Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2013 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
Lol that guy just lost his eyes. O_O

Not enough Mako this episode.
Nov 7, 2013 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Liking anime less and less....:/
Such a shame.
Nov 7, 2013 2:44 PM

Dec 2008
Whoa! Matoi took one hell of a beating. Looks like Sanageyama's going to be a formidable opponent for her.

Yet again, that homeroom teacher! He's to sexy for his shirt...so sexy it hurts! LOL!!
Nov 7, 2013 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
Don't know what to say here, episode was mostly action pack, really entertaining.

Basically another set up episode and another member of the Four Elites, Sanageyama. Though when Sanageyama just transform, I'm just laughing at that part when he did that XD.

Nov 7, 2013 3:20 PM
Aug 2011
Brilliant episode.
That moment when I saw that his eyes were sewn shut just...yeah.

Nudist Beach sensei, my love for you knows no bounds. Fab 24/7.

DejWoSWK said:
Liking anime less and less....:/
Such a shame.

More KLK for us then!

Kumagawareborn said:
Am I the only one who noticed mako measuring sanegayama's member when Matoi beat him

I did. Her measurements looked rather small hmmm.
Nov 7, 2013 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
Okay, I'm starting to love this anime, it's something really beautiful!
With this episode we can clearly notice that this isn't all crazy and nonsensical, but also serious and fucking epic!
Now I really can't wait for the next episode to come out, if Kill La Kill continues this way, it will soon become a killer-application anime!

PS: I can't wait for the OST to be released too. :)
Nov 7, 2013 4:15 PM

Mar 2013
Mills said:
Ah, first peek at the real power of the Elite Four.

The first fight was entertaining, but oh man, Ryuko got destroyed after Sanageyama got his eyes sewed shut. I wonder how she's gonna come back after losing like that. Can't wait to see more of the Elite Four in action.

This episode was pretty good. I love the song that played after Satsuki spoke to Mistress Ragyo. They need to release the OST for this series already.

i love that OST too! :D right after Satsuki's mom spoke over the phone that song was so epic. i need to create a time machine so i can fast forward to the day it is released!
Nov 7, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
Epic.
Nov 7, 2013 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
Uzu for best character.
Nov 7, 2013 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
Dat OST tho.

Kiryuin Satsuki (As Ryuko would say) has officially become my favorite character.

Monkey's pretty cool too.

Best episode since episode 3.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Nov 7, 2013 5:16 PM

Sep 2011
This was what i was worried about, it was gonna try and get serious, and honestly while it doesnt fail as badly as i was thinking it would, this episode still fell flat for me

It simply feels like its trying way too hard

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 7, 2013 5:30 PM

Jan 2009
sanegeyama sacrifice his eyes to get a better one
Nov 7, 2013 5:58 PM
May 2012
JizzyHitler said:
This was what i was worried about, it was gonna try and get serious, and honestly while it doesnt fail as badly as i was thinking it would, this episode still fell flat for me

I really don't see what's the big damn deal? What do you really even want? It's people like you that constantly bitch about everything that pisses me off a great deal.
I understand, you're a Gintama fanboy, so I can only deduce you're more of a comedy type of guy. Still, Imma quote you on your Gintama section just for the sake of showing you your own ignorance.
"The comedy is great but takes some time, what i was not expecting was its outstanding seirous arcs that end up doing a better job than entire shows in just a few episodes."
I think it's you that's trying too hard :/
Nov 7, 2013 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
Fun watch. Nudist beach!
Nov 7, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
Episode felt really repetitive, probably all the reused animations. Though still enjoyed it.
Nov 7, 2013 6:28 PM

Jan 2012
This is a brilliant show so far.

Ryuuko's progress has slowed down with this episode.
I suppose it was inevitable; at the rate she was defeating people, they'd never make it to 25 episodes.
I still don't see potential for 25 episodes as it stands, so they may need to throw in a few more twists to deepen the plot.
Before this episode, I thought the setting and plot development supported 12 episodes at best, now I see potential for about 18.

I like that they've slowed down the progress to stretch it out; I just hope they have enough content and action to fill it up while still keeping it entertaining.
I'm happy as long as they don't sacrifice quality in favour of quantity.

Still, some things don't make sense...
Why is Ryuuko, wearing the strongest uniform made entirely out of life fibre, unable to defeat some brat in a supposedly much weaker 30% uniform..?
I can't help but think that both Ryuuko and Senketsu still haven't reached their full potential and there are some levelling-up scenes in store for them.
If they're gonna stretch it out like that, they better make it good.
This show's already packed with about as much action that it can hold, so I don't know how they're going to make that work out.

