Forum Settings
Forums

Crunchyroll's Trouble With Fan Translated Material

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 27, 2009 5:45 PM

Jun 2008
Protoculture said:
its complete aids i hope horrible subs keep ripping there stuff

Agreed.
I'm back.
Jan 27, 2009 5:46 PM
Sep 2006
Guys, stop insulting Shinji and talk about the subject. All insults have been deleted.
Jan 27, 2009 9:15 PM

Mar 2008
panda_general said:
nyamo said:
fair enough, but can you find me an anime clip in the same quality? never knew youtube or any other site had that kinda quality

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=kuk9ys56-U0 (you'll have to click the "watch in HQ" thing underneath the video.)

if it's that kind of quality, i wouldn't mind streaming anime even with ads. but i really can't stand the streaming quality of crunchyroll. i'd rather spend my money to support a worthy anime on dvd than to take my chances on episodes that i mite not like and that will fill up my already small harddrive.
Jan 27, 2009 9:45 PM

May 2007
Can someone actaully prove to me that there is horrible quality on Crunchy Roll, and how it is wrong to have to pay for great quality when the free quality is passable.

I honestly can't believe I am defending Crunchy Roll, before it went legit I wanted Shinji's head, but that 4 million dollar(I believe that was the number) ad deal Shinji made seems to be the kick in butt anime companies needed to relize people would watch anime online.

Once again the only problem with Crunchy Roll is the region locking, but guess what that is all you people's countrys that aren't allowing it, not Crunchy Roll.

Just off the top of my head France is blocking Naruto, believe it.
My anime list
Jan 27, 2009 10:41 PM

Aug 2007
mitamaking said:

Once again the only problem with Crunchy Roll is the region locking, but guess what that is all you people's countrys that aren't allowing it, not Crunchy Roll.

Countries don't usually block websites. The websites do. I used to be able to watch any video on CR, but now I can't watch any (though usually I wanted to watch older/obscure shows that aren't airing here in Japan atm). They're the ones that are blocking IPs. [On another note, my friends in Malaysia have been blocked from the animate website, on account of Helatia (sp?) they think.]

CR is nice for people that don't want to pay for anime, don't care if it's streams and who live in America, but not for anyone else....
Jan 27, 2009 11:11 PM

Sep 2008
aranelcharis said:
mitamaking said:

Countries don't usually block websites. The websites do. I used to be able to watch any video on CR, but now I can't watch any (though usually I wanted to watch older/obscure shows that aren't airing here in Japan atm). They're the ones that are blocking IPs. [On another note, my friends in Malaysia have been blocked from the animate website, on account of Helatia (sp?) they think.]

CR is nice for people that don't want to pay for anime, don't care if it's streams and who live in America, but not for anyone else....

yeah..the site block IP..but it make not sense if you use proxy to stream anime.

Jan 27, 2009 11:34 PM

Nov 2007
just supporting crunchy roll is horribe lol

seriously whats the point of licesing anime to stream u need to just buy it on dvd lol

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jan 28, 2009 4:31 AM

Jun 2008
Protoculture said:
Just supporting Crunchyroll is horrible

Seriously, what's the point of licensing anime to stream? You just need to buy it on dvd l
/spelling, grammar etc

Plenty of reasons. Worldwide access, convenience, comparatively cheaper cost.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 28, 2009 6:47 AM

Jan 2008
I applaud CR for trying to become legit. At the same time, I think it's going to be hard for them to continue being popular at this rate..
Jan 28, 2009 12:21 PM
Dec 2007
Anomalous said:
BTW, Crunchyroll's safe, right? I've heard bad things about viruses in some streaming sites but I don't think Crunchyroll specifically.

Yeah it's not the safest place on the internet. I got a Trojan virus from their site not to long ago.

And in regards to CR's situation, I think it's great that they're trying to create a legal, and more trusting way of sharing anime with other countries. I do miss the majority of their media, though. ;[
Jan 28, 2009 12:58 PM

May 2008
The public can still access unlisted videos by merely typing in the direct URL.

Well now, I didn't know about this.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 28, 2009 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
I support Crunchy Roll because I see their potential to become part of the wave of digital medium. Think about it, more and more people are buying songs, tv shows, and movies on sites like iTunes store instead of an actual hard copy from stores. It's only logical that some of the anime industry would want to be a part of that. And while it still has along way to go to become anything similar, improvements in quality(of streams and downloads) and various features will come since it's only recently become legit. It's too early to say if this venture will turn out to be profitable for crunchrolls investors.

