Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, so she finally admitted it, Yoko - to Joe and to herself. I've been waiting for this to happen ever since they first met back in one of the first episodes of the first series.

Her love for Rikishi wasn't hard to explain. Rikishi was the women's favorite, the heartbreaker. He had the looks and the manner, whereas Joe is more like "just a kid" to the women.

But Yoko isn't a traditional woman. She's as passionate and unyielding about what she does as Joe himself. I remember back in the first series when she had the choice to pardon Joe. Instead she sent him off to the prison island. Then she started organising half-illegal (no traditional rules) boxing matches at that island. She took over her father's boxing business and managed it with success. Hardfaced like the toughest Yakuza she left the stadium as soon as she knew how a match would end. She behaved in a way that is traditionally reserved for men.

Few men would match such a woman. She was looking for something extraordinary. And suddenly she understood what that extraordinary was - or rather, who it was. It just took ca 75 + 44 = 119 episodes!

So beautiful, like everything in this wonderful series.

I'm now saving episode 45 until I've got 46 and 47 so that I can watch the last three episodes in a row.
Mar 31, 2015 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
It had to happen, it was almost necessary to happen. I'm glad it did.

Their relationship has been very unusual, very different from the inside than from the surface. I'm glad she admitted it, but part of me wanted this to happen before.

This episode felt just like RPGs game just before the final battle, when suddenly every character makes an appearance, there's some final conversations, some nice moments chillin' before the storm.

But this is is it, starting next episode. It's the final act, and this fight promises to be something I won't forget anytime soon. I'm confident it will live up to my expectations.

Damn, it's been quite a journey... this series. One of the best things I've seen.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Aug 15, 2015 11:12 AM
Nov 2014
Holy fucking shit, this is it. The final three episodes left...oh my god...I cannot believe it. This series is coming to an end, I'm NOT ready to say goodbye yet.

So much happened in this episode, loved the fact that Joe's old inmates buddies returned back to the screen lmao. Especially the skeleton guy, funny dude XD.

It's the fight between Jose and Joe coming up next, I'm sure as hell gonna enjoy every single minute of it.

The epic journey is coming to an end, definitely one of the best stuff in the anime industry.

Not to mention Yohko finally confessed her feelings towards Joe....goddamn :( my feels.
Mar 11, 2016 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
Can't believe this journey is finally soon coming to an end though I've been really looking forward to this fight, hope it delivers!
Mar 30, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
I'm so happy we got to see Aoyama and Skeleton again. I've always wondered what happened to them.

But the end of the episode just made me sad :(
Oct 20, 2016 3:24 AM

Feb 2013
Wolf changed in the end, that was good.
Aoyama and the others are coming to see the fight.
Yoko told Joe her feelings.
May 9, 2017 6:41 PM
Feb 2017
The build up to this fight has been epic, so lets hope the fight delivers. Epic episode that was a emotional roller coaster from start to finish.
Jul 26, 2017 6:06 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, wow, wow this was a great build up for the match.

It was so satisfying to see most people Joe met on his journey, especially the guys from the prison and Wolf, even tho I was expecting him to come back with the money back then I totally forgot about it. Seeing all those people made me also realize how much of an impact Joe had on other peoples life.

Yokos confession was incredibly well executed, you could really feel the pain and the despair, but she wasn't the only one suffering. Noriko seemed also concerned about the match.

And of course, Joe was aware about his condition. This and and his words towards Noriko in the flashback are making me feel very uneasy.
FMmatronDec 9, 2017 2:45 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 9, 2017 9:45 AM

Jul 2015
Wolf returned the money! I knew he would do it.

Seeing Aoyama, Skeleton face and the others was such a great surprise, after their experience in the juvie prison they started working, maybe not a big job, but one to be proud of, and now they are all together again to see Joe's fight for the title.

Yoko finally revealed her feelings towards Joe, I had so many different opinions about her during the course of the story, nice character.

The fated match is coming, this 2nd Season had some parts I didn't enjoy, but the build up to this final match was simply amazing, now all I can wish is an unforgettable fight and a great conclusion, either happy or (pretty much 100% sure) tragic.
Sep 27, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2016
This episode was full of feelings specially talking about Yoko she finally admit it.
Feb 19, 2018 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
It's true that i didn't want Yoko to be Joe's love interest, but the development of their relationship was unique, unusual and non-cliche that i don't actually mind it now that it happened and Yoko confessed her love to Joe.

The build-up to the final match is fantastic, was nice seeing those juvie gang from way back in season 1, i totally forgot about them.
Mar 9, 2018 9:38 PM

Sep 2013

I've seen bigger mountains
Mar 9, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
Very similar vibe at the end to "The Real Folk Blues Part 2"
May 8, 2018 6:58 PM

Aug 2016
This episode showed so many things Im glad I could watch!

a pity there was not a kiss (dont give af*ck for useless pairings in most anime/manga, but this is a different level)
A pity the author didnt do more stuff with those ex-inmates
But at least it delivered. And Wolf returned the money!!!

