Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2013 4:45 PM

Apr 2009
Fun speculation time: Is Levi's history of thuggery connected to the thugs that kidnapped Mikasa?
Jul 20, 2013 4:48 PM

Jun 2012
Amarrez said:
Fun speculation time: Is Levi's history of thuggery connected to the thugs that kidnapped Mikasa?

I'm gonna be thinking about this for the next 4 months.
Jul 20, 2013 4:49 PM

Mar 2013
Amarrez said:

Oh my... Imagine if it was? That would be well awkward. Something else for Mikasa to hate him for as well as his treatment of Eren.
Jul 20, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2012
Levihan ; A ; Levi cleaning gets me so hot and bothered /fans self. Can't wait for the poop joke.

I find Hanji such a great character because unlike everyone else she's not so set on exterminating the titans but she wants to learn from them. I find her so amusing when she gets all excited about her experiments. And I really felt for her when she was causing Sawney and Bean pain- and when they disappeared. It's just like having a pet, once you give them a name, all the more do you get attached ):

Amarrez said:
I only had one problem with this episode. If you haven't read up to chapter 20 of the manga don't open this.

About Ilse's notebook, there's going to be an OVA based on that so that's probably why they left it out this episode.
Jul 20, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
Smirker said:
It seems like the story is being dragged out. I loved this anime for its fast pace. But then again, it might be the calm before the storm. I'm hoping the storm will pick up from where it left off.
they're adapting the manga faithfully.. and the story isn't dragged out, its the beginning of a new arc with new characters so they're introducing them and giving us some new information. AND yes there will be a lot of action in the upcoming weeks.
Jul 20, 2013 4:56 PM

Apr 2010
Arete7 said:

mad bra? Now i want more recaps so i can see more spoiled brats shit themselves lol.

Amarrez said:
I only had one problem with this episode. If you haven't read up to chapter 20 of the manga don't open this.

It wasn't mentioned during the chapter either. Don't remember, but Has Ilse's Notebook ever been mentioned during the manga besides the side chapter?
Jul 20, 2013 4:57 PM

Oct 2010
I love Hanji. Favorite character of the series.
Jul 20, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2009
antonn said:

Amarrez said:

It wasn't mentioned during the chapter either. Don't remember, but Has Ilse's Notebook ever been mentioned during the manga besides the side chapter?

She begins to mention it in the manga but is interrupted by the news of Sawney and Bean's death, if I recall correctly.
Jul 20, 2013 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
Amarrez said:

Jul 20, 2013 5:00 PM

Apr 2010
Amarrez said:
antonn said:

Amarrez said:

She begins to mention it in the manga but is interrupted by the news of Sawney and Bean's death, if I recall correctly.

Ah yea, she mentions Ilse Langner's name then get's cut off.
Jul 20, 2013 5:00 PM

Jun 2012
Since these are all too big to make my signature, might as well share them here:

Levi is waifu material

Why so sexy?

Eren's reactions to Hanji are just awesome.

Hanji....can we just.....get married?
Jul 20, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2011
we got more info. about the titans..
i liked that Cocky bastard -Auruo- *lol*
Hanji she's so funny xD
Erwin he knows something..
MIKE the sniffer he's awesome.
5/5
Jul 20, 2013 5:10 PM
Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
I can't be the only one who went and read the Sawney Bean article on Wikipedia after watching this, right?

Woah, I had no idea this story was real. I just thought it was something they made up. This world is seriously messed up.

Overall, good episode. I like the character developments. And getting to know why Hanji is crazy and cheerful the way she is. Looking forward to seeing more character development in the next episode.

And what was up with Erwin's question to Erin at the end? Almost sounded like he and Levi were the ones who killed off the Titans. It'd be interesting to find out what those two really have planned for Erin.

Only part I didn't like about this episode was that there was no Mikasa in it! I might be the only one here who doesn't like Levi. Just don't see what all the fuss is about. Mikasa on the other hand, <3 <3 <3
Jul 20, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2010
God damn it Hanji Zoe, stop being so amazing. Now I have another favorite in this show.
Jul 20, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
GOD DAMMIT CAAAAAIIIINNN!! Uhh... I mean Erwin. Yeah.

Pretty nice episode that fleshes out the characters.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jul 20, 2013 5:26 PM

Nov 2011
That woman is out of her damn mind. I did like this episode, though. Finally getting into the politicking of the world and the power struggle within humanity.
Jul 20, 2013 5:29 PM
Feb 2013
lol at the guy that bit his tongue!

This episode was interesting, a bunch of interesting characters in the Recon Corps, especially Major Hanji lol

I actually felt bad at the end when Sawney and Bean got killed lol
Jul 20, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2012
Interesting ep for sure.

