Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
i can see on next week september 28, 2013, me crying for at least 30 minuets because it's the last episode. i hope they gonna make season two on next year's summer tho. can't wait till next week, i hope it ends on a cliff hanger tho. just so we know that there's gonna be season 2
Sep 21, 2013 6:42 PM

Jun 2009
i love this anime's music. Especially the part where the FT steps on the two guys at the end of the tunnel. Oh God, and Jean mentioning Marco. I don't even remember what happened in the manga but this was amazing!
I'm pretty sure we will get a second season..
Sep 21, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
Anyone know the OST played during Erens transformation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgwC7vVn_5A
[center]
Sep 21, 2013 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
sick742 said:
wtf! >:
i guess there's no chance for annie x eren now :(

There never was

Mikasa was making sure this episode...
Sep 21, 2013 6:46 PM

May 2009
Takashi981 said:
Oh God, and Jean mentioning Marco.
More Jean is always good. I like how he has gotten more focus in the anime.
Sep 21, 2013 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
My criticism is simply what I expected it to be. The episode dragged out exactly what we knew was gonna happen

For a moment SnK turned into a really generic shonen. The struggle to overcome an internal obstacle that lasts for the entirety of the episode. The flashbacks didn't really give us insight into anything new. Armin didn't even have any legit evidence for Annie being the FT. The stuff he highlighted in 23 was literally all he had...

At least that's it. No more hiding behind loose episodes, they have to conclude here. This anime makes me crazy because it's once a week and can move at the pace of a snail when it wants
Sep 21, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2012
Am I the only one thinking Eren is about to pull a sasuke uchiha after watching the last 5-7 mins of the episode and especially after than next episode preview? Also will the last episode be an extended episode or something because it wouldn't make much sense to air a 20 min episode in the theaters.
Sep 21, 2013 6:50 PM
Apr 2013
Lol Eren reminds me of Tsuna, goes epic when they have "kakugo" and weak ass if not.
Sep 21, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2009
sasukefan38 said:
Also will the last episode be an extended episode or something because it wouldn't make much sense to air a 20 min episode in the theaters.
I've heard that it will be slightly extended but have never seen any source on this. They're not just showing the episode in theaters, but also having an event where the director, producers, manga editor and voice actors will hold a discussion.
Sep 21, 2013 6:56 PM

Dec 2012
I've got no source either. It'd just make sense. I'm trying to picture airing something in cinema for 20 minutes... even film previews last longer than that in most cases

And that last quote on the Preview. Looks like Eren's gonna go bad. That'd be a cool twist
Sep 21, 2013 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
EPIC OMG
Sep 21, 2013 7:05 PM
Jul 2013
Just actually watched the episode, no complains, it was epic.

We got a lot of faces for this episode though:

• Mikasa's yandere face

• Hanji's "you don't fuck with me" face

• Mikasa's sleeping beauty face when she was injured <3 (HNNNG)

• Eren's monster face (Damn son.)
Sep 21, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
dimsumftw said:
Jesus that budget.

Pretty sum up the whole episode.
Sep 21, 2013 7:09 PM

Apr 2012
Hanji and Mikasa rape face are the highlights of the episode XD

Sep 21, 2013 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
FUCK that was a good episode. Amazing animation and soundtrack, thank you Based Production I.G, Tetsurou Araki and Sawano Hiroyuki
Sep 21, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
The soundtrack when the titan shifters transform are awesome! I don't even notice there's a filler until I come here because the episode is just great as ever.

Since the final episode will air at the theater, I wonder if it will be extra long.

Sep 21, 2013 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
This anime should be aired everyday. 1 episode left :(

Jan 2013
HOLY FAKKKKKKK, one more to go !! MANNN, it's going to be one epic cliffhanger. This shit keeps raising the bar with every episode MY GAWD.

Jun 2012
Mikasa is so creepy.

The ugly truth: http://i.imgur.com/WboiuA5.png
Shoot first, think never.
Sep 21, 2013 7:16 PM

Jun 2013
awesome episode..!! and it was sad to see only Eren and Levi in the old castle..
"Sometimes I wish I was just a cloud, floating along..!"
Sep 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Only one more episode left. Wonder how they're going to finish this series up also fingers crossed for a second season in the near near future.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 21, 2013 7:22 PM

Nov 2007
I don't get it why people are complaining about the filler for the episode. You can always crop the video to your liking and enjoy your 5 minutes or so episode of SnK ungrateful bitches.
Sep 21, 2013 7:23 PM

May 2013
Holy crap, dying waiting for next episode.

