Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 25, 2013 5:51 PM

Dec 2007
Man all these 6/10s and "mehs" have got to get the entire fuck out of here. Best non-Macross mecha TV series I've seen in a long time. The action was intense, the characters were likable, and the comedy was mostly solid. (It's a lot funnier than a lot of the absurdist nonsense passed off in all these crappy moe shows.)

The only thing they need to develop is the plot because when the show slows down...it REALLY fucking slows down. Like, when the show's not telling jokes or doesn't have some characters in mecha it can put you to sleep, so for that reason I'm giving it an 8/10.

Needs a second season--much worse have attained the same.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Sep 25, 2013 6:34 PM
Feb 2008
This show had a lot of potential. It brought up a lot of interesting plot points but didn't go anywhere on any of them.

Like the free will thing mentioned in the first half, and the fact that these kids were clones or something. It was making me wonder if they were programmed to fight for humanity. I think it was questioned in the show, but nothing came of it. i was hoping there would be a little conflict from it.

I didn't quite understand what the enemy was looking for. didn't understand why they couldn't be reasoned with. I didn't understand why whats her name had no remorse for betraying her people. There was a lot i didn't understand. I found myself being more critical then usual.

The characters weren't that interesting. They were annoying when they were going through their quirks.

One thing that annoyed me was when the boobed girl mentioned that battle look like fireworks. I wanted to yell at her those were people's live going up in flames, but when i stopped to think about it; that pretty much summed up the show. The fight scenes were very pretty. I liked the final battle the most. I like the homage they made to Legend of Galactic Heroes.
FrostmanSep 25, 2013 6:37 PM
Sep 26, 2013 2:43 PM
Sep 2013
i notice a lot of people seem to thing that simon was calling theoria juria. Which to me, didnt seem to be the case. It seemed more like juria was his wife who had passed on, and hes basically saying. "im sorry, i failed to die again" which means he intended to join her. at least thats how it seemed to me.

it would also make sense, since the system he helped design was named the juria system.

beyond that, good episode. plenty of mech action. good close to the season, cant wait for a second season. im pretty sure there will be one, seeing as how the wulgaru king was saying they found the perfect genes to pursue.
Sep 26, 2013 3:47 PM
Aug 2011
If there's a season 2, it'll be pretty boring. I mean, watching a bed-ridden Izuru who burnt out all his bodily functions in that last climactic fight is gonna get old really fast.

Unless the whole medical explanation of 'flying this robot is killing you' was a throw-away plot point, which would suck. All the drama and danger that kept him off the front lines to begin with was magically forgotten with a corny (albeit true Izuru-style) hero speech. I was half expecting to see some sort of follow up on the repercussions of his taking action throughout the credits, but it never came.

I liked this series overall, but it needs an OVA to tie up some loose plot points or at least set up a segue to any second season. I'm sure they could use that platform to BS some good reason why Izuru won't be losing complete control of his bladder that would satisfy most fans, myself included.
Sep 26, 2013 8:32 PM
Aug 2013
SageShinigami said:
Man all these 6/10s and "mehs" have got to get the entire fuck out of here. Best non-Macross mecha TV series I've seen in a long time. The action was intense, the characters were likable, and the comedy was mostly solid. (It's a lot funnier than a lot of the absurdist nonsense passed off in all these crappy moe shows.)

The only thing they need to develop is the plot because when the show slows down...it REALLY fucking slows down. Like, when the show's not telling jokes or doesn't have some characters in mecha it can put you to sleep, so for that reason I'm giving it an 8/10.

Needs a second season--much worse have attained the same.

I can't agree more with above quote. This is good series and is rather underrated to be honest. Definitely did a good job with the Uncle Jiart and Izuru fight scene. heh
Sep 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome fights at the end and throughout the show. Izuru became the badass at last and frankly all of the characters came around. If it truly ends here then fine, however I wouldn't mind a season 2.

But that said, the plot and development do need more work if they went forward, so I can't give the series more than a 6/10 overall.
Sep 29, 2013 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
I wasn't expecting Majestic Prince to be this good. It has exceeded all my expectations. Loved it from beginning to end. Of course I'm also rooting for a season 2 as well. ^___^
Sep 30, 2013 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
stevenc021 said:
i notice a lot of people seem to thing that simon was calling theoria juria. Which to me, didnt seem to be the case. It seemed more like juria was his wife who had passed on, and hes basically saying. "im sorry, i failed to die again" which means he intended to join her. at least thats how it seemed to me.

it would also make sense, since the system he helped design was named the juria system.

beyond that, good episode. plenty of mech action. good close to the season, cant wait for a second season. im pretty sure there will be one, seeing as how the wulgaru king was saying they found the perfect genes to pursue.

