Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 1, 2013 8:12 AM

Jan 2011
Better nerf that shounen output, it's ridiculously overpowered. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Funny stuff, but that transformation scene was really scary man...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 1, 2013 10:54 AM

Oct 2012
Canti reference! This episode was sorta good but l really don't like whole premise to fight all of them, one episode each as I already said last time - it feels so unimaginative.
Dec 1, 2013 10:07 PM

May 2012
Dat transformation.. loved it.

More action incoming, can't wait.
Dec 1, 2013 11:36 PM

Aug 2012
You know you have reached the climax of the battle when you hear Hiroyuki Sawano's epic piece "Before My Body is Dry" playing in the background. Don't lose your wayyyyyyy~

Kill la Kill = Anime of the Season

also, dat ass and dem boobies.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 2, 2013 6:25 AM

Jan 2009
Bwahahah I loved this ep. That "ultimate whip of love" was way too much for me - I laughed so loud out :D

Senketsu Senjin was awesome too and the Gamagoori's transformation too.
Dec 2, 2013 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
VioLink said:
Antearion said:
Dat ass!

http://i.imgur.com/1dS4YBC.gif

Vio, do not contradict ever! XD

Anime epic? But please! XD
Anime innovative? Of course! XDXD

Narration super discounted with blows that last until the end, it's a shonen not a dumb one can deny it now.
The question remains, serves the plot? Maybe it is good that there is not, but the house of cards would fall without seeing this production as something essential!
Yes, it is usable do not deny it, but so far shows no originality and no point of praise, from having to tear your hair out.
Funny, but you look at it just to pass the time.
Cute designs and animations good, this does not even deny it, but cute little bottoms!
More than 4/5 vote as I do not feel like giving, while "digging" the best episode!
Dec 2, 2013 3:05 PM

Oct 2010
Shanablaze said:
I'm starting to get a little suspicious that the Homeroom Teacher has something to do with the murder of her father or did it.

that would be crazy
Dec 3, 2013 12:32 AM

Apr 2013
One down, three more to go. The new transformation of Senketsu looks cool.
Dec 3, 2013 4:34 AM
Aug 2013
Senketsu Senjin was the highlight of this episode! I kinda hope the next three episode are slightly different, otherwise it could start getting repetitive but then again the fights are always awesome sooo
watching anime was only meant to be hobby... I says whilst I neglect my studies and post on forums
Dec 3, 2013 5:39 AM
Mar 2012
"Gamagoori, that was foolish"

And then epicness ensued.

SENKETSU SENJIN!!!!!

My brain is tingling right now.
Dec 3, 2013 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
Damn, Gamagoori's Ultima Uniform looks amazing. Almost like a Gundam. If only it didn't have that SM vibe... Some fine service by Ryuuko as well.
Dec 3, 2013 1:42 PM
May 2012
Nice episode. though i don't like the way these fights are done. one fight each episode that Ryuuko probably wins is just boring. i hope the next battles will be better.

i also hope Ryuuko and Satsuki will really fight sometime. Satsuki is awesome, easily my favorite character from this show now.
Dec 3, 2013 1:48 PM

May 2012
I have just one word for Gamagoori...RESPECT!!! That scene where he didn't want to kneel before Satsuki-sama!

I just cant get that feeling that Satsuki and her generals are bad guys here...They are just full of pride and respect towards others, even to enemies...!

I mean, that academy is maybe a little harsh, but i dont see that people are sad... Everyone is happy no matter in what class they live, and the better student you are, the better you will live... Like in real world!

Ryuuko seems to be more of a bad guy since she is the one beating people all over the place just to find her dads killer...xD Like Gamagoory said, thats a punny reason to fight...
Dec 3, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Echelonex said:
I have just one word for Gamagoori...RESPECT!!! That scene where he didn't want to kneel before Satsuki-sama!

I just cant get that feeling that Satsuki and her generals are bad guys here...They are just full of pride and respect towards others, even to enemies...!

I mean, that academy is maybe a little harsh, but i dont see that people are sad... Everyone is happy no matter in what class they live, and the better student you are, the better you will live... Like in real world!

