Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2013 7:00 PM
Sep 2013
-GiaN- said:
I love you annie my fave :3 http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4082/sj1b.jpg

So you like how they ruin the character huh.
Sep 14, 2013 7:01 PM
Jun 2009
I had goosebumps during the last 5 minutes. That was amazing.
Sep 14, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
Dat Annie and her blushing.

And Hitch makes her appearance
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 14, 2013 7:04 PM
Sep 2013
Core1019 said:
It was pretty obvious that Annie was the Female Titan, but I thought for sure she was being controlled or something. Surprising to find out she did that of her own free will.

We still don't really know about that
Sep 14, 2013 7:04 PM

Jan 2012
I had that revelation spoiled for me so the episode was just boring, and now that I see the anime and manga comparison, it becomes terrible
Sep 14, 2013 7:05 PM
Jul 2012
The ring is too sophisticated for just Annie. Definitely a whole faction of human/titans hanging out. Eren still hasn't made it to that damn basement.
Sep 14, 2013 7:05 PM

Oct 2010
Good episode. I just hope they don't waste the next one with Eren being hesitant to transform and fight the entire time. Should use the last two eps to end the season with a bang.
Sep 14, 2013 7:07 PM
Jul 2013
Megaton said:
Good episode. I just hope they don't waste the next one with Eren being hesitant to transform and fight the entire time. Should use the last two eps to end the season with a bang.

Believe me, it will.
Sep 14, 2013 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I expected that the Female Titan would be someone in the military police, but I had no idea that it would have been Annie.

Anyone know who those people at the end that restrained Annie were? They just looked like commoners, why were they involved?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 7:08 PM
Sep 2013
Xinception said:
Just actually watched the episode:

• We started off with Annie and her CQC training in her younger days I see. Nice.

• I stand corrected. Hitch is a slut. She whored herself into the Military Police as Marlow or the guy who kinda looks like Yu Narukami implied.

• They just hinted us that there are ACTUALLY people and organizations outside the walls. Remember this, both anime watchers and manga readers. This was hinted by Marlow (guy with stupid haircut who pretends to be righteous but is a coward) and Annie's stare at him shortly after.

• Fuck the higher-ups.

• So, they just hinted us at another possibility that there are STRONGER human than top dog Levi. Kinda implied by that smugglers/trading association buying them 3DMGs. Who knows? Maybe the smugglers are actually better than the soldiers? Maybe Levi's skills were taught to him by those smugglers?

• Again, fuck the higher ups. Hitch redeemed herself though, saving Marlow like that. You're in the favourable slut list, Hitch!

• I like Armin and Annie's chat about being a good person, bet and perspective.

• The short moment of the trio and Annie talking was fun to watch.

• Eren, sir, please. I know you're grateful to the girl who taught you CQC. But come on man, the preview showed us that the Survey Corps agreed that Annie was the Female Titan.

• Annie's laugh <3. I changed my mine. Hentai Artists, draw Annie Ahegao doujins pls.

• I'm genuinely surprised at Annie's normal tone. She usually talks with those emo tones.

• Shit, son. Survey Corps Soldiers know Parkour too?

• They censored those soldiers' death when Annie transforms. This is different from the Manga, where you could see blood splatters. Or they might still be alive? Hoping that they're still alive though, Parkour Runners are rare :c.

• Dat final scene in the previews. Mikasa's jelly fais <3. (Note, stupid anime shippers, Annie X Eren is not canon. They only have mutual respect for each other: Eren's respect for Annie and her skills; Annie's respect for Eren's abnormal courage and will. This is confirmed by Isayama on his blog. But hey, suit yourself.)

Kinda surprised at how many people didn't notice those hints they dropped on us (I stated them in my first few bullet points) and focused on those fascist Military Police.

screw Isayama! I'll believe in my ship! *fanboy growl...* Grrrrrr..........
Sep 2013
I can't believe people like the laugh scene with annie. Annie is a never-laugh never-blushing, and that kind of scene wouldn't make any character laugh or blush anyway. They completely totally absolutely ruin it.

Aug 2013
Minagatachi said:
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I expected that the Female Titan would be someone in the military police, but I had no idea that it would have been Annie.

Anyone know who those people at the end that restrained Annie were? They just looked like commoners, why were they involved?

I believe they were Scouting Legion soldiers in disguise, waiting for Armin's signal.

O lawd^ The Eren x Annie shippers are here, well they will get some stuff next episode, but so do we......
Sep 14, 2013 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Saw that coming lol
Sep 14, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Female titan.