Eren biting his hand looked painful as hell and as expected annie got out of that trap.
Sep 21, 2013 7:29 PM
Oct 2011
Shangetsu said:
dimsumftw said:
Jesus that budget.

Sums up the whole anime, frankly. Despite looking better than the manga, animation quality is not its strong point.
Sep 21, 2013 7:31 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Eren vs Annie Round 2. Mikasa was badass as usual and I love the way they animated the people moving around in their maneuver gear.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 21, 2013 7:31 PM
Jan 2008
Eren burden again. Because of him people have to die.
Sep 21, 2013 7:35 PM

Aug 2011
Hrodulf said:
Shangetsu said:
dimsumftw said:
Jesus that budget.

Sums up the whole anime, frankly. Despite looking better than the manga, animation quality is not its strong point.

... You're joking right? You didn't see the amazing animation this episode? Minus a couple of episodes with QUALITY art, the animation has been consistently amazing where it counts.
LaciieSep 21, 2013 7:40 PM
Sep 21, 2013 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
Laciie said:
Hrodulf said:
Shangetsu said:
dimsumftw said:
Jesus that budget.

... You're joking right? You didn't see the amazing animation this episode?

Some scene are very well animated but it came at the cost of some other badly animated scene that you probably did not notice much because you were reading the subs.
Sep 21, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2012
I liked the cat.
http://puu.sh/4x6Fy.jpg
Sep 21, 2013 7:47 PM
Apr 2013
THE FACE EKKK!!!!
Omg that Eren transformation scene was amazing. The whole fight was great. Except for the super talking few episodes that they dragged out, this anime even surpassed the amazing source material. The action scenes are great and Annie's laugh will go down in history

Jun 2007
Hrodulf said:
Shangetsu said:
dimsumftw said:
Jesus that budget.

The irony here is that the guy quoted first, along with nearly everyone else in this thread, are more than likely PRAISING the budget/animation. It's making me question the eyesight of others when it troubled me on monitor; me, who's usually blind to such things. Some of the movement looked smooth, granted, but most motion was offset by either a lack of fluidity or being poorly drawn. It'd be an embarrassment on a theater screen so I hope money/care was put aside for the grand finale.

As for the filler/part of my message Static quoted (Armin running by Annie's foot): it was braindead action. Braindead and out of character, to be more precise. You had the most useless soldier physically in Armin getting close to Annie, after she'd previously oneshot'd people with ease; cowardly Jean attacking Annie's neck after seeing how successful that was for Reiner; some dudes doing a WTF aerial hand-grab maneuver... everything filler required the deactivation of brain from eyes to be enjoyed. I mean, Annie's been shown to be an incredibly fast/agile man-killing machine that only Mikasa or Levi can deal with - the best of the best - and in this ep she was too slow/stupid to deal with anyone. There's also the small matter of 'Erendere' Mikasa not doing her 'fuck everyone else' thing the amount Eren got filler-penetrated.

I really don't get it. Ep22 was mostly filler but that was also relatively well done. Ep23 had some bad but ignorable filler which was offset by Annie's reveal. Ep24 was outright ruined by filler layered throughout the episode. It's as if action without intelligence added is enough to please most people...
Apr 2013
Wallace93 said:
I liked the cat.
http://puu.sh/4x6Fy.jpg

The cat was like I dont give a hoot that a titan is rampaging XD
The next grumpy cat?
Sep 21, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
The last 5 minutes are epic.
Amazing ep with great animation.. WOW.
Sep 21, 2013 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
Krissirk said:
Only one more episode left. Wonder how they're going to finish this series up also fingers crossed for a second season in the near near future.

>fingers crossed for a second season
>fingers crossed
I will sacrifice a lamb to God for a second season
Sep 21, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2013
lots of opinions here but.....

HOLY CRAP THAT EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dat action.
Dat ost.
This was waaayyyy more than i expected. At first Eren was pissing me off, but in the end it was worth it. XD Mikasa was also really creepy o.o but her epic fighting skills made up for it. Sucks that Levi was out of action though TToTT Seeing them alone in the castle was heartbreaking.......
Sep 21, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2012
Yo Annie beware cause Eren is gonna fucking fuck the fucking shit out of you're fucking ASS !!
damn !! that was one of a hell loaded Episode, animation and 3D maneuver gear scenes was so dazzling on a whole new level!
just 1 episode to go and epicness has no limits, those damn Animators better have the 2nd season plan in their Drawer !!!
Sep 21, 2013 8:06 PM

