Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2013 2:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That episode ending was..unexpected.

And I don't know if there is a reference here to the classic Spaghetti Western "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly", were the Good knows where the name of the grave were the treasure is buried, but only the Bad knows which cementery it is. I wouldn't be surprised though if it's originally a Sengoku period story and Sergio Leone read it somewhere and used it in his film. In any case, it should provide quite the action/drama next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 26, 2013 3:35 PM

Feb 2012
Damn wtf, one weird twist after another, is Nobunaga the fool alive, no way.
Nov 26, 2013 8:41 PM

Jul 2010
The ending made me kinda lol'd, I'm interested to know how Nobunaga's face will be, I mean if he's old or still young and gained immortality and vampirism from a stone mask. (who gets the reference is a good guy)

Marzan said:
And I don't know if there is a reference here to the classic Spaghetti Western "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly", were the Good knows where the name of the grave were the treasure is buried, but only the Bad knows which cementery it is.

I know right? I thought the same.
Nov 27, 2013 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
Another interesting episode. Nice to see even enormous bara men get daunted by enormous bara dogs wearing armour. I'm sort of curious as to how that beast just waltzing into the capital actually went down. That jittering woman announcing Nobunaga's arrival in the flashback was hilarious too, omg. I knew it had to be something impressive from the way she looked like she was about to piss herself, and then that facial hair.

Akanezora said:
The ending made me kinda lol'd, I'm interested to know how Nobunaga's face will be, I mean if he's old or still young and gained immortality and vampirism from a stone mask. (who gets the reference is a good guy)

I wasn't entirely sure, because I didn't read the manga or watch the 2012 series yet, but I figured a reference from you would have to be about Dio just from watching the Stardust Crusaders OVAs lol.
Nov 27, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
straggy said:
I wasn't entirely sure, because I didn't read the manga or watch the 2012 series yet, but I figured a reference from you would have to be about Dio just from watching the Stardust Crusaders OVAs lol.

You're a good guy then, but you would be even better if you watch the 2012 series or read the manga, which I really recommend if you're looking for a smart shounen with seinen traits.
Nov 27, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2012
Akanezora said:

<---Good guy. Plus even when he dies, Nobunaga's not dead lol.

Another great one. I loved the moment with Nobunaga taking the Jizo and his death. Those flames were nicely animated, I'm glad they were moving this episode lol.

Man did not see that coming. You don't go to Nobunaga's grave and not get haunted by Nobunaga. He's such a sadistic genius.

The tension between Jirobo and Sagen was crazy, I can't wait to see how this situation plays out.
Dec 11, 2013 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
Well the ending was pretty good.
And the song, not bad.
Jan 9, 2014 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
The way Nobunaga refuses to die reminds me of the Onimusha game lol.

More topics from this board

» Why so veery underrated

DateYutaka - Aug 17, 2013

46 by valoon »»
Feb 21, 2019 4:38 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 8 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 20, 2013

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 11:17 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 7 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 13, 2013

11 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 10:57 PM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 6 Discussion

silentlylurking - Aug 6, 2013

12 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 13, 2014 5:30 AM

Poll: » Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji Episode 4 Discussion

ellisca - Jul 23, 2013

16 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 24, 2014 4:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.