Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the mood of this series is still grim because of everything going on. Oh and looks like Kyousuke meets an old friend. Dat tears. Obviously, Kyousuke is going to cry a little with Kazuma passing away. I saw it coming though.

Guess everyone's sad about it too :/

Aug 24, 2013 9:36 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Heh, the mood of this series is still grim because of everything going on. Oh and looks like Kyousuke meets an old friend. Dat tears. Obviously, Kyousuke is going to cry a little with Kazuma passing away. I saw it coming though.

Wow...didn't expect things to escalate that quickly. It was much slower in the manga after Kiyomi's appearance
Aug 24, 2013 12:04 PM
Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

Lol he can't cry for himself. But yeah Haruto will sad.
Aug 24, 2013 1:12 PM

Oct 2010
They sped through a lot of the Tokyo Arc in this episode, which I'm happy about. Hopefully I can soon begin to at least somewhat half enjoy this anime. The Tokyo Arc was by far the worst arc of any manga I've ever read, ever.
Madara31Aug 25, 2013 1:28 PM
Aug 25, 2013 9:27 AM

Jul 2011
I never read the manga so I have a question, why is this rated R+? So far it looks very PG-13 to me...
Aug 25, 2013 12:04 PM
Jan 2008
EdenBaggins said:
I never read the manga so I have a question, why is this rated R+? So far it looks very PG-13 to me...

Well the manga was R+. And it was suppose to be a shounen anime but to me this is definitely a shoujo anime. Maybe they saving up the ecchi scenes for later....
Aug 25, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2013
xhx said:
EdenBaggins said:

Well the manga was R+. And it was suppose to be a shounen anime but to me this is definitely a shoujo anime. Maybe they saving up the ecchi scenes for later....

oh yeah there are ecchi scenes in the manga
Aug 25, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2012
GGNoodles said:
xhx said:
EdenBaggins said:

I doubt they will get to the ecchi scenes from the manga. They will have to skip quite a bunch of chapters in order to reach were they sleep together.
Aug 25, 2013 10:39 PM
Jul 2013
jose21 said:
GGNoodles said:
xhx said:
EdenBaggins said:

I doubt they will get to the ecchi scenes from the manga. They will have to skip quite a bunch of chapters in order to reach were they sleep together.

Spoiler tag that, man. I know you didn't mention any character names, but that is still a pretty important part of the MANGA story that should not be discussed at this point in the anime.
Aug 26, 2013 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
Things surely moved quickly here...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 26, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2007
This show is reminding me why I hate romantic drama - too intense and depressing ...

Aug 26, 2013 7:30 AM
Jan 2013
Kiyomi has arrived, she should have been Kuzuma's girl friend.
Aug 26, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2013
That was soo sad :(
Aug 26, 2013 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
Well, I didn't expect this to come so quickly. I wonder how things will turn out now. The last part was animated nicely. Love the colours. The piano song fit as well.
Aug 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2012
Interesting shots the cinematographer chose near the end
Aug 26, 2013 12:25 PM
Dec 2012
Those who have read the manga, I don't recall those scenes for the preview in the manga. From here on out is it gonna be an anime original or do you think they are just changing it up slightly.
Cause I really want them continue to the next bit!

P.S. Sorry, don't know if this question breaks the rule or not of not discussing manga pass this point. Just really curious.
ShirotamaAug 26, 2013 12:32 PM
Aug 26, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
I cried a little when haruto saw kazama's helmet
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Aug 26, 2013 1:25 PM

Oct 2011
Kazuma T_________________T

Kazuma's ending version TwT
Aug 26, 2013 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
noooo.... Kazuma ......... T_T
Aug 26, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
The bitchslap at the beginning made me laugh hard. But... Then my heart broke.. The death of Kazuma was an hard hit, and the last sentence from Eba was... I mean, she killed me ;_;
Aug 26, 2013 3:05 PM

Jun 2010
They should've used a little bit more time and added the flashback scene between kyousuke and kirshima talking from the manga after kirishima saw the helmet.
Aug 26, 2013 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
in my opinion i actually liked this part in the manga more than the anime as this episode seemed too fast. i wouldve liked it if they added the scene where kiyomi and haruto are planning on how to confess kiyomi's love for kazama but they didnt show it(sad face) as that part was pretty funny.another scene that was kind of a give away that eba was dating kazama out of pity was when she and kazama were laughing about the story where haruto thought eba wasnt any panties.this is the only time that she was smiling or laughing while staying with kazama in the hospital(so sad).also i felt that the scene with haruto looking at kazamas helmet was more emotional in the manga than it was in the anime or maybe thats because i already knew it was going to happen.still a good episode but wouldve liked to seem more and does anyone know how many episodes this anime is going to be because i would like them to animate the rest of the manga.
mrbakchoi888Aug 26, 2013 3:46 PM
Aug 26, 2013 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so sad :(
Aug 26, 2013 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
he died :'( new ED but i liked the 1st one
Aug 26, 2013 5:23 PM
Jul 2009
Wow - that slap.
I agree that things escalated really quickly and it wasn't as dramatic as I hoped it would have been.........
Aug 26, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
oh yeaahhh
Aug 26, 2013 7:37 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm so I was hoping on finding some sorta explanation on what she was implying or intending to imply when she said I wonder if we'll ever meet again. It almost sounded suicidal to me but I doubt that's how it was supposed to come across?

