Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2013 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

SHIT GOT REAL. What a fight that was.

Oh and Vali's form looks badass. I wasn't too surprised by that though. Hello Xeoniva in schooll uniform. She looks good imo :3
Aug 11, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
No OP, does that mean this arc ends this ep.?

Final boss vs. Buchou who powered up. What? Fuku-buchou is fallen angel's daughter? The enemy is too strong that at least the knight got him a scar. The God was already dead in last war and the truth was hidden? lol @ what buchou said made his sacred gear to powered up so huge. Vanishing Dragon looks like Haru (Accel World)'s avatar, kind of. He took care of that final boss.

It's back to peace, and Xenovia joined them as another Knight now.

Playing game with that customer, and kind of suspicious at the end. Swimsuit ep. next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 11, 2013 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
Vali's look indeed looks like Haru's one from Accel World :o
Very good episode, dat fight TnT
Aug 11, 2013 6:39 AM

Feb 2009
Vanishing Dragon finally arrives! And with a badass armor design. He looks more like Suzaku's Knighmare Frame, Lancelot Albion from Code Geass R2, down to the wings' design. And quite fitting since the dragon's name is Albion too.
Ohsaka Ryota did well in voicing him. And he's pretty much an OP character. Pawning a top level fallen angel just like that when everyone was struggling to just defend. The powergap is huge. This is the start of the powercreep of the series.
I like it that Issei was able to land a punch at Kokabiel. At least he wasn't just running his mouth. But all well that ends well. Xenovia as a new member now. And pool episode next time. Been waiting for this part for a long time. My body is ready.
Aug 11, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2012
Everytime.

also that was an epic fight.
Aug 11, 2013 8:29 AM

Apr 2008
Nice gesture with Xenovia's wings on-wings off when showing she's a devil now
XD
Aug 11, 2013 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
Rias gains her second knight and Akeno is revealed to be a fallen angels daughter, shame we won't get to see her fallen angel form this season.
NewhopesAug 11, 2013 9:08 AM

Aug 11, 2013 10:44 AM

Feb 2012
I think I will cry they made a perfect adaptation of the novel so far thank god.For those who want to know episodes 1-6 are volume 3 of the novel as for the story arc, the whole season is half of story arc 2.
Aug 11, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2012
Not going to watch it till sub and uncensored are avaible :) or maybe I will, and watch it twice.. No I won't, uhm yes I will I guess
Aug 11, 2013 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
Biggest episode of the season by far with lots and lots of new info coming out!

God is dead.
Akeno is part fallen angel.
Vali appears in his balance breaker state and shows what the Vanishing Dragon can really do (his powers are virtual opposite of the Welsh Dragon that resides in Issei's sacred gear.
Xenovia joins the Gremory group.
Azazel finally reveals who he really is to Issei as well.

After that episode, I just want moooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr.
Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
Newhopes said:
Rias gains her second knight and Akeno is revealed to be a fallen angels daughter, shame we won't get to see her fallen angel form this season.

So as to not make people upset and reveal information farther down the line....

Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
ElfinMint said:
Everytime.

Lmao that pic just made my night.

Anyway, ok episode I guess, this stuff about God kinda got me, wtf, I want my Angels to appear already.

The guy at the end tho, I knew something was up with him, but didn't expect him to be Azazel.
Aug 11, 2013 6:14 PM

May 2012
Damn that fight was bad ass! That picture of Koneko... Man I love Strawberries. I never would have guess God would be dead, and Xenovia will become a devil. I knew that old man wasn't normal. I mean he was playing an xbox. We had to be a fallen angel. Hate that its censored now, but at least Issei has another girl to add to his harem party. Loved this episode.

AntearionAug 11, 2013 6:36 PM
Aug 11, 2013 6:21 PM
Aug 2013
when does the sub version come out? later today or tomorow?
Aug 11, 2013 6:27 PM

Jul 2013
Antearion said:
Damn that fight was bad ass! That picture of Koneko... Man I love Strawberries. I never would have guess God would be dead, and Xenovia will become a devil. I knew that old man wasn't normal. I mean he was playing an xbox. We had to be a fallen angel. Hate that its censored now, but at least Issei has another girl to add to his harem party. Loved this episode.

Its not censored originally, its Funimation that does that themselve unfortunately. If you watch the raw version, there is no censoring of any kind. If you want to watch it completely uncensored, we'll just have to wait a bit for the fan sub...

As for the Funimation version, they have introduced an intriguing new power into the DxD series............... the glowing nipple. What kind of new power are we looking at it here?!?!

