Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 12, 2013 9:11 PM

Mar 2013
The animation is great and the characters are interesting :)
The powers they have are especially cool!!
Oct 13, 2013 1:49 PM

Feb 2010
AngelsArcanum said:
Glad they will redo Thorny Path, that was one of my favourite arcs in the manga so far. I think this re-imagining of the series can really help trim some of the weaker arcs or rewrite them to be more sound, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping Tsuki no Naku and Hoshi no Umi fit in smoothly and if possible I hope we see a sequel in the future so we can get all of YQ animated.
Nikorin said:
SalmonSandwich said:
so first time watching the Yozakura Quartet series, liked the first epsiode of hana no uta so wondering do I have watch the other series? read the manga? anything to catch up if I have to ^^.

You should watch Hoshi no Umi OVA it was really good :3
I heard that it's a prequel to this series but I didn't see Zakuro in this episode QwQ!!

This episode is original material to hint at Hana no Uta which will presumably be the last arc of this adaptation while introducing the lead cast, so they rewrote it to take place before Zakuro is exorcised and Hoshi no Umi will take place somewhere in here although I'm not sure if they will incorporate the OVA into the broadcast or they will redo it again, but yeah.

oh so they are going to do a thorny path that explains why hime is still pretending to be human :|
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 14, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
HUUUMMMM... i don´t know what to expect, im a little doubtful about this anime.
I didn´t like the beginning but it ended in a decent way.
Im giving it a try until a cant see it anymore xD
Oct 14, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2010
i'm very glad that my favorite anime is back but disappointed that they changed drawing style, characters etc...
asobouOct 14, 2013 10:40 PM
Oct 14, 2013 11:09 PM

Feb 2010
n__n said:
i'm very glad that my favorite anime is back but disappointed that they changed drawing style, characters etc...
it was a manga before it was an anime and the first anime screwed up :| this is how the characters are in the manga
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 14, 2013 11:20 PM

Aug 2010
hazerddex said:
n__n said:
it was a manga before it was an anime and the first anime screwed up :| this is how the characters are in the manga

in manga they pictured in the same way as in first anime, what are you talking about?
Oct 15, 2013 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
n__n said:
hazerddex said:
n__n said:

in manga they pictured in the same way as in first anime, what are you talking about?

You would be correct in the matter of the art style being more accurate to the manga. As for personal preference, due to the really muddy colour palette of the original TV series and the iffy animation, I personally prefer the new version's look more.
Oct 16, 2013 3:56 AM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
dragonlight said:
hazerddex said:
the person who wrotie the manga also did the character designs for durarara
I thought the character designs seemed familiar.
Ah, that explains a lot. I thought I knew that coat with the fur lining from somewhere.

I noticed this too. Touka looks like Anri but without glasses.
Plus the eye designs are similar to DRRR! as well.

cyborgneko999 said:
kill la kill prob has the best animation this season.

No, Kuroko no Basuke 2 and Kyoukai no Kanata are dominating in terms of animation. Also Strike the Blood as well.

Also OP at 1:34, guy holds red vending machine. Reference to Shizuo Heiwajima of durarara!

Excellent goldfish, animation pretty wild. Story seems fast paced/rushing since I didn't see previous works. Maybe the action's enough to keep watching.
Oct 16, 2013 9:02 PM
May 2012
Pretty cool, looks good. The music is nice as well. Might enjoy this one so sticking on to this.
Oct 17, 2013 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty weird shit. And the art feels half-CGI for some reason.
It's kinda enjoyable though and... it's a shounen. /hate
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 19, 2013 12:31 AM

Mar 2008
great start
Oct 19, 2013 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
every one had a change of character design for sure, Hime looks so different than the alternative version. On this new series all characters look more young, and moe like kids... but on the alternate version Hime looks just like in the manga and she look more mature teenage 18+? with a tsundere image and big bust and legs. Same as Kotoha and Ao.

That aside, the animation is pretty neat imo.
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Oct 21, 2013 8:14 AM

Apr 2011
Seems more like a fan-service festival...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 23, 2013 3:09 AM

Oct 2009
n__n said:

I'm dissapointed about the drastic change to Kotoha design and personality.. she was lots crazier in the previous version..
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 5, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

While not pleasing me to reboot for the change of chara, I found the first strangely to my taste, perhaps because of the collective. If I am not mistaken even animations that are passing by Nomad at Tatsunoko improved! * _ *
I find the first episode entertaining and also intriguing, those who have seen the old series, will notice immediately that diversity are evident here. A little sorry for the moe that there was in the old and seemed more mature girls who do not here them. However, I was surprised because I did not get bored.
Let's see how it will behave in the future, perhaps for an emotional, I exaggerated a bit with the voting! Anyways, at the end I gave only one point more ...! Teehee! : P
terrablu2003Nov 5, 2013 9:18 AM
Nov 14, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
I didn't watch the original series of Yozakura but this was a good start and the animation looks nice ^_^
Nov 19, 2013 3:03 PM