And yes I do understand that Crunchyroll is more like a Youtube than an iTunes store but I see Crunchyroll as more of an experiment in seeing if profit can be made in a Youtube medium while delivering a variety of anime to broad audiences where some of the anime might not even have a chance being licensed ever anyways.

Man that's a lot of text and I don't know if that really got my point across.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Jan 29, 2009 1:20 AM

Oct 2007
Sohei said:
its what they get for deleting LOGH of their site.
A rumor on /m/ states that it's been licensed, by a real company.
Jan 29, 2009 10:01 AM

Jul 2007
llxwarbirdxll said:
Sohei said:

Any company brave enough to license that monster of a show is insane. And I mean that in a good way.

oh, these little earthquakes
Jan 29, 2009 11:07 AM

Apr 2008
Anomalous said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
Sohei said:

Any company brave enough to license that monster of a show is insane. And I mean that in a good way.

Why would i want to hear awesome LOGH cast voices in english?
i'd rather have them sub the side stories first ^_^
Jan 29, 2009 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
Does Crunchyroll have legally licensed english dubbed anime?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jan 29, 2009 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
Sohei said:
Anomalous said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
Sohei said:

Why would i want to hear awesome LOGH cast voices in english?
i'd rather have them sub the side stories first ^_^

It's long and niche, so I doubt they'd try anything but a sub-only box set release.

Baby_Naruto said:
As of a few months ago, it's all legally licensed. I haven't checked it out myself, so I dunno how much is dubbed, if any.

oh, these little earthquakes
Jan 29, 2009 1:49 PM

Mar 2008
Anomalous said:
Baby_Naruto said:
As of a few months ago, it's all legally licensed. I haven't checked it out myself, so I dunno how much is dubbed, if any.

Well, I'm not gonna visit CrunchyRoll if it doesn't have any english dubbed anime.

Jan 29, 2009 5:13 PM

Mar 2008
Anomalous said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
Sohei said:

Yeah, i'd be glad and all, but it's not a smart financial decision lolz.
Jan 29, 2009 8:54 PM

May 2007
Baby_Naruto said:
Anomalous said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Well, I'm not gonna visit CrunchyRoll if it doesn't have any english dubbed anime.

It has the 1980s Gatchaman OVA, and an OVA called Catblue Dynamite(very good by the way) Crunchyroll doesn't do many dubs, it is more of a sub community, for dubs go Anime Network Online, Hulu, or Funimation.com
My anime list
Jan 29, 2009 9:43 PM

Mar 2008
mitamaking said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Anomalous said:
Baby_Naruto said:

It has the 1980s Gatchaman OVA, and an OVA called Catblue Dynamite(very good by the way) Crunchyroll doesn't do many dubs, it is more of a sub community, for dubs go Anime Network Online, Hulu, or Funimation.com

Well that sucks.

Jan 30, 2009 3:21 AM

Nov 2007
turkeymeister said:

and world wide access is a joke LULWUT some country's are blocked what hypocrites

with cr u get bad translations that u have to pay for to watch airing anime........on naruto this recent episode.... there were alot and using horrible choices of words like gee willikers,zoinks and other poor choices jeez wth its not amusing to have my anime ruined like that id rather watch raws in fact i will from now

yes but streaming............ atleast with itunes u get something to show from that

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

fix MAL already
Jan 30, 2009 11:05 AM

May 2007
Protoculture said:
turkeymeister said:

and world wide access is a joke LULWUT some country's are blocked what hypocrites

with cr u get bad translations that u have to pay for to watch airing anime........on naruto this recent episode.... there were alot and using horrible choices of words like gee willikers,zoinks and other poor choices jeez wth its not amusing to have my anime ruined like that id rather watch raws in fact i will from now

yes but streaming............ atleast with itunes u get something to show from that

And yet you watch Horrible-subs, which are direct rips of the subs, you must really hate those, anyway worldwide is getting better

Tower of Druaga, Blassreiter, Catblue Dynamite, Dear Boys, Eyeshield 21, Fairy Muskeeter Akazukin, Gintama, Linebarrels of Iron, Naruto Shippudenn, Neo Angelique Abyss, Shugo Chara, Skip Beat, Speed Racer, Steel Angel Kurumi, Strike Witches, Time of Eve, and Viewtiful Joe

