Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2012
~Banzaiii ~ no a 2-3 min recap this time XD
and such a wonderful Op and Ed display, especially the op, had much of gorgeous cutscene’s, kinda like it more than Guren no Yumiya as it perfectly fits the Anime picture more (from the animation aspect).

On to the episode, well it was a rather a gabby epi and this time having some politics mixed but whatever. Eren’s outburst was so dramatically awesome, and wow Levi badness has no limits, beating the crap out of Eren like a street punk and lol Mikasa raging up there, really those three together as team are a major entertainment on their own. Lmaoed at that sentence “you’re low enough that you’re easy to kick anyway” really the man must have some serous height complex !!
Jul 13, 2013 9:18 PM

Jan 2009
nice new opening and ending video songs
Jul 13, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode. Best one in a while. Finally feels like SnK again. New OP is pretty good (though I prefer the first) and the new ED is alright I guess (also still prefer the first). Looking forward to seeing what happens next episode.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jul 13, 2013 9:28 PM

Jun 2012

Jul 13, 2013 9:44 PM

Mar 2010
AMAZING.

I JUST CAN'T-----

*_________________*

NEW OP = POWER
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2013 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
The beginning of the new OP sounds like a national anthem, it is still good, but I prefer the old one. At the end of the OP, it looks like Mikasa is a titan too?!

Looking forward to the next episode, at last they are getting out of the wall , but I half expect a "preparation episode", where time is spent collecting their equipment and introducing the rest of Recon corps members.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jul 13, 2013 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
omg did anyone else notice that in the ED you can still see Mikasa's six-pack through her shirt? o.o
Jul 13, 2013 9:48 PM
May 2013
SmexyBer said:
how do u guys watched the episode?
isn't supposed to air at 23:30 in japan? its only 5:49 there
http://animecalendar.net/show/721/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

sorry for the silly question :3
23:30 Sunday is for Tokyo MX (Tokyo).
MBS (Kansai region, i.e. Osaka) airs at 25:58 ( = 1:58am Sunday, Japan time), usually.

* MBS airs a day earlier than Tokyo MX.
Jul 13, 2013 9:53 PM

May 2013
I prefer the original op and the new ed song. Mikasa unable to see through Levi's intentions. Wouldn't have minded seeing a 1 on 1 match.
Jul 13, 2013 9:54 PM

Aug 2010
I like this episode a lot, recap episode gave them time to provide great quality. And it's sure getting pretty intense.
Jul 13, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2012
KawanoMino said:
Here's something I saw floating around, does anyone agree with this?

(Under spoiler for long post)

I can see where they're going with this, and I have to agree.

This doesn't really require spoiler tags, but since you used some, I'll continue the tradition:

Jul 13, 2013 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode so far 5/5 :) Loving the new OP&ED
And might I just add, LEVI IS SO FREAKING AWESOME! ❤

ooft ;)
Jul 13, 2013 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
Even though there were no titans this is definitely one of my favorite episodes thus far!

This anime has no intention to slow down in quality
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2013 10:22 PM

Feb 2010
KawanoMino said:
Here's something I saw floating around, does anyone agree with this?

(Under spoiler for long post)

I can see where they're going with this, and I have to agree.

Ummm...the heck? Excuse me, but I don't think the two of us were watching the same episode, or even the same show.
When did Levi ever look down on Eren? He's an angry person who acts violently, sure I can compromise on that fact...but what makes you think that he's belittling him during this episode? Levi says those harsh words and when he freaking gave him a kicking, that was real and intentional, it wasn't an act. I'll say that, but the words that Levi said were true, and as belittling as they sounded and as cruel as they sounded, they weren't for his own selfish reasons, nor were they to look down on poor people. In case you didn't know, Levi isn't one of those "rich people that sit there shitting on poor people" because in case you don't have ears and didn't listen during the episode, someone suggested that they hurry and seal the gate, but Levi brought up how they needed to regain more land to feed the starving people. What kind of cold, inconsiderate bastard would even mention this? Levi isn't like them. You don't know a thing about Levi. Not a thing, in fact none of us really do because we only know rumors about his past so don't be so quick to point fingers. Did you not notice how after the trial Levi asked him if he hates him? That's kind of his way of checking to see that Eren hasn't misunderstood his intentions. Levi's a good person who thinks of others before himself, and this is a fact. You saw it in previous episodes, and you'll see it later on...he has very obvious flaws one of them being that he is easily misunderstood by others.