This episode itself felt like a filler though, with Ryuuko not really making any progress towards her goal - in fact, she probably lost ground by making the enemy stronger. It wasn't too much of an issue because of all the action, but they can't throw in many more of these if they want the show to work out as a whole.
Nov 7, 2013 6:47 PM
Jul 2012
Oh damn, I just took in that Sawano Hiroyuki was doing the music for the show, no wonder its so amazing. I wonder how Ryuuko will stand against the rest of the elite four.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 7, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2009
Virtual_BS said:
This is a brilliant show so far.

Ryuuko's progress has slowed down with this episode.
I suppose it was inevitable; at the rate she was defeating people, they'd never make it to 25 episodes.
I still don't see potential for 25 episodes as it stands, so they may need to throw in a few more twists to deepen the plot.
Before this episode, I thought the setting and plot development supported 12 episodes at best, now I see potential for about 18.

I like that they've slowed down the progress to stretch it out; I just hope they have enough content and action to fill it up while still keeping it entertaining.
I'm happy as long as they don't sacrifice quality in favour of quantity.

Still, some things don't make sense...
Why is Ryuuko, wearing the strongest uniform made entirely out of life fibre, unable to defeat some brat in a supposedly much weaker 30% uniform..?
I can't help but think that both Ryuuko and Senketsu still haven't reached their full potential and there are some levelling-up scenes in store for them.
If they're gonna stretch it out like that, they better make it good.
This show's already packed with about as much action that it can hold, so I don't know how they're going to make that work out.

This episode itself felt like a filler though, with Ryuuko not really making any progress towards her goal - in fact, she probably lost ground by making the enemy stronger. It wasn't too much of an issue because of all the action, but they can't throw in many more of these if they want the show to work out as a whole.

Filler because the character lost ground??? Come on every great story needs these moments to show us that the characters aren't invincible, that they can be beaten, and that they need to grow to overcome the obstacles that get in their way. On top of that, one of the main villains had a lot of character development in this episode and small story elements were dropped all over the place, so I fail to see how you can call this episode filler, in fact the word filler is being overused these days.
Nov 7, 2013 7:06 PM

Sep 2011
ahh it got so serious and darker now since sanegayama sewed his eyes shut..

but i had a feeling ryuko wasn't going to last that long with those powers, especially if she's going up against an elite four. i really think something is going to happen within the next couple of episodes (hopefully) that will make her power up and maybe have stronger powers.

and speaking of senketsu, i have a weird feeling about him.. like maybe ryuko's father is senketsu?? lmaybe his soul is manifested in senketsu which is why they have such a close bond and people are so confused by it (kinagase last episode bathroom scene)

just a theory though ^^
Nov 7, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:

Drop it already so we won't have to deal with you complaining every week about every little thing.
Nov 7, 2013 7:22 PM
Oct 2012
JizzyHitler said:

Uhm, no. You just aren't getting it. Serious? This was the funniest episode of the lot so far - everything about Sanegeyama was cliched, a parody of shows from the 80's, however instead of doing it over the course of several episodes they condensed it down to one. Brilliant.

Anyway, this show is just so nostalgic for me. My first exposure with Japanese culture was when I moved there to teach English and upon arriving home from work I would watch afternoon TV. Not knowing any Japanese this was of course difficult, but there was this show, Sukeban Deka II, that was pretty easy to follow from just watching what was going on. What I loved most about the show (and still love about most Japanese shows) was the absolutely perfect use of music for the scene. This show is absolutely perfect on this score (ha, a bad pun), combined with the over used subtitles and the perfect powering up of the enemies, this show is providing a fix that I never thought I would experience again. (that this show is a homage to SDII is evident in the ending credits mimicking the ending credits of that show).

