Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2012
This will probably end up being the weakest episode of the second half. Not that it was bad, but Miuna and Sayu drama just doesn't compare to the rest. So I'm glad they settled it in this episode. That said, Kaname is back finally and Miuna gained ena somehow, interested to see how that'll develop.

Poor Sayama has just become the 'guy with the car' plot device.
Jan 23, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2014
This episode wasn't as good as the past episodes.
As other said, Miuna is great but also abit annoying just like Manaka was.
No Chisaki this episode T_T
Kaname back at the end, exactly as I thought this episode will play out xD
Melon
Jan 23, 2014 9:45 AM
Jan 2014
I thought it was an "ok" episode, just mostly relationship building between Hikari and Miuna. But I'm pretty interested in seeing the explanation of how Miuna got Ena though.

I expected Kaname to come back this episode so I'm really happy that he did.

I'm excited to see the next episode though, the drama should be gooooood.
Jan 23, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2013
I've stated this before and I'll call it now(even though I may be wrong) There has been a low birth rate with the land people as stated this episode right? I believe that the sea god has connected sea and land people together to stop the sea people from dying out. This is why Miuna could breathe underwater.

Kaname doing what he does best. Even though he's not my favorite character he sure has some bad ass moments. Walking down the street ass naked like it was a thing lol.

Miuna again is seen acting childish this episode. If you think about it though she only could've asked Sayu to come to smooth things out because she knows if Sayu asked her for help she'd do so easily.

No Chisaki this episode. Kind of sad. Now the living arrangements seem somewhat catastrophic. Again though, seeing as how both Kaname and Tsumugu are the types who usually think before they act I don't see a whole deal of confrontation to be placed in this development. At least not as of yet.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 23, 2014 9:49 AM
Jul 2013
Flawless, just like every other episode of this anime. I gotta say i'm pretty curious to see all the drama that will come out of Tsumugo and Chisaki living with Kaname, I reckon that some pretty heavy feels will come out of it :D.
Jan 23, 2014 9:51 AM

May 2013
D'aww, cute episode, looks like Miuna can be like her mother :o
Now Kaname is here, love to see the others' reaction to his arrival.
Jan 23, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2013
I love Miuna but Sayu was right in that girls quarrel.

Kaname is back with his flat ass as calm as always politely asking for clothes.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 23, 2014 9:55 AM
Jan 2010
Holy crap so many new developments. First off Kaname's back!!! Here comes the drama. They will definitely put him in Tsumugu's house for us. I wonder what will happen with him and Tako-san. How will Hikari react. Also the village is defrosting. :3
Secondly, MiunaxHikari. Except Hikari is friend zoning her so badly. However, Miuna can swim!!!!!!! Will that mean Tsumugu will be able to swim like we saw in the first OP???
Oh man developments!
Jan 23, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2010
I really am glad that Hikari isn't obsessing over getting Manaka back, that would've annoyed me. Now I can only hope Kaname won't get all depressed about Chisaki and Tsumugu.
Jan 23, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
Well this is an okay episode though not much happen in here, except the ending parts where Miuna can breath underwater (Ena probably) and Kaname waking up and resurvice in the lands. Though the drama between Miuna and Saya was okay, but I felt it was cliche in sort of way. Nevertheless still enjoy the show.

Now it's Manaka's turn to wake up at some point...

Jan 23, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2013
I don't really understand how Miuna could breathe underwater, but it'll probably be explained soon. And, lol at naked Kaname acting all normal like nothing's out of the ordinary.
Jan 23, 2014 10:21 AM
Nov 2013
HHAHAHA good episode...now really excited to see what is going happen next and the couple pairings...hahah that Kaname...I bet the old man was like wtf you doing out here NAKED!!! Looks down at Kaname..wink wink..I feel Kaname might end up with Sayu..now all we need now is Manaka ahah...
Jan 23, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
outkastfox said:
KANAME!!

kaname!!!!!
Jan 23, 2014 10:47 AM

Dec 2010
I saw weird flakes of something that looked like Ena just as Miuna could breathe underwater. Maybe it had to do with Kaname wakening near that spot - like some of his Ena flaked off, and let her breathe temporarily?

Lol @ butt-naked Kaname asking what day it is.

Slow episode ... can't wait for the next, now that Kaname's back
Jan 23, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
That Terminator at the end of episode ;D
Jan 23, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2010
Kinaro said:
Sayu was just complaining how Miuna gets everything and then she suddenly gets mermaid powers -.-

Fucking retarded.

supermox said:
Wait, does she just pull Ena out of her ass?