Also with the fan subs, they will also correct all the mistakes that Funimation was making with the subs. Like how "Sirzechs" is supposed to be one word but apparently they don't do that. Also with they will correct the spelling for Akeno's father, Barakiel and also make it Yuuto (not Yuto).
Twilight_FadeAug 11, 2013 6:39 PM
Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
GuiltyPleasure said:

Its out already man (at least for the past hour or so). Beware it is the Funimation version so it is censored. So what I'd suggest is watching the raw (uncensored) version first and then watching the Funimation version so you got all your booby action in (Akeno was exceptional this time around) and then you can also get in what was actually being said.
Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2012
Black--Swordsman said:
Antearion said:

Its no censored, its just the Funimation version unfortunately. If you watch the raw version, there is no censoring of any kind. If you want to watch it completely uncensored, we'll just have to wait a bit for the fan sub...

As for the Funimation version, they have introduced an intriguing new power into the DxD series............... the glowing nipple. What kind of new power are we looking at it here?!?!

Also with the fan subs, they will also correct all the mistakes that Funimation was making with the subs. Like how "Sirzechs" is supposed to be one word but apparently they don't do that. Also with they will correct the spelling for Akeno's father, Barakiel and also make it Yuuto (not Yuto).

Yea it was funimation's version. Glowing nipples shit. If you don't mind can you tell me where you saw the uncensored version at. If you don't mind. You can just pm me. And Thanks man for the info.
Aug 11, 2013 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
Also props to the production team for making an epic opening entrance for Vali. Granted we did see him briefly with Azazel in the previous episodes but this was really the first taste that we all got to have of him.
Twilight_FadeAug 11, 2013 7:16 PM
Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 6:36 PM
Aug 2013
Black--Swordsman said:
GuiltyPleasure said:

Its out already man (at least for the past hour or so). Beware it is the Funimation version so it is censored. So what I'd suggest is watching the raw (uncensored) version first and then watching the Funimation version so you got all your booby action in (Akeno was exceptional this time around) and then you can also get in what was actually being said.

thanks dood, i finally found it.
Aug 11, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2008
Black--Swordsman said:
God is dead.
Someone has been trying to tell us that since 1882. :D

Azazel showed himself, and then the preview cut seems to point to beach episode. Short story time ?

And this may be weird, I think Kokabiel's face design starts to grow on me. That long face brings nostalgia of older (questionable) anime, and the lighting is not helping.
Just need tentacles instead of wings
Aug 11, 2013 7:00 PM
Jul 2018

THAT FACE!

Good episode tho.
Aug 11, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
Black--Swordsman said:
I love me some Vali.

Who doesn't love the battle freak butt dragon emperor lol. Excited for the new 6 episodes as theres is big story progression coming up!
-Dizzy-Aug 11, 2013 7:31 PM
Aug 11, 2013 7:26 PM

Mar 2012
Even though they doesn't cover the karaoke part I'm still satisfied. And Vali armor is too cool for it's own good. And next episode is pool episode + new OP and ED. Hope that I can handle the awesomeness of pool episode.

And yay for my 6666 post.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 11, 2013 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Even though they doesn't cover the karaoke part I'm still satisfied. And Vali armor is too cool for it's own good. And next episode is pool episode + new OP and ED. Hope that I can handle the awesomeness of pool episode.

And yay for my 6666 post.

6666? YOU MUST BE AN ULTIMATE-CLASS DEVIL

*calms down the inner DxD freak in me*

Sorry..... it bursts out every once in awhile xD
Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2012
Azazel is a boss ^^

Welcome to the club Xenovia!
Aug 11, 2013 7:38 PM

Dec 2012
Lots of stuff have been revealed this episode. I think I might want more seasons just to see Akeno's fallen angel form (according to others). At least this anime is getting better as they don't rely on tits as much lulz.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 11, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Peten00b said:
Lots of stuff have been revealed this episode. I think I might want more seasons just to see Akeno's fallen angel form (according to others). At least this anime is getting better as they don't rely on tits as much lulz.

Trust me if you ever manage to read the light novels, you'll quickly realize how good the story actually gets. Sure its got plenty of fan service with the ecchi-ness but it really meshes with a very, very good plot. I think it'd do just for itself if you could have somehow removed the ecchi-ness. But then again, could really live with yourself without seeing Akeno's oppai?
Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
ugh, censorship. No point in watching if the good stuff is censored.
Aug 11, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
sonictoryuiai said:
ugh, censorship. No point in watching if the good stuff is censored.

Yet again, blame Funimation for ruining it. If you want an uncensored, subbed version you'll just have to wait for a fan sub. In the meantime, if you really want to see the uncensored version it is out there but it is raw and unsubbed.

Personally I watched the raw, unsubbed, uncensored version first to get my weekly taste of oppai and then I watched the Funimation version to get the conversations in after my lust had been temporarily satisified.
Work in progress...
Aug 11, 2013 7:52 PM
Aug 2013
good episode i like it! xenovia looks hot in the uniform xD. Cant wait for the pool episode. (hehe u guys will like it. i hope.) and no karaoke scene lol. Cant wait till Cao Cao comes Dx

edit: oh yeah the random nips in this episode was funny cuz they were all serious fighting lol
Aug 11, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2013
Black--Swordsman said:
Biggest episode of the season by far with lots and lots of new info coming out!

