... are you seeing the pics that should be or what I see?
edit: also, cleared cookies.

I see a pink/white/beige girl, don't know if it was your new or old pic.
Yeah, I've also cleared everything, still doesn't work
Apr 22, 2009 2:28 PM

Nov 2007
I'm having the same issue. I went to change my MAL image today and it changed. So I closed the page and went on about my day. Well when I signed back on the page the image that should be there is not. The image that is there is the old one.

New image should be Umi from Magic Knights Rayearth, old one is Miyuki from Miyuki-chan in Wonderland.

I cleaned out my cache and switched my browers but it made no difference.
Apr 22, 2009 2:32 PM

Apr 2009
Same issue here:
1) Profile Picture won't change. After deleting the old one and uploading the new one, after refreshing the page the old one will be shown ( even with clean cache -> server side problem ).
2) Avatar won't change, nor i can delete the old one.
Hope it will be sorted out soon!

~Uguu! >.<
Apr 23, 2009 8:03 AM

Jan 2008
I've tried to change my wallpaper but nothing happens, frustrating :3

edit: I just noticed if i check someones anime list it has same style as mine :S
HiksuApr 23, 2009 9:25 AM
Apr 23, 2009 8:06 AM

Jun 2008
I tried to change mine too, but sometimes my new one comes up, but then it goes back to my old one...
Apr 23, 2009 9:46 AM

Apr 2009
This is sweet! When I browse MAL at home, my forum avatar is Neliel. When I browse from work, it is Hiyori! I emptied temp internet files and all that stuff, I just thought it was odd that its different depending on the PC I am using hehe
Apr 23, 2009 3:52 PM
Oct 2007
more importantly, will the fix ever happen? Because I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened yet, and it's been quite long now. can't we be given an option to host our avatars/profile pics on our own like with wallpapers lists backgrounds?
chocolatematterApr 23, 2009 4:14 PM
Apr 23, 2009 4:07 PM

Apr 2009
Hexorb said:
This is sweet! When I browse MAL at home, my forum avatar is Neliel. When I browse from work, it is Hiyori! I emptied temp internet files and all that stuff, I just thought it was odd that its different depending on the PC I am using hehe

Heh now its random on both PCs. I made this post from work and it had my hiyori avatar. Then I got home and it still had the Hiyori avatar. And now Im at home and its Neliel again ^_^ Its like a mystery, I should check at random times of day and take bets on which forum avatar I will have (-:
Apr 23, 2009 4:21 PM

Nov 2006
forlacik said:
more importantly, will the fix ever happen? Because I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened yet, and it's been quite long now. can't we be given an option to host our avatars/profile pics on our own like with wallpapers lists backgrounds?
if no fix has been given, it means there isn't one yet. but yes, i would absolutely love to be able to host our own avatars and profile pics.
Apr 23, 2009 8:17 PM

Jan 2009
sophy4ever said:
I can't change my profile picture either. Nor the background wallpaper from my anime list. I tried with different browsers. Firefox, Google Chrome & IE7 (yes, I need to download 8) and now I'm using Opera.
ummm... are you seeing the pics that should be or what I see?
edit: also, cleared cookies.

I am having the same proplem, my profile pic keeps appearing as pics I have used in the past even after I technically deleted the previous pic, same with my wallpaper picture...my friend see's my page the way it is intened but for me all the pics are constantly changing. It has been like this for over a week now. The only pic that appears the way I changed it to is my signature. How can my page be fixed?

Apr 24, 2009 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
The only problem not displaying for me is "My signature". Not only that I cannot see it in my profile edit menu, but it doesn't show on any other forum where I use the code. For example, here on MAL, just bellow should be displayed the signature with my favorite anime, and some other stats of my anime list. Unfortunately all I can see is a blank spot.
Apr 24, 2009 12:14 PM

Oct 2008
ailailou said:
The only problem not displaying for me is "My signature". Not only that I cannot see it in my profile edit menu, but it doesn't show on any other forum where I use the code. For example, here on MAL, just bellow should be displayed the signature with my favorite anime, and some other stats of my anime list. Unfortunately all I can see is a blank spot.
hmm? i see it.
Apr 24, 2009 12:59 PM

Aug 2008
Pf, I just can't believe this. Firefox has just disappointed me. T_T Actually if I think again, the problem occurres only in FF, and this since yesterday when I updated the version to the latest one. Must be a bug then.

I accessed MAL with Internet Explore and everything is displayed just fine. Sry. ^^
Apr 24, 2009 2:40 PM

Jan 2008
I got the same problem with every browser, but finally my wallpaper changed. Still got the same problem that everyone has the same colours than i have in my style
Apr 25, 2009 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Puuha-Poika said:
I got the same problem with every browser, but finally my wallpaper changed. Still got the same problem that everyone has the same colours than i have in my style
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences
Uncheck style override.
Apr 25, 2009 10:27 AM

Jan 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Puuha-Poika said:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences
Uncheck style override.
Oh nice, thanks :p
Apr 25, 2009 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
I still can't see my new profile picture as well. Tried to upload it a few times for the last couple of days, still no luck. Though apparantly someone did see the new one, since she commented on it. I still can't see it though :l
Apr 25, 2009 11:58 PM

Jan 2009
does this fit under this same issue?

you delete a profile pic.. it says deleted and disappears.. then you upload another profile pic and the old one just comes back

or is this a whole different problem?
Apr 26, 2009 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
@shinigamidono: Hah, this was exactly the problem why I searched for this thread.
Now I just upload the new pic and wait some days then ~~
Apr 26, 2009 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
shinigamidono said:
does this fit under this same issue?

you delete a profile pic.. it says deleted and disappears.. then you upload another profile pic and the old one just comes back

or is this a whole different problem?

