Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2009 9:28 PM

Mar 2008
Since a lot of people participated in the club's first ever tournament, and it seems like people are having fun with the tournament so this thread is for any suggestion that you have for future activities such as competitions, tournament and such.

We hope people would still participate and continue checking out the series that are being recommended in this club. Not only from us but from everyone as well.

FUTURE IDEAS
- Best Romance Series
- Best Unknown Series
- Bunny-Themed Series
- Best Slice of Life
- Best Mangaka
- Best Oneshot
- Best Shounen/Seinen
- Best Comedy
- Best Horror/Supernatural (save for Halloween?)
- Best Josei
- Best Mature/Adult
- Best Psychological
- Best Sci-Fi
- Best Action/Adventure
- Best Historical/Fantasy
shinkeikakuMar 16, 2010 7:11 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 12, 2009 9:29 PM

Oct 2008
i think best unknown series sounds interesting
Feb 12, 2009 9:31 PM

Apr 2008
anabell said:

Agreed.
Feb 12, 2009 9:47 PM
Nov 2007
inuyashashotty said:
anabell said:

Agreed.
This could be very interesting and may help some of us to find a new title or two. ^_^
Feb 12, 2009 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
I would like either unknown or slice of life
[right][right]
Feb 12, 2009 10:52 PM

Dec 2008
- Best Horror/Supernatural sounds good
Feb 12, 2009 11:52 PM

Feb 2008
Best Josei
Best Mature/Adult *Has No Idea If This Were To Be Chosen - Just A Suggestion*
Best Psychological
Best Sci-Fi
Best Action/Adventure
Feb 13, 2009 2:56 AM

Jun 2008
unknown or slice of life sounds interesting.
Feb 13, 2009 3:16 AM

Feb 2008
From The Suggestions Given : Best Oneshot & Best Unknown Series Sounds Good.
Feb 13, 2009 6:14 AM

Sep 2007
Best unknown series would be the best one to get to know some new series imo…

I like JadedGoth’s idea of best josei as well. I tend to like those + they’re usually not that well known. But as we just had a romance tournament, I would save this idea for a later time.

Personally, I would also like to have a best mangaka tournament. Some guys out there have really created nothing but good stuff while nobody knows them.
Feb 13, 2009 7:59 AM

Oct 2008
ooh best mangaka is a good one too!
Feb 13, 2009 9:07 AM
Aug 2007
I'd like to see best unknown series and best horror/supernatural. :D
Feb 13, 2009 9:57 AM

Sep 2007
they all sound good XD

best mangaka tournament sounds good, as well as best unknown, josei, and comedy. Those are just a few of my top picks, but I'd be satisfied with just about anything XD
Feb 13, 2009 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
JadedGoth said:
From The Suggestions Given : Best Oneshot & Best Unknown Series Sounds Good.
Feb 14, 2009 8:23 AM

Sep 2007
or since easter is coming up, we could have a bunny themed manga contest XD
yeah I know it's a little crazy, haha, I just had to say it.
And surprisingly enough, there are quite a few manga that feature "bunnies" Alice 19th, Sailor Moon (Usagi = rabbit/bunny, yes I know I'm stretching it XD),Wish (god's messager is a bunny), Fruits Basket ( with momiji, although I don't like this one, please don't kill me), etc.

again, I'm just putting out this wacky idea for contemplation (and maybe there aren't enough gems with bunnies to really make the contest worthwhile) XD
Feb 14, 2009 10:38 AM

Jan 2008
anabell said:

I totally agree :) However, I also like the idea of the best mangaka contest. Although, having just done one contest, it might be a little too soon to go into another one. Still, it's a good idea *nods*

By the way, I can volunteer some of my time to be your back-up admin... that is, if the position hasn't already closed ^____^

Feb 14, 2009 4:40 PM

Feb 2008
CMB17 said:
inuyashashotty said:
anabell said:

Agreed.
This could be very interesting and may help some of us to find a new title or two. ^_^

Yup
Feb 15, 2009 9:47 AM
Mar 2008
DarkoDe said:
- Best Horror/Supernatural sounds good

Now that I think about it, I think that we're gonna save this one for Halloween.

JadedGoth said:
Best Josei
Best Mature/Adult *Has No Idea If This Were To Be Chosen - Just A Suggestion*
Best Psychological
Best Sci-Fi
Best Action/Adventure

Great suggestions! I'm not sure how many members would be interested in Best Mature/Adult, but I'm up for the idea = )

rijntje said:
Best unknown series would be the best one to get to know some new series imo…

I like JadedGoth’s idea of best josei as well. I tend to like those + they’re usually not that well known. But as we just had a romance tournament, I would save this idea for a later time.

Personally, I would also like to have a best mangaka tournament. Some guys out there have really created nothing but good stuff while nobody knows them.

Yeah, I agree, we'll save the josei stuff for later.

Great idea on the Best Mangaka tournament btw = )

soaring_wings said:
or since easter is coming up, we could have a bunny themed manga contest XD
yeah I know it's a little crazy, haha, I just had to say it.
And surprisingly enough, there are quite a few manga that feature "bunnies" Alice 19th, Sailor Moon (Usagi = rabbit/bunny, yes I know I'm stretching it XD),Wish (god's messager is a bunny), Fruits Basket ( with momiji, although I don't like this one, please don't kill me), etc.

again, I'm just putting out this wacky idea for contemplation (and maybe there aren't enough gems with bunnies to really make the contest worthwhile) XD

I really like this idea, but since it might be kinda hard to find manga with some kind of bunny theme, I'm not really sure how many members would go for this. It might be great for some kind of mini-tournament. We'll see what happens later. Thanks = )

Akaike said:
anabell said:

I totally agree :) However, I also like the idea of the best mangaka contest. Although, having just done one contest, it might be a little too soon to go into another one. Still, it's a good idea *nods*

By the way, I can volunteer some of my time to be your back-up admin... that is, if the position hasn't already closed ^____^

Ah, don't worry, we're just gathering ideas and opinions at this point so we're not like going to suddenly have a new tournament up the next day, LOL. Tuesday or Wednesday we should start opening up nominations and the nomination period will last about a week to a week and a half before we officially go into a new tournament.

Oh and thanks for volunteering to be a back-up admin! The other person that we've contacted is currently too busy with real life to do it, so you'd be perfect!
Feb 15, 2009 8:44 PM

Jan 2008
Best unknown series and best slice of life are good. Best manga-ka is good too.
Feb 16, 2009 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
sakura_r0se said:

Ah, don't worry, we're just gathering ideas and opinions at this point so we're not like going to suddenly have a new tournament up the next day, LOL. Tuesday or Wednesday we should start opening up nominations and the nomination period will last about a week to a week and a half before we officially go into a new tournament.

Oh and thanks for volunteering to be a back-up admin! The other person that we've contacted is currently too busy with real life to do it, so you'd be perfect!

lol, no problem. I'm just glad to help out ^____^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - May 2024

Brand - Apr 21

0 by Brand »»
Apr 21, 4:32 PM

Sticky: » Suggest a Hidden Gem of the Month! ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brand - May 2, 2017

181 by Mr_Libra »»
Apr 8, 10:06 AM

» April 2024 - Believers

Brand - Apr 3

0 by Brand »»
Apr 3, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Vote for the Hidden Gem of Manga - April 2024

Brand - Mar 17

0 by Brand »»
Mar 17, 7:24 AM

» March 2024 - Isabella Bird in Wonderland: Unbeaten Tracks in Japan

Brand - Mar 2

0 by Brand »»
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.