Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fucking intense. Basically, never mess with the Elite 4.

Those jabs must of hurt like hell though. Really great action :3
Ryuko's entrance is again pretty awesome with her trusty bike. I want that bike honestly. It's been awhile since I've seen Satsuki transform so that was refreshing too. The battle is freaking awesome. I have respect for both characters.
Stark700Jan 23, 2014 9:34 AM
Jan 23, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2012
Well teh animation doesn't seem to be changing next episode but whatever I guess, I wonder how this was the big climax of the story though?
Jan 23, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2008
This week's episode was just ________ and it has been a while since a fight between Satsuki and Ryuuko but it ended in a another stalemate once again. -_-

Next week can't get her fast enough.
Jan 23, 2014 11:15 AM

Oct 2008
Super amazing battle but honestly, that wasn't the climax I expected it to be...

I hope to see
due to
Because she
That would be one hell of a plot twist.
YurikoRaineJan 23, 2014 11:22 AM
Jan 23, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2011
Huh...

Trigger better be serious about the second half being the core of the show, because all we have so far is a generally enjoyable Shounen with okay/good characters.

Needless to say, I was hoping for more, both in the show and for the episode.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 23, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
Well that episode was intense as usual... Ryuko vs Satsuki again :o

Also what's up with crunchyroll falling apart more lately. Delaying Seitokai Yakuindomo by more than 48 hours and the Kill la Kill schedule taking a complete 180 and now it's at 10pm on thurs. nights.
Jan 23, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
Huh...

Trigger better be serious about the second half being the core of the show, because all we have so far is a generally enjoyable Shounen with okay/good characters.

Haven't seen this episode yet, but statements like this make me worried.

(CURSE YOU CRUNCHYROLL)
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 23, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Ryuko Versus Satsuki Never Ceases to Amaze Me !

Well, War takes a break, where does the anime want to go next ?

Like the episode, Kill La Kill is unstoppable.

PS: Need a new OP !
VeryNicePersonJan 23, 2014 12:30 PM
Jan 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
migohunter said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Huh...

(CURSE YOU CRUNCHYROLL)
To be completely fair, I haven't seen the subtitled episode, due to delays on the part of crunchyroll. I'm hoping that there's more to this episode that what I could make out.

That, and I did admittedly have extremely high standards for what I was expecting from this episode, based on the info we had before.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 23, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was so damn exciting and intense. The OST this episode was awesome.
All that action was crazy. Loved seeing another fight between Ryuko and Satsuki.
Jan 23, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
migohunter said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Huh...

(CURSE YOU CRUNCHYROLL)
To be completely fair, I haven't seen the subtitled episode, due to delays on the part of crunchyroll. I'm hoping that there's more to this episode that what I could make out.

That, and I did admittedly have extremely high standards for what I was expecting from this episode, based on the info we had before.

I see... well I understand the expectations since this was supposed to be the climax of part 1. I'll have to watch it when it comes out and judge for myself.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 23, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
You know, if this episode wasn't being hyped for weeks as the apparent 'climax' of the story, I would have enjoyed it a lot more...damn you hype!!
Jan 23, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Reinou said:
You know, if this episode wasn't being hyped for weeks as the apparent 'climax' of the story, I would have enjoyed it a lot more...damn you hype!!

Yeah, I think hype is hurting the ratings for this episode. :[
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 23, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder if there's more to the ED than it appears at first glance.. that transition from Red to Blue makes me wonder about Satsuki's role in the future of the series.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jan 23, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
It´s not the hype episode we were looking for...But it´s a pretty cool one.

The Devas new uniforms are a clash of feelings for me: I love the new battle designs, specially the inmuta one...But the "street" ones are not that good, just changed their colors to gold (But inmuta with a golden tablet is awesome).

With the preview I think that we will finally know the secret behind kamuis and life fiber
Jan 23, 2014 2:39 PM
Feb 2013
Does anyone have a link? "Technically" it hasn't aired or what not
Jan 23, 2014 2:53 PM

Nov 2009
The highlight was Sanageyama's knowledge with the stick *winkwink*.
I haven't laughed this hard for a very long time.

