Forum Settings
Forums

Dubs you are waiting to be dubbed/have been licensed and are very excited about!

New
Feb 16, 2009 6:20 PM

Oct 2008
There are some animes that have recently been licensed or animes that haven't been dubbed that you want to see be dubbed. For me it would have to be Clannad for the licensed animes! I have been loving Clannad and I can't wait to see what ADV has in store for us :D. For my haven't been dubbed it would have to be Ichigo 100%. Even though I don't like (in fact i HATE) Ichigo 100%, I REALLY want to see what actors they would use for the dub
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2009 6:38 PM

Oct 2007
Clannad wasn't dubbed. They cancelled it in favor of a quicker release, the fuckers.

Edit over 2 years later lawl: They totally dubbed it n' stuff. Woot. xD
KuyuJul 1, 2011 6:44 PM
You can find me on IRC.
Feb 16, 2009 6:51 PM
May 2008
Also it was cancled because Best Buy has been cutting back on anime lately (their biggest customer), the economy is still in the gutter, the industry is getting worse overall, and people at conventions said "we want it faster, cheaper, and in box sets", so that's what AVD is doing, something had to give, and it was the dub sadly :( .

Anyway I am looking forward to the dub on Nana and Monster, two titles Viz Media has had for the longest time and have plans forreleasing soon. Both dubs have at least started.
Feb 19, 2009 2:49 PM

Oct 2008
Kuyukly said:
Clannad wasn't dubbed. They cancelled it in favor of a quicker release, the fuckers.

:O I think I'm gonna cry......DAMN YOU ADV!!!!!!
Feb 19, 2009 5:49 PM
Jan 2008
Ponyo on the Cliff and Tales from Earthsea.
Apr 2, 2009 5:24 AM

Oct 2007
wesley96 said:
Kuyukly said:

:O I think I'm gonna cry......DAMN YOU ADV!!!!!!

That's happening a lot... companies are catching on to how "everyone" prefers subs, and they save time & money by not overdubbing it. (Side note: You'd think that a subs-only DVD would cost less than a dual-layer DVD, but a friend of mine who bought subs-only Gurren Lagann said the dub dvd cost the same amount. Go figure.)

Apr 2, 2009 11:07 AM

Sep 2007
Juliab said:
companies are catching on to how "everyone" prefers subs, and they save time & money by not overdubbing it.

It costs about $10k to dub an episode of anime, so basically about $260,000 to dub a 26 episode series then ontop of that, you have the license fees and all those other ugly fees the Japanese companies tack on. It adds up and ultimately leads to companies shutting down or downsizing. Geneon for example, should've considered sub-only releases to some (not all) titles to cut costs and losses.

The only one with sufficient finances is FUNimation, due in part by Navarre.

(Side note: You'd think that a subs-only DVD would cost less than a dual-layer DVD, but a friend of mine who bought subs-only Gurren Lagann said the dub dvd cost the same amount.)

Depends what kindof place you get them from and the discount. I'll use Best Buy as an example. I paid $60 total for my sub-only Gurren Lagann ($19.99x3) discs whereas with bilingual a good friend paid $90 ($29.99x3). I basically saved $30 going with subonly and in this economy, that kinda savings is to die for.
Apr 5, 2009 1:11 PM
Jan 2008
Juliab said:
companies are catching on to how "everyone" prefers subs, and they save time & money by not overdubbing it.

The state of the economy is certainly effecting whether shows get dubbed or not; but I doubt it has anything to do with "everyone" preferring subs, because it's simply not true in the least. For all the vocal comments that the most extreme of fans have made, the fact is that dubs have their audience and have always played a huge part in getting Anime recognized.
May 18, 2009 7:06 AM
Jan 2009
does anyone know what's going on with the Rebuild of Evangelion series??
kinda waiting for it to be dubbed but i've only seen a subbed version out for sale.
May 28, 2009 12:50 AM
Sep 2008
i am looking forward to soul eater. i hpoe it does not get push aside or droped!
Jun 18, 2009 9:34 AM

Sep 2008
Im dissaponited in CLANNAD damn it(well I gots the imported dvds) but damn it but right now...

