Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 1, 2015 10:50 AM

Jun 2014
So it's ep 8, the ova, then this it seems. I really like the elders they are pretty ba. For some reason I also really like enjin, maybe even more than some of the mcs.
May 10, 2015 7:00 PM

Feb 2013
Good thing they skipped the Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi OVA parts. I already saw them and it would suck if they showed them again. I got worried for a second.

Those elders are tougher than they look.

"Frankensteiner!"
Nov 28, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2015
Yae-san in her teddy mascot and the way Zakura is acting throughout this ep is just so cute, and also Kotoha is just freaking crazy in this ep: can determine the type of people living in this town, eating radish raw, and most of all she doesn't even wear a pantsu the whole time XD. The elders fighting Enjin are just badass, and even Juri and her frankenstein move is just..........
May 10, 2016 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
Zakuroji and Rin-chan ~ !! Ahh ~ .. chorus of the opening song ~ .
Another encounters of EPIC-NESS . Definitely not mundane alike ~ !!
VERY GREAT EPISODE !!! Great ending combined with a great ED. Exemplary .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2016 7:35 AM
Aug 2015
Who even made that bigass hole xD Akina??
Weeell, nice Ep
Sep 27, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2012
-I never realized how much the 2013 series looked better than the OVA until the beginning of this episode
-Seeing that OVA montage in the OP makes me conclude that you don't actually need to watch the OVA in order to understand things
-Wait, but didn't Zakuro get tuned at the end of the OVA
-Some pretty subtle apple symbolism going on with Zakuro handing it off to Kotoha just as Kotoha becomes her center of attention
-Morino's comment about there being no youkai graves at the tuning memorial was actually pretty heartwarming, considering the events of the previous arc
-Iyo and Shidare packing some heat, and Shidare's line delivery about esoterism was pretty on point

I actually liked the use of the memorial site to accomplish two different things, one of them being the glorification of half-youkais and the other one being the glorification of pure humans. This is kind of interesting since the previous arc of the 2013 series dealt with the glorification of youkai. I liked the idea as well as the execution of both of the scenes that took place in the memorial site, and I'm a little indifferent about the anachronic order that they chose to tell the two parts of the story with. On one hand, showing the two scenes out of order made it all click when the well was destroyed and when Akina and Morino laid the flowers down, but the act of showing the scenes out of order wasn't really necessary. I suppose they told the human side of the story last because they wanted to have Enjin's plan teased closer to the end credits.

Also, everything looks so much cleaner in this version of the show compared to the OVA. They also showed pretty much everything relevant to the story in the montage at the beginning, albeit without the dialogue, but I still think the 2013 series is entirely self-sufficient.
ThreePercentSep 27, 2016 5:14 PM
Nov 21, 2016 2:47 AM

Mar 2015
Im glad that Tatsunoko didnt re-animate the Hoshi no Umi. What an Nostalgia!!! OP is Kid, I like Quartet!! I singed along when the OP played, YES.............YES!.............YES!!

Apple on Zakuro! Another cuteness!! Things on head is trending in this show?

I noticed this series is getting better and better when the story is advanced.

SHEET HOLY/10!!! That Graveyard fight reminds me of Hunter x Hunter, Holy Sheetness!! Humans can fight too!! Franken Steiner!!! What an sexy move!! Human Strikes!!!

5/5
Oct 25, 2019 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
Woaw. It suck to watch this anime for the first time until this episode since if you've never knew about the "ova" you're all talking about because you're just TOTALLY CLUELESS ABOUT THIS NEW CHARACTER WHO ALREADY KNOW EVERYONE

Also I skip openings most of the time (except if the song is really nice) to avoid stupid spoilers they put so many times in it. I saw this new character one time while skipping and thought it was spoiling the whole next arc, but nope. Thanks to you I know it's was "just" a resume now.

Great. What a stupid way to do things.

Someone should edit the background to say to watch ova before this episode, it would really help new watchers.
TitadouOct 25, 2019 12:26 PM
Dec 27, 2020 9:10 AM

May 2020
This red hair girl seems pure but from the OP I thought it's on OVA.
Mar 1, 2023 1:22 PM

Jan 2009
damn Zakuro is sexy hot

and the Elders are so strong wtf they got this power called esotericism and its science they say so im gonna call it science from now on
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 29, 2013

75 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

65 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 1, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.