Great episode!!!
Sep 14, 2013 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Edit: Nvm got it !
VirgoSaintSep 14, 2013 7:16 PM
Sep 14, 2013 7:13 PM
Sep 2013
lindsayzzz said:
No recap at the beginning of the episode already confirmed this episode to be awesome and it sure was! That's Sugita's voice as Marlow, RIGHT?! xD Hitch is a pretty funny yet wacky character. That plan was amazing! Armin is such a genius. So Annie was the one that killed Marco and took his 3D maneuver gear. I'm sure Annie being the female titan is no big surprise to everyone, but holy hell Annie's laugh was the biggest surprise to me. She even blushed. That ring is pretty handy too. Such a great way to reveal the female titan's true identity. Annie is awesome. :)
5/5

Annie was never confirmed to kill Marco by Isayama. She either found his body and took his 3DMG or she indirectly caused his death. Marco's body was bit in half, if she wants to take his 3DMG, then why bite him in half, as that will break the 3DMG
Sep 14, 2013 7:15 PM
Jul 2013
Madin312 said:
Xinception said:

• We started off with Annie and her CQC training in her younger days I see. Nice.

• I stand corrected. Hitch is a slut. She whored herself into the Military Police as Marlow or the guy who kinda looks like Yu Narukami implied.

• They just hinted us that there are ACTUALLY people and organizations outside the walls. Remember this, both anime watchers and manga readers. This was hinted by Marlow (guy with stupid haircut who pretends to be righteous but is a coward) and Annie's stare at him shortly after.

• Fuck the higher-ups.

• So, they just hinted us at another possibility that there are STRONGER human than top dog Levi. Kinda implied by that smugglers/trading association buying them 3DMGs. Who knows? Maybe the smugglers are actually better than the soldiers? Maybe Levi's skills were taught to him by those smugglers?

• Again, fuck the higher ups. Hitch redeemed herself though, saving Marlow like that. You're in the favourable slut list, Hitch!

• Eren, sir, please. I know you're grateful to the girl who taught you CQC. But come on man, the preview showed us that the Survey Corps agreed that Annie was the Female Titan.

• Annie's laugh <3. I changed my mine. Hentai Artists, draw Annie Ahegao doujins pls.

• I'm genuinely surprised at Annie's normal tone. She usually talks with those emo tones.

• They censored those soldiers' death when Annie transforms. This is different from the Manga, where you could see blood splatters. Or they might still be alive? Hoping that they're still alive though, Parkour Runners are rare :c.

• Dat final scene in the previews. Mikasa's jelly fais <3. (Note, stupid anime shippers, Annie X Eren is not canon. They only have mutual respect for each other: Eren's respect for Annie and her skills; Annie's respect for Eren's abnormal courage and will. This is confirmed by Isayama on his blog. But hey, suit yourself.)

Kinda surprised at how many people didn't notice those hints they dropped on us (I stated them in my first few bullet points) and focused on those fascist Military Police.

You quoted my post, full of hints and useful information..... and just to replied to a shipping line?...

Wow......

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW
Sep 2013
Amarrez said:
http://i.imgur.com/I3jtpdW.jpg

Well, can she be forgiven?

Annie can't be forgiven... but she's still my favorite character next to Jean and Levi. Her character's so complex that my foot hurts just by thinking about it. (my foot is really hurting now...)

Nov 2011
MikasaxEren said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Dat blushing Annie. That was totally unexpected but its was a nice addition.

Annie knew something was up since the moment she put on that ring.

Its funny how Mikasa is the angriest among them all when its supposed Eren.

To be fair she tried to kidnap Eren. Hurting Eren = Furious Mikasa, in episode 9 she threatens to show the garrison members her specialty in "slicing flesh" if they try to hurt Eren.
It's quite funny, Mikasa often berates Eren for his temper and hotheadedness, but when he gets hurt, she becomes just like him.

Killing Eren's friend = Madman Eren.

I guess, that show how much of a character Mikasa is, no matter who you are even someone who were once her comrade , she screw you up if you hurt her Eren, without hesitation. She is Yuno level.

Sep 14, 2013 7:17 PM
Sep 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
Xinception said:
sciafb said:
For all the past episodes, I was delighted to be surprised about alot of the events. But Annie? It was clear as day you saw the titan's face/eyes/hair it was her. The question was, how would they explain she got out there and did the deed? No explanation given.

Kinda disappointing. I haven't read the manga, so her odd behavior seemed a bit out of character as there is no reason ever to think she'd act that way. Not that I didn't enjoy the end of this episode and the tension but I was expecting more.

The only explanation for that is that she has reached her end game, she got no cards left, she reached her breaking point.

Besides, us Manga Readers only have hints about who is behind all of this, nothing is stated yet.

I havent read the manga but could it be , I'll put it in the spoiler for those that are sensible....

that is actually possible, given Isayama's ability to come up with the most unbelievable twists
Sep 14, 2013 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
MikasaxEren said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Dat blushing Annie. That was totally unexpected but its was a nice addition.

