Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 30, 2013 11:00 AM

Sep 2009
omg.. so that's the real Murasame! O.O
He's so big and LOL, amazing!! :D

I want to see more of this series, y'know!
I want to see more of Kaname and Shino's past >_________<
Sep 30, 2013 11:01 AM
Jan 2011
One word for this anime, GAY!
Sep 30, 2013 11:30 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Bokunahimi said:

P.S. I plan to read the manga.. I hope to have my questions answered... Does anyone know if the manga had ended at the same place or continued or had another plot? If so, which chapter did the manga start to differ?

Hm well the main plot started to differ after the whole tengu business, so I guess I would say the anime deviated starting from chapter 42. However they still did some scenes from the later chapters too, and idk if you're planning to read it, might as well read everything because they skipped a lot of things like certain chapters and details as well as changed how some things went down, although they weren't drastic changes or anything. There's also this one character that they didn't introduce in the anime, and I can't remember which chapter that was. If you're planning to read it English though there aren't many chapters that are translated so far :/ unless you're fluent on Japanese or Chinese. But anyways the manga hasn't really answered many questions at all yet, unfortunately.
Sep 30, 2013 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
Nasty001 said:

WTF?!
Sep 30, 2013 1:20 PM
May 2013
I will miss this serie so much, the story, the characters ... hope it will be a season 3. Even tough I don't think so.
Pandora hearts broke my heart
Sep 30, 2013 1:51 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
great season 9/10 . Really nice way to end it.

Anime gave me similar feel of Hiiro no Kakera
Sep 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Feb 2012
Great way to end an awesome season, even tho Ao's change of heart was kinda forced.

They again somehow left the ending out on the open, we can only hope for S3.
Sep 30, 2013 3:21 PM

Oct 2011
Throughout this episode I thought Satomi and/or Sousuke/Ao was gonna die protecting Shino T______T. My feels are all over the place.

I was hoping for Dousetsu to help out. Same with Daikaku and maybe Akeno during Murasame's rampage.

I will miss this series TwT

Prays for a season 3!!!!

Sep 30, 2013 5:38 PM
May 2012
I guess NOBODY seems to answer my last questions...

I'm really pissed right now of what just happened. FML....

Other questions:-

What about Hazuki?! What happened to him then?! Did he just dissappeared all of the sudden?!
JafriZinSep 30, 2013 5:59 PM
Sep 30, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
I really liked this series a lot, even though I found it by mere accident ^_^
I hope they will continue it in the manga, or maybe if lucky, attempt to get a third season (though slim chances >~<).
Really great, 7.5 for this season, 8 for the whole series~
Sep 30, 2013 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
JeffreyZin said:

What about Hazuki?! What happened to him then?! Did he just dissappeared all of the sudden?!

It is possible he disappeared with the Princess. I really doubt the Princess is dead. She probably escaped. It's a mere speculation and I have nothing to back it up.

The ending of Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun is quite a cliffhanger. Even though they had a 'The End' in the last scenes, the ending they created allowed them for a Season 3 if they desire.

Overall, it was a nice and warmth ending.
Sep 30, 2013 9:05 PM

Aug 2012
Not bad for anime original I guess, better than I expected it to turn out based off the last episode. They at least managed to incorporate past events to show the growth of Shino and Sousuke's friendship. I'm okay with that, and am certainly glad with how open they left it. I dunno how much manga material they have left, but either way a third season would be unlikely. I'm hoping maybe a movie to really wrap it up once the manga's ended. If K can get a movie, Hakkenden sure as hell can

I'm definitely left hungry for more development/resolution to the whole past with Satomi and how Shino went from him to Sousuke and Hamaji, as well as his connection with Tamazusa. I like the theory someone had that they could be her sons reincarnated.

Also I need more answers on Sou/Ao obviously. Kinda sucks how many mysteries were presented and went unresolved, though if the manga hasn't even resolved them yet it can't really be helped. I really hope the anime's end spawns a demand for scanlation groups to pick it up, I'll be checking up on it for sure.

