Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Feb 28, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode that was supposed to be inserted if not at the beginning, at least in the first 6 episodes to entice the viewer to understand the nature of the soul, oh well.
Narration is not bad, there's a bit of everything in this episode, comedy, ecchi, and a spirit of admiration for Satsuki.
This is the starting point to understand if the series turns out to be something serious or silly that seemed so far.
Mar 2, 2014 8:25 PM

Mar 2013
New opening and ending with an episode that explains a lot of necessary stuff. Can't wait to see what will happen next.
Mar 3, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2010
Was it rape?
Also, best recap.
Senketsu inb4 alien.
New OP fucking fabolous.
New ED meh.
And dem plot twists.
AkanezoraMar 3, 2014 11:54 AM
Mar 11, 2014 1:54 AM

Sep 2008
This recap had more plot than any other episode.

New OP is good. Not sure about ED. I think I preferred the old one.

Gotta get my hands on the OST once this show is over.
Mar 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
Now that is how you do a recap!
Nice new OP and ED.
Mar 15, 2014 4:15 AM

Oct 2013
new op very entertaining.

team kiryuuin seems to be well rested for the next battle whilst team nudists are fluffing around and matoi for some reason decided to strip
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 26, 2014 3:42 PM
Nov 2013
Love that recap, love the episode.

Mohawk man ain't got shit on Ryuuko though.

Seemed like there was a bit of a hint of Satsuki betraying her mother in there, but i might be wrong.
Mar 29, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2014
SATSUKI'S MOM WAS MOLESTING HER?!

omfg this adds a huge twist, i knew there was something weird about her! i feel horrible for satsuki now, she must have been through so much as a child then): and i could TOTALLY see that smirk she did! i think she's going to go against her mom.

also, the new ending sequence with mako<33333 so kawaii~ the opening was awesome too! and mako's alien transformations were just so... mako.

Mar 29, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2012
Recap done right xD

Pretty nice development, the backstory was quite interesting! Let's see what's next but quite nice new OP and especially nice ED!

Mother and daughter yuri scene... didn't expect that kind of service.
Mar 29, 2014 9:40 AM

Mar 2008
That german is raping my hear (Blumenkranz OST, fyi). I'm german and I can't understand shit. They should better stick to the english or japanese language..

This episode was way better than the previous one.
Also, I wish more anime would make Recaps this way and not spend (=waste) an entire episode on it.
Mar 30, 2014 3:06 AM

May 2013
I love the new songs, this show keeps getting better.
Mar 30, 2014 2:19 PM

May 2013
What a super fast recap. So the life fibers are aliens huh. Love that unlimited mako works in ending
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 12, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2014
Interesting. Oh and new intro. It's good and all, but I liked the older one better. But hey, what ever.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
May 6, 2014 8:04 PM
Mar 2009
Now THAT'S how you do a recap! Fuck taking a whole goddamned episode to retell events. If I wanted to do that, I'd just rewatch or skim through the episodes, my memory would fill in the rest.

Did Ragyou just rape her daughter...? Uhh...

So clothing is really the byproduct of aliens. LOL, did not see THAT coming. Though I guess I should have expected this much from the guys that came from Gainax.

I'm getting the feeling Satsuki opposes her mother's plans. Perhaps she's pushing Ryuuko so hard because she knows only Ryuuko can stop her mother?
May 7, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
Damn I need to know the OST they used when Ryuuko and Mikisugi entered the Nudist Beach HQ. Somebody HELP!!
May 22, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
BEST RECAP EPISODE EVER.
Jun 1, 2014 8:52 AM
May 2012
BEST. RECAP. EVER..........SO FAR.
New opening and ending song!! They're both nice like the first two.
Oh boy, that bathtub scene *drools* It should have been Matoi instead of her mom........but I am waiting. Matoi and Satsuki *^*
Thank you, for explaining shit.......awesome dude with glowing dick and nipples ahahaha.
I'll just eat my dinner :3
Jun 10, 2014 6:21 AM

Apr 2012
wish all recaps where like that
Jul 5, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
A lot of anime can learn from Kill la Kill regarding recaps ... it even made me laugh :)
Great back story on the life fibers, and explained well.
Jul 8, 2014 6:12 AM

Feb 2011
ahah sentsuki so funny in the begining
satsuuki's mother is so weird, i knew she would do tht, the ost is amazing
RYUUKO BAEE
Jul 9, 2014 9:12 PM

Jun 2012
I was worried that it would be an actual recap episode--glad to see that it wasn't :'D. New Ed song is cute.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Oct 19, 2014 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
The director should get a medal for that recap.
Oct 20, 2014 6:15 PM

Sep 2014
I DIED when Ryuko called Satsuki a "perpetually frowning, caterpillar eyebrowed bitch". LMAO!