Annie knew something was up since the moment she put on that ring.

Its funny how Mikasa is the angriest among them all when its supposed Eren.

To be fair she tried to kidnap Eren. Hurting Eren = Furious Mikasa, in episode 9 she threatens to show the garrison members her specialty in "slicing flesh" if they try to hurt Eren.
It's quite funny, Mikasa often berates Eren for his temper and hotheadedness, but when he gets hurt, she becomes just like him.

Killing Eren's friend = Madman Eren.

I guess, that show how much of a character Mikasa is, no matter who you are even someone who were once her comrade , she screw you up if you hurt her Eren, without hesitation. She is Yuno level.

Eren = everything for Mikasa though, "This world is merciless, but it is also beautiful" she lives by his "you have to fight" mentality. It is quite funny how similar they are though, Mikasa is the physical strength, whilst Eren is the spirit and the willpower. In episode 12 she is going to attack the elite squad when they suggest leaving Erens titan body just after he tried to kill her. That's why I love Mikasa so much, her love for Eren is so strong, and we get to see some more of it in this episode with it becoming her anger at Annie.
But yeah if you are Mikasa's comrade and you hurt Eren
Sep 14, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2011
wowww that episode was amazing i never would of seen that coming.
Sep 14, 2013 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
Meh. I knew the female titan was Annie, it looked exactly like her. Plus, it was pretty strange how she didn't want to go down the underground tunnel because she wouldn't be able to transform.
Sep 14, 2013 7:32 PM
Jul 2011
Prosexema said:
I can't believe people like the laugh scene with annie. Annie is a never-laugh never-blushing, and that kind of scene wouldn't make any character laugh or blush anyway. They completely totally absolutely ruin it.

the laugh was a sign of desperation and defeat for Annie as she finally realizes that she can't hide the truth anymore.

Just like what happened to Light in Death Note if you've seen it
Sep 2013
Xinception said:
Madin312 said:
Xinception said:

• Fuck the higher-ups.

You quoted my post, full of hints and useful information..... and just to replied to a shipping line?...

Wow......

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

Yes, WOW.... but seriously there should be corpses when Annie transformed... and the smuggling of 3DMG, kinda hinted at Levi's past. Perhaps that's where he learned to use it. And Eren and Annie's relationship kinda leads to a relationship between mentor-student anyway... *sigh*...
Jul 2013
Madin312 said:
FluffyFlesh said:
Xinception said:
sciafb said:
For all the past episodes, I was delighted to be surprised about alot of the events. But Annie? It was clear as day you saw the titan's face/eyes/hair it was her. The question was, how would they explain she got out there and did the deed? No explanation given.

Kinda disappointing. I haven't read the manga, so her odd behavior seemed a bit out of character as there is no reason ever to think she'd act that way. Not that I didn't enjoy the end of this episode and the tension but I was expecting more.

The only explanation for that is that she has reached her end game, she got no cards left, she reached her breaking point.

Besides, us Manga Readers only have hints about who is behind all of this, nothing is stated yet.

I havent read the manga but could it be , I'll put it in the spoiler for those that are sensible....

that is actually possible, given Isayama's ability to come up with the most unbelievable twists

In this case, it wouldn't be erhm... unbelievable or twisting, would it? As us readers are speculating and inclining towards this route right now, we're jinxing ourselves xD.
Sep 14, 2013 7:37 PM
Sep 2013
Xinception said:
Madin312 said:
FluffyFlesh said:
Xinception said:
sciafb said:

In this case, it wouldn't be erhm... unbelievable or twisting, would it? As us readers are speculating and inclining towards this route right now, we're jinxing ourselves xD.

Isayama leaves hints everywhere. Do you know that the identity of the armored and colossal titan was actually hinted in the "training flashback"? when reading SnK, you also need to see placement of panels and other seemingly unimportant stuffs
Sep 14, 2013 7:37 PM
Jul 2011

Yes, WOW.... but seriously there should be corpses when Annie transformed... and the smuggling of 3DMG, kinda hinted at Levi's past. Perhaps that's where he learned to use it. And Eren and Annie's relationship kinda leads to a relationship between mentor-student anyway... *sigh*...

There were corpses, when annie transformed they all flew away in the explosion in the episode
Sep 14, 2013 7:39 PM
Sep 2013
Madin312 said:
Xinception said:
Madin312 said:
Xinception said:

• Fuck the higher-ups.

Wow......

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

WOO WOO WOOO WOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
Sep 14, 2013 7:42 PM

Jun 2007
KanPaTo said:
Prosexema said:

the laugh was a sign of desperation and defeat for Annie as she finally realizes that she can't hide the truth anymore.

