Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2013 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
Man people need to keep manga spoiler down in this thread. I have read the manga but seriously people need to calm down since this is anime discussion. Also
RagingMan said:
ssjokg said:
To ALL THOSE THAT READ THE MANGA:

Damn this episode giving me chills. That budget blow out!
The formation scene was really cool to see in animated form.

At first it really weird to see Female Titan in that color scheme last ep but after watching this, it actually make sense, good job WIT.
RIP Ness & his beloved Shallot, poor guy.

Armin really shine in this ep. The part with Armin, Jean & Reiner are really awesome especially that Reiner's spin lol.

Gonna comment more after watching the sub version since the raw has horrible quality though.
Aug 3, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
Good stuff Good stuff
Aug 3, 2013 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
puddle_Killer said:
ErenxMikasa said:
newFlavor said:
Amarrez said:
newFlavor said:
There's something off with
? (for those who've read the manga)

REAL BIG SPOILERS:
Yea..I was having a "ohh...now I know why.." moment. But I guess Armin didn't have the time to catch that.

Hold onto that thought.

ssjokg said:
To ALL THOSE THAT READ THE MANGA:

Actually, that's wrong.

Exactly.The same happened to Hanji when she killed the Freddie Titan.
Aug 3, 2013 4:36 PM

Feb 2013
TITAN TITS
Aug 3, 2013 4:38 PM
Jul 2012
OMG awesome as always i thought the REINER was going 2 die T_T damn that was awesome :) it was just tooo EPIC 1000000/10 cant w8 4 next week XD ><
RANADAug 3, 2013 4:49 PM
Aug 3, 2013 4:40 PM

Mar 2013
The animation was just GOLDEN. The best out of all the other episodes, in my opinion. Loved how they showed where everyone was in the formation.

Did Armin mention how Mikasa and Levi might be able to take out the female titan in the manga?
Aug 3, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
I haven't read the manga but this is just an observation of mine

But the animation in this episode was awesome, and the OST as well, whoever that Titan may be, she's smart for blocking her neck, and I wonder what she wants with Eren though.

Also I though Reiner was dead for a second, but he is pretty strong, and that scene with him spinning out of the female Titan's hand was epic.
Aug 3, 2013 4:45 PM

Jan 2011
Episode was as awesome as people predicted. Clearly the anime of the year, and one we'll be comparing others to for years to come.

(Actually I guess that depends on when your year starts--so I'll start mine at the beginning of the fall season just in case there is something even better on its way--tough to imagine as that might be...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 3, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2010
Great episode. I didn't read the manga, but I saw the STEAMY hints being dropped.
Aug 3, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2013
Episode was freaking awesome 6/5. Female titan is strong but don't think she can beat Levi/Mikasa/Eren unless Eren goes bat shit crazy again which is highly unlikely since Levi would kill him.
Aug 3, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
Megaton said:
Great episode. I didn't read the manga, but I saw the STEAMY hints being dropped.
Read some posts above.
Aug 3, 2013 4:50 PM
Sep 2012
45Ravager said:

But the animation in this episode was awesome, and the OST as well, whoever that Titan may be, she's smart for blocking her neck, and I wonder what she wants with Eren though.

Also I though Reiner was dead for a second, but he is pretty strong, and that scene with him spinning out of the female Titan's hand was epic.

I thought the same about Annie.For both the look of eyes and she joinin to police force instead of survey corps even tho she is powerfull etc.Tricky kinky...I wonder.....
Aug 3, 2013 4:50 PM

Feb 2012
Man Armin spoiled everything with his "It's a human in titan body like Eren" lines. Now even tho I haven't read the manga, probably know who it is.

Dude why, just stfu and try to stop it.

But still the episode was awesome, can't wait to see what will that Female titan do with Eren when she finds him.
Aug 3, 2013 4:51 PM
Jul 2011
Armin made the titan think she accidentally killed Eren? Nice.
Aug 3, 2013 4:53 PM

Apr 2010
Ramkec said:
Man Armin spoiled everything with his "It's a human in titan body like Eren" lines. Now even tho I haven't read the manga, probably know who it is.