And Alien Mako...ROFFFFFFFFL
Nov 10, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
Yay the 2nd opening that I love just as much as the first <3

o3o Omg we finally know the truth! And that just makes it more interesting *huehuehue*

Shiny butts. Mhm.

Makanshoku is so funnnnnyyy <3
Nov 21, 2014 10:37 AM

Mar 2014
Well, this episode started to go a little bit back to the silly side of this show, but it still seems to be taking itself a bit too seriously.

Still, I at least prefer this over episodes 9-15, which just dragged on and on.
The first 7 episodes are still the best with their silly episodic nonsense, and episode 8 isn't bad either.
After that, though... the whole middle of this series was just episode after episode of these long drawn-out battles, and it's really not what I came to the series for.

This episode makes it seem like it hasn't gone back to the episodic stuff, but at least it's going back to the silly stuff.

As for the new intro, it's good, but not as good as the old one.
I like the new ending better than the last, though.

Also, Mako is still hilarious and fantastic.
::End of Transmission::

Dec 18, 2014 5:46 PM

Nov 2009
LETS GO SKINNY DIPPING!

I fucking love Nudist Beach, The way Mikisugi pronounces it is amazing.
Jan 2, 2015 8:55 PM

Feb 2013
'Those of you whose hearts sank at the words "compliation episode," rest easy. '

Jesus Senketsu, you scared the hell out of me!
Jan 3, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
New OP and ED. Pretty cool, I liked how they put all character's outfits in the opening.
Senketsu's recap was awesome!
As about the episode, Mako rocks as usual, info about "Nudist Beach" and life fibers.
Jan 13, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2013
Ah yes, the amount of fan service! Very enjoyable. So so hot. Satsuki was too. But Matoi ❤

And i like the new op too! Ed was meh, but the op is badass. Still, op 1 would win in terms of badassness. New op has some really cool scenes tho!
Jan 17, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
Lol that 50 sec "recap episode" was epic :D best beginnig ever. I don´t really like the new OP and ED
Feb 11, 2015 12:25 PM

Nov 2014
Love the new OP and ED!

That super speed recap was amazing lmao

Great episode!
Feb 21, 2015 2:49 PM

Mar 2010
I liked some of the concepts.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 1, 2015 6:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What a troll recap, loved that :D
Also hilarious last 3 minutes.
Mar 15, 2015 7:41 AM
Feb 2015
New OP was nice..
And the plot only gets better and better with the coming episodes
That recap though xD
BEST RECAP EVER.
Mar 18, 2015 9:15 PM

Jul 2009
Cool recap. I decree more titles adopt this style. I mean, we just SAW what happened, so why not move forward, you waste a whole episode!
I usually get mildly perturbed when a show changes the theme, but I do like this new opening.
There are some nifty parallels in this origin story of mankind to Bio Booster Armour Guyver, only instead of being bred to be weapons. And also the Revocs plan reminds me of FOXHOUND's attempt to take over civilization with #nanomachines from Metal Gear Solid.
Apr 16, 2015 12:40 PM

Feb 2009
This series has been fast-paced and action-oriented with acceptable fanservice scenes (for what it is) so far, and that has been okay for me. The fact that they actually made an effort to explain the whole concept of godrobes and the true purpose of the symbiotic relationship between the main character and the suit surprised me in a good way, and I can very well accept that life fibers are in fact a space parasite species with the sole purpose of feeding. Why not? It's not original, we've seen it before, but it's how it's done that truly counts, and Kill la Kill has been delivering as far as entertainment is concerned.

Now, with my thoughts about this episode and the series so far, I must say that the best thing about this crazy anime is its UNBELIAVABLY GOOD soundtrack!! So much that I could rank it among the best soundtracks that I've ever seen/heard on an anime series so far. It's freakin godly.
VeethornApr 16, 2015 12:43 PM
Apr 19, 2015 6:57 PM

Jul 2013
Okay that was a fast recap (in Intro time lol).

This Satsuki bath scene soooo sexy. I love her more and more *.*

The OP is nice and I like it a little bit more than the ending. So Ryuuko has to fight the Kiryuuin. This story about how we humans evolve haha. Aikurou and Tsumugu almost naked. It was funny when Ryuuko decides to take off her clothes. NUDIST BEACH xD

May 12, 2015 8:59 AM

Oct 2011
I almost skipped this ep when Senketsu said it was a recap lol

Dat bath scene tho
May 14, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2015
The bath scene 10/10 episode :S
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 9:19 AM

Mar 2015
I was about to skip this ep when senketsu said "recap" but I'm glad I didn't.

So many references (James Camerons Aliens, MJ...)