I think it has to do with how some think simon and theoria are a couple hence, he knew her true name; but I also got the impression that maybe she was some lost love.

Who knows maybe she is Asagi's donor and Theoria Izuru's.

Though I would have liked some acknowledgement from Jiart of being Izuru's uncle, and him saying thats why you are so good, you are my nephew.
Oct 8, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
I must admit that the final fight was fabulous. Let's be honest the animations of every fight in every episode were really high level, just for that continuity it deserves an high score. Nice OST, and that one with Chiaki-sama too.
I hope it will have a S2, there is a lot more to say about.
Oct 8, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2010
Majestic Prince is so far my favorite show of the season. Aside from the uber choreography, It's not breathtaking in a sense of it's story and characters, but the Team Rabbits just grew on me and I really come to like them, and from beautiful Theoria to some of the stuff members on the ship. I'm really hoping for 2nd season. ^^
Oct 13, 2013 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
Great Ending. I almost cried I thought Izuru is dead, I just remembered the ending of Gundam Seed in this ending.

I feel bad for those people who dropped it on the first 5 episodes. I am really happy I continued watching it until the end I never regret it.

I hope their will be a second season. :) GREAT SHOW!
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Oct 14, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
I was kinda rooting for Jiart X Izuru ....
Oct 15, 2013 9:27 AM

May 2012
Izuru is still alive and well this last episode sure was impacting! Really amazing ending I must say while it's rather a direct ending it sure was great, the series in general was quite enjoyable to watch, I'm not a huge fan of mecha anime but well this sure got the right portion of action, development and a fairly slow but still decent pace! All by all not a bad Mecha anime!
Oct 23, 2013 1:47 AM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:
Pretty decent series. Weak start but it kept improving from there on.

Definitely well choreographed battles. Despite the cliche cast of characters, they were actually likeable in the long run.

Will definitely watch the second season if it comes out.

This is pretty much how i feel about it. Sure it could have been better but in the end it was still enjoyable and the characters even though not the most attractive, they kind of grew on you by the end.

Smallfoot said:
If there's a season 2, it'll be pretty boring. I mean, watching a bed-ridden Izuru who burnt out all his bodily functions in that last climactic fight is gonna get old really fast.

Unless the whole medical explanation of 'flying this robot is killing you' was a throw-away plot point, which would suck. All the drama and danger that kept him off the front lines to begin with was magically forgotten with a corny (albeit true Izuru-style) hero speech. I was half expecting to see some sort of follow up on the repercussions of his taking action throughout the credits, but it never came.

I liked this series overall, but it needs an OVA to tie up some loose plot points or at least set up a segue to any second season. I'm sure they could use that platform to BS some good reason why Izuru won't be losing complete control of his bladder that would satisfy most fans, myself included.

They can easily fix that by saying that Izuru won against the Julia system(since we saw he managed to master the system perfectly when he pulled those wings) and now the system can't take him over so his in no danger anymore.
MonadNov 3, 2013 1:49 AM
Oct 27, 2013 9:10 AM
Oct 2013
The first season really does leave many questions unanswered. And If there is a second season, I think Kei and Izuru should be together. There were really sweet moments in one of the episodes where Izuru was eating Kei's cake and talking with her, and later, Izuru told Kei that he'd stay alive because he wanted to keep drawing manga and eating Kei's cake. And in this last episode, where Kei was injured in an attempt to protect Izuru. Teoria is Izuru's gene donor, so she's kind of like his mother, which would be awkward if they were to get together.
Jan 10, 2014 9:07 AM

May 2012
Boring unlikable characters, boring and weak story/plot. I can't give this anime more than 5/10
Jan 13, 2014 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
Whoever thinks the mech designs are lame need to get out. Like, now.

Also, whoever did the choreographing for the fights deserve a medal.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Jan 25, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Just watched it all in one-sitting, really hoping for a second season.
Mar 8, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The mecha genre I think I need series like this, merely because he had given to the component on the fighting, a quality and a joy, that I missed for a long time. The rest is decent and, unfortunately, does not reach a level that would make it epic.
Unfortunately the characters are characterized, but not much and not been able to get me excite and engage against them 100%.
History, unfortunately, not too structured and not very rich in details, here the script did not give a similar contribution as during the war scenes.
Drawings marked by a simple character design, but also fun, perhaps not appreciated by many, because not too attractive.
In short, for now this series receives a good final grade, waiting for a second season.
Final rating of 7/10!
Apr 20, 2014 6:29 AM
Apr 2014
I'm still hoping the 2nd season will be a long episode more than 24 episode cuz anime in 2013 like only have 10-20 chapter
Jun 6, 2014 2:12 AM
Jul 2011
Izuru and Teoria Reminds Me a Lot of Kira And Lacus.
Jun 18, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
Cliché cast of characters, but probably the best fight scenes I've seen in a mecha, at least in a very long time..so that makes up for that.