Things I figured out this episode: Satsuki is Ryuko's half sister (same father, different mothers), thought so from the beginning (same plot from Sukeban Deka II) but the introduction of the mother confirmed it, not that this means they will get together at some point (siblings killing one another because of differing allegiances is very common in Japan). The elite 3 (the three that joined Satsuki) are even more powerful than this "souped" up Sanegeyama. I was wondering how this show was going to fill 26 episodes for the modern attention challenged audience, and this pointed the way. Calling it now, not only will this show maintain this high level, it is going to get even better.
Nov 7, 2013 7:26 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, I loved this ep..
The beginning with the teacher trying to use his nipples to distract Ryukko haha and him saying nudist beach in English was so awkward I had to leave the room so my family wouldn't question me.. Haha
I loved the small flashback of the student council, they were cute as middle schoolers ^.^
I loved the sound track for this ep, I can't wait for the ost to come out so I can hear it all
The fights were epic and I found it unexpected that he sewed his eyes shut in a desperate attempt to evolve. I was thinking something was up since they didn't show him wearing a uniform when he went to talk to the lady.. But didn't expect that.
Action was great this ep
Haha and male magic transformation was hilarious
Nov 7, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2011
fanatrick said:
JizzyHitler said:

I really don't see what's the big damn deal? What do you really even want? It's people like you that constantly bitch about everything that pisses me off a great deal.
I understand, you're a Gintama fanboy, so I can only deduce you're more of a comedy type of guy. Still, Imma quote you on your Gintama section just for the sake of showing you your own ignorance.
"The comedy is great but takes some time, what i was not expecting was its outstanding seirous arcs that end up doing a better job than entire shows in just a few episodes."

I don't think it's fair or right for you to bring another anime into discussion just because he didn't like this ep.. Being a gintama fan has nothing to do with it.. Different shows have different types of story telling even if they fall into the same genres and different people have different tastes..

I loved this ep but I don't think bringing up another show to diss on his opinion is correct
Nov 7, 2013 7:47 PM
Oct 2012
grumpytoast said:
I don't think it's fair or right for you to bring another anime into discussion just because he didn't like this ep.. Being a gintama fan has nothing to do with it.. Different shows have different types of story telling even if they fall into the same genres and different people have different tastes..

I loved this ep but I don't think bringing up another show to diss on his opinion is correct

While I agree with you sentiment, I think you are missing fanatrick's point. He wasn't knocking Gintama, what he was pointing out that Jizzyhitler is being hypocritical.

Jizzyhitler defended Gintama (which I love by the way) by saying: "give it time and you will eventually appreciate the humor", but he is not willing to extend the same courtesy to the humor of Kill la Kill. That is what fanatrick is calling out, not that jizzyhitler's taste sucks because he likes Gintama (if that was fanatrick's point I would debate that until the cows came home), but rather Jizzy's hypocritical defense of Gintama.
Nov 7, 2013 7:50 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode. Sanegayama does remind me of Viral a lot.

Also, I wish my nipples could glow like that teacher's.
Nov 7, 2013 8:02 PM

Dec 2012
This didn't feel remotely like filler, what is wrong with some of the users on here?

Anyways this episode was very good

We got more Nudist Beach references. Backstory with Sanegayama before he joined Honnouji. This episode actually reminded me how young the characters are, the flashback was only 3 years ago and everyone's appearance is significantly younger, even Gamagoori who currently looks in his mid-30s lol. We finallly got a glimpse of Satsuki's mom, she was depicted standing atop the highest floor of a massive tower shaped like a dress (I don't know what REVOCS is but those were the letters on the building), so as predicted she's likely a bigger force Ryuko will have to face later on.

Ryuko beat Sanegayama early on but it was premature (you could tell from when she beat him halfway through the episode that more was to come), and after that vicious beating she took in the 2nd round Ryuko once again makes a quick getaway. I think that moment made me lol the hardest since I didn't expect them to continue with that running gag for such a serious fight

My favourite episode so far. Good shit
Nov 7, 2013 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
NUDIST BEEEEEEEEEACH/5!

Love this show :)
Nov 7, 2013 8:18 PM
Aug 2011
fanatrick said:

The hell does Gintama and anything he might have said about it have to do with anything in Kill La Kill?
As you can see I like Gintama and i'm enjoying the crap out of Kill la Kill.
What is this nonsense about "you're more of a comedy type" of person.
Get out and go home while you're at it.
Nov 7, 2013 8:21 PM

Dec 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
grumpytoast said:

While I agree with you sentiment, I think you are missing fanatrick's point. He wasn't knocking Gintama, what he was pointing out that Jizzyhitler is being hypocritical.

Jizzyhitler defended Gintama (which I love by the way) by saying: "give it time and you will eventually appreciate the humor", but he is not willing to extend the same courtesy to the humor of Kill la Kill. That is what fanatrick is calling out, not that jizzyhitler's taste sucks because he likes Gintama (if that was fanatrick's point I would debate that until the cows came home), but rather Jizzy's hypocritical defense of Gintama.

