Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2013 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
This was a sad episode, can't wait for the next one
Sep 7, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
Dem feels. Next ep is gonna be nuts.
[center]
Sep 7, 2013 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
TheArchangel said:
Why do I feel like that that patch was from Petra's jacket? ;_;

it probably was because there was no way that levi actually went back to get the patch from his body and im guessing the person levi went up to when the bodies werent loaded into the cart was probably someone from his squad.im thinking it has to be petra.
Sep 7, 2013 6:17 PM

Jun 2011
TheArchangel said:
Why do I feel like that that patch was from Petra's jacket? ;_;

Because it was.
Sep 7, 2013 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
My heart is officially broken. Petra's dad... Jesus Christ.
Levi keeps his pain and everything inside, that's just terrible.

Sep 7, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2012
That scene of levi saving Eren should’ve been added to last week episode , it would have had a more Epic Impact, but oh well Levi demonstrated his Godly skills, Mikasa is like a noob in comparison.

FT crying after Levi got Eren ?? Does that mean she regrets slaughter that entire people, as it was all for nothing!!

The Survey Corps and Petra corpses getting thrown off, is extremely brutal and that scene of Levi with Petra's dad is a real tearjerker !

The last scene at the end is defiantly interpreting, what Survey Corps goes through every time they fail and they've experienced that Crushing feeling 57 times, really much respect!!
Sep 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2013
Levi sliced her up good.

Annie episode next. I wonder how the cliffhanger will be ;D
Sep 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Mar 2013
This was seriously really sad, I cried during the second half of the ep :'(
I got so hyped from the beginning when Levi practically owned the FT and then it kinda went down with the sudden filler....but it was a surprisingly good one :)
Sep 7, 2013 6:27 PM

Oct 2010
In episode 21 Erwin had Levi break away from his squad and it is really upsetting to know that at least one of them might be alive if they had his guidance. In this episode Levi prevented Mikasa from making the mistake that Petra did (going for the neck too early). Its really just a possibilty but still I couldn't handle the emotion in this episode. They're shouldering a heavy burden now, much likely worse than before and Eren will never forgive himself for what happened.

Sep 7, 2013 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
The tossing of the bodies was depressing enough. But then Petra's dad really made my heart sink.
The anime only content didn't take away from the story.
Gosh, so much feels this episode T^T!!!
Beautiful piano at the end of the episode,btw.
Sep 7, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2012
That was a roller coaster of feels for me, first when Levi and Mikasa double-teamed FT I was pumped. Then it showed Levi by Petra and all of the dead bodies, I was on the brink of tears. When Petra's body tumbled out of the wagon I cried briefly.
Nice use of omake-pfadlib, and the OST is still pleasant in the background.
I'm just dreading how I think they're going to end this.
Sep 7, 2013 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
stAtic91 said:
Xinception said:
MikasaxEren said:
It was so sad when he watche Petra's body be discarded :( .
Wait, do the bodies get burnt? Granting them a viking-like death, thus an honorable one?

Or

Do they get thrown as bait for Titans for the remaining soldiers to escape?

It'd be sad if it's the second option ._.
The bodies were pushed off the carts in order to escape the titans chasing them.

All I gotta say to this is that this reminded me of that scene in Titanic where life boats were launched even when there were people still waiting to board the lifeboats and were sacrificed...
Sep 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2012
Do they get thrown as bait for Titans for the remaining soldiers to escape?

They were thrown off so the horses could increase their speed, with the weight gone.
Sep 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Dec 2010
Great use of filler. Teared up when they threw away Petra's body. : (

Levi needs a shrine dedicated to his Godliness.
Sep 7, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
Most of the episode was filler, but it was great original content.
I felt like it actually added a little extra something that the manga missed.
Sep 7, 2013 6:46 PM

Oct 2011
They dumped Petra I can't believe this shit
I can't wait for the last few episodes and see some major action and ass kicking
Sep 7, 2013 6:47 PM

Aug 2009
that was horribly sad T ~ T
Sep 7, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
FUUUU my feels

why have people die when they are getting killed, why cant we even have a proper burial? i understand that they needed to outrun the titans, but why, shingeki no kyojin, why are you doing this to us T-T
ninjas cutting onions everywhere

PS.: as someone who read the manga, i have to say that this filler is actually amazing (compared with some fillers from other... animes... *cough cough*)
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 7, 2013 6:57 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow I really liked the expansion of the story in the anime, it makes it even more heartbreaking how they came back empty handed. Not even that, but how the survivors feel about how the others die, and once again ponder how long will they live, especially because the characters we see are the ones who went on their first mission as parting of the scouting legion. I cried in a lot of the scenes in this episode, something I haven't done while reading the manga. The anime original scenes were great and full of emotion, and we get to see what happened after they failed. I think the whole part with the parents/family of Levi's team, when they were talking about the them coming back, that was incredibly heartbreaking, but the worst was probably when Petra's father was talking to Levi about Petra...Also, it kind of sucks that the two soldiers, Dieter and ? wanted to get back Ivan's body back but it kind of ended up their fault that the other bodies were sacrificed, and one of them even died :(
Sep 7, 2013 6:58 PM

Dec 2012
-Amaterasu said:
DAT Levi.
This was such a sad ep.
Man, I feel bad for the Survey Cops for being blamed like that..

