Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2014 2:07 PM
Nov 2013
Thoughts? And I was wondering (if anyone knows) why it's not on this site.
Jan 5, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2012
R3353 said:
welcome to MAL and forum by the way.

A manga(manhwa as well) or anime can't be put into MAL database if it is not "published". It must be the case that "gamer" is not published, despite its relative popularity on mangahere.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 5, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2009
Just started reading it today actually, I fucking love it! Just from the title and first pages its the greatness of what you'd expect.

Its not on the site simply because its a "Manwha" which is Koreon and not Japanese.
Though the jerks put some Manwha's in the list, if you put a little put all of them, or at least the best/most popular ones.
Jan 5, 2014 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
I knew about this manhwa since the first chapter, but is it really that good as people say?
Jan 5, 2014 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
waalex11 said:
Just started reading it today actually, I fucking love it! Just from the title and first pages its the greatness of what you'd expect.

Its not on the site simply because its a "Manwha" which is Koreon and not Japanese.
Though the jerks put some Manwha's in the list, if you put a little put all of them, or at least the best/most popular ones.
that's not the reason..

ex. http://myanimelist.net/manga/8586/The_Breaker
The Breaker. It's a manhwa and it's on MAL, rather well-rated too.

ex 2. http://myanimelist.net/manga/43913/Feng_Shen_Ji
this is a manhua, or comics published in china. It is on MAL too. again, well-rated.

please don't spread wrong information. It's contagious.

痛就是爱
Jan 6, 2014 4:06 PM

Dec 2009
bunny_lover said:
waalex11 said:

that's not the reason..

this is a manhua, or comics published in china. It is on MAL too. again, well-rated.

I think you forgot about my
waalex11 said:
It is that reason. Though they do make some exceptions for some reason.
Jan 6, 2014 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
Not only that I couldn't find one webtoon either.
Jan 6, 2014 5:41 PM

Sep 2012
keiwa11 said:
Not only that I couldn't find one webtoon either.

There are some webtoons on here but they they are all listed as manwha. This club has a list of a lot the licensed webtoons on MAL http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=29973 They are all korean manhwa but created online so they would be a manhwa webtoon I guess?
Jan 6, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
Best webtoon that I ever read.
Idea about the protagonist's real life being an RPG was quite new and interesting.

Kvshi said:
I knew about this manhwa since the first chapter, but is it really that good as people say?

Why not try first few chapters??The story is quite interesting.
MangaList | AnimeList
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." -Joshua Graham
Jan 7, 2014 1:04 AM

Apr 2012
waalex11 said:
bunny_lover said:
waalex11 said:

that's not the reason..

I think you forgot about my
waalex11 said:
It is that reason. Though they do make some exceptions for some reason.
If they are making exceptions for all of the licensed korean webtoons and most of other manhwa, plus a few chinese manhua, I can't really see that as "exceptions".

Besides, go to the top manga list on MAL yourself and there is even 2 rankings dedicated to manhua and manhwa respectively.

There are exactly 782 manhwa http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?type=manwha&limit=780 and 215 manhua http://myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?type=manhua&limit=200 on the database. 997 titles of manhua and manhwa certainly don't constitute for the majority of comics* on MAL (having more than 20000 titles), but in no fucking way would MAL allow 1000 exceptions to some rules.
bunny1ov3rJan 7, 2014 1:09 AM

痛就是爱
Jan 7, 2014 11:43 PM

Nov 2009
OH YEAH!! the gamer is really good. After SOA and that other trapped in a game anime( log horizon was it?), its refreshing to see someone mess with the premise in the opposite direction. But the gamer has almost no similarities with either. Anyway, I can see this series becoming a great brawler series, but the brainy kind of brawler with all the INT points Heheheheh.
Jul 16, 2014 4:25 PM
Feb 2013
well what ever the case this should be on this website it certainly is popular enough so its should be :)
Jul 16, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2010
Devastator004 said:
well what ever the case this should be on this website it certainly is popular enough so its should be :)
Database doesn't run on online popularity.
Jul 16, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
I was trying to put The gamer on my list but it seems there is no database for Manhwa.

Even though it's a Manhwa it would be great to add this on my animelist :)
Jul 17, 2014 12:49 AM

Jan 2011
It's not on here because it's an unpublished webtoon.
Jul 17, 2014 6:45 AM

Sep 2013
i asked this question to an admin so i will just put what he said to me

Message Sent from Iconoclast
It seems the "The Gamer" was published as a webtoon, which we don't accept. According to the database guidelines we are only allowed to accept things that were published professionally.
Jul 17, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2011
I came here to discuss The Gamer, but it seems that I have entered the wrong thread...

Anyway

I'm liking it so far, although I'm wishing for a grand plot to emerge at some point.
Jul 25, 2014 6:18 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah it can be a bit slow sometimes, but honestly I don't care.
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Oct 29, 2014 9:23 PM

May 2014
any plans to add it?
Oct 29, 2014 9:34 PM

Nov 2010
chriswen said:
any plans to add it?
You hard of hearing?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=669363&pages=1&show=0#msg35536939
Dec 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
I've read a bunch of web comics, which aren't in the DB though. Dunno why MAL doesn't add web comics as a special category or something.