He acted that way because it was a way to convince everyone in the court who by the way would've shot him on the spot. He saved Eren from literally being dissected and for what cause? He could be like everyone else and see him as a threat, but when Levi questioned Eren and what he wanted to do, he saw that Eren was serious about killing titans and he didn't sympathize with him, but Levi saw a spark of hope. In Eren's eyes Levi saw that it was possible to accomplish great things with Eren's strength, how serious and set in stone he was about annihilating. To be honest, Eren deserved that beating. He didn't deserve to be put in chains, tied down, locked up however his head was literally getting bigger and bigger seeing himself as the "savior of mankind" and telling everyone to put all their trusts in him and just leave it to him. Sure, he isn't giving empty promises because he'll do whatever it takes to destroy titans but is he in ANY position to say that when he doesn't even know how to control his titan powers and could literally loose control at any second? No. So a beating knocked some sense into him which he definitely needed, and it served as a way to convince the judge. Eren's trial demonstrates how insecure people feel towards trying something different and how so many people are hesitant or doubt how humanity can even stand a chance against the titans. They've been confined the walls, and their conservative ways of thinking are brought to light in this episode, however the Scouting Legion offers new hope for Eren, after all, he's always wanted to join and be able to 'go out and explore the world'.

Levi is a good character, and if you keep watching and stop making these quick judgement when you barely understand the reasons for a character's action yourself, you're going to get nowhere. I'll tell you this now, but don't ever make the mistake of judging people based only upon their actions and their flaws.

That's basically like being one of the many people that stood in for the trial and pointed fingers at how Eren attacked Mikasa and how he's just a monster like every other titan, and that isn't the correct way to judge a person's character. Great job, you're just like the narrow-minded crowd of people in the anime.
EarlCielJul 13, 2013 10:30 PM
Jul 13, 2013 10:25 PM

Oct 2012
OP I like the previous one I guess.. ED I like this :)
Ok Mikasa's angry face.. Next time it's Mikasa vs Levi xD
Aw that must be hurt Eren.. but his regeneration is so fast

NihonFalcom said:
Elite60 said:

Mikasa gave me the chills with that look.

She looks like Severus Snape.

Aw she's cute when making this face xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 13, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2012
Dam Eren got beat up pretty bad but Levi, Mikasa looks mad pissed. Opening was ok, still prefer the first one and ending was epic better than first one.
Jul 13, 2013 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Amarrez said:

Did anyone else jump a little when they saw her head pop out?
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Jul 13, 2013 10:46 PM

Feb 2010
^ Actually, I screamed. It was a shrilling scream that unfortunately my sister had to endure next to me
Jul 13, 2013 10:48 PM

Aug 2010
Levi ftw!

Don't like the new OP as much as the last one but the ED is definitely much better.
Jul 13, 2013 10:55 PM
Apr 2013
Nice episode overall , liked the way it turned out..though i wish that shitty Levi wouldn't have to do that.I can't help but hate this character from the bottom of my heart , i can't stand his behavior, his way of thinking and how he thinks he's the best soldier out there.Dunno why you guys idolatrize him so much, so far he's done nothing...perhaps he'll finally do something decent in the "near" future.I hope he'll die sooner or later, by the hand of Mikasa or Eren.
One more thing , i don't really like how they made the opening , imo its a major spoiler of the upcoming events which i hate , its like they force you to read the manga to avoid getting spoiled WTF , but the song is nice , and the ending is nice too.

Now come at me Levi fan-boys & fan-girls , i know u can intimidate me :)
Jul 13, 2013 11:02 PM

Mar 2011
Mikasa <3
Jul 13, 2013 11:04 PM
Jul 2012
Hanji > Potato girl!!
Jul 13, 2013 11:04 PM

Aug 2012
SOExclusive said:
Amarrez said:

Thank god for not watching this scene while using headphones and volume turned up high. Unless epic ost starts to play.
Jul 13, 2013 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
sim0n2170 said:
SOExclusive said:
Amarrez said:

Thank god for not watching this scene while using headphones and volume turned up high. Unless epic ost starts to play.

