Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 11, 2013 7:31 AM

Dec 2009
jiraiya_sensei said:
That was fucking cliche! An idol dance move? gathering power from the memories of her friends? seriously? I felt like I was watching some sentai or tokusatsu series.

I'm also upset that Rio lost so easily, true she might have underestimated her but it just doesn't make sense that she can lose after a few punches and throws (I counted, she received less than Sakura) while those of her juniors can easily defeated Sakura.
Wow, I'm sorry but you just don't know anything about what happened or anything about wrestling in general. Let me refresh you, that is if your willing to listen.

Yes, Sakura's special move is an idol dance move. But in wrestling, there are many wrestlers that use a strike technique as their finisher. Sakura didn't get any extra power from ANYTHING, this is a REALISTIC anime, it's just a special effect that made Sakura feel that her friends are with her.

Do you know why Rio lost so "easily"? She tired herself out and wasted her stamina. Pressing the attack in wrestling is just as bad at times as being on the receiving end of the attack. Sakura planned all this and took and endured all of Rio's moves to tire her out and then attacked at the right moment, it doesn't matter at ALL if Rio took less blows then Sakura did, a match can be turned around in the other wrestler's favor easily. Sakura only lost to Rio's juniors was because she kept giving up to the pain rather then endure it. Want more of a refresher? Go back to episode 3 which had Misaki's match with that heavyweight wrestler and how Misaki endured everything from that cheating team and was so calm about it.

Besides, a Backfilp double kick to the jaw would be enough to bring anyone down.
Nov 11, 2013 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
I can't believe it , this is the most enjoyable episode of SekTsuyo , wow just wow. This episode gave me this chills down to my spine , especially when all Sakura's face were shown when she was going to do her special move , shit awesome.

Anyway , great episode looking for more episodes like this !
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 11, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
CybeastGregarX said:

it's just a special effect that made Sakura feel that her friends are with her.

That's exactly what I called "getting power" from her friends. Remembering your friends before using the finishing blow, you know what that reminds me of? the last battle between Sailor Moon and Queen Beryl. What about the moment when Sakura almost passed out and she regained consciousness right before the 3rd count when her fans and friends screamed her name? the fight was so god damn cliche, Rio never had the chance to win it in the first place.

You call this anime realistic and claimed I don't know anything about wrestling lol.. this series treat every wrestling matches as a real (shoot) fight while in reality even NJPW's matches are scripted, no forget that.. even the holy grail of indy wrestling, ROH is scripted. Unless of course the wrestling organization in this series specialized in shoot matches only or they treat the wrestling matches like Olympic, which uses amateur or freestyle-type of wrestling. They clearly didn't though since the rules and moves used are that of "pro wrestling".

And yes, I still standby that Rio lost too easily. She didn't lose because she tired herself out, she lost because the anime script called for it. I find it hard to believe that a light weight newbie like Sakura can endure multiple slams and even a freaking reverse clothesline from hell from a powerhouse like Rio and still stood up like it barely had any effect on her. Rio, being the seasoned and physically stronger wrestler, was groggy and lost consciousness after just a few holds and slams. Unless Sakura magically becomes stronger than Beth Phoenix in the middle of the match, I don't buy that.

I might be wrong but I always get the impression that Rio is the type that's similar to Victoria, Jazz, or Jacqueline while Sakura is in Torrie Wilson's or Sunny's class.
MoeGodNov 11, 2013 9:01 AM
Nov 11, 2013 9:26 AM
Jul 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
And yes, I still standby that Rio lost too easily. She didn't lose because she tired herself out, she lost because the anime script called for it. I find it hard to believe that a light weight newbie like Sakura can endure multiple slams and even a freaking reverse clothesline from hell from a powerhouse like Rio and still stood up like it barely had any effect on her.

Well, a few times throughout the fight Rio took note of how much stronger Sakura had become compared to 9 months prior. Not only that, but Sakura was a punching bag in the first 65 losses and should be better at taking more punishment than her opponents.

While I wouldn't call the match cliche per say, I wouldn't call it realistic either. I do however call it awesome; a fitting first victory and a solid place to be in half way through the series.
Nov 11, 2013 10:47 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic episode, was easily the best episode yet. We got a full match between Rio and Sakura and it was a good match as well. Sakuras finisher was fitting and kind of expected. As was the end of the episode and her decision to continue wrestling after beating Rio . No problem with that though, looking forward to the second half now, it's got the makings of a fantastic series.
Nov 11, 2013 11:28 AM
Jan 2013
Well, she won and it looks like she got hooked into wrestling that she's no longer gonna go back into the sweet diva business, I kinda have that feeling that Elena might do something stupid to get Sakura back.
Nov 11, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
Well she finely won one and it only took half of the anime to get it
Nov 12, 2013 5:55 AM

Aug 2008
Nice episode actually but it's sad to know the improvement only happened halfway throughout this show. I dunno if the remaining episodes will squeeze this anime out of its very low rating.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Nov 12, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2011
Street Fight style. Nice kick!
Nov 12, 2013 8:24 PM
Nov 2013
OTAKUADDICT said:
Nice episode actually but it's sad to know the improvement only happened halfway throughout this show. I dunno if the remaining episodes will squeeze this anime out of its very low rating.

Well if we knew better on what an underdog story was, we wouldn't be having so much dislike at the beginning of Sakura's career. She wasn't meant to succeed to begin with and all it took was help from others to finally win.

So, we'll see.
Nov 12, 2013 8:27 PM
Nov 2013
Baddie007 said:
Well, she won and it looks like she got hooked into wrestling that she's no longer gonna go back into the sweet diva business, I kinda have that feeling that Elena might do something stupid to get Sakura back.

