Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2013 6:05 AM

Mar 2011
Kitchiri said:
And everything you explained is just typical Nagai Go style eroticism. You are just damn serious here lol, just like hypocrites.

Your point? Just because other shows use it doesnt mean its good. And also someone needs to add the ecchi tag for the show, I never had a chance to see other stuff made by gainax so I didnt know they were so fond of this kind of ecchi.
Oct 11, 2013 6:26 AM

Oct 2007
Raziel1991 said:
This is exactly how I feel. I find anime fans really hypocrites, they are constantly bashing ecchi fanservice, but for some reason its okay for this show to have tons of it.

Or maybe the people bashing ecchi fanservice in other shows are not the same ones as the people enjoying this show...
Also wit isn't only something absent from anime, the japanese culture in general has little of it (or at least it's very different from the west),even outside anime japanese humour is based on slapstick,absurdism,missunderstandings and can be quite trashy.
I can understand if it's not your thing,but that's more of a culture clash with japanese culture in general than with this anime in particular.

SolviteSekai said:
How do you run out of budget on a show that is already finished?

I highly doubt they've finished animating the show.
totoumOct 11, 2013 6:34 AM
all for fun.fun for all
Oct 11, 2013 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
I just find it odd that I'm supposed to laugh at this..
Maybe this isn't for me :l

Dropped.
Oct 11, 2013 6:53 AM

Feb 2010
its like watching Free again... dat torso *q*

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Oct 11, 2013 7:00 AM

Apr 2013
Most memorable part for me was the dogs/cats (whatever they were) partaking in a little bum fun on the hill. Oh, and the tennis match.
Oct 11, 2013 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
I guess if episodes are always like this...

It'll get an 8 from me.
Oct 11, 2013 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
again i have no idea what actually happened.. i like this fast-paced comedy though. i lost it when the teacher started undressing omg
(the unform still looks stupid though)
Oct 11, 2013 7:35 AM
Apr 2010
What's preventing me from giving this a 5/5 is the over the top fanservice. I would cut just about a minute of fanservice, Loved the manservice though because of Ryuuko's face, who apparently also dislikes fanservice. Loved the transformation. But my favorite part is the preview for the next episode. By introducing more Satsuki it might prevent this from becoming a monster of the week deal until the last battle and mix things up.
Oct 11, 2013 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
Mr. Manservice immediately reminded me of Steins;Gate haha
Oct 11, 2013 8:27 AM

Jan 2008
This is like a carbon copy of TTGL spiced up with some PSG, but who cares?! I'm enjoying this show so much!
Oct 11, 2013 8:34 AM

Oct 2013
i didnt so much fanservice in this episode.

All in one it was a great episode!
Oct 11, 2013 9:38 AM

Mar 2011
totoum said:
Raziel1991 said:
This is exactly how I feel. I find anime fans really hypocrites, they are constantly bashing ecchi fanservice, but for some reason its okay for this show to have tons of it.

Also wit isn't only something absent from anime, the japanese culture in general has little of it (or at least it's very different from the west),even outside anime japanese humour is based on slapstick,absurdism,missunderstandings and can be quite trashy.
I can understand if it's not your thing,but that's more of a culture clash with japanese culture in general than with this anime in particular.

And thats exactly why I said in the second page of this thread that I find comedy in anime really bad
Oct 11, 2013 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
It feels like only 5 minutes, LOLED ALL THE WAY
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Oct 11, 2013 11:36 AM

Mar 2011
Zey said:
Raziel1991 said:
Kitchiri said:
And everything you explained is just typical Nagai Go style eroticism. You are just damn serious here lol, just like hypocrites.

Your point? Just because other shows use it doesnt mean its good. And also someone needs to add the ecchi tag for the show, I never had a chance to see other stuff made by gainax so I didnt know they were so fond of this kind of ecchi.

Ehem, the first episode had references to Dezaki and Go Nagai (some of them VERY clear), hell, if you didn't notice, they are even using an artificial grain filter for the animation to make clear that this show is an homage to 70's-90's stuff. But whatever.

I see you didnt understand my post. I dont care whether its a homage to 70-90s anime or if its making references to other anime, what I meant is that the content itself is bad for the reasons I stated in the previous page of this thread, and if this anime requires you to have rose-coloured nostalgia glasses on to enjoy it then its even worse.
Raziel1991Oct 11, 2013 11:39 AM
Oct 11, 2013 12:00 PM

Oct 2010
Dropped all because of Mako Mankanshoku. I can't take her any longer she annoys the shit out of me.
Oct 11, 2013 12:02 PM
Oct 2010
Raziel1991 said:

If this anime requires you to have rose-coloured nostalgia glasses on to enjoy it then its even worse.

Definitely not... some people like older style shows. I think overall you are missing the point of the show and thus not enjoying it (just my observation anyway). It honestly should have the parody tag attached to it but whatever, if you it's that bad to you maybe you should drop it? I did that with SnK when the pacing got too bad to ignore.
Oct 11, 2013 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
You see guys, you see what they do.

