Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2009 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is the end. I would have hoped more of the final boss fight, but oh well.. Was a cute series.
Mar 31, 2009 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
This series turned out to be slightly different then i thought...

Overall it was enjoying and not a waste of time.

At the end the only thing i find a bit irritating that there are so many survivors, i mean... Sergay, Aoi and so on. All of them believed to be dead but turning out to be alive in a miraculous way...

well atleast Sergay could have died, freeing Nina from this bond that is leading to the destruction of her future.

... but i think, Japan loves ending were atleast one Teenager is united in love with an older man.
Jun 18, 2009 4:50 AM

Jan 2008
Freaking, again Nagi didn't die? Well at least everyone else we thought died are still alive, except Erstin :/

Good series, not as epic as Hime but still great.
Aug 13, 2009 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
In the end I thought it was really terrible.

What was the point. That dreams and optimism can out beat experience and time. I hate those kind of heroes who come in with no experience knock off the crown of someone else and then become all heroic.

What was the point of the war. If no one had fought would the world be a better place. Why were they fighting to begin with? Because the hands of power changed. Honestly what did they expect they had all the bloody technology. What no one else wanted that? As if. Seriously though I don't know what the stupid city of Windbloom was thinking.

I'm disappointed about Nina. She was a really amazing character. Although Arkia could probably kill someone if she was talking for long enough. Honestly all sweet, she would make the world a better place.

In the end would you be willing to stop someone from their dream if it meant not getting to yours?

Well all in all. I though the plot was kind of terrible. Ers was the best. But at least everything wrapped up nice.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 31, 2009 9:23 AM
Nov 2008
For some reason i liked the ending of hime more.
In hime almost everyone got their own little epilogue but in otome the final epilogue felt to short.
It still liked this ending as well
Oct 9, 2009 11:52 PM

Jun 2008
I find the ending a little better than Hime but still something missing. Although as a series Hime seemed better to me.

Well now that Sergay doesn't remember that Nina was his daughter she will get the chance to screw with him. She will be one happy girl.

By the way Suzune-chan, Windbloom had the power bad it allowed other countries to have Otome's and they did try to rule the world by attacking the other countries. That Nagi guy basically was trying to rule everyone threw the fear of the Harmonium and eliminate the existence of Otome.
Nov 23, 2009 2:15 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't think the system they had was bad. Only one place had the technology and they were pretty much just using it to create Otome. But everyone could get Otome if they sent their citizens there as students. But if you started a war you couldn't really send your citizens out and get more Otome. So you had to be at peace to get Otome and stay at peace to keep getting them. Almost creating a cold war situation where no one could really afford to start something and lose their ability to continue getting Otome.

Anyways not a bad ending though again people survived that probably shouldn't. I mean how did Arika and Nina survive re-entry? Hell let's forget how Arika should have a speech in a vacuum with no oxygen...Sergay isn't too bad since Nagi could have just been lying about him being at risk of death and only telling the truth about the brain damage. Still that's one hell of a shot from the ruler :). Glad Aoi lived even if it was iffy considering how far she fell, she was a nice character.

Poor Akane. She runs all around avoiding the authorities just trying to get some and then gets dragged off when her boyfriend is made ruler. Should be a comical life as she tries to sneak away.

Pretty good overall though still prefer Hime.
Dec 31, 2009 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
gee that flower is literally a Lego piece!

Actually this ending is much more acceptable from a realistic point of view. Instead of inventing some kind of super power in the final battle to help defeat the enemy or worse the main character wouldn't die even after receiving mortal wounds this ending is far better.

