Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2013 5:38 PM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally! The new OP and EDs have appeared!

Old OP >>>>> New OP
I must say I'm disappointed with it. It sounds horrendous. Maybe I'm jumping the gun and I just need to get used to it.

Anyway, I'm not to fond of the Mitsuki x Eichi moments in the OP either. Moar Takuto!

Yet another boring Madoka episode where she tries to sabotage Mitsuki. And again with the paparazzi? Didn't they already use this stunt like 20 episodes ago?

I have to say, I LOVE Mitsuki's version of Eternal Snow. It sounds even better than I thought it'd be. The only reason this episode is worth watching.
Jan 17, 2015 3:03 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
emeraldrosary said:
Old OP >>>>> New OP
I must say I'm disappointed with it.

Agreed.

emeraldrosary said:
Anyway, I'm not to fond of the Mitsuki x Eichi moments in the OP either. Moar Takuto!
Well, supposedly the entire reason she is singing is for Eichi...

emeraldrosary said:
Yet another boring Madoka episode where she tries to sabotage Mitsuki. And again with the paparazzi? Didn't they already use this stunt like 20 episodes ago?

I thought it was a good episode. I don't think Mitsuki by herself is that interesting a character, while Madoka, with her fragile personality, brings a lot of discordance to the story. The contrast between the two is important, I think.
Mar 16, 2015 12:03 AM
Mar 2013
You make a good point about Eichi in the opening. But let's remember that her instinct and love for singing also plays a factor. And this reason becomes more and more apparent in later episodes as we will all find out.

And looking back, I don't mind the moments that much but I wish more backstory on Eichi would have been revealed. We rarely get to see anything of him while we are always watching Takuto so his prevalence in the opening was something I felt should have been important.

Well personally I find Mitsuki quite interesting. Not just by herself but also with her interactions with Takuto and Meroko. And to be honest I've seen so many anime like Full Moon where characters like Madoka are brought in. The discordance you mention is unfortunately predictable. I do like how Madoka grows as a character though and she is quite admirable by the end of the series :)
Nov 7, 2015 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
I don't mind the new OP, although not quite as fun as the first one. Eternal Snow, on the other hand, seems like a lovely song based on the bits and pieces they've revealed. Madoka obsessive jealousy does get cringe worthy but I can't bring myself to dislike her. I can somewhat relate to her in the sense that something feels like it's missing even when I seemingly try my best. But in this case, I just love how Mitsuki's pure, sincere feelings are outshining anything thrown her way. Also liked how Wakaouji calmly handled the situation.
Mar 31, 2018 4:17 AM

Nov 2016
Must also say that I liked the old opening more, it was way catchier.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 13, 2019 6:00 PM
Apr 2018
Nooo! The old op was so lively... It made my excitement hit the roof. This one is okay but still...

I quite liked this episode. At first I thought it was going to be about Mitsuki suffering Madoka's tricks but the way Dr Wakaouji handled the situation was amazing. Even better, Madoka brought her own demise; she should've stuck with the commercials.
Jul 30, 2021 4:18 PM

Jan 2021
I’m so disappointed with the New OP. But I also don’t mind it. T_T
Oct 15, 2022 5:54 PM

Jan 2010
Feels like at this rate, Madoka is going to end up fired or in jail with how serious her antics have been getting. Madoka is so consumed with envy and spite that she's lost track of why she's even singing. At this point, her only goal is to ruin Full Moon. Madoka has little intention to sing or perform, she just wants to win, but without a definition of what "winning" means. Takasu point hit Madoka in her core: if Full Moon is Madoka's only motivation, then what happens after Madoka's theoretical victory, however that's defined? She doesn't seem to have any future plans or far reaching dreams, and Madoka's not even trying to take advantage of Takasu's experience and skills. She only claimed Takasu as her producer because Full Moon intended to ask him, and as a result, Madoka never intended to rely on Takasu for anything. Madoka's copying, stealing, and sabotaging anything and everything Full Moon's trying to do, and because of that, Madoka is slowly losing herself. Her identity, goals, and reason for singing are defined by Full Moon at this point, and Takasu seemingly realized that. He's not upset over Madoka's underhanded schemes, he's disappointed that Madoka had already given up on beating Full Moon as a singer, thereby wasting his and everyone else's time.

It's hard to tell if Madoka's depressed because she's overwhelmed with guilt, or if she's frustrated because she's both incapable of taking down Full Moon and she keeps getting caught sabotaging her. Then again, despite Full Moon and Dr. Wakaouji ending up on tabloids and gossip channels, Madoka didn't seem any happier. I guess at this point, Madoka's too deep into her short-sighted vindictiveness to back out. It's all in her mind, but her pride and envy won't let her relent. At this point, she's just a pitiful character.
ShockedOct 15, 2022 6:20 PM
Jul 29, 2023 1:18 AM

Jan 2020
Ngl the new opening is a major downgrade from the first opening; would’ve just preferred them to keep the first opening for the whole run or used smth by Myco instead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

the_pillows - Oct 30, 2007

150 by TRC_Randy »»
Jan 18, 3:49 AM

» Should I read the manga?

El_Jiro - Oct 31, 2023

3 by MewVenus »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 34 Discussion

shanimebib - Jan 1, 2013

9 by Atsunome »»
Oct 4, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Atsunome »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 50 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 22, 2009

14 by Bahamut_Dragoon »»
Jul 11, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.