The other thing was I just wanted to thank whoever failed to spoil the spoiler or read the the ALL CAPS bolded letters in every episode thread at the top. x3
Aug 26, 2013 7:48 PM

Nov 2012
yngtadpole said:
The other thing was I just wanted to thank whoever failed to spoil the spoiler or read the the ALL CAPS bolded letters in every episode thread at the top. x3

Aug 26, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Kyousuke's death came as a surprise. Or at least it wasn't until a minute in that it hit me.
Doesn't look like they're any closer to dating. Still a long way to go
Aug 26, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2012
Who else cried when they saw the helmet.... D':
Aug 26, 2013 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
t_alexis79 said:
Who else cried when they saw the helmet.... D':

i almost cried reading the manga but not in the anime as it didnt seem as emotional or dramatic.
Aug 26, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
tittycakesXD said:
They should've used a little bit more time and added the flashback scene between kyousuke and kirshima talking from the manga after kirishima saw the helmet.

i get what youre trying to say but i dont think it wouldve been as emotional as haruto only knew him for a couple months and found out that he was dating eba. the only good moment that would make their friendship concrete was when they were talking on the side of the river right before kazama fainted.thats the only good scene that i think would be added as the other scenes would just include him eba and kazama in the hospital room.
Aug 26, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2008
that was fast!!!
you shouldnt kill characters so fast!!
it was even faster than Kamina!!!
god my heart...
as someone who hasn't read the manga i can only say... KAZUMA!!!! TT_TT
YY^YY
;n;
◕n◕
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 26, 2013 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
I don't get why people is so sad that he died.
Is it sad because Haruto lost a "friend", or because you actually feel bad this stalker manipulative jerk died.
Aug 26, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2013
its kind of messed up but i was actually kind of happy that kazama died.not saying he was a completely useless and horrible person because he was a good friend to haruto for how long he knew him for but i think him playing the "sick" card on eba made him seem desperate and could have whatever he wants.lucky for him eba felt it was her responsibility to be with him, but i know if i was a girl i wouldnt even though i would feel bad that he didnt get his wish before he died.
Aug 26, 2013 10:49 PM

Nov 2012
It's not just him playing the sick card, that I don't like about him, but also

Aug 26, 2013 11:36 PM

Apr 2013
Eh.. Rushed episode.. Didn't feel anything about his death (haven't read the manga but the appeal of this anime should be larger than just the manga readers and its not).. Eba is also a huge attention whore and the way she acts makes me wish she'd died instead of Kazama.
Aug 27, 2013 12:55 AM

Sep 2012
I wanted to cry during Kazama's death scene, but there wasn't too much of an emotional connection. If they spent more time on Haruto's connection with Kazama I'm pretty sure this would've been like top 5 saddest moments of all time.
Aug 27, 2013 3:41 AM

Mar 2011
This episode was OK ... I liked the episode although I didn't like the ending.
#1) It was a bit confusing once Kazama died it took me a couple of scenes to go, "OH!"

#2) Haruto and Yuzuki's past was sweet however I don't like how she's pulling him along on a string now. There may be things she's going through to keep her from being with Haruto, but honestly... not expressing her feels, you know, ""communicating"" and the fact she puts him as second place even if she was only dating Kazama out of pity... :/ I think Kazama would have understood if she said "No, I have a boyfriend//I'm madly in love with someone else. However I'll be happy to be by your side until the end." I think even Haruto would have gotten that! ....... Ah well... logic... can't really have that since then there'd be no "plot" to drag on in this anime u,,u
Aug 27, 2013 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
This episode seems incredible rushed, especially compared to the other episodes!
The flashbacks, of the previous episodes, really slowed down the pacing but then they suddenly skipped A LOT of chapters in a single episode. However this arc is easily the worst arc of the manga and I'm actually glad that they finally got a move on. The manga only gets better after this, so let's hope the anime does aswell.
Aug 27, 2013 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
damn it was a very sad episode . kazuma died T__T
Aug 27, 2013 8:54 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was okay. Kazuma died too early and the funeral could be more emotional by not rushing the episode...
The new ending is hmmm lala...loved the old one.
Aug 27, 2013 9:44 AM

May 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
Interesting shots the cinematographer chose near the end

Yes... I noticed them too.. I actually thought it meant the surgery was success.. but..
It felt too sudden, his death.
I was like.. wai.. wai... whaaa?