Yeah, you could see it was hard for Sakura to confess what she'll do next now that she's reached her goal of defeating Rio and regaining the honor of her group. Even though she had a bad start, Sakura was gradually learning so much about wrestling that it was a difficult decision whether to go back to Sweet Diva or continue her career.

Ultimately, she made her choice.
Nov 12, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Finally a clear win but I want her to go back being an idol !!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 13, 2013 8:36 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:

Me too, would be a perfect exit from the wrestling world with Rio being such a great sport about it. Full match was great to watch, was already impressed with them making her lose so much and creating a really depressing atmosphere but if she'd lost again that'd really be pushing it way too far.

Nov 13, 2013 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
Great fight. Grats to Sakura.

The World Champion is gorgeous as all hell. Misaki's probably either going to lose, or she's the one with the broken leg ;___;

And then Sakura will have to train and beat the Champion.
Or, Elena will ditch Sweet Diva and go train to beat Sakura and force her to come back. Dumping your girlfriend like that isn't nice, Sakura.

Both scenarios are bad anyways. Misaki ;___; <3
Nov 14, 2013 9:22 PM

Mar 2011
sakura looked extra cute this episode lOL >w<d

the display of good sports conduct + the background music was heartwarming
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2013 4:26 PM

Mar 2013
This was a fantastic episode, something the series really needed. Sakura finally won in an excellent way.
Nov 17, 2013 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. It seems like there should be more serious injuries.
Nov 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Dec 2009
RediceRyan said:
Good episode. It seems like there should be more serious injuries.
You'll see one in ep 7.
Nov 22, 2013 6:46 PM
Jul 2013
Well, Sakura won but believe that they will return to retrieve the audience had the picture I want to see because it has really disappointed me series, 5 Lost episodes, when they could have done something more neutral.

It is a mediocre series, only six episodes. And I do not read the maga, so no spoilers are coming later with the future of Sakura.
Nov 27, 2013 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
YAY :D She won ^^
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 28, 2013 1:46 PM

Aug 2011
I admit, this ep really got me pumped! I'm very glad Sakura won and Kazama was a good sport afterwards. Looks like all the hardships and training paid off.

I'm a little disappointed about her choice at the end but that's what this show is about.
Dec 10, 2013 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty solid episode, I think. Rio is still way cooler than Sakura.
Jan 28, 2014 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
Guess what, I like this. I feel that I understand both wrestling and idol life a bit more, thanks to seeing both from a new perspective.
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Feb 2, 2014 5:36 PM
Nov 2013
Apology said:
Well, Sakura won but believe that they will return to retrieve the audience had the picture I want to see because it has really disappointed me series, 5 Lost episodes, when they could have done something more neutral.

It is a mediocre series, only six episodes. And I do not read the maga, so no spoilers are coming later with the future of Sakura.

An underdog story is rarely anything but neutral. Sakura's inexperience in wrestling shows throughout the beginning to indicate that pro wrestling is different from being an idol, and boy, did she get way in over her head when deciding that path. From the looks of how it works in the federation, becoming good in wrestling was something that should be done on your own, but Sakura needed help badly. No one, but Misaki herself would be willing to help her out from her lowest point to show her true potential.

In Japanese pro wrestling, the Boston crab is a common submission to weaken the rookies and it showed how naive Sakura was before she persevered to get better with the help of Misaki.

And besides, Sakura is a shoutout to Kenta Kobashi (0-63 before he got his first win and persevered in spite of it)
Feb 13, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:

Me too. This show will be better if it was about ifols signing than fake wrestling anyway.
Feb 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Apr 2009
Finally Sakura won! YATTAAAA!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
about fucking time

but I can't take anymore boston crabs so this is as far as I go...
Aug 15, 2014 7:53 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Rio is a great sport! Second favorite character after Sakura.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 4, 2015 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, it's been 9 months since her match with Rio? 9 months of straught losing too. I'm amazed she didn't give up yet. Seems like Rio was a good sport about losing.

She also decides not to come back to her idol group. I wonder what'll happen to the group. Elena seems like she didn;t like that one bit. Probably because that means she'll never be able to get a chance to beat her.
Aug 8, 2015 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
Jeez, I've never felt this hyped up about a wrestl an anime wrestling match since... this anime.

Just lay off the boston crabs, I'm tired of them.
Nov 26, 2015 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
Damn. That was a great episode. Had me cheering and all. You could see the fire in Sakura's eyes...literally. lol That double kick was sick.

Well, the anime wasn't 6 episodes so had Sakura won, we knew what would happen.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 29, 2017 4:32 PM
Aug 2014
Pretty good fight, for a second it looked like she was going to win straight after countering once and that would have been very underwhelming, but the fight didn't end there.

Was a bit disappointed Sakura didn't humiliate Rio like she did her in their first fight, but a win is a win.
Feb 12, 2019 1:09 PM

Nov 2016
She did it*clap clap*

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 24, 2020 11:11 AM

Apr 2013
Of course she won with that signature move. I did not know openly punching and kicking your opponent in the face is a thing in wrestling.
Aug 8, 2022 5:41 PM
Feb 2022
Al fin Sakura vengo su orgullo de idol, aunque era obvio que encontraría el amor a la lucha profesional. De esto se trata la lucha profesional. El publico va del amor al odio en un segundo, y el trabajo del luchador es brindar el mejor show posible.
Sin embargo Sakura ahora deberá aclarar las cosas con Elena y con las chicas de Sweet Diva.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2013

151 by horouboi »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» One of the worst anime ive ever tried to watch.

TheDeadWalk - May 14, 2023

4 by HEBI_TAN »»
Jan 19, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2013

96 by TheDeadWalk »»
May 14, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2013

100 by FedeMetal »»
Aug 17, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

68 by FedeMetal »»
Aug 16, 2022 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.