Furthermore Tate was really annoying in My-Hime and he wouldn't die and would be a real pain to drag around with. And that finger-nail girl was annoying as well. I found that ending much much better.
May 9, 2010 7:32 PM

Aug 2008
Better ending than Hime's... although overall, I'm not sure if this series is better. I wish some people would stay dead though, instead of being miraculously alive. Nonetheless, I think the ending with Sergay and Nina was nice.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 15, 2010 8:22 PM

Dec 2009
Neither of Mai-Hime's or Mai Otome's ending was too good. The former would've been perfect had the people who died had STAYED dead...would've been more realistic, sometimes cop-outs really do ruin the story. And in terms of Nina ending up with Sergey...bleh...truthfully I hoped...WISHED for Akira/Sergey romance but, ah well, never do get my romantic choices in anime so why should I be surprised now? Nevertheless, Mai Otome was really a fantastic anime. Nagi needed to die but alas...once again, when do my wishes ever come true in anime land?? Though slightly disappointed about the end, I enjoyed this anime thorougly! I give it 9/10! :)
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Jan 5, 2013 4:10 AM
May 2012
I never thought Nagi Dai Artai is the villain that I've really love to hate (Worse that his counterpart in HiME) especially make both Nina & Sergei suffer till I've almost punching a monitor screen. Now it's over. That asshole finally got what he deserved. F*ck him!!
Sep 21, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2013
wow this anime is the most perverted piece of shit i have seen in anime so far (which means a lot). I mean form the completly misogynistic setting with representing woman as slaves in maidoutfits calling you master. Then it puts in fanservice of 12 year old girls (it doesnt matter how much they say that they are 14.. they are 10-12). Besides the fact that this anime is absolutly retarded with their system and every character conversation. At the end its just a consequence free idiotic,"noting makes any sense" bullshit without any tension or threat, but the thing which really creeps me out is the enormous pedophilic ideas between the blond male character and the 12 year old girls, AND he doesnt even get punished for it.
Jun 1, 2015 9:40 PM
Aug 2008
It was a nice show. In the end, I gave it 7 as I'm trying to change my rating system because all good anime's are only between 8-10. I'd give it 8 in my older rating system.
The episodes from around 13-21 or so were much better than the whole series. But it was good as a whole. What I liked about the ending is that they didn't make the useless battle to take too long. Usually fights at the end is really boring, As they try and put a lot of things and new powers. Most of it useless until the final punch. Fights are usually good in the middle because the outcome is unknown. Usually in the end the main hero and the main villain get all of the show. From that case, this was a good ending.
Looking forward for the specials. Especially about the new country and Takumi ... etc
Jun 13, 2015 1:00 AM
Apr 2015
This ending is a bit stronger than HiME's ending, although HiME is an overall better anime, and the wrap up was a bit too short. Animes should really do 1-hour endings for proper treatments.

Sergay x Nina is the right choice. Nina needs Sergay a lot more than Arika ever did, and there won't be peace of Arika ends up with Sergay.

I was hoping for Mashiro able to do something to the Harmonium but it turns out she really didn't have anything to do with the Windbloom's blood, oh well.

A worthy sequel. I usually don't like AU too much, but this one did alright.
Oct 24, 2017 7:32 AM

Mar 2016
I think I liked this more than Hime. It managed to combine the comedic and dramatic elements much better, and the characters felt more connected and engaging. Mashiro and Arika's relationship was the strongest part of the show. There were tons of flaws here, but I enjoyed this more than Hime.I liked the universal-happy Hime ending better though. At least Aoi didn't die.
Feb 24, 2018 12:09 AM

Aug 2014
it was great till the war started and it turned into super heroes vs super villain crap..

honestly the finished palace looks like it was inspired by the "its a small world" ride..
Apr 14, 2018 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
The Glass no Kamen vibes with Arika and Sergay were nice. The comedy, action and drama was well paced through the episodes. I was hooked to this show since the first episode. Arika was refreshing.
Aug 3, 2022 4:33 AM

Aug 2017
In case you didn't know, falling from space naked is not a big deal and you'll be fine! Sure they must have regained their abiities halfway through but why were they taken to space in the first place? xD

It seems that the final episode is not the biggest strength of both Hime and Otome, but I still liked the series as a whole, so I'm satisfied. I wish there was more of Takumi/Akira bromance (not really), maybe just to tease my nostalgia for those two.

More topics from this board

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 5, 7:33 PM

» Official name of the war in Mai Otome

jelabarre59 - Aug 26, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 4, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 18 Discussion

Gretel - Feb 11, 2009

7 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

9 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:14 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 25 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

7 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.