Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2013 11:57 PM

Jun 2009
How did Touma survive getting thrown by a tornado, hitting a turbine, dropping like 5 floors onto the ground and splattered blood out his guts.

Great episode!

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jul 20, 2013 12:06 AM
Jul 2012
Wow that episode went by so fast. Can't wait for next week!
Jul 20, 2013 12:11 AM

Apr 2013
Brotwo said:
If Touma held onto accelerator, accelerator would grab onto him and reverse his blood flow - bad news. Touma had to keep a short distance, but a distance nonetheless and keep pounding him with his right arm.

On another note: Touma should've died from the explosion, fall, and rock sprays but he has plot armor so whatever.

I agree with you. It'd be pointless to hold onto Accelerator. After all, to hold onto him, Touma would have to use his imagine breaker hand...he couldn't really punch Accelerator then. His other hand would break from Accelerator's reflection.

For someone who complains about his misfortune, Touma sure is lucky when it comes to death. Or maybe it's unlucky...more suffering. =P Jkjk.
"What defines humans...defines us? Nobody will notice a change on the inside if you look the same on the outside." - Iori Nagase
Jul 20, 2013 12:41 AM
May 2013
Amazing episodes lately, I was never a big Touma fan even after last week's emotional rollercoaster.

But after watching this week's fight with Accelerator I understand why you guys are digging the Touman.
Jul 20, 2013 1:00 AM

May 2011
Wow, episode ended way too soon. I swear, that was the fastest 24 minutes I've ever experienced. O.O

This episode exceeded my expectations almost as much as the last one!
Jul 20, 2013 1:13 AM

May 2013
This was a great episode.
Jul 20, 2013 1:19 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow, I thought the fight will end in this episode but I was wrong. Loved the pacing and all the emotions this episode carried. And Touma vs. Accelerator was really sick! My jaw dropped upon seeing Touma's right fist land on Accelerator's face in slow mo! :D And thankfully it happened more than once too, lol! Truly satisfying!

I also love the part where Misaka was carrying MISAKA Imouto as they looked at Accelerator when he was pissed off that he found out the wind flow has been reversed. A truly excellent episode! Felt like I was watching a movie with that incredible animation.
Jul 20, 2013 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode.
Jul 20, 2013 1:28 AM

Jun 2011
NOOOOO! How could they end it there? Dx

5/5
Jul 20, 2013 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
This is the first time seeing J.C. Staff putting a lot of effort for this episode.

If I compare that with the Index version, I can see the absolute clear difference. The fight is more intense and full of impact, the animation is so much better, and best of all, the conversations in the Railgun version gives so much emotions.

Unlike Index version (as shown below), the dialogues are extremely rushed as though they only have 5 seconds to say their last word before got hit by the train.

Anyway, kudos to them, 10/5.
Jul 20, 2013 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
They need to remake Index I and II with this quality.
Jul 20, 2013 3:04 AM

Nov 2011
Let's take a moment and appreciate Accelerator's strange ass laugh.

The battle sure look better than how it was in index, the plasma clearly cooler.

Accel never fight hand to hand and rely heavily on his power so obviously he won't fair much against someone who use to punch people in the face in close combat.

Jul 20, 2013 3:05 AM

Oct 2009
Fucking EXCELLENT! JC never knew you had it in you! Just WOW. The OST was dam perfect!
Dam...

Upped the score to 9 from 8/10 :D!!
Jul 20, 2013 3:19 AM

May 2011
Frontalbrise said:
They need to remake Index I and II with this quality.

Chances of that happening are pretty low. But hey, might have something to look forward to with Index III!
Jul 20, 2013 3:20 AM

Feb 2013
Episode was kicking ass until the ending. Seems like they just dropped all the momentum.

But man, Touma had me on the edge of my seat, and the music hit all the right notes. Good stuff.
Jul 20, 2013 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
Omg. J.C Staff is out of their mind! They are doing the impossible. Perfect is an understatement. Holy crap. I am speechless once again.