Even with the open end leaving me wanting much more, I never expected to get so invested in the anime. I picked the first season up on a whim and really enjoyed most of it. That scene with Shino reverting to his real age is the most memorable of the series for me, and it's too bad we didn't get to see it again. And when the second season was announced I already knew it would be one of my summer favorites. I'd say it delivered, even with the underwhelming ending.

Nasty001 said:
the fuck did you sit through two seasons of it for then?
Sep 30, 2013 9:54 PM

Dec 2011
Sigh...I was looking forward to seeing an 18 year-old Shino again but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer T^T
I really loved this season and this episode. The art was great as always and while it was a little cliche towards the ending, I still found myself crying because I'm way too emotional about anime. I really love Shino and Sousuke as a duo and loved the flashback ^^

Overall this series doesn't seem to be finished yet so I'm looking forward to another season. If they do continue the series I think it would be cool to incorporate more of Shino's past with Riou and overall. And seeing more 18 year-old Shino wouldn't be bad ^^ The art is fantastic and the story is great. I love the characters and everything else about it. 9/10
Sep 30, 2013 9:57 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Barion-Zara said:

Loved the OST (ED?) at the end. Anyone know the name?

It's 久遠の旅路, the first song of the first CD of the first season's OST (not even sure if there's going to be a second season OST but yeah). I recommend you get the whole soundtrack because it's beautiful ^^
Sep 30, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2013
Alright ending.
6.5/10
Don't know how it could have ended to make me like it more. Just uninteresting in it
Oct 1, 2013 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
This season was much better than the previous. Especially the story and the characters. I got emotional in many scenes and the ''lol'' moments were also there.

I hope there is a S3 sometime in the future.

9/10

tingy said:
Barion-Zara said:

Loved the OST (ED?) at the end. Anyone know the name?

It's 久遠の旅路, the first song of the first CD of the first season's OST (not even sure if there's going to be a second season OST but yeah). I recommend you get the whole soundtrack because it's beautiful ^^

Thanks for the info. I loved the song in the end and I was wondering if I can listen to it somewhere ^^
Oct 1, 2013 8:25 AM

May 2011
Intense with everything going down at the same time when they got their powers back. Murasame breaking loose was awesome. I wasn't even entirely certain Sousuke wouldn't die again by the end. D:
Oct 1, 2013 8:30 AM

Oct 2011
This anime is such a gem. No pun intended. Once in a while, an anime comes along that is so special to my heart, I feel so much joy when watching it. And this was it.

Every character is great. I don't think I dislike any of them. The brotherly relationship between Shino and Sosuke is so sweet. And the story and music are compelling. This ending gave an opening for a season 3 and I hope it happens.
Oct 1, 2013 2:51 PM
Mar 2013
makes me wonder if there will ever be season 3 (doubt)
i expected more fight but instead we got Murasame going crazy and was first time to see entired image of his true form
there r bunch of questions like who was that blonde woman, Shino memories didnt return all and they didnt show either. Somehow it ends where is started and gives a feeling of nothing happened lol
Oct 2, 2013 1:37 AM
Aug 2011
Ah so once again it ends with several loose ends untied.

It was a good season but it also felt a bit lackluster.
Though in this case if this show was a person I would say "It's not you...it's me." (and now I sound like i'm breaking up with it ._.)

Anyway, this season was so visually beautiful.
It looked like BD material and not an airing TV material.

Deen has really done some fine work in that aspect here. I had to double-take because their past works that i've seen from them haven't exactly had the best visuals.