The whole thing involving the little boy resembling Eren was sad af, I felt the same as him in that moment.. A really heartbreaking moment :/

Seems like Armin is pissed in the PV xD.

Blamed is the wrong word here. They were criticized for failing their mission. They've had 57 ventures outside the walls so there must've been a lot of failed objectives. You hear the people going on about how their taxes go towards the army, much like in real life, there would obviously be some bitterness thrown towards them each time they return failing their mission. Not to mention the amount of casualties and soldiers KIA

Anyways, who's the chick with the wavy hair in the preview? Don't think I've seen her before. Going by that preview, Armin asks for Annie's help with a "sensitive" mission. Opportunity for confrontation perhaps? Wouldn't surprise me if he suspected her already
Sep 7, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2011
Good stuff from Levi against the female titan in the beginning, but the 2nd half of the episode was just brutal emotionally especially w/ Petra's father. Wonder how things are going to turn out w/ Eren being taken away.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2013 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
Sad episode ;( i'd like to rename the anime to Attack on Feels. The best thing in this episode was Levi showing why he's such a badass :) Petra and her dad ;.;
Sep 7, 2013 7:11 PM

Aug 2013
DarkCyclone said:
Anyways, who's the chick with the wavy hair in the preview? Don't think I've seen her before.

She is a new character.
Sep 7, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2011
Ah man, this episode was good. I've been waiting since the show started for Levi showing off how skilled, brutal and cold he can be, and this episode showed us that. He is no normal human that shows feeling outside of his body, but man one day it might take a toll on him. Seeing him brutally tearing up the Female Titan shows how skilled he is compared to the other members in his squad, he single handily took it down with some distraction help from Mikasa, though her being reckless made him take an injury for her protection. Damn it.

There was a lot of fillers in this episode, its clearly they are trying to drag it out to that "point" in the arc where the arc end and the 3rd arc starts. There will most likely be other fillers in the upcoming episodes, but they will most likely be fillers like shown in this episode. For this episode, it was full of feels and brutal, when they have to throw off the bodies to take up speed, and they show Petra's body was one of them, I was shocked to see that the writers would go this hard on the people loved her since she appeared on the show and towards Levi who just had to look at it fall down at the Titan's feet, if only he wasn't injured...

They also showed the families of the others in the Levi squad, that was a nice and sad touch by the writers to do, and when they showed Petra's father, another kick of feels get thrown at you. God damn it.

Some good flashbacks with Eren and how he feels being the one defeated going the long walk back to the capital where he will be handed over...

Overall a good episode with some brutal feeling of fillers. Can't wait to see how they wrap up this season of SnK!

Sep 7, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2008
Was Levi in love with Petra? I don't know but this is the feeling I got but again, he never treated her different than the others. It could be that she was special to him because she was in his squad?
Sep 7, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2009
DarkCyclone said:

Anyways, who's the chick with the wavy hair in the preview?

Hitch. She's a member of Annie's Military Police squad.
Sep 7, 2013 7:23 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What a depressing episode... :'( Not because the episode is "bad", but mainly because of the emotions it carried throughout the return inside the walls. Those family members waiting for their loved ones have no idea that they will never return... ;_; And the expedition being another failure is just heartbreaking for all the soldiers.. *bites my lip*
Sep 7, 2013 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
So much awesomeness. So much feels.

I never thought I would climax over SnK.

Seriously, though, this show is horrible.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 7, 2013 7:30 PM

May 2013
Holy Shit @ Levi. I knew he was good but that was amazing. Mikasa... I am dissapoint. That part when Petra's body was thrown and her dad freaking messed me up. All those people insulting and they're all asking Erwin if it was all worth it when the answer truly was that it wasn't worth it at all. I really hope it doesn't keep a slow pace for the rest of the episodes though. Kinda felt like it dragged on but good episode nonetheless. I'm wondering why the Female Titan was crying though, did she really need Eren that much or maybe it's something more.
Baku219Sep 7, 2013 7:37 PM
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 7, 2013 7:31 PM

Jan 2009
they added fillers i think the part where they are chase by titans is not in the manga if i remember right but good addition to the overall drama
Sep 7, 2013 7:41 PM

Aug 2012
levi.. without a doubt.. is strong as shit
makes me wonder erwin's fighting style

dieromanticSep 7, 2013 8:07 PM
Sep 7, 2013 7:42 PM
Jul 2013
Finally, back on my PC, a chance to write a proper review/opinion on the episode:

Fillers. Done. Right. Another plus point for SnK.

The first part of the episode showed that even Mikasa has weakpoints, while emphasizing the fact that Levi is worth at least 100 soldiers.

It's nice to hear the opinions of almost each individual members of the 104th Trainees, more character development. Jean & Armin are like buddies now. Same could be said for Sasha and Connie.

Death strikes, no one could shield their hearts. They could only hide their emotions.