Blame Miuna for inviting Sayu to go along with them even though she's not even needed.

How Miuna got her ena was near the end of the episode. Do you expect an explaination in the same episode?
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Jan 23, 2014 11:11 AM
Jan 2014
Ok first off.,i find Miuna so annoying..also,hikari and that annoying miuna pairing really irritates me!no offence to their fans..
When is manaka goung back?!!! Im running out of patience here!! Hikari and manaka pairing is the only reason i anticipate with every episode..
If manaka is not gonna be back, im gonna hate this anime so much!!forever!! Hate me all u want but i know its not only me who feels like this..tsk!
Jan 23, 2014 11:19 AM

Jan 2014
HikarixManaka said:
Ok first off.,i find Miuna so annoying..also,hikari and that annoying miuna pairing really irritates me!no offence to their fans..
When is manaka goung back?!!! Im running out of patience here!! Hikari and manaka pairing is the only reason i anticipate with every episode..
If manaka is not gonna be back, im gonna hate this anime so much!!forever!! Hate me all u want but i know its not only me who feels like this..tsk!

Well, you just have to patient. Manaka will probably first be back at the end, or she will stay death. We just have to wait and see.
FiePhieJan 23, 2014 11:31 AM
Melon
Jan 23, 2014 11:19 AM
Aug 2013
good, im glad it isnt possible for miuna and hikari to be together. i hope it continues to stay that way. to much hikarixMiuna this episode. i miss chisaki :3 quite interesting ending thou. Miuna bieng able to go under water, lets wait and see for next episode. its gonna be a pain to wait, but ill survive!
Jan 23, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
Cambiare said:
good, im glad it isnt possible for miuna and hikari to be together. i hope it continues to stay that way. to much hikarixMiuna this episode. i miss chisaki :3 quite interesting ending thou. Miuna bieng able to go under water, lets wait and see for next episode. its gonna be a pain to wait, but ill survive!

Actually the boy who had a crush on Miuna said that it's possible since Hikari is ONLY her step uncle.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 23, 2014 11:25 AM
Jul 2013
Fight of friends, basically this treatment episode. It was a surprise to see that Miuna possibly has a person's genes sea.

His level of moe is too high: http://i39.tinypic.com/2cs84f5.jpg
Jan 23, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2011
*Miuna suddenly acquired Ena*
Me: I don't know what's happening anymore!!

then Kaname shows up *screams in delight*

EDIT: (after calming down)
Not really a Miuna fan so this is an OK episode. If I were in Sayu's shoes, I'll be pissed off too but I won't fight with Miuna

Kaname is chill as ever. It's hard to read this guy because he's always smiling but I believe that unlike Manaka, Tsumugu, Hikari he's more aggressive with what/who he wants (Chisaki)

ok so what if the supposed catastrophe is the great flood that's why they said the surface people won't be able to survive it? There's saltflake on the surface so why not? but why would the sea people hibernate because of that? I'm probably wrong :P
joori_StrawberryJan 23, 2014 12:01 PM
pew pew pew
Jan 23, 2014 11:36 AM

Dec 2013
Impatiently waiting for the next episode already.

This episode was nothing more than a filler which pretty much everyone knew what would happen from Episode 15's preview. Nothing new, nothing big.

Next episode will be all hell breaking loose. Did anyone catch who said what in the preview this episode? Sayu refuses to see Kaname, Kaname ends shacking with Tsumugu and Chisaki, Kaname in the preview "There's no way things have changed since then", and the name for the next episode "The Sick Two". Wow, I wonder which two they are talking about, and I wonder what Kaname hasn't considered changed: his feelings for Chisaki, or the fact that he thinks Chisaki has feelings for Tsumugu?

Shit, this episode really was quite useless apart from the thing with Miuna falling into the ocean and suddenly passing through a draft of Ena, starting to breath under water (new development for humans to live underwater from now on?), and Kaname's return at the very end. I don't give a rats ass about buying new school clothes and the two girls fight was just plain childish. Rest of the episode was too boring.

Can't wait for the feels to overwhelm me next episode! Oh hell yeah the drama we're all in store for! ::Licks lips and rubs hands impatiently in anticipation::

Bring it Episode 17!!!