That scene in pool/bath thingy... WTf
Aug 16, 2015 11:11 PM

Apr 2014
"Humans didn't choose the clothes they wear. Instead, clothing chose us to wear it!" So in other words... We didn't choose the clothing life. The clothing life chose us.

Wow all of that stuff regarding the Primordial Life Fiber and its origin and intent. I was anticipating this episode for some time now and the content of the revelations were completely expected considering how the studio that made this show was founded by people who had worked on Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagann. So of course, the twist in this episode is only the beginning and I'm excited for the other inevitable twists to come.

Satsuki wishes to dominate and lead humanity according to her will, however upon these revelations her mother is nothing more than a thrall of an alien menace. She'll certainly be rebelling against her mother at some point. My prediction is that she'll team up with Ryuko in order to stop the plans of her mother (who upon defeat will say something along the lines of how the alien conquest was inevitable so gaining its favor was the best assurance for survival). That will be followed by her and Ryuko dueling in a final confrontation. After Ryuko defeats her or they reach another stalemate, they'll confront the Primordial Life Fiber and defeat it not through brute power, but something "mindblowing" that affects everyone either directly or indirectly on an epic global scale expected of former Gainax employees. I could be completely wrong with all of this and and am most likely expecting much more than I should be. Of course, I'm not expecting anything nearly on the level of their previous notable works, but just something reminiscent of them.

Clothing vs Nudity. Nudity is human. Clothing is alien. The two forces are at odds with one another. Ryuko and Senketsu have a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship. Senketsu is one of the aliens, but yet he has a positive relationship with his human host. I think the synthesis between these two in terms of their relationship and reliance on one another will be at the center of how everything in the story will be resolved.

And yeah, that bath scene O_o

I also don't quite understand what Nui seeks to gain from all of this.

As for the new OP song, finally! I listened to this song six months ago in order to know the songs that I could expect at a GARNiDEliA concert that I attended and it's been in my mind since.
ZeroDragonAug 16, 2015 11:42 PM
Sep 8, 2015 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
Single most amazing pacing for a recap episode, I love it. xD
Oct 1, 2015 12:21 AM

Sep 2015
Notchrishansen said:
I still think the bath scene was unnecessary even if it was 'repairing her chakra'. I feel it was another way for Trigger to throw more sexual elements into the series as if we don't have enough.

I don't get people who criticize this show for being too fan-servicey. Does it have plenty of unnecessary fan service? Absolutely. And that's the whole point. This series is a satire of many of the common anime tropes, especially of the 80's and 90's, and it satirizes them taking those tropes to the extreme for the sake of parody. That's the whole joke.

It takes the trope of the school rivalry to the extreme by turning the school into a caste-based fascist dictatorship.

It takes the trope of the magical girl to the extreme by emphasizing the fact that one's power increases the more suggestive the clothing becomes and the more willing the person is to be an exhibitionist.

It takes the trope of of the main character's useless, comic-relief friend to the extreme with Mako.

The whole show is one big joke. People that think that the fan service is there just to be titillating are missing the whole point. People who want a bit of an anime history lesson and who want to see a title that is the obvious forefather for Kill la Kill should watch Project A-Ko. That show does many of the same things that this one does and for the same reasons.
Feb 4, 2016 3:00 PM

Nov 2015
First of all, nice opening and ending theme.

That purifying scene that Satsuki got from her mother was awesome. XD

Woow! I didnt thing they would go so far with the primordial life fiber being the origin of clothing. Great episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2016 4:20 AM
Dec 2011
okay this a very important episode i need to watch it one last time to piece the puzzle together :3
Apr 30, 2016 12:39 AM

Sep 2015
Best recap episode. Wish more were like that.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 28, 2016 12:57 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Recap of two minutes, a new intro and all the true. ¿and now what?

--
Recapitulación de dos minutos, una nueva intro y toda la verdad. ¿Y ahora qué?
May 29, 2016 7:49 AM

Dec 2010
Ranxomare said:
Recap of two minutes, a new intro and all the true. ¿and now what?

The next 5 episodes are the best from entie anime. Brace yourself.
Jun 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
That bath scene... so hot xD
Jul 9, 2016 2:45 PM
Jul 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NEW OP SONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I like it tbh. It highlights some of the bloody moments the main characters faces. Dat lyrics.
Mako was pretty damn silly again. Some of the scenes were HOT this episode. Satsuki-sama <3. I hope BD uncensors some of those scenes though.

OST is good as usual.

Pissed off Ryoko is freaking awesome. Take it off, take it all off. I thought the new ED song is alright. That ending though, another week of waiting. ;.;

Speaking of songs, does anyone know what the song is at the beginning of the episode when Nui announces that she's flying the ship? It's right after she says "You're the only one who truly understands me!"
At around 5:40.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

956 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.