SOUL EATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banner By.Kl
Jun 28, 2009 3:58 AM

Jun 2009
I really hope that Michiko to Hatchin makes out here dubbed (preferably by Bang Zoom, since I think they could do it best). It's got a real Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo attitude, so I'd like to see what they could do with it.
Jul 11, 2009 3:37 PM
Sep 2008
well, there is 3 main ones 1st soul eater
2nd gunslinger girls ti teatrino
3rd El cazador de la bruja
I have seen some esp. of all three and i think they would be much better dub.
i can only hope they will get release in dub soon!
Aug 13, 2009 1:59 PM

Sep 2007

Clannad/Clannad After Story are Sentai Filmworks/ADV Films licenses. Both will not be dubbed in English. True Tears was a Bandai Visual USA license, now a Bandai Entertainment license and will not be dubbed in English.

Gunslinger Girl -il teatrino- is a Funimation license and will be dubbed in English. Vampire Knight is a Viz Media license and will be dubbed in English.

Angel Heart, Ashita no Nadja and Tenshi na Konamaiki are not licensed.
Aug 17, 2009 11:37 PM

Mar 2008
JLS said:

Clannad/Clannad After Story are Sentai Filmworks/ADV Films licenses. Both will not be dubbed in English. True Tears was a Bandai Visual USA license, now a Bandai Entertainment license and will not be dubbed in English.

Gunslinger Girl -il teatrino- is a Funimation license and will be dubbed in English. Vampire Knight is a Viz Media license and will be dubbed in English.

Angel Heart, Ashita no Nadja and Tenshi na Konamaiki are not licensed.

windeen-windy obviously didn't bother to check to see the status for these animes concerning u.s. licenses and dubs.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Oct 30, 2009 2:26 PM

Sep 2008
Initial D's redub by FUNi. I know it will definitely be better than Tokyopop's dub.
Nov 30, 2009 8:47 PM

Aug 2009
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Dec 3, 2009 7:22 AM

Oct 2007
Strike Witches :3
You can find me on IRC.
Dec 3, 2009 6:34 PM

Dec 2009
I'm looking forward to the FMA: Brotherhood dub.
Apr 2, 2010 5:30 AM

Dec 2009
I'm still overly joyed (excitted) that Kuroshitsuji has been licensed. I'm just hoping that Funimation doesn't screw up the voices. Please make Sebastian have a sexy, beautiful, and amazing voice. Same goes for Ciel (well may-be not the sexy part.), may-be someone like Aaron Dismuke.. (hm for some odd reason I can somewhat imagine him being the voice of Ciel, not completely just some what.).

I have a feeling that I am going to like the english dub for Kuroshitsuji. (but yet I have that doubt.. nya.)

Apr 2, 2010 10:53 AM

Dec 2009
I don't really keep track of what's licensed or when... I usually first hear about something once the DVD starts being advertised.

If I had to pick just one, though, I'd like to see Tokyo Godfathers dubbed at some point. I hear Kon's working on a project after Paprika too, but I don't know if it's been released or cancelled or licensed or anything. Never really bothered keeping that up-to-date.
Apr 5, 2010 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
For me it would have to be Toradora (though I'm not sure if its being dubbed or just licensed as subbed) and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu by Funimation. I really hope they don't use Vic Mignogna, he's overcasted in dubbed anime T_T

Apr 5, 2010 9:49 PM

May 2008
Seiken no Blacksmith I do believe, also Eva 2.0.
Apr 6, 2010 12:23 AM

Dec 2009
Yammin said:
I really hope they don't use Vic Mignogna, he's overcasted in dubbed anime T_T

I say not! Give me more Mignogna and more Blum, please. You know who's overcast lately? Johnny Yong Bosch.
Apr 6, 2010 12:48 PM
Nov 2009
Cant wait for Clannad,Ghost Hounds, Eden of the East and season.2 of Big Windup.
Apr 6, 2010 3:14 PM

Mar 2008
gizmo99 said:
Cant wait for Clannad,Ghost Hounds, Eden of the East and season.2 of Big Windup.

