Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 30, 2009 3:46 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Made a marathon of this. Don't care if I have problem understanding RAWs. So far do not like the other Akane named Yuki. Don't like either the plans to have Akane killed (maybe).

Do like Kuro eating habits and do like Keita GAR mode.
Jan 30, 2009 9:41 AM
Nov 2008
I see quite a big drop in the awesomeness of the episodes. I was expecting more plot development but what I got was more scenes of Kuro eating greedily. Basically nothing major happened except that they introduced Excel and Steiner properly... :S
Jan 31, 2009 2:06 PM

Oct 2007
i somehow like Keita... he isnt some kind of idiot who says "ok Kuro, lets fight together and deafeat your brother!!! haiiii, yessss!!! bla bla bla..." they will but this part (their "uniting") its a lil bit different from other shows.
Jan 31, 2009 2:59 PM

Jul 2008
So they plan to erase the part with the assasin girl and make Kuro use her first exceed against Excel heh.

Next time Kuro gonna get her ass handed on a golden plate.
Jan 31, 2009 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
It appears to be so. I take it that the next episode will be when Keita gets a Thousand and goes to Okinawa. This story's moving pretty quickly for a 24 ep series, imo.
Jan 31, 2009 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
Much better episode than episode 3.

Balanced mix of comedy, Keita somewhat not being a pussy and two new characters.

Also, lol he got them into a fight. Good going, Keita

4/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 31, 2009 5:13 PM

Aug 2008
Keita keeps acting more and more "leave Britney alone!" style..nobody understands my feelings! you saved my sorry ass without asking me about it! now I can't go back to my school (even though I was too emo to like it there in the first place)..*moar whine

cry meh a river

btw, how can you butcher/dismember someone with one slice from a scalpel?
Jan 31, 2009 6:18 PM
Mar 2008
Lol'd hard @ Maria playing that mermaid game and went fuck shit where do I get some of that.
Jan 31, 2009 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
This episode at least looked better than the last two.
But is Keita going to be like "I hate you Kuro!" every episode, and then subsequently "fight" with her? Because it got really old in this episode. Not to mention that he didn't have the balls to fight anyone actually attacking Akane, but didn't have a problem with punching the guy who saved her.

Jan 31, 2009 6:35 PM

Mar 2008
Do wonder how Keita is 'different', maybe he is a natural master Root?

MAL list updates
Jan 31, 2009 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
I thought that maybe Keita is a substitute and not a Root, and that's the reason the two new guys were surprised. "You formed a contract w/ a substitute?" kind of thing.
Jan 31, 2009 7:03 PM

Oct 2008
The dual is looking like it will be interesting.

Jan 31, 2009 8:04 PM
Apr 2008
I really hope Akana doesn't die.
Jan 31, 2009 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, looks like Keita's gonna need a new face by the end of the next episode. Looking forward to him stepping up to the plate so he could learn some humility.
Jan 31, 2009 11:44 PM
Oct 2007
Not bad, not good, meh. Next episode will be better. Puni-puni took the spotlight for me. :3
Feb 1, 2009 12:00 AM

Sep 2007
darkside099 said:
Keita GAR mode.

No. While punching that guy in the face was at least better than doing nothing at all, the effect is ruined because he is now going to step back and let Kuro take all of his punches for him. He's the one who started the fight, and he's the one who should take responsibility for it. But he's not going to. I can almost guarantee it. He probably won't thank Kuro after she wins, or apologize if she loses, either.
Feb 1, 2009 2:08 AM

Oct 2008
people who are saying keita is an annoyance, in the manga he is around 10 times worse. but he is a believable protaganist.
as for the episode it was decent it seems like there moving the plot pretty fast and there planning on having kuro use her first exceed not on the assasin girl who goes after akane but against excel.
im curious to see how they plan on making 26 episode with this pace.
Feb 1, 2009 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
I'm still little confused about this serie, but even I have noticed that this is getting better than I first thought ! And that ice cream looked so delicious !

Feb 1, 2009 9:04 AM
Jul 2008
I really despice what they did with such a good manga. I really recomend reading the manga!!
Feb 1, 2009 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
Quite a decent episode. Nice plot progressing
Feb 1, 2009 9:40 PM

Aug 2008
Wow. Keita is a idiot. XD
Feb 2, 2009 10:04 AM

Jul 2008
wow show is getting better and better, nice cliffhangar at the end. next time kuro will use her exceed><, and i kinda have the feeling that they will become good guys. i also like to know what their mission is about, looking forward to it.