Just like what happened to Light in Death Note if you've seen it

Some key differences worth noting:

:: Light did NOT look like a slut, nor did he appear to be blowing his load.
:: At that moment, Light was shedding his skin and becoming Kira, when cornered beyond hope. Annie doesn't think she has lost.
:: Re-watch the titan fight. See how Annie's emotions were conveyed by her eyes. Watch her random/horny laughter and see how it fits.
Sep 14, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2013
So... how did they find out Annie was the Titan? When did they discover it and discuss it? Can anyone explain to me?
Sep 14, 2013 7:45 PM

Aug 2012
Read the chapter after watching the episode. Can't say that I share the same complaints as the manga readers here about Annie. I think the manga readers are just a bit too attached to that iconic scene that any slight change, whether it's a good change or not, will immediately feel like an inferior version to them, and I respect that decision. I guess I can share the same sentiments with the adaptation of Silver Spoon at the moment.
Sep 14, 2013 7:46 PM

Jan 2012
Ahh screw you cliffhanger, * edge of my seat again*
damn that revelation interpret defiantly is Epic, totally didn't expect it to end like this and this fast!!
and whoa that hysterical laughter sure was lunatic, sent all the chills and shivers down the spine.
Sep 14, 2013 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
Candeloro said:
So... how did they find out Annie was the Titan? When did they discover it and discuss it? Can anyone explain to me?
cant you wait?
Sep 14, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Candeloro said:

It will be explained next episode, but if you really want to know......
Sep 14, 2013 7:49 PM
Sep 2013
KanPaTo said:

There were corpses, when annie transformed they all flew away in the explosion in the episode

I meant bloody corpses, like in the manga
Sep 14, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
WE NEED A GIF OF MIKASA ASAP!
Sep 14, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
Sourire said:
Candeloro said:
cant you wait?

Yes I can wait. Thank you.

@MikasaxEren: Thank you also.
Sep 14, 2013 7:52 PM

Jul 2013
Mikasa FTW
Sep 14, 2013 7:52 PM
Jul 2013
Sourire said:
Candeloro said:
cant you wait?

Next episode mate.
Sep 14, 2013 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
it's only me or really the animation in this episode was kind of shitty in some parts...?

I mean, look at some faces :/

PD: does someone has the end card in a bigger version? :x

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 14, 2013 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
They got the tension of that final scene so perfect, I don't know how they do it. The music, the VAs, the facial expressions! I don't know but they got it, that last scene was so tense you couldn't even split that with a knife

Sucks I have work tomorrow. I want to rewatch it a few times... I just like how it escalated. The small touches...

Annie putting on her ring, her constantly questioning Armin's choice to go through the city, subtle eye contact between Eren, Mikasa and Armin, and leading her to an underground city, hmm, a location with no witnesses and no sunlight to potentially power a certain Titan... very nice
Sep 14, 2013 7:58 PM
Apr 2013
what a let down.

Sep 14, 2013 8:03 PM
Jul 2013
CNagy said:
stAtic91 said:
Amarrez said:
Raetin said:
In the manga, she just made this smile instead of the hysterical laughter.
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/031.0/compressed/oimg043.jpg?v=11368324281
I'm pretty sure that SFX means laughter.
Sindri42a said:
You missed the text representing the sound effects. I know it's not translated, but it's still there.
It's translated as "smirk" on that page. At most it would be a snicker, definitely not what we got in the anime.

There are further sound effects down the page. She's laughing while they look stunned.

The sound effects down the page were the sound of heart thumping.
Sep 14, 2013 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
i find it really laughable how eren just couldnt keep his cool
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 14, 2013 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
Gr33ncar said:
i find it really laughable how eren just couldnt keep his cool

Mikasa gets angrier than Eren, yet people still hate on Eren when he gets a little angry.
Eren can't win I swear. If he doesn't get angry and fight he's a pussy, if he does get angry people just say "hurr durr angry eren!!!!1111".
not hating on you specifically, just making a point that Eren does get a lot of undeserving hate.
Sep 14, 2013 8:10 PM

Apr 2009
By the way, does this count as the first instance of fanservice in SnK?

Since I'm a fan. And I feel serviced.
Sep 14, 2013 8:16 PM

Jan 2010
Sick parkour skills

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Sep 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
Amarrez said:
By the way, does this count as the first instance of fanservice in SnK?

Since I'm a fan. And I feel serviced.
So the female titan's nice ass wasn't fanservice? I was a fan, and it definitely serviced me.
Sep 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Did anyone go into this episode without being spoiled about Annie? I don't know if I would have noticed, but since I got spoiled there's no way to know now.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.