P.s. The kid's name is Akira, and his "Omu" smile was damn cute!
L-RyoshiJan 23, 2014 11:46 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 23, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
I love how Kaname is asking questions to that waiter that works at a restaurant called "triangle". as if it was an omen of all the love triangle drama bound to happen with him, tsumugu, and chisaki.
Jan 23, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
Best part of this episode: Miuna being friend zoned so badly. LOVE IT........... Also return of Kaname means moar drama

Not sure how Miuna got her ena and not sure if it is permanent. Maybe it was the sea god/ Manaka that saved her or..... Kaname was shedding his like someone pointed out.

The drama is not complete til you come back Manaka!!!!!!!!!!!
zzzeallyJan 23, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 23, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
WataMika said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Miuna can breathe under the water now? She developed ena? Just like that? What does that mean? Sure, she was half sea-person, but we were told before that they couldn't go into the sea. What changed?

I hope tsumugu can get his own ena now...

That's what I was thinking. After all, he's part sea-person as well. If that's even the important thing. It's possible that ANYONE could develop ena.

I wonder how many of the other residents of Oshiooshi have ancestors from the sea... By the sounds of some of the things said earlier in the series, quite a few of them should do. Can they all develop ena from going underwater?

its not how many residents have ancestors from the sea.... ALL OF THEM DO. The people from the land were once people from the sea.

Instead of Miuna "developing" ena, she probably "awakened" it.

PS i found it unbelievably sad that no one was there to greet kaname when he woke up.......
Jan 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
MIUNA'S GOT THE POWAAHHHH~~~
I seriously don't know why her ena... "awakened", but looking at it from a biological view point, her mother was a sea-person, so did Miuna have the genes inside of her, but were dormant until now? Until she "needed" it?? But there was that similar scene pre-timeskip were her ena didn't awaken :/
Dunno, maybe its got to do with the sea people going into hibernation.
Miuna got her dose of Hikari, but i felt sorry for Sayu.
but....
KAAANNNAAAMMMMEEEEE IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCKKKKKKKKKKKK >_<
MY HYPE IS OVER 9000, I CAN SMELL SO MUCH MORE DRAMA TO COME XD
Jan 23, 2014 12:08 PM
Jan 2014
I do not understand one thing: Kaname has left the grip of the boat, cadento at sea because he did not want to suffer the sight of Chisaki embracing Tsumugu, and now he wants to go and live by them? for what to continue to suffer
Jan 23, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2012
kido22 said:
I do not understand one thing: Kaname has left the grip of the boat, cadento at sea because he did not want to suffer the sight of Chisaki embracing Tsumugu, and now he wants to go and live by them? for what to continue to suffer

Being Kaname is suffering :|

Jan 23, 2014 12:11 PM

Oct 2013
kido22 said:

No, not at all. He accidentally lost his grip and thought it didn't matter after seeing Chisaki and Tsumugu together. Now he's awakened and has nowhere to go. Therefore Tsumugu's letting him stay at his place. Sadly his suffering's going to continue, or so we think.

Jan 23, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2012
They played Hikari's jokes a bit too much this episode, so it wasn't that enjoyable, but the plot is still becoming more interesting.

I'm wondering if Tsumugu is also interested in having Ena as well.
Jan 23, 2014 12:14 PM
Jan 2014
7thVoid said:
kido22 said:

No, not at all. He accidentally lost his grip and thought it didn't matter after seeing Chisaki and Tsumugu together. Now he's awakened and has nowhere to go. Therefore Tsumugu's letting him stay at his place. Sadly his suffering's going to continue, or so we think.

jack did not put a lot of force.
Jan 23, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Shopping trip for the family gets cut short by the little kid (I never bothered learning his name) getting rubella (seriously? such an easily preventable disease...),

The MMR vaccine is given in 2 shots. 1yo and then just before school. You're not fully immune until the 2nd shot
Jan 23, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2013
Three things:

1. I know Miuna's mother is from the sea, but I don´t think that's the real reason
why she developed ena. I don´t know why, but because of the fact
that she has been thinking about Hikari the moment she developed it, gives me
the feeling that Manaka rescued her. Maybe she´s really a sea goddess now.

2. I knew the waiter would get one important moment in the anime :D

3. Kaname is back! Let the drama start again!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Jan 23, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
inb4 YandereKaname
Jan 23, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
WataMika said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Miuna can breathe under the water now? She developed ena? Just like that? What does that mean? Sure, she was half sea-person, but we were told before that they couldn't go into the sea. What changed?