Feb 2, 2009 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
Rofl im the only one that got the pokemon feeling again???
Lets have a duel with out Motsutomitama(or how the fuck this is spelled).
And the man and Kuro face each other while the little girl and Keita are watching them. The last think i was to see, is the little girl saying something like "Use your (name of spelll here) now" etc...
Bah well i think it was average... little better than the previous ep. I know iv sayed this allready but i cant believe how an anime with such an amazing first ep turned like that...
Feb 2, 2009 2:58 PM
Mar 2008
yeah... pokemon like duels, magical girl transf.... snychronisation and a main character i'd like to beat up until he wont be able to speak anymore for the rest of his life. Only reason im watching this is kuro... i hope it gets better.
Feb 3, 2009 9:31 AM

Feb 2009
LMAO at the end. Some guy twice your size comes to you with the intention to speak, normal people would probably listen first. What does Keita do ? He punches the guy... Ooooook. xD I don't know who's gonna be 2009's top moron emo kid, but Keita sure seems to be a good candidate. :D Kuro's cute in this episode, as always. :)

I hope that episode 5 will feature some awesome fighting scenes (Kuro vs Steiner), as well as more plot development. I haven't read the manga so I don't know where this show's going. Still I believe it will turn out at least decent.
Feb 3, 2009 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
ghoscik said:
i somehow like Keita... he isnt some kind of idiot who says "ok Kuro, lets fight together and deafeat your brother!!! haiiii, yessss!!! bla bla bla..." they will but this part (their "uniting") its a lil bit different from other shows.

he fails to realize that he would have been dead and that it was indeed his own fault to get involved. the sooner he realizes that the better it will be for everyone. even supposing it wasn't his fault. its either that, or be dead somehow he seems to be oblivious to that. next episode or two hell start to play along.
Feb 4, 2009 1:12 AM

Jul 2007
Alexstratz said:

I hope that episode 5 will feature some awesome fighting scenes (Kuro vs Steiner), as well as more plot development. I haven't read the manga so I don't know where this show's going. Still I believe it will turn out at least decent.

Theres no such thing here. Im still watching this cause Kurokami had the best first episode possible. I was 100% sure that its gonna be my favouriet anime this season but sadly it sucks so hard i have to force myself to watch it....
Feb 4, 2009 12:21 PM

Nov 2008
I mostly enjoyed this episode. Lucky I am I haven't read the manga. Yet ^__^

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Feb 4, 2009 12:54 PM

Feb 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:
Lucky I am I haven't read the manga. Yet ^__^

Same here. :3
I liked it.
Even though Keita's a pussy.
Feb 4, 2009 1:18 PM

May 2008
Meh, I agree with some of you here..

The kurokami anime sux balls .. pfff (compared to the manga).
The main character is raped .. and loads of (sadistic!/ecchi!) jokes have disappaered..
it's just sad...

I recommend reading the manga.. it's sooo funny(/sick/extreme) sometimes :o.

If you have doubts reading it?
Watch the review of eh .. the 'great' master10k:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F5KGdn0FFo
Feb 4, 2009 3:04 PM
Dec 2007
Average episode, the fights were bad but there were some developments at least. Interesting that this original character (Keita's best friend who was supposed to be dead) Kuroki isn't following the plan and tries to frame Reishin...

Overall, the dialogues and direction are blank though, I'm pretty disapointed by this series since the second episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 4, 2009 5:06 PM

Oct 2007
not much happened, but it was a better episode than the last. nice to see keita sort've grow a pair, although hitting the dude that saved them wasn't exactly a smart move.

i love when yukari tamura goes from her cute rika voice to the sage rike voice.
Feb 4, 2009 7:07 PM

Jun 2007
this was way better then the last ep.
Feb 4, 2009 10:53 PM

Sep 2007
Keita still acting like a douchebag. Someone should just rip the heart out of him since he seems like he didn't want to be saved.
Feb 5, 2009 12:54 AM

Aug 2007
My god, Keita pisses me off. Yeah, so you didn't want the contract to be formed or whatever. Fine with me. Go fucking die. Jesus. At least then we wouldn't have to put up with him whining and him standing around last episode watching Kuro get the crap beat out of her for like 30 seconds.

Kurokami had a pretty good first episode and then it turns into this. -.-

I'll give it another episode or two to decide whether or not I'll drop it.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Feb 5, 2009 6:30 AM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:
this was way better then the last ep.

Indeed was, maybe this serie still has some hope?