Ryuuko seems to be more of a bad guy since she is the one beating people all over the place just to find her dads killer...xD Like Gamagoory said, thats a punny reason to fight...

I agree. Satsuki and her generals don't seem like the bad guys at all. In fact, I find it a bit strange that I agree more with what Satsuki is saying most of the time. I like Satsuki a lot more than Ryuko and I hope that she remains a focal point in the show.

I was strangely mixed about this episode. On one hand I enjoyed it but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I really had high expectations for Gamagoori and I feel like he wasn't quite as badass as I wanted him to be, he was cool but he still lost. I feel like this episode had the opposite effect as the Sanageyama one. I thought his fight would be boring but it was anything but and he proved to be an incredibly badass foe and cemented himself as my favorite elite despite the fact I thought he would be my least favorite.

Regardless it was still enjoyable, just a bit predictable.
Dec 3, 2013 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
Aerostar said:
Nice episode. though i don't like the way these fights are done. one fight each episode that Ryuuko probably wins is just boring. i hope the next battles will be better.

I hope so too. This formula is too predictable.
Dec 4, 2013 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
this anime would've been 10x better if the MC is a guy.... I mean, I'm a fan of ecchi but the female MC being the object of fanservice?? no! just NO. epic episode tho.
Dec 4, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2013
YAY. New transformation!!!
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 4, 2013 9:44 AM
Jul 2012
To be quite honest, I like this episode. Not my favorite but it gave me the drive to know what happens next. Yeah, eventually Ryouko wins but she win the fight because she and Senketsu found a way how. All the four devas are not perfect. Each of them had a weakness. Even Sanageyama with his Mind Sight. Eventually there fall will happen.

Probably next fight she will lose but probably forced to rest in a way since her blood is still a issue here.

PrimeX said:
this anime would've been 10x better if the MC is a guy.... I mean, I'm a fan of ecchi but the female MC being the object of fanservice?? no! just NO. epic episode tho.

At the reviews of Kill la Kill here at MAL, it explained why she is the main character and the nonsense happening has a symbolism behind it.

Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
Shanablaze said:
I'm starting to get a little suspicious that the Homeroom Teacher has something to do with the murder of her father or did it.

that would be crazy

Haha, to be quite honest can be. What if a plot twist happen that Ryouko's father is the villain all along. It's sketchy but I hope not.

Thanks to the scene where Satsuki saved Gamagoori... It gives me doubt that if she is the villain why would she saved him? Interestingly she has plans for him despite his lose. She is supposed to be hunger for her own way of perfection of the world but why would she saved him? This scene is evidence enough that there is more that meets the eye and we need to see behind the scenes.

I like the flashback. It gives us the audience the idea of why they are like that. And probably Satsuki is not the main villain at all.

I'm starting to think she and Ryouko are blood related :D

There is more to this story...
Dec 5, 2013 6:51 AM

Nov 2010
That Gamagoori was like Hannibal mixed with a SM gag so creepy
Still very entertaining the entire episode
Dec 5, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2012
Gamagoori is a full SM-maniac. Beating yourself if no one is beating you? Wow...

But again Ryuuko is getting too impetuous and not thinking enough. It is her uniform which came up with the winning idea....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2013 2:16 AM

Jul 2008
And with that, we have reached Gurren Lagann level 2! Two more power ups to come!

Also, Lorelei has lost which means Bruno is up next.
Dec 6, 2013 9:42 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode =D

Dec 8, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2010
Gamagoori almost kills himself.He's so obsessed and maniac.
Fight was good ..
Dec 19, 2013 3:14 PM

Aug 2011
Wicked fight with Gamagoori! So much adrenaline pumping action in this ep with the new transformation.
Jan 4, 2014 3:16 PM

Dec 2009
I gotta say I feel bad for Gamagoori, he worked so hard to win too
Jan 6, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
VioLink said:
Antearion said:
Dat ass!

http://i.imgur.com/1dS4YBC.gif

Lol u don't have to put a gif for that!
Jan 12, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2011
No tentacle rape? Much disappoint. :/
Jan 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2011
Oh man this shit is so bad. A whole episode worth of whipping and Ryuko suffered 0 injury for plot reason and Gamagoori lost in one hit for plot reason. I was "when is this going to end" the whole time when Ryuko got whipped. Characters are so flat.