FUNimation said they will not be licensing Season 2 of Big Windup!

Apr 6, 2010 9:03 PM

Jul 2007
Black Butler- Funimation just announced the aquired it and I really want to know who's in it.

Axis Power Hetalia- Same as Black Bulter. Really want to know the voice actors, I'm tried of speculating

Vampire Knight - I found out the three main cast voice actors, now I want to see how they did. Vic Mignona and the two veteran actors that don't seem to get much work

Dragonball Kai - oh nostalia, I really want to hear to old cast back together as well as the new members of the cast.

Yammin said:
For me it would have to be Toradora (though I'm not sure if its being dubbed or just licensed as subbed)

Yeah, the company that licensed the series said that they currently had no intention of dubbing the series

XTApocalypse said:
]
I say not! Give me more Mignogna and more Blum, please. You know who's overcast lately? Johnny Yong Bosch.

I got to disagree with you that Johnny Yong Bosch has been overcast, ever really. He's just more popular and seem to be featured in really long and popular series, that makes it seems like he's in a lot of anime, but on paper he's really not.

Vic is probably closest to being in a lot of new dubs, but unlike some, I don't get tried of him.

But I do miss Steven Blum. He need to be in more anime, but I guess video games is where the money's at.
coolcatApr 6, 2010 9:14 PM

Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness bringing torment and pain to others, oh damned soul wallowing in your sin...perhaps it is time to die
Apr 6, 2010 11:00 PM

Dec 2009
Bosch is in most of the recent anime I've seen, while most of my Mignogna roles have been older series. But again, I don't keep up with recent anime in the least. At all. I watch whatever I can get or whatever I hear good things about, I usually don't take it upon myself to dive into whatever just came out of Japan.
Apr 7, 2010 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
XTApocalypse said:
Bosch is in most of the recent anime I've seen, while most of my Mignogna roles have been older series. But again, I don't keep up with recent anime in the least. At all. I watch whatever I can get or whatever I hear good things about, I usually don't take it upon myself to dive into whatever just came out of Japan.

Well in this case it's new shows that just been released Stateside and said shows would rarely be right out Japan.

I don't know the only recent stuff I heard JYB, and by recent I mean with a year or so. in was Bleach and Naruto. I don't count Bleach because his been doing that role for 4 years or so, so it doesn't out. And he's only been doing minor roles till Sasori and Sasori is supposed to day off anyway, so I don't think thats a lot. Maybe Code Geass and 5cm per second redub, but that's like only two, and that really isn't much. I actually don't think his list of role was extensive in the first place. Voice is too distinct and he got played a bit of main characters on shows that would be seen by a greater audience.

Now with Vic recent roles in Soul Eater, Bleach, Ouran, Darker than Black, Brotherhood, and now the new Vampire Knight. It's a bit more but I also think on paper he hasn't really been in a lot of stuff that warrant him hate for being in "every" anime. Though it doesn't really help that he has a really distinct voice, I can pick out even if he's play a minor or supporting characters, which may give the illusion that he's in a lot of anime.
coolcatApr 7, 2010 8:14 PM

Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness bringing torment and pain to others, oh damned soul wallowing in your sin...perhaps it is time to die
Apr 7, 2010 6:16 PM

Dec 2009
I happen to think that Vic and Blum are both extremely versatile in their voice acting. Bosch and Schemmel, by contrast, always sound identical to me.