Being a japanese kid in the 70s/80s might have been a good experience with tv shows like AnJ.
:v
May 24, 2018 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
From the signs, things aren't looking to great for Joe. But at least we got a bit more time to see a lot of former characters; really makes the world feel alive, and that Joe really left an impact on the people he's met.
Feb 26, 2019 6:46 AM
Feb 2019
I love Yoko-Joe relationship.
Especially, Yoko's selfless love toward Joe. So beautiful.
Oct 1, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 2016
Wolf returned the money, somehow. I think Joe had already completely forgotten about that situation, so that must've been quite the surprise in his view. Showing us the old inmates of Joe really gives it the necessary "finale" vibes, showing how they've moved on with their lives, grown both mentally and physically, it really does come off as "finale." Now Yoko, our dear Yoko - she finally did it-- Oh, also just like expected, Joe already knew about his punch-drunk condition. Back to the main event; Yoko finally confessed her love, the romantic feelings she had for him subconsciously have been realized, and now she let them out! Joe thanked her and smiled after leaving the room, ah, what a beautiful scene! I hope he neither dies nor gets fully crippled because of the fight, even though that doesn't seem like a very plausible outcome...

What an episode! So much happened. One of the best episodes this show can offer, that's for sure.
Jan 4, 2020 7:37 AM
Aug 2019
Yoko acknowledged her feelings for Joe and expressing them was a great scene.

The return of many character, the old juvie gang, Wolf, Gondo, everyone is here for the title match.

It's been a long and worthy ride and I can't see myself giving this series less than a 10. Very happy I picked this old series to watch.
Apr 26, 2020 12:54 PM
Nov 2018
It's great to see that Wolf actually has changed and returned the money... even if it took a bit longer than he said.

All these callbacks and talk about how Joe and others have changed over time reminds me how weird it is that those kids don't appear to have aged a day since the start of the series. lol
Sep 29, 2020 11:34 AM

Jan 2010
I honestly never really interpreted Yoko's feelings towards Joe as love. Joe has never been nice to her, and she's never seemed to think fondly of him, much less have a half-decent opinion of him as a person.
Oct 14, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2020
I'm so happy to that Wolf has changed, he has always been on of my favorites in the series. Good to see Aoyama and the others too.

This is too sad man, I wasn't expecting that at all. I always suspected that Yoko had feelings for him but I didn't expect her to confess like that. I can't believe this anime is gonna end soon, I'm not ready for this.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Oct 14, 2020 9:05 AM
Jan 2020
AkaiWaZ said:
I'm so happy to that Wolf has changed, he has always been on of my favorites in the series. Good to see Aoyama and the others too.

This is too sad man, I wasn't expecting that at all. I always suspected that Yoko had feelings for him but I didn't expect her to confess like that. I can't believe this anime is gonna end soon, I'm not ready for this.

I also find this episode very touching. Specially those Juvenile guys and Aoyama reunite talk about how they've change but Joe is still living his youth.
And yeah. I also never thought she would confessed to Joe. But Joe showed his maturity in this regard too.
Apr 3, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2015
This confession brings me to tears. T___T

Wonderful episode.
Apr 3, 2022 7:35 AM

May 2018
So Joe knew the whole time but is still going to fight. What a man he is.

And as for Yoko... yeah the relationship is not going to happen
Dec 28, 2022 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
I am absolutely not ready for this series to end. What a ride.

Joe knowing about his condition...the return of the characters...Yoko and her confession... unbelievable.

Mar 17, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2017
this show...how does it manage to hit all the right spots each time...
Apr 28, 2023 7:32 AM

Jan 2013
It felt good hearing Yoko finally admit her love for Joe, so much so that she even surprised herself.
Despite all that, despite knowing he's got punch drunk syndrome, Joe just can't deny his true self, he has to fight Jose knowing the potential outcome.

I'm not ready :/
Sep 10, 2023 8:20 PM
Feb 2021
Poor Yoko, but Joe really said I love me too. Without Rikishi, Yoko's become the closest thing this show has to an antagonist, which really does make their relationship super interesting because there's always been some level of tension between them.

Also, this episodes was fucking amazing.
Sep 12, 2023 10:44 PM
May 2017
I thought Yohko only saw him as his little brother but that was out of nowhere. It was such a nostalgic and emotional episode.
Oct 8, 2023 3:25 PM

Nov 2019
The only thing I can hope for is that Joe even survives this fight, but honestly, I'm starting to doubt he will. hes probably gonna end up just like Rikiishi.
It's great to see Yoko finally admit her feelings to joe, but he was never gonna care really. I dont think joe cares about women at all, only boxing. Poor yoko is gonna have to go through a Rikiishi 2.0
man, this sucks. i love this show
Feb 8, 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
Oh man, the build up to the fight is already great.
Mar 13, 8:40 PM
Sep 2019
eu... eu... eu sinto muito, yoko
Mar 13, 8:40 PM
Sep 2019
eu... eu... eu sinto muito, yohko

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Be4st - Jul 6, 2013

106 by ItzElite »»
Mar 30, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 46 Discussion

Akai_Shuichi - Mar 31, 2015

15 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 45 Discussion

20 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 43 Discussion

14 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 41 Discussion

Sad - Oct 24, 2014

23 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.