Also using the first ED song instead of the second one is the right choice since it fits the last scene more. Godly adaptation.
Jul 20, 2013 3:49 AM

Mar 2013
Wow putting the Index:Miracle of Endymion money to good use, what a great episode,
Just makes me more excited for Index III (if it ever comes out)
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jul 20, 2013 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
that was so fucking fucking fucking good, holy fucking shit
Jul 20, 2013 3:55 AM

Jun 2009
J.C Staff, good job.

Keep it up! Restore my faith in you guys!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2013 4:02 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The mood was much better this time around, I enjoyed Touma's falcon punches as usual but Accelerator's plasma was shown in a far better way I reckon, (tbh the bomb above his head was a kinda crap to begin with in Index) and just overall the feeling and atmosphere is captured better both from depicting the whole story start to finish and obviously the visual improvements J.C Staff have made.
Jul 20, 2013 4:15 AM
Dec 2012
they should do it like this if want to make Index III
Jul 20, 2013 4:29 AM

Oct 2010
Dat art, dat animation, dat ost, dat voice acting.

J.C. Staff. I approve this.
Jul 20, 2013 4:37 AM

Apr 2010
Cliffhanger of cliffhangers.
Jul 20, 2013 4:44 AM

Mar 2013
The animation in this ep along with Touma's falcon punches were so perfect that this fight on Index can't even begin to compare to how well this was executed.
Touma is the best!!
I enjoyed this ep so much that it felt like it was 5 minutes...
Jul 20, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2008
Yvese said:
Awesome. Just awesome.

Way better than the original fight in Index.

Manabu said:

Yeah, what was that move? Touma gliding using ground effect?
It's one of Touma's many Falcon Punch variations.

I bet he learned that from Hajime no Ippo.
Jul 20, 2013 4:52 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome, can't even compare to Index.
Jul 20, 2013 4:52 AM

Jun 2008
Paul said:
guyklc said:
Wow, definitely one of JC Staff's better works. I really enjoyed this episode, as I have been for pretty much all of Railgun S.

Accelerator sucks at hand to hand combat though. Seriously, instead of laughing at how weak Touma is, Accelerator should be asking himself how he's getting owned by Touma's right hand only when he can use his whole body. Even if Accelerator can't use his ability on Touma (right hand only, but whatever), at the least use your muscles to pin down Touma.

Accelerator has little to no hand to hand experience because he's never been in a situation where he can't just use his powers. I doubt he has more physical strength than Touma does.

I bet even his reflexes must be horrible because he never even had to learn to dodge for protection. Actually due to his cockiness he probably just loves staying put while something run into him so he is a slugger of major degree that can hardly move properly.
Touma must be like a boxing god in-frond of him.
Jul 20, 2013 5:07 AM

Mar 2012
So much better than the Index version...! Wow.

Is the J.C. Staff Railgun team completely different than the Index team?

I think after this we should skip Index III and go straight to the third season of Railgun (j/k hehe).
Jul 20, 2013 5:17 AM

Aug 2012
hazerddex said:
Kazejimonji said:

and to think toumas fights only get harder from here XD

makes me wonder how the fight with Terra of the left is going to be XD for index season 3

im also questioning how the city is not a pile of rubble by the end of the battle royal arc.

ALSO WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CLIFF HANGER IT :(

Please use spoilers (I'm mainly talking about the second sentence..)
.................................................................................
Jul 20, 2013 5:31 AM

Feb 2011
I'm honestly really starting to dislike this series. I feel like they're spending way too much time on the same damn thing. Nothing's bloody happening! Accelerator beats some sisters, Misaka is all emo about it, and Touma is just annoying... Previous episode: same thing. Next episode: probably the same thing.