7/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 20, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
8/10

would've been 10/10 if I was 12 years old for sure

can't wait for 2nd season...
Jul 2, 2014 8:00 AM
Jul 2014
I liked the series (4/5) and the finale but...

Why the Wings? R5 was awesome in the awakening mode. The wings blewed the moment but the core fight saved the end.
Jul 2, 2014 8:06 PM

May 2014
Part of me actually wanted Izuru to die :3

I think that would be a much more befitting ending for this anime since he had that death flag over him for pretty much half the anime.
It'll also make it quite a moving and touching anime having the hero die in battle for the future of humanity.

Jul 30, 2014 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
the ending suck..
Aug 13, 2014 1:05 AM

Sep 2012
Not bad still waiting for the 2nd season and i can say the best mecha that airs from Spring 2013.

Nov 8, 2014 9:23 AM

Nov 2009
Where is the second season already? So many loose ends, from whether Teoria's crazy brother survived and what her kingly big brother is going to do now and to who is Julia, what happened to her and what is the relationship between Simon and Teoria (I'm under the impression that she's in something like love with him? And technically they do have at least 1 shared child - Izuru...)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 19, 2014 1:21 AM

May 2013
Tbh, this seems to be leading to a Kei x Izuru ending. This last episode has more hints and any of the episodes so far. Kei convincing Izuru to stop fighting, barging in to save him, she screamed when she thought he died, and I love it how she's the only person who cried when everyone found out that Izuru is still alive. Heck, even her crew told her "be sure to win him over", and she went to save Izuru and tries to win him over. I can also see that Teoria or Simon will probably sacrifice themselves in the second or third season. I don't think Kei will end up with Izuru's brother since he seems to give up on her since episode 21. He knew that there's no way to win her heart since it belongs to Izuru so he even told her that he will protect Izuru to keep her happy.
BeatStrikerNov 19, 2014 12:16 PM
Nov 19, 2014 1:30 AM

May 2013
I also think that Teoria is Izuru's biological mother and Juria is Asagi's mother. That means Izuru is part wulgaru. There's no way Teoria is Asagi's mother because if she was his mom, then he would be able to use the "awakening" power too. Plus remember in episode 2 when they took an examination for each pilot, and the Dr says that Izuru is different from others? That probably means hes part Wulgaru. Only Wulgaru can awaken the power thingy. That is my evidence. Looks like the Izuru x Teoria can't happen cuz that's just creepy. Mom x Son relationship
Dec 8, 2014 6:09 PM
Jan 2014
BeatStriker said:
I also think that Teoria is Izuru's biological mother and Juria is Asagi's mother. That means Izuru is part wulgaru. There's no way Teoria is Asagi's mother because if she was his mom, then he would be able to use the "awakening" power too. Plus remember in episode 2 when they took an examination for each pilot, and the Dr says that Izuru is different from others? That probably means hes part Wulgaru. Only Wulgaru can awaken the power thingy. That is my evidence. Looks like the Izuru x Teoria can't happen cuz that's just creepy. Mom x Son relationship

Agree with you. It was explained by Captain Suzukaze, Rin in episode 20 towards asagi that they used imperial princees Teoria's DNA on Izuru but not saying if it use towards Asagi, Tamaki, Kei, or Suruga, meaning Teoria is not Asagi's and others biological mother and to be precise that Asagi had a connection/relationships towards Izuru as half-brother when Suzukaze Rin further explained that Asagi has paternal DNa which come from the same sources which Asagi guess it right on Commander Simon, Asagi and Izuru's biological dad.

So how about Asagi's biological mother? well the information we got from the same episode saying like "dna brought from wulgaru to create those pilot" and "needed to use as close to pure wulgaru dna as possible" meaning that his mother is also come from the wulgaru race. I think that any wulgaru's female DNA could be his mother but not Teoria as explained above.

The thing that remain silent could be our hint or we can drew out the possibility like Simon also one of wulgaru's race or Juria which is his lover or wife? coming from wulgaru's race? thus making Asagi's biological mother. We know that Juria is an engineer who create the ASHMB but we dont know the real identity of her.

About mom x son thing, I dont thing it will be too complicated. Did you remember that from the same expisode, it was quickly resolve when Asagi confess that he is his brother and follow by his saying towards Asagi as oni-chan (older brother)? I bet that it will be the same if someone orTeoria herself explain it to him which she is her mother, he will quickly call oka-san (mother) to her lol what a simple minded our hero xDDD.
deenszxDec 8, 2014 6:15 PM
Jan 26, 2015 7:15 AM

Dec 2012
Aside from the abrupt ending, this conclusion was really attention grabbing and kept me completely enthralled until the final moment. The use of the 1st OP at the very end really helped enhance that moment of suspense as to whether or not Izuru was alive (which considering this show's track record, seemed obvious). Although when it showed him in his cockpit not moving, I was starting to go "wait...he's...is he?"