And now Eba too.. It'll be like a second death for Kyouske..
But.. no kidding.. obviously their relationship will change.. You can't expect to go back. No one can simply turn back..

This... though this ep felt rushed.. they're throwing a lot for the watcher to think about.. The relationships...
Yeah, they've done a fair job so far.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 27, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
Man , that was sad. Seems like they skipped some stuff , anyway , i kinda liked this episode. And I really like the soundtracks for this anime.
Aug 27, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
Rizem said:
This episode was OK ... I liked the episode although I didn't like the ending.
#1) It was a bit confusing once Kazama died it took me a couple of scenes to go, "OH!"

#2) Haruto and Yuzuki's past was sweet however I don't like how she's pulling him along on a string now. There may be things she's going through to keep her from being with Haruto, but honestly... not expressing her feels, you know, ""communicating"" and the fact she puts him as second place even if she was only dating Kazama out of pity... :/ I think Kazama would have understood if she said "No, I have a boyfriend//I'm madly in love with someone else. However I'll be happy to be by your side until the end." I think even Haruto would have gotten that! ....... Ah well... logic... can't really have that since then there'd be no "plot" to drag on in this anime u,,u

i dont think yuzuki put haruto in second place but i think she doesnt want to see him anymore is because it would make it look like she only dated kazama out of pity(which she did) to others like kiyomi,asuka, and haruto. i dont remember if it was mentioned in the anime,but in the manga haruto doesnt believe that eba only dated kazama out of pity and said that he would never love a girl like that.im just making an implication but maybe kazama talked to yuzuki before he went into the surgery saying that haruto doesnt believe that yuzuki dated kazama out of pity and eba knew it was basically out of pity and she never liked kazama.so seeing each other(haruto and yuzuki) and enjoying each others company would just prove that yuzuki never liked or had any feelings for kazama.i dont know thats what i was thinking but i could be completely wrong and she just prioritized kazama before haruto.

i said in an earlier comment i think in a different episode discussion but kazama and yuzuki still talked to each other while she was living in hiroshima.i wonder what they were talking about besides asking if yuzuki was ok.i would expect yuzuki to mention haruto as she went back to hiroshima because she fell in love with haruto.maybe they did talk about haruto and thats why kazama used the "sick/death" card to make her date him.again it isnt directly stated or shown and im just implying.
Aug 27, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
The death of Kyousuke vei as a surprise, but it was not as dramatic for me the funeral could be more exciting, I thought the scenes went very fast, and I also wanted to cry it was the scene if Kyousuke and Haruto had a stronger connection maybe ...
Aug 27, 2013 4:31 PM

Nov 2012
mrbakchoi888 said:

i dont think yuzuki put haruto in second place but i think she doesnt want to see him anymore is because it would make it look like she only dated kazama out of pity(which she did) to others like kiyomi,asuka, and haruto. i dont remember if it was mentioned in the anime,but in the manga haruto doesnt believe that eba only dated kazama out of pity and said that he would never love a girl like that.im just making an implication but maybe kazama talked to yuzuki before he went into the surgery saying that haruto doesnt believe that yuzuki dated kazama out of pity and eba knew it was basically out of pity and she never liked kazama.so seeing each other(haruto and yuzuki) and enjoying each others company would just prove that yuzuki never liked or had any feelings for kazama.i dont know thats what i was thinking but i could be completely wrong and she just prioritized kazama before haruto.

i said in an earlier comment i think in a different episode discussion but kazama and yuzuki still talked to each other while she was living in hiroshima.i wonder what they were talking about besides asking if yuzuki was ok.i would expect yuzuki to mention haruto as she went back to hiroshima because she fell in love with haruto.maybe they did talk about haruto and thats why kazama used the "sick/death" card to make her date him.again it isnt directly stated or shown and im just implying.