Same problem here :/
Apr 26, 2009 11:09 AM

Feb 2009
im having a problem with my avatar... i had a box of ninjawafers as my avi but changed it to a kallen avi... i still see it as the ninjawafers in the forums but as kallen when i go to change it. apparently someone on the forums has seen the kallen one while others see the ninjawafers
All Threats, All Hazards, Always Ready
United States Coast Guard

Apr 26, 2009 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
ya.. some guy commented about my new profile pic that I can't even see and even he said that my profile pic looks different next to comments than it does in my profile.. i tried different browsers, different computers, iPhone, clearing cache..... and it's been about a day.. i guess all that's left is to wait... if you are having the same problem, don't waste your time trying to fix it, refreshing the page, clearing your cache...... the problem is not on your end.. MAL fixes it, or it doesn't get fixed.
Apr 27, 2009 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
Whats funny is that the picture would change after a day then change back.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Apr 27, 2009 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
Plun said:
Whats funny is that the picture would change after a day then change back.

lol i am going to get really pissed if this thing actually changes after a week (it's already been 3 days) and then changes back :D
Apr 28, 2009 3:24 AM

Nov 2006
my profile pic (and its thumbnail!) just changed almost instantaneously, so either i got lucky, or it's getting better. :)

of course when i log on tomorrow, my old pic will be back because i said this... :P
Apr 28, 2009 4:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
windy said:
my profile pic (and its thumbnail!) just changed almost instantaneously, so either i got lucky, or it's getting better. :)
A few days ago Xinil posted that it changing shouldn't take that long anymore. Not sure where to find the post. Might be that only changes done after whatever he has done to improve things are affected.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 28, 2009 8:40 AM

Aug 2007
i uploaded a picture with komori kiri to my profile and it changed to it within 3 days. after that it went back to my previous picture (the same that i have now)... so i uploaded kiri again but it didnt change for about two weeks at all. a week ago i uploaded a different picture but it didn't' change and i'm still stuck with my old one ;-;

my new forum avatar doesn't show up either. it shows up when i'm editing my profile, but it doesn't show up with new and old posts..
Apr 28, 2009 11:44 AM

Nov 2006
cyruz said:
windy said:
A few days ago Xinil posted that it changing shouldn't take that long anymore. Not sure where to find the post. Might be that only changes done after whatever he has done to improve things are affected.
well..my forum avatar and my profile pic just changed back, together no less... so i guess it's not completely fixed yet... :(
Apr 28, 2009 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
cyruz said:
windy said:

regardless of what xinil posted, it's already been 4 days and it's not changing :/
Apr 28, 2009 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
My profile pic just changed back to the old one again :(
Apr 28, 2009 2:34 PM

Jan 2009
i swear MAL has the weirdest website problems I have ever seen. The 65535 messages in the inbox, the pictures not updating/changing back, different profile pictures showing up for different people checking your profile, the threads showing only the first page after the crash (I know it was caused by the crash, but it was a weird way to manifest). just some weird stuff.. like someone's playing a joke on us :P
Apr 28, 2009 3:11 PM

Feb 2008
shinigamidono said:
i swear MAL has the weirdest website problems I have ever seen. The 65535 messages in the inbox, the pictures not updating/changing back, different profile pictures showing up for different people checking your profile, the threads showing only the first page after the crash (I know it was caused by the crash, but it was a weird way to manifest). just some weird stuff.. like someone's playing a joke on us :P
You have been punk'd!
Apr 28, 2009 3:14 PM

Nov 2006
shinigamidono said:
it's passed the point of 'annoying' and has moved into 'endearing' territory for me. lol...
Apr 28, 2009 3:34 PM
Jun 2008
desolato said:
My profile pic just changed back to the old one again :(

Same here. Amazing.
Apr 28, 2009 7:01 PM
Oct 2007
cyruz said:
windy said:
Avatar changes should be mostly fixed now and 'should' be quick to change.

Guess it still wasn't a 100% success.
Apr 28, 2009 10:53 PM

Jan 2009
My avatar changed then reverted back in less than 5 minutes lol
Apr 29, 2009 1:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, seems like it. I just hoped I'd see some light at the end of the tunnel, heh. Sorry.

I guess I won't be changing anything myself for now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 29, 2009 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
my profile pic finally changed. wonder how long before it changes back :D
Apr 29, 2009 3:04 PM

Jan 2009
...aaand it changed back
Apr 29, 2009 3:16 PM

Apr 2008
yeh, im having icon troubles

Apr 29, 2009 3:32 PM

Apr 2009
yeah my avatar took ages to change then only stayed for like a few mins =/
Pages (37) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Help with my mal supporter

shelbyditz - 11 hours ago

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
3 hours ago

» Profile veiws

Oshieteoshiete4 - 4 hours ago

2 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3402 by _Nette_ »»
8 hours ago

» Continually getting notifications on app from anime I do not have favorited

EverySportsAnime - 11 hours ago

1 by machy871 »»
10 hours ago

» How to mark/save interest stacks for later?

Tannenbusch - 11 hours ago

5 by Tannenbusch »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.