Jun 2011
Whoaaa, this is like a dream come true :D

Unlike the somewhat failed original TV anime (it wasn't horrible but it was a real failure compared to manga), this one is looking really good ^^
The OVA kinda disappointed me as well because it was so short and the time frame of it was really illogical considering the manga's story :S

Yes yes, I'm so looking forward to this ^^ Maybe this will even become one of my favorites this season
I'm so excited *doki doki* :3 The OP and ED were quite decent as well ^^

Oooh! No wonder Durarara seemed so damn familiar! :D
Pyr0Nov 19, 2013 3:12 PM
Dec 9, 2013 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
EA105 said:
I'm surprised no one licensed this series yet in the U.S.
yeah i agree, is a shame i which there was a dub of this so i can watch it, seen some pictures and they look good.
Jan 8, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty for a start
Since a long time ago... I already planned to watch 1st YQ anime (2008)
What's the different? Remake?
"Signature removed"
Jan 26, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really know what the heck was happening in that episode... Giant fish attack?? What kind of terrorism is that xD

So there is human and demon living in a city and the mayor of that town is a teenager. I just don't get a shit for now.

It was kinda obvious that the little girl wasn't normal, they wouldn't have putted so much importance if not.

The main characters look interresting. Ahhh the cat ear fetisher will delight with that cat-girl xD
Also, it look from the preview that the guy that was throwing lighting is related to her, maybe her father?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 27, 2014 2:06 AM

Aug 2013
I watched the 2008 YQ a long time ago but dropped it (forgot the reason why I did lol) so I have at least a slight understanding of the setting and who the characters are. Good intro episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 10, 2014 2:59 AM

Aug 2010
So, now we have pantyshots every second minute and the character design that makes the cast look like 6 year-old kids fooling around and this is an improvement? For now I vastly prefer the first iteration. 3/5.
May 20, 2014 6:57 AM

May 2012
Pretty sweet start I must say, but looks like this is a retelling of the whole story not that I mind as this sure captured my interest more than the first version so let's see what will happen next!
Jul 15, 2014 6:04 AM

Jan 2012
shit's retarded.. even some fanservice won't save this

let's see how this pans out
Nov 11, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good first episode.... This could be a nice surprising series :)
Dec 29, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2014
I never saw the original but this remake seems interesting enough. I can't say that the nekomimi girl isn't cute but panty shots in the first episode? hehe lol. I also quite like the characters they seem pretty unique and not your usual stock characters. Good start for me at least.
Apr 8, 2015 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
That was a lot better than I expected, I should've seen it sooner :/
Apr 12, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
That budget, wow. Hoping for more ridiculous action and ecchi greatness.
May 8, 2015 1:42 AM

Feb 2013
Yes! It looks like this continues right after the Yozakura Quartet: Hoshi no Umi. Great start! Much better than the first Yozakura Quartet anime. I'm really starting to like this animation style over the other. Lots of more panty shots than the original. This anime doesn't really need them but oh well.

Didn't expect Lily to be a witch. Dat mini transformation sequence. She's hot and looks dangerous.

Look's like this is gonna be good.
May 8, 2016 6:31 PM

Mar 2014
Everything is pretty fit in .. that's why its looking pretty good ~ :D
I might be also good for the entire series .. just a nice contemplation ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2016 11:30 PM

Aug 2012
-For some reason this show drew me in
-The art style's pretty... unique. I don't know exactly what's different about it but I can sense that it's different from the other shows I've watched
-Scarf girl seems the bets out of all of them so far. Her voice is pretty great and I like the character design.
-The first scene at the lost children tent was actually really adorable
-The scene where Ao first meets Lily had a ton of charm in it
-Touka trying to calm down the people at the festival was also fairly hilarious
-There's the standard team effort to introduce the identities of the main characters. I tend to like this kind of stuff
-The scene in the credits before Lily leaves with her parents and is staring at the main girls in amazement was too adorable
-Turns out Lily is a villain or something but it still didn't make that one scene in the credits any less adorable

This was actually a pretty great first episode, but nothing much happened other than introductory material, so I don't have an overall opinion of the direction of the show yet. There were a bunch of cute and charming moments, though.

I also liked the ED theme a lot better than the OP.
Nov 19, 2016 8:13 PM

Mar 2015
Ahhhhhh, UNISON SQUARE GARDEN!!!! I love this song!!! It delivers my fangasm.

This series is on equivalent with the OVA. Animation quality is exactly the same and it improved.
I didnt expect a panchira, oh well.

I loved the part where Sakura mochi is still on Ao head, thats so adorable <3

Goldfish fighting scene animation is great. I really enjoyed.

Nomad is best at art style while Tatsunoko is best at story composition.

4.8/5
Aug 17, 2018 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
Is this show trying to aim for the most panty shots in one episode? We get one in the first 20 seconds. YUCK. DISGUSTING.

Luckily, this show has great animation and super loud bassy sounds, so I'll keep watching.
Oct 4, 2019 1:53 PM

Jun 2015
This was interesting. Actually this may turn out to be more awesome than I expected.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 17, 2023 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
beast and humans so maybe beast vs humans will happen

the sakuga is nice on this one very cool
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 29, 2013

75 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

65 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 1, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.