Anyway, The Gamer is really great. I'd give it at least a 9. Though the pace is terrible. I wish it would be daily released :D
edwardoDec 10, 2014 1:42 PM
Holo said:
"There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end."
Satou said:
"It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself... Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers... "

Dec 10, 2014 6:39 PM

Nov 2014
I used to read it. I stopped because it was all training, no action, and the most interesting character was a minor one (the mom). I might get back to it, but I'll need some convincing from those who are up to date with it ;)
Dec 11, 2014 5:37 AM

Jul 2012
The gamer is not a published official Korean manga credited by a Korean publisher therefore MAL will not publish it as official manga/Manhwa for users. I've spoken with one of the officials and that's what they've said.
The Manga Society Rules MAL
Dec 11, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2014
I like The Gamer.
Good story, colored pages.
Dec 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Nov 2014
tanteiRE said:
I used to read it. I stopped because it was all training, no action, and the most interesting character was a minor one (the mom). I might get back to it, but I'll need some convincing from those who are up to date with it ;)

There is action now :) Though the pace is slooooow, but yeah, you have him now kill off a whole clan (I mean the MC) :)
Holo said:
"There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end."
Satou said:
"It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself... Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers... "

Mar 8, 2015 6:59 AM

Jul 2011
The Gamer is good but not the best. Like edwardo said, the pace is really slow but it eventually picks up and when I mean slow mean LITERALLY it's like literally playing a mmorpg.
Jul 27, 2015 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
The Gamer is great IMO I just started reading it and read the first 40 chapters in one go but sadly MAL doesn't have it in its system so I cant add it to my list yet but hopefully they will add it in the future though.
Toshihiro_ChrisDec 14, 2015 5:32 AM
Jul 27, 2015 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
Got bored asf & stopped reading like a year ago when all he was doing was grinding for like 20 chapters...
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 10, 2015 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
Everything about this series reeks of a bad fanfiction : MC op as fuck, nothing makes sense, contradictions everywhere...
Despite putting all his points in Intelligence, the MC is still extremely stupid. There's also an overabundance of skills that just get forgotten for the convenience of the plot...

But since its funny as hell, I still continued reading xD

Edit : well, the last 20 chapters or so, with all the company bullshit, were trying (and failing) to be serious, and thus were not funny at all. I'll probably drop this.
HapHazrDAug 10, 2015 11:19 AM
Aug 10, 2015 7:55 AM
Aug 2015
mal forum is more interesting than other
Aug 10, 2015 7:56 AM
Aug 2015
malwhare is kind of a manga>
Apr 29, 2017 6:29 AM
Apr 2017
R3353 said:
Went to this forum to find out why :/ Can't seem to also search for DICE: The cube that changes everything
Apr 29, 2017 6:50 AM

Aug 2016
It's still not on mal as of today :/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 29, 2017 6:56 AM

Nov 2015
For a manga/manhwa/manhua to be in the database, it must have a physical copy so it has to be licensed.

TBH I loved the concept and the fact that it actually focuses on him leveling up/ gaining new abilities, I think it's fun even if for most of you might be wasted time. It reminded me of a really similar manga I read some time ago, it had the same main plot.

One thing I hate about it: Might turn like SAO. Too many chicks on that guy. I just find this so annoying. And besides his master, they are all the typical moe girls I despise especially the pres, I hope she dies.

May 13, 2018 12:24 AM

Feb 2015
manhwa is not webtoon OP, it's interesting how people can get the two confused. maybe because manga sites list them as manhwa when that's not the case, and they are just fueling the ignorance of innocent people.
Apr 22, 2020 5:08 AM
Feb 2019
Since tower of god is also a webtoon shuldn't Mal start adding stuff like The gamer into its database? i don't think it would be much of a surprise if there is an announcement for an anime for The gamer by 2022.
Aug 12, 2020 2:51 PM
Mar 2020
Aaron_Fdo said:
Since tower of god is also a webtoon shuldn't Mal start adding stuff like The gamer into its database? i don't think it would be much of a surprise if there is an announcement for an anime for The gamer by 2022.

Hey! I wouldn't have my hopes high because I thought manhwas don't get animations. (At least that's what I have been told when I was waiting with a little hope for whether "Witch Hunter" could be animated)

More topics from this board

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - May 8

3 by Nekoburger »»
6 hours ago

» Any manga out that opposite to world end harem?

Darkrazor22 - May 10

1 by Nekoburger »»
6 hours ago

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - May 2

4 by Old_School_Akira »»
6 hours ago

» Why so much ntr in manhwa?

TheRacist11 - Today

0 by TheRacist11 »»
Today, 8:39 AM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

396 by Reisho-Teki »»
Yesterday, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.