I didn't even know Bosch was in Naruto, but I've heard him in Bleach, Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist, Akira, Lucky Star, Haruhi, Moribito, and Paranoia Agent... but the last one was one of his better, less recognizable roles. Maybe he just seems overcast to me because he always sounds the same to me. Most other voice actors seem to vary at least slightly from role to role.
Apr 7, 2010 8:30 PM

Jul 2007
I totally agree. Vic can be versatile voice-wise (acting wise I think he could do most roles well), but he doesn't use it often; I don't think I implied otherwise. Nonetheless, he's voice is very distinct, and I could probably pick it out in my sleep. Love him, Respect them, But he can sound the same at times. Blum is awesome, he’s voice can be really distinct as well.

I’m not aware of Schemmel roles, so I don’t of they sound a like or not

But I disagree with the fact most other actors vary from role to role. If they been in enough anime, their roles will start to sound alike. I typically don’t mind, I’m more of a “performance over range” kind of person.

Apr 7, 2010 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
Sean Schemmel is the guy who voiced Goku in Funimation's dub of Dragon Ball Z. He's had a few other roles, but the only other one that sticks out in my mind is a minor role in Berserk. Every time he spoke he sounded just like an angry Goku. xD
Apr 8, 2010 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Well, let's see what I have in my list:

Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji
Hayate the Combat Butler
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Axis Powers Hetalia
Toradora!
Kobato.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Durarara!!

Oh yeah, all of the said anime have Johnny Yong Bosch involved. Here is what I would cast him into:

To Aru Majutsu no Index: Accelerator
Kobato.: Ioryogi
Toradora!: Ryūji Takasu
Umineko no Naku Koro ni: Battler
Durarara!!: Izaya Orihara
Hayate the Combat Butler!: Puppet Butler (meant as a shoutout to Lelouch Lamperouge) and Himuro Saeki
Katekyo Hitman Reborn: Takeshi Yamamoto
Axis Powers Hetalia: America
Kuroshitsuji: Sebastian

But really, his anime resume is quite small when compared to the regular VA in anime.

In addition, six of the said anime have Yuri Lowenthal involved:

The title character of Hayate the Combat Butler!
Tsuna Sawada from Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Yūsaku Kitamura from Toradora!
Pierce Aogami from To Aru Majutsu no Index
Mikado Ryugamine from Durarara!!
Japan from Axis Powers Hetalia
Apr 9, 2010 4:50 PM

Jul 2007
I want Durarara!!! to be licensed and dubbed, too. But I'm told streaming anime is less desirable to US companies.

J. Micheal Tatum as Sebastian FTW

^_^

May 1, 2010 5:42 AM

Oct 2009
I really hope somebody licenses and dubs black lagoon 3, you cant watch that series without a dub.
May 1, 2010 9:52 AM

Dec 2009
Hmm. Funimation finished their uncut dub of DBZ, right?

I'm also waiting for the uncut One Piece to end... whenever One Piece as a whole ends.

And The Plan to Destroy the Saiyans. I have no idea if that was ever dubbed or not, the copy I got in what was supposed to be an all-English torrent was subbed, so I didn't watch it.

Sonic X is another one that should be re-dubbed uncut. Plus F-Zero and maybe Viewtiful Joe - I don't know if 4Kids dubbed the last one.

And while this isn't an anime per say, I STILL want both Jump games to be licensed and released dubbed, goddammit. T_T
May 1, 2010 12:03 PM
Nov 2009
Has Hetail Axis Power been licensed if it has I cant wait.
May 1, 2010 2:19 PM

Mar 2008
gizmo99 said:

Yup, FUNimation licensed that anime months ago.

May 2, 2010 8:24 AM

Jul 2007
Baby_Naruto said:
gizmo99 said:

Yup, FUNimation licensed that anime months ago.

Oh that, FUNimation, always two steps ahead ^_^

Its like they're reading your mind...creepy O_o

May 2, 2010 10:09 AM

Dec 2009
They need to re-dub everything 4Kids has ever done, ever. -_-
May 2, 2010 12:54 PM

Jul 2007
Rather them not for Pokemon

Maybe the original Yu-gi-oh, if only they keep Dan Green. ^_^

May 3, 2010 2:49 AM

Mar 2008
XTApocalypse said:
They need to re-dub everything 4Kids has ever done, ever. -_-

As long as they don't touch anything Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon, I'm all for it :).