Can't help but have this feeling that Hanji will die in the future especially with how she acts around the titans during experiments.
Jul 20, 2013 5:36 PM

May 2013
LEVI CLEANING MODE lkajsalkhdsl my room is a total mess hopefully he came from the sky and cleaned my room. People in Recon are freaks, wutt.

HANJII omg Romi Park's voice is just -- it's sad her titans were killed. Still confused over Erwin's question to Eren "Who is the enemy now?" perhaps some of you guys got any clue? *^*

Apart of it, Rivaille rly is shorter than Eren....he's more likely to be Eren's lil bro
Ow Jiyuu no Tsubasa (OP) lyrics are apparently 80% German
souhienJul 20, 2013 5:41 PM
Jul 20, 2013 5:37 PM

Nov 2012
I've never been so interested in an anime since Death Note.
Jul 20, 2013 5:38 PM

Apr 2009
lightcard said:
Still confused over Erwin's question to Eren "Who is the enemy now?" perhaps some of you guys got any clue? *^*

I sure do.
Jul 20, 2013 5:39 PM

Jun 2012
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:
Still confused over Erwin's question to Eren "Who is the enemy now?" perhaps some of you guys got any clue? *^*

I sure do.

Same here.
Jul 20, 2013 5:40 PM

May 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:

I sure do.

Same here.

Tell meeeee /coughundercuriositycough
Jul 20, 2013 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:

I sure do.

Same here.

I haven't read the manga and don't know, so I will wager a guess - it is related to the internal power struggle between Recon, the Police, The politicians, the Church, etc. Someone doesn't want the truth about the Titans coming out so they killed them before more experiments could be done. Erwin was basically telling Eren "watch your back." If someone wants the secrets of the Titans to remain secret, killing Eren would be high on their to do list.
Jul 20, 2013 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
lightcard said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:

I sure do.

Same here.

Reread the manga, it's explained pretty explicitly.
Jul 20, 2013 5:44 PM

Jun 2012
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:

I sure do.

Same here.

Jul 20, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
Another great episode. Haha, that Auruo Bossard talking on his horse and bit his tongue was hilarious. All the Levi fangirls probably went crazy seeing Levi cleaning the castle. Man, Hanji is such a weirdo yet she's so awesome. We got to learn a lot more about the Titans from her experiments, really interesting. I laughed my ass off when I saw Eren with eyebags. Erwin creeps me out. Especially at the end. The way the episode ended... gave me the goosebumps! Erwin is definitely up to something no good. Can't wait to find out what it is.
5/5
Jul 20, 2013 5:46 PM

Mar 2013
Part of me wants to read the manga, but the other part wants to remained surprised every week.
Decisions.... Decisions...
Jul 20, 2013 5:47 PM
Feb 2012
And the enemy Erwin is talking about is...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 20, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2011
Wait a minute, is the Titan's name written as Sawney or Sonny? I just checked manga and it said Sonny as well as in the anime. However, some posts here mentions it as Sawney?

Just curious.
Jul 20, 2013 5:49 PM

Apr 2009
Stark700 said:
Wait a minute, is the Titan's name written as Sawney or Sonny? I just checked manga and it said Sonny as well as in the anime. However, some posts here mentions it as Sawney?

The clan leader she is referencing was called "Sawney Bean", so it speaks to reason to call him Sawney.
Jul 20, 2013 5:50 PM

Mar 2013
Petra's reaction when Rivaille popped back into the room was priceless, like "Don't mind me I've been sweeping the whole time." Also Hanje is so funny. That split second shot of her after Eren asked her about the experiment was great and everyone's reaction like "Eren shut your mouth." A well adapted and pretty funny overall episode.
Jul 20, 2013 5:50 PM

Feb 2010
Moekou said:
EarlCiel said:
Anyways, I was really looking forward to his cleaning, but I can't help but point out how strangely Levi drinks his coffee (or is that tea?).
Might be because I have "Ciel" in my username, but it just bothered me so much for some reason, and reminded me of how L eats his cakes.

Coincidentally,they were both designed as "ugly"/not conventionally attractive, yet quickly became the most popular character with the biggest fangirl following

You're talking about L, right? Not Ciel. Because if you were talking about Ciel, I'd question your eyesight...like srsly go get glasses if you meant Ciel. o__o

I could care less about how people "see" Levi, but basing solely on appearances and their designs is not necessarily what makes a character the most popular. It's their personality and how likable they are that earns them high points with many of the viewers. Many, not most. Clearly, Levi's badass attitude and awesome slicing skills captured the hearts of many watching this show and he's not ugly to them, so beauty really is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. I'd say he's pretty darn handsome, though.
Jul 20, 2013 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Nothing really happened. Although what Arwin said at the end was interesting, I suspect that the Military Police were involved.