Tennis is a fucking MAN'S sport. This is why stereotypes exist. This is why I'll never go pro.
Oct 11, 2013 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
Raziel1991 said:
Zey said:
Raziel1991 said:
Kitchiri said:

Ehem, the first episode had references to Dezaki and Go Nagai (some of them VERY clear), hell, if you didn't notice, they are even using an artificial grain filter for the animation to make clear that this show is an homage to 70's-90's stuff. But whatever.

I see you didnt understand my post. I dont care whether its a homage to 70-90s anime or if its making references to other anime, what I meant is that the content itself is bad for the reasons I stated in the previous page of this thread, and if this anime requires you to have rose-coloured nostalgia glasses on to enjoy it then its even worse.
dude no one cares about your opinion anymore.
Oct 11, 2013 12:23 PM
Nov 2012
TheOtaco said:
Not gonna lie, I really liked this episode a lot. The OST is really shaping up to be awesome! Also did anyone else notice that the school looks a lot like a Uniform?

Yes! The school uniform's a very prominent theme but it definitely reminded me of one.

The show has been very entertaining, though I find the fan service to be a little bit excessive.
Oct 11, 2013 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
Sourire said:
Raziel1991 said:
Zey said:
Raziel1991 said:
Kitchiri said:

dude no one cares about your opinion anymore.

What? But I do. Oh no wait, I don't.
Oct 11, 2013 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
skudoops said:
Definitely not... some people like older style shows. I think overall you are missing the point of the show and thus not enjoying it (just my observation anyway). It honestly should have the parody tag attached to it but whatever, if you it's that bad to you maybe you should drop it? I did that with SnK when the pacing got too bad to ignore.

Can't agree more. Also tennis club captain is reference to Scopedog from Armored Trooper Votoms.
Oct 11, 2013 12:36 PM
Nov 2011
Raziel1991 said:
Zey said:
Raziel1991 said:
Kitchiri said:

I watch this show with my friends and my sister, they may not get the references because they don't watch much anime but they sure like the style (the filter, those sketchy stills, the artstyle, etc) and they still enjoy it (I may enjoy more because I get most of them). None of them complained about the fanservice, really.

If you don't like what this show delivers, instead of think "This show is bad, disgusting, whatever" you should think "This show isn't for me". Because, you see, a lot of people like it on this site, /a/, 2ch, NicoNico, etc. and is indeed one of the most popular shows for this season. I wouldn't say you have a bad opinion or you have bad taste, I can just say that if this show is not for you just drop it (because most likely those aspects you don't like will remain).
ZeyOct 11, 2013 12:41 PM
Oct 11, 2013 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
I uh
ok Trigger
we'll see where this goes
Oct 11, 2013 1:57 PM

Oct 2007
Raziel1991 said:
totoum said:
Raziel1991 said:

And thats exactly why I said in the second page of this thread that I find comedy in anime really bad

My point is that just because it doesn't make you laugh doesn't mean others can't find it funny.You're acting as if there's one unique formula to being funny and that if it doesn't follow it then it's bad.
I got quite a few laughs from this episode, from Mako not caring about getting hit by balls and continuing to talk,from the moment Senketsu didn't wake up and Ryuuko ran off again, from Satsuki keeping interrupting her subordinates from above, from the random poses the homeroom teacher took and more
all for fun.fun for all
Oct 11, 2013 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
Well, I've been thoroughly enjoying myself so far with this anime. Shame some of you don't feel the same.
Oct 11, 2013 2:33 PM

Mar 2011
totoum said:
Raziel1991 said:
totoum said:
Raziel1991 said:

My point is that just because it doesn't make you laugh doesn't mean others can't find it funny.You're acting as if there's one unique formula to being funny and that if it doesn't follow it then it's bad.
I got quite a few laughs from this episode, from Mako not caring about getting hit by balls and continuing to talk,from the moment Senketsu didn't wake up and Ryuuko ran off again, from Satsuki keeping interrupting her subordinates from above, from the random poses the homeroom teacher took and more

I was not trying to say its impossible for others to find it funny, what I wanted to say is that I personally dont find it funny, sorry if my posts were implying something else. I was simply stating my opinion of this show so far and I think I have the right to do that even if its a negative opinion. I just kept posting on this thread because people kept quoting my posts. And with this I think Im done posting here
Oct 11, 2013 3:04 PM

Jul 2013
The tennis skirt lol
Oct 11, 2013 3:50 PM

Dec 2011
That tennis match was so fun. Ahahaha. I didn't expect that Kiryuuin has a Kamui uniform too, which is the reason why she is not wearing a Goku one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2013 4:20 PM

Oct 2011
OMG dat Tennis Skirt!!!!