Sep 2013
I don't remember the scene where Mikasa tells the hesitating Eren that the world is cruel to be in the manga. Its like a role reversal from the first time Eren saved Mikasa.
Sep 21, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
BEST EPISODE from Shingeki (what I thought)
I love how they fought at the urban atmosphere with the other military police being like WTF and then Eren's rage at the end. SO Exciting. LAST EPISODE NEXT WEEK GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;_;
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 21, 2013 8:07 PM
Sep 2013
Liked the episode overall, though I have mixed feelings about the filler. As somebody else mentioned, many of the characters seemed too out of character. While I understand that filler was necessary to pad out the episode so we could get an action packed finale, I feel like the anime has tended to do that mostly at the cost of Eren's character (in comparison to the manga), which leads a lot of people to dislike him.

That being said, I don't necessarily find his hesitation annoying (just too over done). In fact, I think it's good that the series does show this side of him. There really does seem to be two camps of people when it comes to Eren, either he's a murderous psychopath who kills everyone who disagrees with him, or he's just a "whiny b*tch." I think both of these characterizations are very wrong. While he did kill Mikasa's kidnappers (team effort really), that was definitely an extraordinary circumstance and he hasn't killed anyone else at all. In fact, if this episode showed anything well, it shows how much it'll take for him to actually reach that state. In terms of being a "whiny b*tch," he's definitely no Shinji, but he does have his internal conflicts, and his doubts (particularly with himself). Even though I know most people want a strong protagonist, I think I like Eren as the series portrays him. He's growing, but it's not going to happen overnight, and as the series still has a long way to go and he has to make it to atleast the near-end, his character is going to take much longer to develop than others... Particularly excited for the new manga chapter...

So basically, yeah, they over did it, but overall I think they did a good job portraying Eren's internal struggles.

Other than that, I found it a bit off how they pretty much left Eren to die, and I have no clue what it means when they said in the preview that his rage will lead him "Onward to destroy this entire world." Having read the manga, I can't think of anything they're referring to.
Sep 21, 2013 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
It's the animation when she's killing soldiers that gets me. It's very unclear what she's even doing to them. You get a vague idea but more clarity would be nice. Dragging a guy having his body disappear then showing a smear of blood in his place isn't good animation

I think this was one of the worst episodes since the dragging intiated by episode 16. Disappointing backstory added nothing to our current knowledge. Basically we were going nowhere fast till the end. Every episode I can remember had a key epic moment. Something to remember the episode by. This didn't really have that. Maybe those two idiots playing trapeze with eachother and holding hands, which was so incredibly lame btw
Sep 21, 2013 8:13 PM
May 2008
This episode was weak. I do not understand what this episode is doing here. Another drawn out POS. Another whole episode of drama that was not needed. this build up happened in the forest. Why here again to take a full episode to transform. Weak sauce. I just slightly like this show less now. No 10 for j00. Probably a 7 last episode has some work to do.
JohnMcClaneSep 21, 2013 8:21 PM
Sep 21, 2013 8:14 PM

Jun 2007
^ You're my new MAL Shingeki forum bro, DarkWind. Better yet, you're NOT a dup account. Totally not.

There's this one scene where Annie seems to turn a guy into a splatter of blood on the joint-middle of her arm. Like, she slammed him into her arm and he turned into water. (Cheers for adding a new complaint to my list!)

marshalloo said:
Yo Annie beware cause Eren is gonna fucking fuck the fucking shit out of you're fucking ASS !!

http://s13.postimg.org/gyf0gxx7b/gg_Shingeki_no_Kyojin_24_D44_C4951_mkv_snap.jpg <-- There's a whole lotta arse there to, as you so elegantly put it, "fuck the fucking shit out".
Sep 21, 2013 8:15 PM

Aug 2011
DarkCyclone said:
It's the animation when she's killing soldiers that gets me. It's very unclear what she's even doing to them. You get a vague idea but more clarity would be nice. Dragging a guy having his body disappear then showing a smear of blood in his place isn't good animation

I think this was one of the worst episodes since the dragging intiated by episode 16. Disappointing backstory added nothing to our current knowledge. Basically we were going nowhere fast till the end. Every episode I can remember had a key epic moment. Something to remember the episode by. This didn't really have that. Maybe those two idiots playing trapeze with eachother and holding hands

Yehh I noticed those disappearing bodies too...I guess they spent all their budget this episode in the art (especially in misaka's eyes. Just WOW).