Are all available outside the US, 15 tv shows and 2 OVAs.
My anime list
Jan 30, 2009 1:27 PM

Nov 2008
I don't use crunchyroll especially now that you have to pay.
Jan 31, 2009 2:48 AM

Nov 2007
miscs said:

im not gonna use it anymore

besides just gonna have to go back to manga and watch the raws of shows lol i hope shinji dies in horriffic way

i just hope HS keeps it up and blows smoke up CR's ass

fix MAL already
Jan 31, 2009 8:19 AM
Aug 2007
miscs said:

You don't have to pay. Most of what's on site is free or will be free in a week after original simulcast.

orz~ >_<
Jan 31, 2009 8:31 AM

Nov 2008
I want the old CR back..! Q_Q The most rare anime where only there to watch, there are a lot of rare anime I can't watch now.. >.<
Jan 31, 2009 10:07 AM

May 2007
Protoculture said:
miscs said:

im not gonna use it anymore

besides just gonna have to go back to manga and watch the raws of shows lol i hope shinji dies in horriffic way

i just hope HS keeps it up and blows smoke up CR's ass

Are you really wishing death on a guy for making anime legal to us, wow!

Anyway go watch your raws and know 160,000 saw the first episode TV Tokyo uploaded to Crunchyroll in it's first week. :)
My anime list
Feb 1, 2009 2:22 AM

Nov 2007
lol wether its legal or not did you know its legal untill it gets licensed in that country then its illegal to do that >.> its confusing but im glad its a system that wont affect me for 3-4 more years lol by then its too late for them

what i said confuses u come on vent and rant to your hearts content
host/ip 216.6.227.225

port 27605

pm me for an account

fix MAL already
Feb 1, 2009 10:59 AM

May 2007
Protoculture said:
lol wether its legal or not did you know its legal untill it gets licensed in that country then its illegal to do that >.> its confusing but im glad its a system that wont affect me for 3-4 more years lol by then its too late for them

what i said confuses u come on vent and rant to your hearts content
host/ip 216.6.227.225

port 27605

pm me for an account

That is not true, I know it is confusing, but by watching stuff without the anime companies permission you are breaking International Copyright Laws, those state that even if a show is not distributed in your country you cannot watch it without permission from the companies that make it.

What Crunchyroll is doing now is allowing shows not licensed in most countries to be aired with permission from the Japanese companies, shows like Naruto, Gintama, and Shugo Chara are all being uploaded by TV Tokyo, a Japanese company.
My anime list
Feb 1, 2009 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
Protoculture said:
turkeymeister said:

I honestly don't see why bad translations would matter to you at all. :V
Feb 1, 2009 7:44 PM

Nov 2007
true xD but the use of ZOINKS and gee willigers just make it all a joke iots not scooby doo or the 50s lol

and yer but seriously i dont see people going all that way to persecute and sue if you download them if your in another country they end up loosing 10x more money that way but yer should have been done another way other then streaming and if people have to pay for it why not release the dvd uncut and cleaned version lol although thats asking for too much

fix MAL already
Feb 1, 2009 9:51 PM

May 2007
It has been said before, you don't have to pay, if you want high quality you do, but if you want a quality good enough to watch then the H.264 is fine, it is equivalent to .mkv only not bloomed, so the quality is not an issue.

As for lack of cussing, konoero does not mean bastard, and anyone who really thinks a kid show in Japan would drop the eqivulent of f-bombs is an idiot, dattebayo and a lot of fansub groups "romantize" text to make it more edgy and the like.
mitamakingFeb 1, 2009 10:24 PM
My anime list
Feb 1, 2009 9:55 PM

Oct 2007
It probably does, but they don't have the annoying soccer moms to bitch about it.
Sep 5, 2010 5:37 AM
Mar 2009
Personally I can't stand Crunchyroll for the simple reason that it's a signpost for an imperialist attitude. When I want to watch Urobaku I get this:

"Sorry, this video is not available in your region due to licensing restrictions. We are trying to obtain worldwide rights for this title, please be patient."

So if you're not an American, you can just watching nothing, woot! Well, I'm glad HoribleSubs and FuniGuys are out there to screw CrunchySubs over. It makes my day.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

12 by _ATG_ »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.