When Kazama confessed to Yuzuki, was when she was going to tell him that she was dating Haruto, but he confessed before she could say anything, so he didn't know. And I believe Haruto told him that she wasn't dating him out of pity, because that would be just wrong, even if that were the true (I mean he said he was going to win her back, but he wasn't really serious about it. I don't think he ever really planned to take the girl back from the sick guy).
Also, I don't think Kazama ever talked to Yuzuki before his surgery. If he did, I wonder what did he say to her since after his dead Yuzuki decided to completely cut any conection with Haruto (Meaning, Kazama is total asshole after all, who wouldn't leave Yuzuki, the girl he loved, in the care of Haruto, his loyal friend who happens to love Yuzuki and make her happy).
Aug 27, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
jose21 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:

When Kazama confessed to Yuzuki, was when she was going to tell him that she was dating Haruto, but he confessed before she could say anything, so he didn't know. And I believe Haruto told him that she wasn't dating him out of pity, because that would be just wrong, even if that were the true (I mean he said he was going to win her back, but he wasn't really serious about it. I don't think he ever really planned to take the girl back from the sick guy).
Also, I don't think Kazama ever talked to Yuzuki before his surgery. If he did, I wonder what did he say to her since after his dead Yuzuki decided to completely cut any conection with Haruto (Meaning, Kazama is total asshole after all, who wouldn't leave Yuzuki, the girl he loved, in the care of Haruto, his loyal friend who happens to love Yuzuki and make her happy).

in chapter 98 after kazama tells haruto that yuzuki was dating him out of pity haruto says "i wouldnt have fallen in love with her from the start if she thought like that." im guessing he just didnt notice it and i think he tried winning yuzuki back at first because he loved yuzuki and the only reason he moved to tokyo but didnt feel it was right anymore when he saw her and kazama smiling and laughing(not knowing that they were actually talking about him).another thing i dont really understand in the anime is that the story kazama and yuzuki were talking about was about how haruto thought yuzuki wasnt wearing panties.how does he not notice that the story is about him and they are laughing about it or did he feel like he was being insulted by the story?

i wonder what the story wouldve been like had kazama survived the surgery.would yuzuki have regretted dating him since it was out of pity and the person she really loves is haruto and how would kiyomi,asuka, and haruto deal with it. kiyomi likes kazama but didnt chase after him because she saw him having so much fun being with yuzuki. like haruto said he would just end up hating and feeling jealous towards kazama.and asuka being stuck in the middle of two friends fighting over the same girl.
Aug 27, 2013 5:13 PM

Nov 2012
mrbakchoi888 said:

in chapter 98 after kazama tells haruto that yuzuki was dating him out of pity haruto says "i wouldnt have fallen in love with her from the start if she thought like that." im guessing he just didnt notice it and i think he tried winning yuzuki back at first because he loved yuzuki and the only reason he moved to tokyo but didnt feel it was right anymore when he saw her and kazama smiling and laughing(not knowing that they were actually talking about him).another thing i dont really understand in the anime is that the story kazama and yuzuki were talking about was about how haruto thought yuzuki wasnt wearing panties.how does he not notice that the story is about him and they are laughing about it or did he feel like he was being insulted by the story?

i wonder what the story wouldve been like had kazama survived the surgery.would yuzuki have regretted dating him since it was out of pity and the person she really loves is haruto and how would kiyomi,asuka, and haruto deal with it. kiyomi likes kazama but didnt chase after him because she saw him having so much fun being with yuzuki. like haruto said he would just end up hating and feeling jealous towards kazama.and asuka being stuck in the middle of two friends fighting over the same girl.

Like I said before, I don't think he ever really tried to take Yuzuki back, it was just pretending no matter whether she loved him or not (better than piting Kazama and like you just said start hating and get jealous towards Kazama).
If Kazama would have survive, I think Yuzuki eventually would have gone back to Haruto. What would have been interesting to see is what Kazama would have done without the death card anymore. Also, it would have been interesting to see Yuzuki's reaction seeing Asuka getting close to Haruto. I mean she would have had to broke up with Kazama in order to not lose Haruto to Asuka. But we'll never Know......
jose21Aug 27, 2013 5:17 PM
Aug 27, 2013 5:22 PM

Jun 2013
jose21 said:
mrbakchoi888 said:

Like I said before, I don't think he ever really tried to take Yuzuki back, it was just pretending (better than piting him and like you just said start hating and get jealous towards Kazama).
If Kazama would have survive, I think Yuzuki eventually would have gone back to Haruto. What would have been interesting to see is what Kazama would have done without the death card anymore. Also, it would have been interesting to see Yuzuki's reaction seeing Asuka getting close to Haruto. I mean she would have had to broke up with Kazama in order to not lose Haruto to Asuka. But we'll never Know......

yeah i would like to see yuzuki get mad that asuka was getting too close to haruto and the fact that she lives right next to him too.i want to see yuzuki feel jealous as i dont think that it is ever shown in the manga yet or at least not that i remember. they should make like a side story where kazama is still alive to see what everyone does.
mrbakchoi888Aug 27, 2013 5:27 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

84 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

77 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

87 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.