May 3, 2010 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
Because you like the 4Kids version or you don't like the animes and don't want Funimation involved with them?

They still cut way too much in both of those series, too. An entire episode pulled just because a handgun is shown. Completely ridiculous.
May 3, 2010 1:52 PM

Jan 2008
XTApocalypse said:
They still cut way too much in both of those series, too. An entire episode pulled just because a handgun is shown. Completely ridiculous.

While that is true, out of all the series 4kids has done Pokemon got the better end of the deal. The majority of the dub is respectfully true to the original and the voice actors were decent. If they could get a more faithful translation and keep the actors it would be awesome.

Just a quick note. 4kids doesn't actually have Pokemon any more. At the start of Pokemon: Battle Frontier it has moved back to Nintendo under the company "Pokemon USA". Complete with new and horrible voice actors. It's bad...
May 3, 2010 2:21 PM

Jul 2007
XTApocalypse said:
Because you like the 4Kids version or you don't like the animes and don't want Funimation involved with them?

Like the 4kids...hmm...maybe a bit of the latter as well. Come on you gotta have some respect for them, in regards to these shows. Yes, it was edit, but those anime through them became extremely popular and attracted many anime fans. 4kids get a nostalgia-pass from me. They knew how to market stuff then, I still have the opening songs stuck in my head, the series still excited people despite all the ridiculousness.

Despite that I don't think I would wish those series on Funimation, seems like half of the companies previous had a hand in the US release is not doing well financial (4kids) or is no longer existing (Pioneer aka Geneon USA). Besides Pokemon USA has the series now and 4kid's isn't going to give up their last cash cow, Yugioh. Plus, Dan Green! The series seems to be scrabbling to stay fresh anyway, no need for FUNi to waste money on it. Plus they don't really tend to license merch-driven kiddie anime. Spend that money on better anime.

XTApocalypse said:

I told it was more because the gun was being continuously pointed at people and shot many times during the episode. TV censors seemed to have been responsible for the ban, seeing that there is evidence that 4kids intended on airing the episode, because apparently it was already dubbed.

May 3, 2010 4:03 PM

Jan 2008
coolcat said:
I told it was more because the gun was being continuously pointed at people and shot many times during the episode.

It would be difficult to have people shooting their fingers at people without the gun present. Luckily Bandit Keith never fired his gun at Pegasus, so he was allowed to point his finger...
May 3, 2010 6:41 PM

Mar 2008
XTApocalypse said:

First one. I like the 4Kids Dubs.

May 3, 2010 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
coolcat said:
Come on you gotta have some respect for them, in regards to these shows.

Nope.

I could honestly give two shits about the kind of fans they're attracting when I think of all the potential fans they're repelling.
May 3, 2010 7:12 PM

Oct 2009
I'm super excited for the Birdy The Mighty: Decode and Eden of The East dubs!
May 3, 2010 8:48 PM

Jun 2009
vampire knight ^^
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is a dub song from a children’s anime dub that you love the most?

funtime43_tr - Mar 9

0 by funtime43_tr »»
Mar 9, 9:42 AM

» Why do you like English dubs? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

coolcat - Apr 27, 2010

325 by Edawg0066 »»
Jan 1, 10:57 PM

» English dub fan, what do you think of these Japanese dubs of American cartoons?

mdo7 - Aug 31, 2020

2 by mdo7 »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:43 PM

» What are your Top 5-10 Favorite English Dubs? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KidRyan - Mar 14, 2009

261 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Oct 13, 2023 1:55 AM

» In Defense of 4kids/New York voice actors.

funtime43_tr - Oct 25, 2022

1 by SwatKat1990 »»
Jan 18, 2023 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.