But this episode can't possibly be THAT bad. I dunno, I thought it was more epic and action-y than what I remember the manga being (and that's a good thing).

For me, the most memorable part of this episode would be Eren's hand biting scene. The sound effects and the blood oozing out made it look realistically painful and memorable.

I'll be sad when this is over next week :(
Sep 21, 2013 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
AironicallyHuman said:

The irony here is that the guy quoted first, along with nearly everyone else in this thread, are more than likely PRAISING the budget/animation. It's making me question the eyesight of others when it troubled me on monitor; me, who's usually blind to such things. Some of the movement looked smooth, granted, but most motion was offset by either a lack of fluidity or being poorly drawn. It'd be an embarrassment on a theater screen so I hope money/care was put aside for the grand finale.

Obviously this wouldn't make it to a theater. Comparing a movie's budget per minute to a TV series's is completely stupid to begin with.
That's beyond the point as well. Shingeki no Kyojin's animation is pretty much way above the norm for a TV series.
Every series have scenes they can be ashamed of but Shingeki chose to handle them into a direction and continued to be faithful toward that goal.

Shingeki is an action show so they will spend more of their budget on the action scenes just like your typical ecchi show will spend their budget making their character's boobs bounce.

Then it is a difference of opinion, I for one like better to see what I'm there for being animated properly even if it comes at the cost of some badly drawn scenes. Some people prefer to have an all around show that have the merit of not having any badly drawn scene but come at the cost of not having anything spectacular either.

AironicallyHuman said:

As for the filler/part of my message Static quoted (Armin running by Annie's foot): it was braindead action. Braindead and out of character, to be more precise. You had the most useless soldier physically in Armin getting close to Annie, after she'd previously oneshot'd people with ease; cowardly Jean attacking Annie's neck after seeing how successful that was for Reiner; some dudes doing a WTF aerial hand-grab maneuver... everything filler required the deactivation of brain from eyes to be enjoyed. I mean, Annie's been shown to be an incredibly fast/agile man-killing machine that only Mikasa or Levi can deal with - the best of the best - and in this ep she was too slow/stupid to deal with anyone. There's also the small matter of 'Erendere' Mikasa not doing her 'fuck everyone else' thing the amount Eren got filler-penetrated.

I agree with you that if we look up at this episode from a logical point of view, a lot of thing do not make sense. Still that point do not exclude the original content as well that have a lot of problem on it's own.

I for one isn't watching and reading SnK for the plot and I don't think that any person can count this emo-coated generic shounen as a work of quality for it's story.

Filler made something that was already average into something even more average. We didn't lose much and we gained what most people are here for : more action.

AironicallyHuman said:

I really don't get it. Ep22 was mostly filler but that was also relatively well done. Ep23 had some bad but ignorable filler which was offset by Annie's reveal. Ep24 was outright ruined by filler layered throughout the episode. It's as if action without intelligence added is enough to please most people...

Yes well, are you one of those purist that think that all show must be intellectual otherwise it has no rhetorical values? That's not wrong on it's own but it's not totally right either. It all come down to the reason why you are actually watching that show.
SnK never pretended to be an intellectual show. It's something you read/watch for the actions and the thrill of knowing what will happen next and 'action without intelligence' couldn't fit it better, from start to end.
Sep 21, 2013 8:19 PM

Sep 2012
YEAAAAAAAAH GO EREN

/off caps
Sep 21, 2013 8:28 PM

Dec 2012
1/10 Dropped Is what someone who's out of their mind said someplace else.

Awesome build up, I just hope the finale gets to the point though. Eren was pulling an FMA:B. That lightning with the intense music was my favorite part, although it's making me wonder now.
Sep 21, 2013 8:34 PM

Mar 2013
Anime original content done f***ing brilliantly. Loved this episode and I'm interested to see how'll they'll finish off this season~
Sep 21, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2012
Those 3DMG scenes were amazing, eren transforming was beyond epic! Amazing episode
Sep 21, 2013 8:38 PM

May 2010
absolutely blown away by this episode!
Sep 21, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2009
DarkCyclone said:
It's the animation when she's killing soldiers that gets me. It's very unclear what she's even doing to them.
I agree, some stuff looked off. I was mostly impressed by Mikasa flying around. She always gets the best 3DMG scenes.

DarkCyclone said:
Every episode I can remember had a key epic moment. Something to remember the episode by. This didn't really have that. Maybe those two idiots playing trapeze with eachother and holding hands
Haha. I wonder how many times they practiced doing that...
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.