I feel sorry for the Levi Squad's members' family, especially Eldo and Petra. I connect with Eldo because he's got a beautiful wife waiting for him at home, something I wish to have when I become an adult, but he is dead, and I feel sorry for her. She seemed prepared mentally though. Petra also, I pity her, she should have lived, manga and anime-wise.

And fuck Dieter, your name sounds stupid. And its because of your choice, you lost your friend, your buddy's body AND the bodies of dead soldiers, including Petra's.

A moment of silent for Levi Heichou.

Eren's still bothered by the fact that he couldn't save anyone I see. Evidence to this is when he asked Mikasa if she had saved him again. I'm pretty sure if she said Levi, he'd still feel the same. Mikasa was sweet, staying by him all that.

It was painful, seeing Petra's father talking to Levi about her marriage. Maybe its because I want to have a daughter also, I connected with the dad? (Clannad: After Story and personal desire to have a daughter.)

The most painful part: Little kids admiring Eren and Mikasa, and the whole Survey Corps. Eren saw himself and Mikasa in those kids. Poor the little girl, she had a "huh" face while the boy keeps praising the guys. Perfect fit.

Seeing the 104th Trainees' regretting moment was a nice touch.

Also, Eren & Mikasa shed tears while holding hands.

One of the best and most emotional episode in this season IMO.

5/5

With this episode, I can proudly say that no Anime, except Clannad: After Story (my desire for a daughter), Grave of the Fireflies (my sister complex), Steins;Gate (one of the greatest anime), can make me cry. Not Anohana, not 5 centimeter per second, not Air, not Kanon, not Angel Beats,... e.t.c
Sep 7, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
Levi has a shitty haircut
הלב שלי כבר מת
Sep 7, 2013 7:44 PM

Feb 2013
Petra's body and her dad got to me. Levi was badass when he fought Female Titan though.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 7, 2013 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
Levi > Mikasa.

This episode give me so much feel.

They just have to add more by dumping Petra's body so that they can move faster.

Who knows how Levi really feel. He act base on logic. Even if its his friends that died, he can't give them special exception.

Sep 7, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2013
Freeken sad when they threw the bodies. PETRA!!!!!! AAAA ;_;
But man Levi has skills. That pissed face.
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 7, 2013 8:08 PM

Mar 2013
Despair, words worthy of in this episode...
Sep 7, 2013 8:11 PM

Oct 2008
They were going to get married.
Sep 7, 2013 8:12 PM

May 2012
man this ep really sad, esp when they throw petra's body and thinking how levi felt..
that FT deserved to be kicked ass by levi.. 6/5 this ep..

Sep 7, 2013 8:19 PM

Mar 2013
kocchan said:
They were going to get married.
Petra x Levi XD
Sep 7, 2013 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Houndthree said:
Levi has a shitty haircut

I have the same sort of haircut, but I style it better. It is a short back and sides, its a pretty simple cut. Also I never noticed Levi had blue eyes until this episode.
Sep 7, 2013 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
God damn, this episode freaking got me. Damn, is all I can say.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 7, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2012
Levi action was insane and could they make Petra's death even more sad :(
Sep 7, 2013 8:41 PM

Jun 2013
That was a filler? It was pretty damn amazing though.

Are they really going to end this at 25 episodes? I'm gonna be really surprised if they can wrap everything up and make everyone happy.
Sep 7, 2013 8:42 PM

May 2013
I'm kind of disappointed about everyones reaction here, it's just as if the sadness in that episode totally obliterated the amazing performance Levi gave us at the beginning. It may have been short, but holy fucking damn is he good, and that music to go with it was just perfect ! You could feel that shit was really going down when Levi went all in, an epic moment that seems to have been overlapped by the following sorrow in everyones mind, such a pity.
I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don’t hesitate to call.
Sep 7, 2013 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
Hamelin said:
Are they really going to end this at 25 episodes? I'm gonna be really surprised if they can wrap everything up and make everyone happy.

I doubt you'll be surprised then. Well, actually, you probably will be. The ending to this is going to be crazy whether they aim for a canon cliffhanger or not.
Sep 7, 2013 8:46 PM

Aug 2012
Amarrez said:
Weird filler ep, but whatever.

Dumping Petra's body got me, hard. That was a cheap shot.

There was filler? which part
Sep 7, 2013 8:50 PM
Sep 2009
Holy crap, Levi's the man! I swear they could have killed the FT.
Sep 7, 2013 8:54 PM

May 2013
Mikasa is badass, but in this episode, it's been proven again that Levi is more badass! He freakin' slashed the Female Titan until she couldn't do anything else but sit down and cry. I wonder why she cried though.

Levi Squad members' families waiting for them. Dead people being tossed out of the cart like Petra. Petra and her dad. Levi giving away Petra's badge to some guy who lost all his friends. All these make me sad.

Dat OST. This is such a sad episode. It made me weep.
Hopefully, the next episode can lighten us up.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 7, 2013 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
Holy crap, and a decent cliffhanger to boot. Eren's character grew on me a bit here, and I have to agree I am now Team Levi!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.