I wonder if the other club members will this ridiculous
Oct 11, 2013 4:41 PM

May 2012
THe OP was so good. one of the best this season
Oct 11, 2013 4:45 PM

Mar 2013
I'm really interested in that dog in the hoody. I need to know more about guts.

http://i.imgur.com/hSXx9RA.gif
meditate on bass weight.
Oct 11, 2013 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was.... pretty cool!
more information about the kamui was given, which is pretty helpful.
i'm still not too keen about all of the fanservice that the anime throws out though :/
but it looks like she'll have to keep fighting club captains until she can defeat female hitler heh
damn that teacher is hot and they glorify it and i love it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2013 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
The first episode was ok, this one was bad.
I can't stand fanservice, too bad, the anime could be good without it.
Oct 11, 2013 6:10 PM

Sep 2011
I really don't know what to think of this. I'm not bothered by the fanservice (don't care about it really), so that's not the issue. Hell, as long as I can keep my brain on autopilot, this is actually quite entertaining. Problems start when that stops working and I just stare at the screen with a blank expression in a "what the hell am I watching?" fashion. And indeed I have no idea. I can't get a grip on what's happening because it's going WAY too fast.

As of now, this is a dumb, but relatively entertaining series for me. Having awesome OST and trippy visuals most certainly helps a lot. And ~25 mins/week is perfectly enough of this. I sure as hell wouldn't grind it. Still, unless the series shows some signs of an actually ongoing plot, I'll eventually drop this.
Oct 11, 2013 6:28 PM

May 2013
Catservice/10. AOTY.
Oct 11, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2008
this show..meh
Oct 11, 2013 7:48 PM
May 2013
From what I saw on next ep's preview, the design on Satsuki's Kamui seems interesting...somewhat aristocratic while still being beyond awesome.
Oct 11, 2013 8:38 PM
Feb 2010
This felt like Trigger's reply to all of the Japanese Otaku who didn't like the non-fanservice nature of Little Witch Acadamia. It was a little disturbing, especially when the teacher decided to start striping for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.
Oct 11, 2013 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
Love the episode :D the humor and actions are blended so well together :D
Oct 11, 2013 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
Another good episode, still loving that battle outfit.
Oct 11, 2013 9:42 PM

Nov 2012
So much action I love it

DAFUQ is up with the teacher though(not the shady part, the stripping part)
Oct 11, 2013 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
Balls to the face like a boss.
Oct 11, 2013 10:02 PM
May 2013
One of the targets that the tennis club captain broke through was shaped like Hokkaido (northenmost of the 4 main islands of Japan) which her club was supposed to go against.

Also, it's fishy that Isshin (Ryuko's dad) had an eyepatch on his right eye and Senketsu's right eye seems damaged.
Oct 11, 2013 10:32 PM

Apr 2013
This gets you drawn in like crazy. lovin it
Oct 11, 2013 11:03 PM
Dec 2012
Another first-class episode. Poor Mako's dad called hentai. lol I really like Ryuuko. Her duel with Satsuki was awesome. She is cool and autonomous. Also I like VA of Ryuuko. It really fits the character. I like her character design (including so many facial expressions) as well. I laughed at her facial expression during getting blood drawn. Cute! Her talking uniform was funny. What a dad she has! lol

I liked Satsuki's rationale behind their use of school uniforms as combat jackets. Until watching the episode, I had wondered why characters often wore school uniforms in many battle anime. Now it was dispelled. That towering building reminded me of a tower from Utena.

The tennis match scene reminded me of Aim for the Ace. It was nicely done animation-wise. I was surprised today's creators successfully drew that kind of retro-style art. Thinking today's creators used to modern art style as their daily work, I guess it was not easy. Kudos to the creator! I don't think it's their nostalgic longing for good old days. Power and intense of the show would have been dampened if it had been a modern art style. They went back to grass roots of anime to restore vitality.

OP lacks a WOW factor for this kind of powerful show IMO. Wish the OP was something like OP of WataMote. But maybe I will get used to it soon. I like ED, which I think describes Ryuuko's desire very well. ED suggests she wants to live a normal life just like other school girls do though her current life is full of trials and tribulations.

Time did fly fast when I was watching the episode. It's the basis of anime as entertainment. The show is full of high points, and everything flows naturally. Amazing
Oct 12, 2013 12:27 AM

Feb 2010
girls give fanservice: omg naked girl sooo bad, y dey do dis?!

guys give fanservice: haha dis so funneh, gud job!

the hypocritical BS stemming from all you bitches is incredible -.-
Please Click My Kawaii Dragons!!
Oct 12, 2013 12:41 AM
Oct 12, 2013 1:06 AM

Oct 2009
That was so awesome!!!!!! Man i am loving this, so many delicious scenes and that dam OST!! Can't wait for next week!
Oct 12, 2013 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
This is soo weird and funny ahha.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 12, 2013 4:10 AM

Nov 2012
cool..
ryuuko is really sexy XD
damn that outfit really make me PUMP! XD
btw about the tennis.. since when tennis became like that lol :P
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.