I'm still very much on board for another season if it ever comes our way.
Oct 2, 2013 4:20 AM

May 2010
Dat cliche ending didn't have a wow factor at all, the rest of the series is so amazing so disappointed a bit. I really loved that bro moment between Shino and Rio. Quite an open end, way too open tbh. I thought it was going to get a 10 from me, but I guess I will have to do with a 9 for now. Anyways, this season was SOOOO much better than the first one, like totally epic and awesome overall. 9/10, and heck yes for a 3rd season!
Oct 3, 2013 3:35 PM
Oct 2008
It was fun watching this series. Lots of Bromance scenes =]
Bromance - Shounen ai - Yaoi
This was definitely bromance xD

The ending was kinda.. dunno.. left some hints for season 3 or maybe a movie..
I hope they will make a 3rd season! D:<
Oct 3, 2013 8:05 PM

Jun 2012
Well how the princess was overcome was kind of unusual and not that epic, but the rest of the episode was pretty good.
That ending soundtrack was so good. t reminded me of Skyrim xD not that I'm obsessed over it, but the way it sounded.

Great series, although it was more about the journey than a kind of series that leads up to something. It is for sure an 8/10, if not an 8.5 or 9 (will consider).

I will really miss it, but you know, like Fenegan said, Well, now I'll just have to come up with another plan, no?", so I guess a better translation might have been "Well, now I'll just have to come up with another season, no?, and there you go. I hope to see you all again, someday.

Oct 5, 2013 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
PLEASE NEW SEASON. IF THATS THE FINAL ENDING I WON'T BE ABLE TO LIVE.
Oct 5, 2013 11:51 PM

Aug 2013
I smell a third season xD
Oct 6, 2013 10:16 PM
Apr 2011
The Ost Is really nice, Over all Season 2 wasnt Sluggish like Season 1 was pretty enjoyable tell the end, Satomi is the brother Shino have in his dreams holding his hands hmm , Liked the series they wrapped it up in a pretty way, They leaved some space for another season still questionable though because it's like the same mission but ofc we wanna know what it would the end be like for Ao & Sousuke who are the same person ;) . gg 8/10 overall
Oct 8, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2007
What subs are you guys watching this at? The subs i can find are [Deadfish] [Anime-Koe] only released like 2 episodes.

Jan 14, 2014 5:21 AM
May 2012
I don't know what the hell just happened but, Tamazusa-hime didn't die. She just.... disappeared.
Feb 1, 2014 8:39 PM

Mar 2010
Horrible! I am disappointed! "THE END" hell , whats up with the open ending then.?

So much potential ............ uh , nevermind its been an enjoyable series of 13 episodes , 6/10 , what a very fine anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 7:44 AM

Jul 2010
I'm so sad it's over, it's one of the most likeable series I've seen in a long time. Story wise there were some weak points but that can't be helped with a manga thast's still ongoing. The visuals were sutnning, perfect ost and Shino is a great main character :)

I do wonder what'll happen with Ao in the future though, he seemed to genuinly care for Shino's well-being and I wonder if he's not going to disappear now that the bead has chosen Sosuke again?

Anyway even though I expected an open ending with the manga is still ongoing and all I'm a bit disappointed with the ending, I expected a bit more of a bang... :) However with an ending I sure as hell hope they'll start a 3rd season once there's enough manga material. Does anyone know how well this is selling/sold in Japan? And how the manga is doing as well?
Apr 30, 2014 4:23 AM

Apr 2014
i want...more..
This too shall pass...
Nov 27, 2014 8:52 PM
Aug 2014
Not bad to watch, but there is definitely too many supporting characters. I wonder what happened to the gold eyed prostitute, all we know is that she fed on her friend. Too bad the manga translation is still at volume 5 out of 14.

8/10
Jan 4, 2015 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
Abrupt ending....kinda ruined the whole season to be honest...was doing well too..

derprume said:
Not bad to watch, but there is definitely too many supporting characters. I wonder what happened to the gold eyed prostitute, all we know is that she fed on her friend. Too bad the manga translation is still at volume 5 out of 14.