I haven't seen Toaru Majutsu no Index, but I loved Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. It had some different cases throughout the anime that in the end fitted nicely together. Railgun S is just one, boring case. And I really miss all of Misaka's friends :S
Jul 20, 2013 6:09 AM

Jun 2011
Bakufreak said:
Misaka is all emo

Black★Rock Shooter in your top 5 lol.........

The second half of the first season of Railgun was filler and it was much weaker than the source material from the first half it was what we got because the Sister Arc which is what we are watching now was not done yet in the manga at the time it aired.

This is what manga readers at the time the first season aired wanted and thought initially it might be the second hard of the first season when it first started airing. Now after a long wait we now have it and i think the majority agree it is the best Raildex anime ever done by JC Staff and probably one of the best things JC Staff has ever done all together.

I would rather have one really well done arc than lots of rushed and lacking details arcs which is one of the main problems with Index anime, when you give the time to adapt the source material properly this is what you get.

I have no idea how in the actual fuck you can call Touma annoying in this episode or the last but all i see is you not liking him taking even a second of time from Misaka or her friends. If you want a group of friends permanently dicking around then go watch K-ON or something. The friends are not part of this arc this is Misaka's arc and if you still do not understand that then i think you have missed a rather large point of this arc, this is a major point for Misaka so it is important to animate it properly. It also revolves around 3 major characters of Misaka, Touma and Accelerator on top of the sisters with their network still playing a major role in the story many times after, hell Accelerator even becomes a full blown protagonist in the series later.

Anyway this was another amazing episode everything about it was just great and it was how the fight should of been done in the first season of index, though i always thought Touma got blown straight up into the air backwards and smacking the pole not spun around in a current. I kind of wish they ditched the Accelerator noise during the start of the wind but i guess it is like a fit or something due to heavy duty calculations and a new clearance in his personal reality? I doubt he was just being freaky lol
DragoonDeusJul 20, 2013 6:51 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 20, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2010
Better than Index in terms of animation and perspective!
The plasma got amped up a TON from Index with the hurricane environment. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ls3mfnhOHpY/T1z9uGZNpxI/AAAAAAAAAEU/oTTtJYbirVA/s400/Index14e_Plasma.jpg

:O Man the fight with Touma was actually better done here with Touma actually looking hurt.
Jul 20, 2013 6:31 AM

Jul 2010
A much better adaption than in Index! The fight was epic and the whole plasma scene was beautiful. I really like how Misaka actually saw Touma punch Accelerator in his mouth.

I did however miss Touma telling Accelerator that he knows nothing of street fighting. I don't know if he does in the original material, but he did say it in Index. When it comes to actually using ones muscles, Accelerator is a skinny wimp! xD

Cannot wait for the conclusion to this confrontation!

Jul 20, 2013 6:32 AM

Feb 2009
Too much epic. This episode was so perfect!!
..I can't believe I missed Touma's falcon punches - didn't realise until this episode!
Animation was so high quality!
I love how we get a bit more insight into Accelerator. I honestly can't hate him or anything, or treat him like an actual villain because of his background. (and events later on in Index)
Jul 20, 2013 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
JC Staff should dump Index director Nishikiori Hiroshi and have Nagai Tatsuyuki (and his team, if he has a team?) do the Index series as well.

He's already done awesome in Railgun season 1 and now this season with Railgun S! He's bound to make it actually interesting and fun to watch as with Railgun. Look at the shows he's directed!
radleJul 20, 2013 6:41 AM
Jul 20, 2013 6:50 AM

Feb 2011
Slicer22 said:
this is Misaka's arc and if you still do not understand that then i think you have missed a rather large point of this arc

Oh, I totally understand it. I just don't like it. The concept of this arc is great, but 24 episodes of it? Maybe I would have liked it more if it was only 13 episodes. Second half of the first season of Railgun didn't feel like filler to me, but this has kinda started to do :l

You know? Maybe I should just go watch Index before watching the rest of this. Then I might appreciate this more?
Jul 20, 2013 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
Oh man, what an amazing episode.
Jul 20, 2013 7:01 AM

Jun 2011
Bakufreak said:
Slicer22 said:
this is Misaka's arc and if you still do not understand that then i think you have missed a rather large point of this arc

Oh, I totally understand it. I just don't like it. The concept of this arc is great, but 24 episodes of it? Maybe I would have liked it more if it was only 13 episodes. Second half of the first season of Railgun didn't feel like filler to me, but this has kinda started to do :l

You know? Maybe I should just go watch Index before watching the rest of this. Then I might appreciate this more?