Dude why, just stfu and try to stop it.

But still the episode was awesome, can't wait to see what will that Female titan do with Eren when she finds him.

Apparently you have forgotten that Armin is the brains of the group.

That aside, this episode was just chock-full of awesome.
Aug 3, 2013 4:53 PM

Sep 2012
45Ravager said:

I haven't read the manga, but I thought the same thing
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Aug 3, 2013 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
Damn the animation, their formation, the soundtrack, another unique Titan, all just WOW!
I didn't expect Reiner to get killed but he made back alive

Next episode is going to be big...

Aug 3, 2013 5:07 PM

Mar 2013
This actually never occurred to me while I was reading the manga but...

...are their hoods magical?

Seriously they're riding at like 30 mph and their hoods are nearly static while on.
Poorfag-chanAug 3, 2013 5:15 PM
Aug 3, 2013 5:07 PM
Jun 2013
What did Armin mean when he shouted a bunch of things that distracted the female titan?
Aug 3, 2013 5:08 PM

May 2013
If it is a human in a titan body, I wonder who it is.
Aug 3, 2013 5:08 PM

Dec 2012
Strykero said:
What did Armin mean when he shouted a bunch of things that distracted the female titan?

This. He said something about the titan killing his 'best friend'? Maybe I watched the wrong subs though.
Aug 3, 2013 5:09 PM

Jun 2012
Arete7 said:
Episode was freaking awesome 6/5. Female titan is strong but don't think she can beat Levi/Mikasa/Eren unless Eren goes bat shit crazy again which is highly unlikely since Levi would kill him.

lol u have no clue how strong the female titan is :)

Jun 2009
I am up to date with the manga but the anime never ceases to amaze me. The music adds to the whole viewing experience, the animation is a amazing (i loved how they explained the formation)

Apr 2013
Female titan looks so familiar.
Aug 3, 2013 5:11 PM

Aug 2010
Lol the titan with the nice ass...mmm
Aug 3, 2013 5:11 PM

Dec 2009
EPICCCCC. Lol at "dat ass"
Aug 3, 2013 5:12 PM
Jun 2013
dunsparcedude said:
Strykero said:

This. He said something about the titan killing his 'best friend'? Maybe I watched the wrong subs though.

I got those subs too but I'm still trying to clear out what he meant by that
Aug 3, 2013 5:14 PM

Jul 2010
I almost forgot how to breathe during this episode.I thought that this show can't get any more epic, but yeah well, i was very wrong.
Reiner x female titan's hand scene was brilliant.

Also, why i never got end cards in episodes i watch? not only SnK, but any just anime.
Aug 3, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
The music and animation were damn near perfect. God, I really love everything about this show. It may be because I am on a Shingeki no Kyojin high right now, but this is got to be one of the most epic anime. *yes, I'm sickened by my own devotion to the series, no need to point it out*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
Armin made the titan think she accidentally killed Eren? Nice.

oh duh! i should have realized it before
while watching the episode i didn't understand at all why he started screaming those things to jean. so he was trying to make the titan believe that eren was already dead

oh man, i really love armin
Aug 3, 2013 5:19 PM

Jan 2012
Strykero said:
dunsparcedude said:
Strykero said:

He was trying to trick the female titan into thinking that she killed Eren already. That's why she stopped to listen to Armin.
Aug 3, 2013 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
I'm straight but I have to say it... DAT ASS.

Overall good episode, finally more action.
Aug 3, 2013 5:20 PM
Jun 2013
kaykenner54 said:
Strykero said:
dunsparcedude said:
Strykero said:

He was trying to trick the female titan into thinking that she killed Eren already. That's why she stopped to listen to Armin.

I was thinking that was it but I wasn't sure if that was the reason :i thanks!
Aug 3, 2013 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
Titan seems to be back in action.

But... uhm, without spoiling anything, was it just me or did this episode heavily foreshadow or even spoil future events? I've only come across some vague spoilers, but now I can form a rather coherent idea. Was it intential by the anime, as in it was like this in the manga, or did the anime mess it up?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 3, 2013 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
Strykero said:
dunsparcedude said:
Strykero said:

To deceive the female titan into believing that she had accidentally killed Eren. Since that's who she was looking for.
Aug 3, 2013 5:27 PM
Dec 2012
Marow said:
Titan seems to be back in action.