I know that.. He wasnt knocking down gintama.. I just think that different series have different ways telling a story even if they are the same genre or having similar aspects (like I said).. I don't really like comparing series or bringing other series into discussions because execution can be different.. Such as I don't find kill la kill anything like gintama..

Btw those weren't jizzyhitlers words... They are fanatricks comment about gintama on his list... Anyways it's not hypocritical because he doesn't like all comedy series.
Nov 7, 2013 8:22 PM
Jul 2011
AkatsukiShinobi said:
I have a feeling this is going to go a little Gurren Lagann, where the flashbacks tease at Satsuki being the good guy, trying to get a grip on Japan and creating a strong and capable army to destroy the current world leaders (Aka chancellor Hitler's government) , through the use of the life fibers as weapons, and the school as a training academy for her future soldiers, I look forward to how this will all play out.

Hell, after the last episode's creation of the "Mako is a lot stronger than she's hinting at" theory, she could be the Nia of this series, where she's secretly a spy for the true evil that leads the world, playing up the part of a weakling idiot.

As for Sanageyama, like most people in this show, he was given an air of "typicalness", where he's your typical kendo club guy, but again, like most people in this show, he quickly proves himself to be a unique character in both personality and past experiences. Who knows what else will take place, on a side note, what's with the computer guy from the Elite 4 having a plug in his neck, does he think he's Keanu Reeves now?

Finally, the people close to Satsuki talk about this "Stage" that she's setting, it was just revealed that Matoi's interference is getting in the way of that stage, now judging from what Satsuki has offered Sanageyama as a stage, aka a place where he can fight strong opponents (If this is true, and Matoi's getting in the way despite her strength, then it means she's after someone even more powerful), it's clear that this stage is a going to be a large scale battle against powerful opponents, if that's the case, then it's safe to assume that Satsuki's stage wasn't the school, nor the general oppression of the people living around it. It's my opinion that what I said earlier may play out, Satsuki may very well see herself as the good guy here, trying to create an environment where only the strong will thrive, so that she can have an army of extremely above par warriors to take on a much larger force, the only larger force we assume still exists in this world is the one ruling it, the one talked about very early on, Chancellor Hitler's forces, or at the very least, the higher ups of the Kiryuuin family.

I like This.
Nov 7, 2013 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Okay who decided on the name for their organization? Really liked this episode, especially because it got a lot more serious with Sanegayama. The other episodes have been mostly hilarious, but I kinda liked this change of pace. Nice to know that it's not going to always be over the top comedy. Also dat transformation scene.
wow gay
Nov 7, 2013 9:22 PM

Mar 2012
I knew I would like Sanageyama the moment I saw him and I'm glad that I wasn't wrong.

It was nice that it generally kept a serious tone once the "Nudist Beach" introduction scene was done.

Still, I have one other thing to say about this episode. Trigger, your low animation budget is showing.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Nov 7, 2013 9:44 PM

Feb 2011
Hahaha i knew it! That intro! Ryuuko is definitely forcing the teacher who loves to strip xD for information after what happen at the previous episode. 01.02 DAT Glowing Nipples!

Looks like Junketsu is unstable and was nailed on the wall, It's only be a matter of time before Junketsu take over Satsuki.

I love the three years ago in to the past scene, it was hilarious lol.

Damn! looks like Sanageyama wasn't kidding about Satsuki could kill with a tea cup or even a tea handle.

During the first fight with Sanageyama i didn't expected that he would lose so quickly but i knew it wasn't the end of it. I was shocked that Sanageyama told Iori to sew his eyes shut just to get another chance to fight Ryuuko. Just as expected the second fight was badass! Ryuuko VS Sanageyama.

Looks like Ryuuko managed to survived this fight, I'm glad that Sanageyama's Uniform overheated and he will make a returned in the future episodes :)

As always it's a pain to wait for it lol not to mention this episode has tons of fanservices for girls and boys xD
srwgfanNov 7, 2013 10:03 PM
Nov 7, 2013 9:51 PM
Mar 2011
Fighting with cloth blinding your eye -> FAIL !
Fighting with your eyes sewn shut -> OVERKILL !

FUCK LOGIC !
MarverickNov 7, 2013 10:07 PM
Nov 7, 2013 10:07 PM

Dec 2012
CreationBreaker said:
Still, I have one other thing to say about this episode. Trigger, your low animation budget is showing.