The fight was intense! but as usual it's not the end battle. Mako didn't piss me off this time. For me, this episode was better than the last one and the previous one.
Jan 23, 2014 3:08 PM
Oct 2013
Th3L4stW0lf said:
With the preview I think that we will finally know the secret behind kamuis and life fiber

Do you know Japanese, or have a translation for the preview? It looks interesting.
Jan 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
Can't wait for the new opening

The episode is available in Daisuki
Jan 23, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Kokopelli said:
Th3L4stW0lf said:

Do you know Japanese, or have a translation for the preview? It looks interesting.

Subbed episode in spanish, that´s what I have
Jan 23, 2014 3:49 PM
Oct 2013
I translated the Daisuki Spanish translation into English via Google Translate (with slight corrections):

"After the fight with Satsuki, Ryuko knows the secret about her father. What secret is that? Ah, I have no time. Look for the announcement on the website of Kill la Kill."

The title is "Why a girl can't help it" or "The girl can't help it".
Jan 23, 2014 4:01 PM

May 2012
New goku uniforms FTW! Epic episode. Satsuki is still the shit. Everyone knows fear is stronger than money. Loving Nonon new outfit has to be my favorite. Ever time Ryuuko and Satsuki fight it's great. Thought someone was going to kill someone. I mean those blades was really close to their necks. The ending has me wondering if we will see more of Satsuki. The letters went from red to blue. New Op maybe? Anyway can't wait for next episode.
Jan 23, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
This episode definitely makes up for last week and yeah, in spite of the disappointing draw, Aikurou recognizes Ryuuko's value and promises her to tell everything about her father.
Jan 23, 2014 5:01 PM

Mar 2013
Kokopelli said:
Th3L4stW0lf said:

dammit not available in my country
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 23, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2012
Kokopelli said:
I translated the Daisuki Spanish translation into English via Google Translate (with slight corrections):

"After the fight with Satsuki, Ryuko knows the secret about her father. What secret is that? Ah, I have no time. Look for the announcement on the website of Kill la Kill."

The title is "Why a girl can't help it" or "The girl can't help it".

I'm Italian and I confirm your translation is okay (italian subs are already in, too). Next episode's title in italian was "A girl can't tolerate this".

Anyway very intense episode, I knew anything about announcements and hype, so I enjoyed it a lot. Great action and Nudist Beach's group finally going for the battle. I was just annoyed about the unbalanced battle: in the beginning it was normal Ryuko against transformed Satsuki, then it was transformed Ryuko against transformed Satsuki + Nonon. But afterall that should be okay... they're the bad guys. But the Ryuko-Senketsu interactions are pretty great, so it's a fair 4.5/5 for me. Also loved the air battle and hoped it lasted more.

Can't wait for the next one. I think it will have a new ending, rather than a new opening. Well, amazing that european subs come out before english subs, anyway...
Jan 23, 2014 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
Love the new Goku/Ultima Uniform designs. Nonon's and Sanageyama's especially.

Also props to trigger for preserving the episode's budget for the second half. :)
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Jan 23, 2014 6:20 PM
Jul 2013
Oh yes! Matoi kicked her ass to Satsuki. The appearance of "Nudist Beach" caused me laugh.

Fuck you: http://i44.tinypic.com/2zpsjg1.jpg
Jan 23, 2014 6:31 PM
Jul 2013
Oh yes! Matoi kicked her ass to Satsuki. The appearance of "Nudist Beach" caused me laugh.

Fuck you: http://i44.tinypic.com/2zpsjg1.jpg
Jan 23, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
A shit load of action. The fight against Satsuki on the tower was so fucking epic.
But as Satsuki said, a surprise attack wont work twice.

What the sensei said at the end was interresting. He know an hidden truth and will tell to Ryuuko. Maybe he will tell her about Satsuki mom?

Also, the sensei mecha was hilarious xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 23, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
I love Satsuki but FUCK YES! I loved how Ryuko punched her!

My hype wasn't filled tho, i didn't feel like a..."big climax" but welp still pretty good

I WANT THE NEW OP >:C
Jan 23, 2014 8:04 PM

Mar 2013
Really liked the new designs for the 3 star uniforms ^^ 2nd half of the episode had pretty good sakuga but 1st half was just weird :P
Jan 23, 2014 8:55 PM