This arc wont take up 24 episodes it ends probably next episode also the first episode was a light reintroduction back into the series after the break between season 1 and 2 and the first few episodes also had Misaka's friends they even had an anime original episode at episode 7 which was mostly about Misaka's friends though i did not like it much since it somewhat ruined the mood built up from episode 6 which was Misaka's confrontation with Accelerator it would of been better to not do the anime original episode 7 and go straight to episode 8, it would of maintained the mood that it built up so very well better though that is only a small issue.

So if not for the reintroduction first episode and the the anime original episode 7 then this arc would of already finished and started the next half of the anime but you got your Misaka's friends so you dont mind right? Oh and that adds up about 14 episodes (counting next episode) in total for this arc i think that is pretty close to your desired 13.
DragoonDeusJul 20, 2013 7:07 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 20, 2013 7:13 AM

Feb 2011
Slicer22 said:
This arc wont take up 24 episodes it ends probably next episode

Really? Awesome! A long time ago a friend had told me this season was going to be about the Sisters, so I assumed the "S" in the anime title meant "Sisters" or something, and that all 24 episodes was going to be about this. Well, if this arc ends in the next episode, and a new one begins, I'm totally cool with it.
Jul 20, 2013 7:27 AM

Feb 2010
Way better than the index counterpart.
Though in this version Accel seems to realize that there's something with Touma's hand (I don't really remember if that was the case in index) so I wonder how similar or different the next episode might be to index's.

Oh and so many great faces from Accelerator.
VanisherJul 20, 2013 7:38 AM
Jul 20, 2013 8:21 AM
Mar 2008
Railgun S keeps delivering. I'm impressed, JC Staff.
Jul 20, 2013 8:26 AM

Oct 2012
J.C. Staff, this is really beautiful episode
Wha..? Where's the previous ED?
I love the previous ED.. it's so beautiful especially with Touma & Misaka

Monad said:
Paul said:
guyklc said:
Wow, definitely one of JC Staff's better works. I really enjoyed this episode, as I have been for pretty much all of Railgun S.

Accelerator sucks at hand to hand combat though. Seriously, instead of laughing at how weak Touma is, Accelerator should be asking himself how he's getting owned by Touma's right hand only when he can use his whole body. Even if Accelerator can't use his ability on Touma (right hand only, but whatever), at the least use your muscles to pin down Touma.

Accelerator has little to no hand to hand experience because he's never been in a situation where he can't just use his powers. I doubt he has more physical strength than Touma does.

I bet even his reflexes must be horrible because he never even had to learn to dodge for protection. Actually due to his cockiness he probably just loves staying put while something run into him so he is a slugger of major degree that can hardly move properly.
Touma must be like a boxing god in-frond of him.

Remember science (especially espers) didn't need any martial arts :)
I agree with Monad if only Accelolicon's reflexes are great, he could dodge TouMAN's punch before it landed on his face
Also Accel isn't cocky but he's a badass and a bit crazy :)
Lol punching bag god you mean? xD

firejet said:
Better than Index in terms of animation and perspective!
The plasma got amped up a TON from Index with the hurricane environment. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ls3mfnhOHpY/T1z9uGZNpxI/AAAAAAAAAEU/oTTtJYbirVA/s400/Index14e_Plasma.jpg

:O Man the fight with Touma was actually better done here with Touma actually looking hurt.