All people do here is talk about animation budget. Who gives a fuck? I mean, no shit a company with limited cash can't spend tons making every last episode perfectly animated. If it means some episodes will be lower quality to make way for others to be higher quality than so be it, accept it, deal with it, etc. Even then I honestly found no glaring issue with this episode animation-wise, I can accept a few corners being cut if it doesn't heavily detract from the overall episode quality and it didn't here

Marverick said:
No one see this coming ?

Thought it was pretty obvious, though I thought he'd get that Iori guy to just remove his eyes

It was hinted at pretty hard, his obsession with his eyesight, what Aikuro said about someone relying too hard on a single skill, and the fact that his face was blocked out at every point after that moment
Nov 7, 2013 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was fun. Ryuuko seriously needs to learn how to fight and not just rely on Senketsu's power. I was looking forwards to more Mako antics and it seems next week would be her week.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 7, 2013 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
NUDIST BEACH

http://i.imgur.com/6zvPMrt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ycMWtdY.jpg
Four divas looking cool even as middle schoolers.

Holy fuck that battle was insane.
VioLinkNov 7, 2013 11:05 PM
[center]
Nov 7, 2013 11:43 PM

Aug 2013
Ryuuko-chan lost, awww that's frustrating, for the heroine to lost to a subordinate...
Nov 8, 2013 12:35 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode.
A little disappointing conclusion
Nov 8, 2013 12:37 AM

Jul 2011
All I really want to say is that BGM wise,this was the best episode for far.
Nov 8, 2013 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
ok this episode was legit. best so far. up till now kill la kill was pretty meh but this was good.
Nov 8, 2013 1:33 AM

Jul 2008
Good to see Ryuuko not having an easy win against Uzu twice :D Things would have been boring if she can beat the 4 devas easily :) Oh and Satsuki's mom :D
Nov 8, 2013 2:09 AM

Dec 2011
"It's all I can do to deflect all these strikes."
But. You're. Not. Moving.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 8, 2013 2:15 AM
Apr 2010
Ryuuko isn't very impressive, anymore. o_o

Even after learning how to wear senketsu and seemingly unlocking its full potential, she's still completely and totally outclassed by three star uniforms...

or no uniform at all, for that matter (guy who shoots threading needles).
Shia-Neko-ChanNov 8, 2013 3:40 AM
Nov 8, 2013 2:51 AM

May 2013
ow stiching his eyes cant he just use blindfold or something but the battle was intense, i bet that kendo dude would defeat his boss matoi ryuko was like her match
Nov 8, 2013 3:46 AM

Apr 2013
awesome episode.

so now we have a serious plot, lots of mysteries, pure slapstick (episode 4), brilliant ost, an entire show of unique characters. the show exceeded my expectations i simply love it.

seems like despite having a better relation with senketsu now, ryuko is still not able to use her full potential.

she absored a 3 star uniform but nothing changed.

wonder what will happen to satsuki since it seems like wearing junketsu is very tiring for her

as always cannot wait for the next episode
Nov 8, 2013 5:06 AM

Jul 2011
kuuurt said:
Really? I'm pretty sure you didn't notice the "best girl" vibes oozing out of Mako during this scene.

http://i.picpar.com/roz.png

Oh, yes. MAKO A BEST

lol I didn't noticed it
Nov 8, 2013 5:08 AM

Jun 2011
Men! Dou! Kote!
LOL @ Mako
Nov 8, 2013 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
kuuurt said:
Ramkec said:
Not enough Mako this episode.

Really? I'm pretty sure you didn't notice the "best girl" vibes oozing out of Mako during this scene.

http://i.picpar.com/roz.png

Oh, yes. MAKO A BEST

Good catch. I didn't notice that.

Ah Mako, that girl could bring a smile to my face any day of the week. Probably one of the most lovable anime characters of the year.
Nov 8, 2013 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
If anything, Aikurou and his glowing nipples are trying to even out the fact that Free! didn't have any. (Also, the fact that his tendency to undress makes sense in the context is nice. Weird, but nice).

Also, I think that this episode confirmed that the show has reached the part that I was initially expecting from the series. Makes me glad that I didn't decide to drop it earlier.

PS. Two useful additions:

1) I know I shouldn't mention the animation because it's a new studio and all that... so I won't. But my implication remains.

2) Does Satsuki's suit talk to her as well? If so, I wonder what kind of personality it has, considering that it looked rather angry on this episode. (Also, I'm supporting the implication of it being Satsuki's wedding dress while Ryoko dons a black outfit herself...)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.