Feb 5, 2009 8:07 AM

Oct 2007
Kaizoku-Ou said:
I really despice what they did with such a good manga. I really recomend reading the manga!!

Same here... I've completely lost faith in Sunrise for this terrible anime adaptation. It seems as though they've completely skipped volume 2 of the manga and moved straight onto volume 3 for no good reason. Just doesn't make sense to skip entire volumes when there isn't enough material for this 24 episode series, unless they're going for a filler ending (-_-)...

noteDhero said:
This episode at least looked better than the last two.
But is Keita going to be like "I hate you Kuro!" every episode, and then subsequently "fight" with her? Because it got really old in this episode. Not to mention that he didn't have the balls to fight anyone actually attacking Akane, but didn't have a problem with punching the guy who saved her.

That didn't make much sense either but that's because they completely changed what happened in the manga. The original reason why Keita attacked Steiner was because he and Excel caused that horrific accident with the little girl Mayu.

Other changes made were:
- The bikers actually got of their bikes & Kuro gets her ass handed to her

- Keita actually tries to defend Akane during the fight

- Steiner took out the whole motorcycle gang with his awesome Exceed.

... and many many more. ^_^
Master10KFeb 5, 2009 8:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2009 10:26 AM

May 2007
Better episode than the previous, but Keita still sucks. Hard. I'm thinking of giving the manga a try, seeing how the response to the anime adaptation is.
Feb 7, 2009 1:29 PM

Oct 2008

There is another mototsumitama?!

Although I am surprised, yet when I think about it. It only makes sense to have more than one mototsumitama survivor. Or perhaps, the term "survivor" is unsuitable since Kuro was supposed to be one of the strongest yet a stronger one appeared.

What happens if the Tribal Ends attack Steiner and Kuro at the end of the duel in which one party is injured and the other exhausted? The worst idea of all, a duel in the middle of nowhere for stupid reasons.
Feb 10, 2009 9:16 PM

Oct 2007
This anime adaptation really does fail. The evil scientist guy(I can't remember his name) saying that you can only switch with hearts? Wtf that is completely untrue in the manga as any body part(well mostly) can be switched to form a contract. They skip the assassin arc and don't use Steiner's Exceed in the right place. The motorcycle fight has been horrible, even when Steiner just punches them all once and they all run away. Keita in the manga can be an ass(he really only acts somewhat like a jerk a few times but on the most part is a pretty decent protaganist) but he's much better than this one as Keita does actually try to do stuff.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Feb 11, 2009 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
Somewhat better episode than the last one. Keita is still a douche and the motorcycle battle scene was a joke. The animation was better this time around however. I guess I should have just read and manga and stayed away from this.
Feb 12, 2009 12:18 AM

Dec 2007
The plot was progressing nicely so far, and I really enjoyed it even if the anime is different to manga. I am looking forward to more.
gameoffreak8Feb 12, 2009 1:30 PM
Feb 14, 2009 10:36 PM

Jan 2008
The hell Keita? You didn't try to fight the bikies, but when I guys twice your size comes and saves your ass, you punch him in the face? WTF
Mar 14, 2009 6:16 PM

Jun 2008
Well it looks like the challenge has been made!
Apr 21, 2009 3:32 PM
Jul 2008
Kuro can stuff all that food, wonder how much money Keita and Akane both have being able to afford all that...
Steiner sure whooped Tribal Ends ass.
May 20, 2009 11:35 PM

May 2008
aero said:
The hell Keita? You didn't try to fight the bikies, but when I guys twice your size comes and saves your ass, you punch him in the face? WTF
yeah seriously,
Nice Fight btw..
Dec 16, 2010 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
Keto is being incredibly childish, reminds me of that idiot Shiro in Fate stay Night. So far this show has been incredibly boring!
Nov 28, 2013 2:30 AM

Jan 2008
So far enjoying the series the action in each ep is getting better though so thats good. n poor Kuro
Aug 13, 2014 10:16 PM

Dec 2010
ghoscik said:

You really are looking at him in a favorable light. He is just childish. That's why he punches people who are stronger than him right after they save him.

Right before he goes to his default line of go away, leave us alone blah blah...

It's fine to have normal human reactions, however he is just an impudent child and very annoying. One second he hates the girl, then he brings her food, dies trying to help her, gets saved by her then goes back into crybaby leave me alone mode before saving her again then refreshing the cycle. Jesus this has been a painful 4 eps. Going on hold.
Jul 4, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2014
Dropped
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jun 18, 2009

121 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.