As a whole I have to say I'm extremely surprised by how much I ended up enjoying this. Based on the first episode, I had thought that this was either going to take me considerable time to get through or I would have passed up on it altogether. The campy mecha atmosphere really grew on me overtime. Although the cringe worthy dialogue was something that kept me laughing out of disbelief (such as Ange's trash talking). It's ironic how Team Rabbit was notorious for individual skills yet horrible teamwork. In contrast to this, I found that although none of the characters stood out to me individually, as a set they really made for some hilarious and fun moments.

I'm not well versed enough in mecha to say this with complete confidence, but this seemed like a fair textbook example of the genre. I welcome a continuation as the Wulgaru king implies that the hunt will continue on in some new form and there are plenty of potential loose ends that could use tying up. Although with that said, if this turns out to be the true ending then I can at least say that the journey here was fun even if the destination is lacking. The visuals were awesome and this is some of the most intense and adrenaline pumping mecha fighting I've seen in anime, particularly Jiart vs Izuru moments.

7/10
Feb 1, 2015 11:34 AM
Oct 2007
I hope they make a second season
Feb 16, 2015 4:27 AM
Jul 2014
The first seven episodes were kind of “meh” for me but once episode 8 hit, this anime started getting good and continued to solidly hold my interest. This anime gets an 8/10 from me. It’s been a while since I’ve stuck with a mecha series without dropping it. I’m definitely looking forward to Season 2.
May 13, 2015 7:38 PM

Feb 2013
I still think best-girl Teoria did this to help her own. They seemed to be stagnating, but this opened a new route for them (somehow).

Above average episode (for this series). I was kind of laughing at all the false-sacrifices. (This series had such poor characterization.)

4/10 (below average) overall
Mar 14, 2016 6:34 PM
Jun 2013
BeatStriker said:

Actually both ships are in the air. Izuru may have her dna,but he is just a test tube kid. Remember they said they engineered these kids. So its not really momxson. Also I find it odd that they said they needed pure DNA for this to work. So shouldint the others have the same dna as well. Unless they botched up that part.
Mar 15, 2016 6:29 PM
Jun 2013
so asagi given up on kei? Who the hell is juria. Im guessing simons lover. Not to bad of an anime. It was enjoyable. Pretty fights and I liked the cast. Im happy it was more light hearted since alot of anime these days try to be dark and that gets tiresome. They have alot of set up for season 2 which I hope happens and since they arent following the manga at all they can be free with what they do. I wonder if will see awakenings for the rest of the cast in season 2.
Mar 22, 2016 7:12 AM

Jul 2014
I enjoyed watching this anime... it lacks a bit of "oomph" (can't really explain it, lol) but it was consistently good towards the end.

Hoping for a 2nd season!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 27, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2014
They really Coordinate the Fights between those 2 well. I mean...I have to say this is one of the 1st CGI mecha i've seen To actually fights epic , super fast paced actions , team working instead of 1 super op character etc etc. to not suck by the end of it's series. 8/10 Impressive "Mecha" show! hopes it makes it to SRW franchises!
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jul 25, 2017 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
The characters in this show really stood out to me. The way they actually act like friends, ribbing each other but obviously really caring about one another. From the beginning they act like kids who've known each other a long time, and it feels natural. Also, the show has a retro feel, especially with the kinds of strategies they employ to beat the enemy. Zippy, flashy fights, but the end result is always pure brute strength. A lot of little things bring this from an 8 to a 9 for me. Just a really fun, endearing mecha show.
Nov 11, 2018 9:00 AM

Nov 2016
pretty surprised by the series as a whole. awesome mecha fight scenes, so so plot, bad character dev. i was actually hoping the other bots would awaken but nah, its just the hero that gets the treatment.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Oct 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Dec 2022
Who is Julia anyway? Simon's deceased wife, I would think, but that's just a guess. The movie could potentially elaborate on their relation.

Izuru is in rough shape after all that battling, even if he is still alive. Remains to be seen if he'll be jumping right back into combat again.

This anime is just spectacular, with enjoyable and progressively developed characters, immersive group interactions, and perfectly choreographed mecha combat. Even the humour—which is something I didn't go in watching it for—had enough dynamism to keep it consistently fresh throughout, never feeling out of place. Can't conceive of any flaws at all, which is just astonishing.
Archean-ReturnOct 18, 2023 7:51 PM

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

30 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

33 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

72 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 18, 2023 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.