Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2013 1:08 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And suddenly we have a plot twist. So Poseidon is being manipulated by this guy we saw in the end in frond of Kiki and they supposedly know him?
So who is he exactly? Another gold saint going traitor like the first arc? Personally i can't think of anyone else strong enough.
May 11, 2014 3:01 PM

Jun 2012
I would have personally liked for Poseidon to have been the mastermind.
Apr 30, 2015 11:34 AM

Feb 2009
Well, considering what's to come (that I have yet to watch) I think it may be Hades, since this arc precedes it.
Dec 5, 2017 6:59 PM
Apr 2017
I thought Aurora Execution turned the person into a big ice cube
Nov 9, 2018 8:22 PM

Jun 2016
I had thought the same, with meta-knowledge I thought perhaps Hades was in charge of Poseidon. That said, the man who was in the silhouette had the same silhouette as the one facing Ikki now which makes him appear as a Marine Shogun. So, the knowledge we have gives me conflicting predictions. I suppose Hades could be under the disguise as a Marine Shogun. Still, that seems odd to me. Why would such a powerful figure do that? I guess I'll wait and see!

I see this fight akin to some of the others we've seen. It wasn't a real struggle, nothing like Shiryu vs Krishna. It was a mix of something like the Seiya vs Baian fight if I recall what that one was(it's been a bit) but more emotional rather than purely showing how the saints have improved after their last two battles. In it, we already saw a heavily injured Hyoga tank hits from his dear friend Isaac begging him to wake up. Willing to die for him as a friend. Until he couldn't any longer and he swiftly took him down. We got to see Hyoga's masters watching and protecting him literally and symbolically as he used their ideals and training as his very own to prevent their deaths from being in vain. He was able to be merciless as in his powerful words,

"I wanted to retrieve my mom. It's a personal purpose. You saved me, that too is personal but to Hyoga. No matter how much I owe you I cannot, because of my personal issues, let Poseidon do as he pleases to all the people in the world, for their sake. I can't and won't think of myself now, I will defeat you as a bronze saint of Athena!"

His quote here is something that I think must have been going on in Thor's head back in Asgard as his battle was one of priortizing duty over your personal feelings. As the highest point in the series for both Hyoga's resolve and strength, it made this fight one of the best for me. It was emotional and awesome. I particularly loved when he approached Kiki, forced to see what will follow if he prioritizes personal over duty, after Kiki himself protected the cloth with his very own body risking death. I think Kiki doing that was a reminder to Hyoga to hold his duty as a Saint high as well as a look at what he's doing by letting Isaac and Poseidon win. And he tells Kiki, after intentionally taking two Aurora Borealis attacks and coming to the fight already injured, that he's made up his mind and he'll defeat him quickly. The way the music cut in and the determination in Hyoga was the moment I knew Hyoga would come out on top easily.

I really like how the battle with the Gold Saints has impacted our saints. They are stronger physically and in spirit fighting for those who died as well as those who sacrificed their own blood. So much respect is held for them. The antagonists in Saint Seiya are so freaking good... Likewise, although I think my analysis of Isaac was correct last episode, he seemed to die happy knowing that Hyoga has become a saint one should admire. A saint that has surpassed even his masters at this point. Cool! I mean, he seriously just let Isaac get away with things out of gratitude until he decided he had to take him seriously as a saint, it was reminiscent of my favorite fight in Dragon Ball

This arc may be rushed but it's really not felt like it after the start which shoved us into this whole mess. Episodes involving finding and fighting for the pillars have been great. It's also been a lot of showing off how far our saints have come and developing them even further.

I hope we get to see Old Masters reasoning in detail. Leo seems to represent how the average viewer feels about the scenario, hot-headed and wanting the gold saints to rush in to help.
Dec 9, 2019 8:39 AM

Feb 2015
And so the fight between Hyoga and Isaac ends, it was not the best fight but it was still quite good.

I like how we got to see the gold saints again, I wonder what Roshi has planned for them.
Mar 23, 2020 3:10 AM
Oct 2016
My bet is that the man who is behind all this is Hades, it has to be. Great episode, I'm really enjoying this arc even though it's a bit rushed.
Jun 19, 2021 7:18 PM

Apr 2013
Ok, so this episode actually gives reason why the Gold Saints are staying out of this arc... Kinda.

Still confused as to why the order came down though since if even one Gold Saint went to help this would be much, much easier.

Onto the other things in this episode, with killing Isaac, Hyoga has killed three of the people he had been closest to during his training.
Moral of the story?
Do not be someone Hyoga is attached to emotionally, he will find a way to absolutely fucking murder you even if he has to bend fate to his whims. XD

Wonder who this mysterious Mariner is that Hyoga seems to know though? Surely not another past friend that he thought was dead?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
Today, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.