I hope tsumugu can get his own ena now...
I hope he thinks he has acquired ena but drowns instead
Jan 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2010
KANNNAAMME.

I'm so excited. I didn't think he would be brought back this episode since there was no dramatic scene like Hikari had.
Now I have to wait a whole nother week... Thanks Obama!!

I really hope the Miuna and Hikari ship sinks hard. I can't stand them as a couple, but every thing that happens seem to push them together... Hopefully a plot twist comes soon?

And as far as Ena goes, I wonder if that really happened or if she was just passing out and dreamt it happened? And if it did happen what does the future of Shioshi hold, now that people from the sea can have children with non sea dwellers but still survive down under etc.. and what if people who aren't related to the sea at all can go there?? Ahhh so many questions..
Jan 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! YES KANAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I MISSED YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Jan 23, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
Miuna's pig shoes XD Lol that was hilarious. Hikari seems like he's his old self again.
(But for how much longer..)
Hikari's school introduction xD
Whoa wait, Miuna can swim and breathe underwater now? Interesting.
And.. Kaname's back!
Jan 23, 2014 12:42 PM
Jan 2014
Saddly, this ep kindda disapointed me....
Too much Miuna with Hikari and there was no Chisaki... (which is my fav charactwr by the way, along with tsumugu and then kaname)
I was Just a bit sad that i waited a whole week for this... Better next week be better!
the only thing i found worth to watch was kaname waking up! I cant wait for next chapter!! There will be kaname tsumugu chisaki drama YAY!!
Jan 23, 2014 12:45 PM
Jan 2014
Zeally said:
kido22 said:

Being Kaname is suffering :|

yep , maybe this incident will happen again http://postimg.org/image/rdhiex0ef/
Jan 23, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
HOLLLYLYLYLYLYLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I WANT ANOTHER EP!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Jan 23, 2014 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
I'm guessing it was Kaname who was shedding the ena and saved Miuna. I'm indifferent to the Miuna/Hikari pairing (as well as most of the pairings actually) but this episode was pretty great in establishing their current relationship as friends? As a pseudo brother-sister at least on Hikari's end?

I find it much easier to just go along with what the show presents rather than rooting for a particular pairing. This anime milks the unrequited love drama so hard, it's kind of frustrating.

Oh well, time for Kaname suffering. I'd laugh hard if he ends up living with Tsumugu and Chisaki, now that there's room since the grandpa is away.
Jan 23, 2014 12:48 PM

Sep 2009
I think Kaname won't give up so easily :3
He'll think of something and will surprise us all! Smug ass Tsumugu doesn't stand a chance XD

Jan 23, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
Time for suffering ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 23, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
I find the Kaname shedding his ena being the reason Miuna could breathe rather interesting. Only thing I see wrong here is that we see her and Hikari in the water(and it's quite the large area too) so how come we never see Kaname. It's hard to believe that his ena could reach such a distance. I'm guessing the sea god/Manaka stepped in and did something prior to this or during this scene.

Jan 23, 2014 12:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm yeah wasn't feeling this episode like some people said, it was still good though, just not great.
Probably because I don't care too much for Miuna atm, I liked her better when she was younger. I still like the main cast better (the original 4 + Tsumugu). But the fight between Miuna and Sayu was interesting because it reminds me of the fights I used to have with my friends back in middle school. The fights were stupid, but they were easily resolved, just like Hikari said about Chisaki and Manaka. He even realizes that Kaname was the one to help out in the end.

And wow Kaname at the end there, chill as ever.
Seems like he figured it out right away that time has passed by. Time for some drama next episode! I'm actually really anticipating seeing Kaname once again.
Jan 23, 2014 12:58 PM

Feb 2013
heiqi1hu said:
outkastfox said:
KANAME!!

kaname!!!!!

KANAME!!!
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jan 23, 2014 12:59 PM
Jun 2008
ep was a bit boring to be honest. felt like filler.

Also hikari was annoying again. Like if someone made a joke about a shoe making a sound like a fart ok... acceptable i guess... but to go on about it that much would be borderline retarded.

Hes still the worst character.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jan 23, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
catullus said:
ep was a bit boring to be honest. felt like filler.

Also hikari was annoying again. Like if someone made a joke about a shoe making a sound like a fart ok... acceptable i guess... but to go on about it that much would be borderline retarded.

Hes still the worst character.
god forbid 14 year olds fool around and say dumb things
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.