I am curious about the next 2 opponents' power though.

dat ass whipping.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 25, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
So the battle finally begins ... Gamagoori whipping HIMSELF?! The ball gag in his mouth too ... wow, he's really into SM eh D: Can't believe how huge he is compared to everyone ... like when Satsuki shook his finger lol XD
So now Senketsu can transform too eh? Interesting! :O
Really looking forward to next week's episode - I've liked Inu ... whatever his name is for a while now XD Even though he hasn't shown up much I tend to like those types of characters. I'm interested to see what his story is! :D Though Ryuuko will probably go on to defeat all of them ... probably :P Or else what would be the point eh :P
Jan 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
Ryuuko is freaking badass!
My Candies:
Feb 17, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2008
Decent episode. Guess the plot is gonna be at a stand-still for at least another 3 episodes as she fights the devas. Hopefully it wont feel too repetitive.
Feb 22, 2014 8:37 AM

Sep 2013
senketsu senjin!! that was pure awesomeness lol
man i wonder how many transformations it'll make this tourney
Feb 25, 2014 6:10 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, excellent fight. Can't wait to see what the new dude does.
Mar 4, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2013
so gamagoori was defs using a gag when he was fighting. lol.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 6, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2008
I love how this series can be quite philosophical, even under all the comedy and fan service.
After this episode, I am starting to get even more interested in this anime.
Especially because Satsuki's move to stop Gamagoori from committing sepuku: that tells me that either she still has some other use for him, or she really does have a bit of heart. I'm now even more curious to find out her true plans.
Mar 29, 2014 5:17 AM

May 2012
Sweet first victory! Let's see what next fight has to offer!
Mar 30, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2013
Awesome Episode. I wonder what are the powers of the other two deva's and how will ryuko defeat them. Gamagori masochist side is funny lol.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 1, 2014 11:29 PM
Aug 2012
i like Satsuki a lot, she's an idealist
Apr 7, 2014 3:25 PM
Apr 2014
I would be really surprised if she manages to beat all of the elite four this early in the series. All tho I'm interested in seeing where it would go if that's the case. Can't wait.
Apr 9, 2014 7:43 PM

Aug 2008
The more I listen to the ending, the more I love the song! Must download.
Apr 9, 2014 8:30 PM

Mar 2014
Really enjoying this anime, may be one of my favorites so far... but I could be wrong, still half a show to go.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Apr 23, 2014 7:44 PM
Mar 2009
Holy shit, how big is Ira? Dude was a fucking giant compared to Satsuki.

Senketsu leveled up! That's a pretty badass looking form.

Next up is the only one of the Elite Four we haven't seen engaged in any battles up till now. And of course, Ryuuko is rushing straight in without a breather. Lol, that's a bad idea.
May 19, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
Man based on that these Elite Four battles are going to be awesome!
May 31, 2014 7:15 AM
May 2012
Gamagoori was whipping that ass *o* Yeah, he is humongous as fuck!!
Senketsu's new form is so awesome!!!
Is she really going to fight them continuously??
Well, let's see!
Jun 8, 2014 6:42 PM
May 2014
Scourge Regalia reminded me of Iron Man.
Jun 13, 2014 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
The new spike transformation was awesome.
Dat ultimate penis whip of love though!

Intensity of this show never fails to amaze me ... EACH episode.
Jul 7, 2014 7:24 PM

Feb 2011
loved the new suit!!!!
Jul 9, 2014 11:36 PM

Dec 2008
That armour kind of looked like War Machine from Ironmam.
Jul 24, 2014 2:08 PM
May 2014
Ass
Sep 1, 2014 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
Big guy 2nd Transformation mask Look Like Ironman...Could it be that...Nvm...Anyway it's cool...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.