8/10

She died didn't she? She was dying of an illness...Ao made a contract with her in order to gain her eyes, her end of the bargain was that her life would be extended another week....which ends with her at the church.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 1, 2015 10:07 PM

Sep 2008
Venom900 said:
Abrupt ending....kinda ruined the whole season to be honest...was doing well too..

derprume said:

8/10

She died didn't she? She was dying of an illness...Ao made a contract with her in order to gain her eyes, her end of the bargain was that her life would be extended another week....which ends with her at the church.

she was killed by Shino to die as a human and not a demon.
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Jun 12, 2015 4:05 PM

Apr 2014
I knew the end was going to be something like this...totally unsatisfying. There needs to be a season 3 ! ;_;
Jan 29, 2016 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
Rewatched and omg the ending is pure shit wtf. XD I'm just going to imagine a different one in my head lmao.
Apr 11, 2016 3:13 PM
Apr 2016
I will be re-watching this series again very shortly, hopefully by the end of next week ^^
Jul 1, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
That's itttttt?

I really enjoyed this anime, especially this season but it isn't over yet... or is it? That end "battle" was so unsatisfying and lacking (referring to Tamazusa's part in all of it).

Besides that there are other things that are clearly just swept under the rug. Like, Tamazusa clearly walked away and is still alive somewhere, so... what now? Also Ao is still gonna keep on doing what he's been doing. They coulda did something like merge him with Sosuke or some kind of resolution or what-not? And there's still all the unconfirmed stuff about Shino's past. (Screw Satomi's "It is not the past that matters, but what lies ahead," I wanted [expected] actual answers!) There's also the lack of information about Fennegan and his sister. I mean, who are they really and what does he have to do with Shino's mother/his past?

Ugh... there are still so many questions left. Not to mention the biggest mystery of them all: What exactly is MEGU?! I was actually expecting(/hoping) he'd have more of a significance and make a bigger impact towards the end. Lol He's still cute though <3

Anyway, I just rant and let all my frustrations out. I still definitely enjoyed this anime though (both seasons)... just wish it had a better ending. :P I suppose I'll just go read the manga~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Aug 15, 2018 3:57 PM

Oct 2015
Shino was able to resist the water and able to suppress Murasame, all thank to Sosuke. It kinda remind me of the nine tail beast on Naruto when it went berserk in Konoha, especially when it fired in the mouth.

The ending didn't satisfy me, I felt the pointlessness of the villain which was in this case, the princess. She had no significant presence in the show even in the end she got away, I thought that was lame. As for Aoi, I was disappointed he didn't get the justice and Sosuke getting his shadow or head back. As for Shino, when will he finally grow up for real physically? I wish Hamaji had an impact too in the story.

I'm too lazy to read the manga, but I'll try, 8/10 though and hope for season 3 in the future even if its 2018 now.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 24, 2019 12:52 PM
Nov 2017
The emotions!
Shino and Sou and Ao got me thinking hard.
Still would've been cool to watch a bit more fighting and more drama, it felt too hasty.
Beautiful anime and beautiful story, I'd love to see a new season coming up soon. <3
Feb 5, 2020 6:24 AM
May 2016
I wanted to see shino get to know about his brother in a better way than what happened also I thought shino would be able to grow up again 💔 the anime is so awesome I loved it but plot holes makes me a bit sad & the ending is too not satisfying so without a season 3 I'll cry
Jun 28, 2021 10:45 AM

Jan 2021
I want a season 3 so bad now!!T-T
Apr 4, 2023 9:24 AM
Apr 2023
ı am fusojhi dakara
Apr 12, 2023 7:32 AM
Dec 2021
ok. finite generated.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

25 by Ventus_S »»
Sep 29, 2023 1:54 PM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2013

30 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 28, 2021 10:35 AM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2013

27 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 28, 2021 10:28 AM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

24 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 28, 2021 10:28 AM

Poll: » Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 25, 2013

64 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 28, 2021 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.