Of course it's better because it's newer
From 2009 to 2013 ofc the details & animations are prettier
Oh and here's your pics
"Signature removed"
Jul 20, 2013 8:32 AM
Feb 2013
OMG OMG OMG OMG BEST RAILDEX EPISODE EVAR.

The animation is really great. Also the forming of plasma was much better compared to the Index version. Welp can't really blame cause Index was made at 2008,

10/10 for this Episode
Jul 20, 2013 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
Just as mentioned earlier in the thread, 2nd God Tier episode in row! I must say that from the shows I've seen from JC Staff, this has to be their better works. The OST, the animation and the well directed scenes, for me personally, this is better than it was on Index I. The fighting between Accelerator and Touma was better in Railgun S and I hope the next episode will be as God tier as this and the prior episode. Epic!

The emotions in this episode was well shown as well, all the feels when Misaka tries to wake up Misaka #10032 for to ask the other sisters to help her to stop Accelerator Plasma! I gotta say, it was brilliant and Accelerator didn't disappoint either, his hunger for power was shown really well alongside with Touma's desire to stop regardless how stronger Accelerator might be. I can't wait for the next episode and I wasn't even mad when this episode ended in a high note...cliffhangers man!

Jul 20, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
That was a beautiful uppercut!
The entire fight is much better than in Index.
Jul 20, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2010
Just how many shounen hacks is Touma's body made up of to be able to move after receiving that much damage just look at all the blood loss.
Accelerator going even more crazy then he already was was to be expected, well we already now the ending so.

What i have been wondering most is just how much did this project cost not just in making the sister and such but also in damage.
I guess the insurance companies in the city are crying right now.
Jul 20, 2013 9:32 AM

May 2010
Shit Touma Vs Accelrator was epic but this take it's to whole new level
Jul 20, 2013 9:33 AM

Aug 2012
Bakufreak said:
I'm honestly really starting to dislike this series. I feel like they're spending way too much time on the same damn thing. Nothing's bloody happening! Accelerator beats some sisters, Misaka is all emo about it, and Touma is just annoying... Previous episode: same thing. Next episode: probably the same thing.

I haven't seen Toaru Majutsu no Index, but I loved Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. It had some different cases throughout the anime that in the end fitted nicely together. Railgun S is just one, boring case. And I really miss all of Misaka's friends :S

For some reason I just knew that you saw Lucky Star and gave it a 10 after I read the sentence "And I really miss all of Misaka's friends"
.................................................................................
Jul 20, 2013 9:45 AM
Mar 2013

Romedbaumann said:
Bakufreak said:

For some reason I just knew that you saw Lucky Star and gave it a 10 after I read the sentence "And I really miss all of Misaka's friends"
agreed, while im enjoying all the screen time both touma and accelerator have, and how well adapted they are i kinda miss misaka and her friends as well. i think im gonna enjoy the 8 episodes filler.
GoldzeroJul 20, 2013 9:49 AM
Jul 20, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2012
MapoTofu said:
How did Touma survive getting thrown by a tornado, hitting a turbine, dropping like 5 floors onto the ground and splattered blood out his guts.
Though the same
It was a bit overboard in my opinion. Touma is still a human, and not from Krypton ^^

Goldzero said:

Bakufreak said:

agreed, while im enjoying all the screen time both touma and accelerator have, and how well adapted they are i kinda miss misaka and her friends as well. i think im gonna enjoy the 8 episodes filler.
I see what you mean with the time-spending and the different cases. Some battle-situations are too drawn-out for my taste. For example this fight I would have prefered to be finished within this episode. But I don't quite agree on misaka: I like that, especially in the last episode, they took the time show her feelings.
So I still enjoyed this one, even if though I liked the previous episode better.

Snowflakes said:
..I can't believe I missed Touma's falcon punches - didn't realise until this episode!
Wish I could say they same ><, still traumatized from Index II
KnightCamelotJul 20, 2013 10:34 AM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.