Jan 2013
Had to watch in Spanish. I just want to see Sanageyama fight Ryuko for real someday.
Please understand.
Jan 23, 2014 9:17 PM
Nov 2013
It already came out? What the heck? Where did you guys find it?
Jan 23, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2013
The new 3 star uniforms look really good. The music and action was spot on. Ryuuko vs Satsuki was awesome. And well we'll see what the truth about senketsu and ryuuko's dad next episode. Can't fucking wait
Jan 23, 2014 9:33 PM
Nov 2013
Alright, it's finally on Crunchyroll! Time to enjoy myself :D
Jan 23, 2014 10:08 PM

Sep 2013
the teacher still fabulous
and the new armour looks pretty good also that flower scene lol
LittorioJan 23, 2014 10:18 PM
Jan 23, 2014 10:13 PM
Nov 2013
What an episode! I can't say much cause all that fanservice goodness and fight scenes there was in this! Kinda rushed, but, at the end they did a pretty good job!

I'm wondering what Aikuro is going to tell Ryuuko...
Jan 23, 2014 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, such an intense fight on a apocalyptic battlefield, quite the entertainment.

LOL the Crab battle part was funny when he penetrated it many times XD. Yay Ryuko got Senketsu back, with the power of friendship huh. Well Satsuki still want to fight Ryuko for obvious reasons.

Oh yeah such amazing battle ost's in here, great episode as usual.

Jan 23, 2014 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
Good fight, was cool to see satsuki and ryuko on the same level.
But I finally see the biggest flaw of the show in this episode: THERE IS NO PROGRESS.
What was the point of senketsu getting ripped only to come back an episode and a half later?
I still love this anime, but I really wish there's something to show for it after the episode is over.
When satsuki said "You're all flash and no substance." I thought of KLK as a whole lol
Jan 23, 2014 11:26 PM

May 2013
That battle between Satsuki and Ryuko was good. Good to see Senketsu back to full strength. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 23, 2014 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
The battle in this episode is so intense.

Ryuko vs Satuski action is so good.

The Elite Four's new Goku Uniform looked great on them.
Jan 23, 2014 11:27 PM
Oct 2011
The fighting scene is way too awful
More like a slideshow
Jan 23, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2012
Good episode, but still one cliffhanger they are leaving us with there.
Now I want to know the entire story. I can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 23, 2014 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
sentience said:

Oooh you're on to something. That's possible since
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 23, 2014 11:32 PM

Jun 2012
sentience said:

That'd be really obvious and stupid.
I swear TO GOD TRIGGER DON'T DO THIS.
Jan 23, 2014 11:41 PM
Apr 2013
Oh my god...

...after that bore-fest that was episode 14 this episode was just...

I just might break out into a serious fever with how much excitement what I just saw has caused me.

Just...what the fuck? Why is this such a pattern with the show? After episode 4 (throwaway) we had episode 5 (3rd best battle scenes of the show after this ep and episode 3 boss fight). After episode 6 (Sanageyama shouting that shit over and over to flashing pics and sfx) we had episode 7 (Mako fight).

With every average episode the show follows with a thrilling one.

And now next episode's preview shows Senketsu and Satsuki reacting with shock?!

And was that a glimpse of Satsuki's papa?

How am I going to make it till next Thursday? How?

TELL ME! HOOOOOOW?!

It's not enough that I gotta wait a few days now I have to wait the few days out with a fever too?!

A Kill la Kill induced fever? Kill la Fever?!

GAH!

Best Episode EVER.

PS. It seems Gamagoori x Mako shipping was right given the number of times he reacted to her presence on the battlefield and the way he said "Even if it's you".

I wonder if Kill la Kill will go the aging route like Gurren Laggan did.

Older Ryuuko and Satsuki? Aww yeah give me pantsu!
ollythirteenJan 23, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 23, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2013
That episode was geat and that fight between Satsuki and Ryuuko was just immense. This series keep getting better and better.
Jan 23, 2014 11:50 PM

Sep 2012
They hyped this episode up so much and that's it? It was intense and all but I was expecting a bigger plot twist. Cliffhanger at the end was tight and some of the action sequences were pretty good.
FaZe_FlumeJan 23, 2014 11:55 PM
Jan 23, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2010
Liked it for what it was, would have liked for a better conclusion to the fight though
Jan 23, 2014 11:57 PM

Apr 2013
I actually was expecting to be disappointed from what I've heard from other people, but my fears were quelled.

While this episode definitely lacks plot progression, it makes up for it with the action which it delivered in spades, and more awesome OST. Looks like next episode preview will finally begin to tie up the plot threads (heh) that developed from the first half of the show.
Powerful eyebrows.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.