God is dead.
Akeno is part fallen angel.
Vali appears in his balance breaker state and shows what the Vanishing Dragon can really do (his powers are virtual opposite of the Welsh Dragon that resides in Issei's sacred gear.
Xenovia joins the Gremory group.
Azazel finally reveals who he really is to Issei as well.

After that episode, I just want moooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr.

This episode revealed a lot of stuff, I couldn't take it all at once, the one that surprise the most was the one about God being dead. I wonder how the ending of this episode leads to a beach episode next week... Probably non-canon stuff?
Aug 11, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2013
LegendSandwich said:
good episode i like it! xenovia looks hot in the uniform xD. Cant wait for the pool episode. (hehe u guys will like it. i hope.) and no karaoke scene lol. Cant wait till Cao Cao comes Dx

edit: oh yeah the random nips in this episode was funny cuz they were all serious fighting lol

Moderator Edit
Suzune-chanAug 18, 2013 8:15 PM
Aug 11, 2013 8:12 PM

Mar 2012
Ophis said:
LegendSandwich said:

Yeah you might see Cao Cao in a few years if everything goes well and all the light novel volumes get animated. Personally I hate him, I couldn't stop laughing when Issei trolled him with Samael's curse.
Yeah the ever broken Cao Cao and the gar Siarog will be fun to watch.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 11, 2013 8:13 PM

Aug 2008
Vali is badass.

Shame Issei didn't get to suck nipples.
Aug 11, 2013 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
Kokabiel is really weak, here he is trying to pick a fight with the uber overpowered super devil sirzechs lucifer, when he can't even stand up to vali
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Aug 11, 2013 8:42 PM

May 2012
"God is Dead," eh? Very Nietzche
Aug 11, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2008
Great Episode. Albion scene was nicely done showing the power of Divine Dividing. Also with Azazel finally revealing his trueself to Issei was a nice touch to ending the Holy Sword Arc. I'm very much looking forward to them doing Volume 4.

Aug 11, 2013 9:00 PM
Feb 2013
aw454wtr said:
Kokabiel is really weak, here he is trying to pick a fight with the uber overpowered super devil sirzechs lucifer, when he can't even stand up to vali

Well theres a reason it took the combined power of angels, fallen angels, and demons to take down Albion and Draig, they were THAT fcking monstrous. Its not really that Kokabiel's weak, hes one of the top 4 fallen angels in existence; its just that he was up against an opponent that halved his power every 10 seconds.

Jan 2013
Yes finally, Vali in Balance Breaker form shows up, dat white scale mail.
Overall really enjoyable.
CabronAug 11, 2013 9:38 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 2012
aw454wtr said:
Actualy he is strong. It just that Vali is uber tier so is Sirzech.
Aug 11, 2013 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
The vanishing dragon looks amazing in that armor design. Can't wait for next episode!!!
Aug 11, 2013 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
Great conclusion to the this arc. Awesome action and hilarious all-round. Rias telling Issei that she'll let him suck on her boobs and suddenly got a huge power up was hilarious. Too bad he lost his chance from happening. xD Vali in the English Dragon armour is such a badass. Xenovia became a demon and joined the crew. Her imitation of Irina's voice was the best. :P So that guy that Issei has been hanging was all along Azazel?! Hot damn!
Aug 11, 2013 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
Doesn't matter how powerful you are if Vali touches you just once you'll be near enough powerless within a minute, the more powerful you are the more effective the dividing is.

Aug 11, 2013 9:32 PM

Nov 2012
fuck it! XD I'm gonna wait the sub! XD

ElfinMint said:
Everytime.

ara ara...
FUCK IT! XD I like your style bro seriously! XD you just make my day! XD

Antearion said:

loli and shit! XD
Aug 11, 2013 9:50 PM
Jun 2012
Really good ep this . ^_^ I'm loving Vali's Armor. Looking forward to seeing next week's ep.
Aug 11, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2011
I need to read the novel, oh man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2013 10:07 PM

Jan 2012
Vanishing Dragon's armor design bugs me a lot... other than that it's all good.
Aug 11, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
xJapaliicious said:
I need to read the novel, oh man.
DO IT.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 11, 2013 10:17 PM

May 2013
Did not expect Xenovia to make herself into a demon and join up with Rias.
Aug 11, 2013 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
babymilo91 said:
Did not expect Xenovia to make herself into a demon and join up with Rias.
You should have expected it if you look at DxD New anime page on this site. She already wearing Kuoh school uniform at the cover image.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.