2/5 for lack of content - because of the fact that it was a setup episode that did hardly any setting up, most of it seemed pointless except for the ending. I did find it entertaining but I want to be fair when rating this, I'd probably excuse this lack of content if it was an action-oriented episode.

MinagatachiJul 20, 2013 5:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2013 5:52 PM

Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
Stark700 said:

The clan leader she is referencing was called "Sawney Bean", so it speaks to reason to call him Sawney.

Ah I see. Poor Titan ;.; poor Hanji ;.;
Jul 20, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:

I sure do.

Same here.

Anyway thank you for the info. I read the manga like skimming so I probably dont get the 'important' part XD
Jul 20, 2013 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
lightcard said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Amarrez said:
lightcard said:

I sure do.

Same here.

Anyway thank you for the info. I read the manga like skimming so I probably dont get the 'important' part XD

Why would you skim the manga? And there's more to Erwin's comment than that, but you'll see when the anime gets there in maybe 5-6 episodes.
Jul 20, 2013 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
People, really? Having a conversation about things that happen in the manga when clearly this isn't the place to discuss it? I'm following the manga so it's nothing against me, but even I'm getting pissed at the amount of spoilers filling the freaking thread. If someone wants to be spoiled, great, because you know there's something conveniently made where you can private message each other and spoil to your heart's content. Don't have this discussion here.

I know this has been addressed many times and at this point people really don't give a crap since people have been breaking that rule and running their mouths nonstop, but stop writing whatever the hell you want and be a little considerate to others. Take a good long look around you. You're in an anime discussion thread. Learn to read?
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

And don't even try to reason with me and tell me you can do whatever you want. Sure, it's in spoiler tags and whoever clicks on it doomed themselves, but you know that you aren't supposed be talking about it in the first place. That is all.
EarlCielJul 20, 2013 6:05 PM
Jul 20, 2013 6:00 PM

Sep 2012
LOL
Awesome episode
Hanji is a psycho, but I still love her
And Levi is still a badass even while he was cleaning xD
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jul 20, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2013
EarlCiel said:
People, really? Having a conversation about things that happen in the manga when clearly this isn't the place to discuss it? I'm following the manga so I it's nothing against me, but even I'm getting pissed at the amount of spoilers. If someone wants to be spoiled, great, because you know there's something conveniently made where you can private message each other and spoil to your heart's content. Don't have this discussion here.

I know this has been addressed many times and at this point people really don't give a crap since people have been breaking that rule and running their mouths nonstop, but stop writing whatever the hell you want and be a little considerate to others. Take a good long look around you. You're in an anime discussion thread. Learn to read?
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

And don't even try to reason with me and tell me you can do whatever you want. Sure, it's in spoiler tags and whoever clicks on it doomed themselves, but you know know you shouldn't even be talking about it in the first place. That is all.

Apologise about that in advance.
Jul 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Mar 2013
No mikasa today.. =(
Jul 20, 2013 6:03 PM

May 2013
This episode makes me want a pet 5-meter class titan.

So Kawaii, uguu~
Jul 20, 2013 6:03 PM

Jun 2010
Lol Hanji is so hardcore.

I am really curious what's up with Erwin. Even now in the Manga, his true self is still unknown...

RIP Sawney, Bean. You guys will be missed.
Jul 20, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
Flan-chan said:

So Kawaii, uguu~

It would make a great pet. All it needs is sunshine & it doesn't poop.
Jul 20, 2013 6:08 PM
Aug 2011
Ahhh I just love Hanji.

Levi marry me right now and be the cleaning maiden of my heart.
Jul 20, 2013 6:10 PM

Apr 2012
not bad of an episode.
pretty much just introduced levi's team and how they're a bunch of weirdos.
i actually really like Hanji and the way that she looks at Titans and experiments with them.
i felt awful when the two subjects died though, they were filled with important information that could have been really helpful to everyone.
"Who do you think is the enemy?"
It looks like we may have an organization that could be planning something against everyone else. But for what purpose???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2013 6:16 PM

Jun 2012
antonn said:
Flan-chan said:

So Kawaii, uguu~

It would make a great pet. All it needs is sunshine & it doesn't poop.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jul 20, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
SupaNiper said:
The Levi naked scene is soon to come. Shingeki is the new FREE!

You got my hopes up, but then I remembered it wasn't in the manga...
Jul 20, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2013
I can't get Ed's voice out of my head when Hanji was screaming, screw you Romi u.u
Jul 20, 2013 6:41 PM

May 2013
Other great episode...

5/5
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.