But... uhm, without spoiling anything, was it just me or did this episode heavily foreshadow or even spoil future events? I've only come across some vague spoilers, but now I can form a rather coherent idea. Was it intential by the anime, as in it was like this in the manga, or did the anime mess it up?

The manga foreshadows just as heavily as in the manga.

Its just that in the anime, you get to use tools such as colour and tone to prove your point across. So that type of forshadowing don't appear in the manga ;3
Aug 3, 2013 5:27 PM

Apr 2010
People wondering about 'who' the female titan is confuse me, I really am wondering 'why' is it doing this, why would a human in a titan form lead armies of titans to destroy humanity? Wouldn't that make the Colossal titan and the Armored titan also. . . humans in titan form since they hold some intelligence?

Also, what's the plan? And speaking of plans, why did Jean, Reiner, Armin get different 'information' about Levi's squad location? I suspect that Erwin somehow knows something, if he 'foresaw' this happening then probably that female titan is someone from the formation.

But then again. . . I really don't know, I don't understand. I want episode 18 now. . . But no, I have to wait a week for it.

On the other hand I got scared for Reiner to the point my eyes welled up with tears when it seemed like he was crushed. . . But I'm so happy he wasn't, also I like how Jean's personality seems to change.
Aug 3, 2013 5:31 PM

Apr 2007
45Ravager said:

Same here glad someone who didnt read the manga noticed too :P
Aug 3, 2013 5:34 PM
Apr 2013
This may be the best episode for the last month. And I know it would get better if the staff keep the quality.
Aug 3, 2013 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
iLostReason said:
I almost forgot how to breathe during this episode.I thought that this show can't get any more epic, but yeah well, i was very wrong.
Reiner x female titan's hand scene was brilliant.

Also, why i never got end cards in episodes i watch? not only SnK, but any just anime.

Because HorribleSubs rips don't include them?
Aug 3, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2012
07:30 WTH? Teh huge kyojin got pwned by a small tree? Didn't make any sense.

09:21 ii kuma da!

09:54 busty titan!

12:49 seems like the kyonyuu kyojin's looking for someone, could it be Eren?

19:37 totally looks like Mikasa... o.o
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

May 2012
Good episode. Solid and fluid animation coupled by a few intense moments, although it was pretty obvs Armin wasn't gonna die at any point. Still, probably the first good episode since the 1st. I think I know who that titan is and it is pretty obvious IMO.

9/10.
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow them abnormal titans are so creepy, especially that crawling one Sasha encountered. I loved the way they did the explanation on the formation scene, it was pretty intense and clearer than when I read the manga. Female Titan finally shows up! She looks awesome animated, but so brutal :( The music was perfectly placed in the episode too, made it so epic o_o Everything was just perfect, really. I think I'm going to watch this wonderful episode once again, especially the last part with Armin, Jean, and Reiner. Armin did seem like he went insane though, haha. Jean should've known better that Armin was shouting all those things on purpose. He saved your life!
Aug 3, 2013 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
kaykenner54 said:
Strykero said:
dunsparcedude said:
Strykero said:

This is why I really like forums, thank you I never realized that.
Aug 3, 2013 5:43 PM

Feb 2010
reiner dat bastard

Feb 2013
That was intense!!!

Lol that 1 person who said they hated this episode

Feb 2012
Amazing episode wow. Had me at the edge of my seat basically the entire episode. Can't wait for next week.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Aug 3, 2013 5:44 PM

Mar 2013
The person that rated 1, please explain why.
Aug 3, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2011

Holy shit this episode was all kinds of awesome. Even how the sky looks had me in awe. Damn that female titan is sexy as hell.
[center]
Aug 3, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2013
RandyBoyz said:
The one that rated 1, please explain why.

"Hurr Hurr i'm just a gud troll i'll rate it 1 huehuehue"
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.