I got skull candy hesh 2 headphones.
my phone has an adjusted sound to reach it maximum volume
Did I jump during this scene: Hell to the fuck yea
Jul 13, 2013 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Those that love Levi are Masochist <---Fact
Jul 13, 2013 11:07 PM
Dec 2010
Eren Jaeger is.....DEADPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 13, 2013 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
EncodeXX said:
Nice episode overall , liked the way it turned out..though i wish that shitty Levi wouldn't have to do that.I can't help but hate this character from the bottom of my heart , i can't stand his behavior, his way of thinking and how he thinks he's the best soldier out there.Dunno why you guys idolatrize him so much, so far he's done nothing...perhaps he'll finally do something decent in the "near" future.I hope he'll die sooner or later, by the hand of Mikasa or Eren.
One more thing , i don't really like how they made the opening , imo its a major spoiler of the upcoming events which i hate , its like they force you to read the manga to avoid getting spoiled WTF , but the song is nice , and the ending is nice too.

Now come at me Levi fan-boys & fan-girls , i know u can intimidate me :)

Sorry to break it to you, but the shitty Levi that you described freaking saved Eren's sorry ass. What kind of reason to hate a character is "ohh he think he's the best soldier out there" when clearly, he is so there's nothing wrong with thinking that. However, Levi doesn't brag about his rank, but rather, he uses his power as a way to pursue great accomplishments for humankind. Thanks to Levi, Eren can be saved from being dissected, they can now get a chance to use Eren to regain more land (also check out that basement which is pretty darn important), plus it helped knocked some sense into Eren. Eren's head was getting bigger and bigger when he clearly thought to himself "I'm the only person who can save everyone so put all your trust in me". If anything, Eren was the one that was getting to full of himself. Oh btw if Levi died in this episode humanity would pretty much be screwed. I'm pretty sure that what'll really happen in the near future is that he's going to have to go through the trouble of saving Eren and Mikasa again and again because he took responsibility over him.
Jul 13, 2013 11:10 PM

Aug 2012
newFlavor said:
From ED:

Oh damn, I didn't realise that he was there and replaced Marco. Forgot he wasn't in the top 10 but was considered.
Jul 13, 2013 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
New opening song was pretty good. Ending song was meh.

Great episode. Pacing didn't feel draggy or slow like the few episode towards the ending of the first arc.
Jul 13, 2013 11:24 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, still don't like Levi too much though his skills are awesome.

Would have been interesting if Misaka had jumped in but Levi would have won.

Hopefully we get to see the wall part and further seasons after this
Jul 13, 2013 11:27 PM

Jun 2013
Watching the clock today for this episode to be released with sub was excruciating! Was hoping for a little more action, yet im satisfied until next week. New OP, idk why so soon is this considered season 2 already?

╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
╔╝(¯`v´¯)
╚══`.¸.Attack on Titan ღ
XxDuskMaidenxXJul 13, 2013 11:30 PM
To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.↓↓

Jul 13, 2013 11:27 PM

May 2010
That Levi! OMG SUCH A BADASS!!!!!! XD

Jul 13, 2013 11:30 PM
Jul 13, 2013 11:38 PM

May 2010
I love the new opening.

What the hell is with everyone? That point is so invalid when they said they killed 3 robbers so they are inhumane. What should have they done, let themselves get killed?

Eren's eyes were doing the "thing", Haruka(Free!)'s eyes do when he wants to swim. They are lost brothers for sure.

Levi's training is very harsh but for the best, I guess. He is a boss. That proposal was awesome. We will get to see more of the outside world. I love Hanji even more.

Loved it.
Jul 13, 2013 11:44 PM
Jul 2018

New OP! Damn. My Levi is in the opening. :3
Bloodied Armin? Oh my. Unexpected.
The ED is great too. But I prefer the old one.

Shit. Levi almost beat him to death.
And Mikasa's eyes. She was about to kill Levi too.
Jul 13, 2013 11:45 PM

May 2013
SOExclusive said:

Actually, I'm a bit of both.
Jul 13, 2013 11:47 PM

Apr 2010
SOExclusive said:

You can't admire his work as a fellow sadist?
Jul 14, 2013 12:11 AM

Jan 2012
Did anyone else noticed Mikasa's Cleavage scene in the OP? LOl, pretty hot there.
Jul 14, 2013 12:19 AM

Jul 2013
Valencia said:
Did anyone else noticed Mikasa's Cleavage scene in the OP? LOl, pretty hot there.

lol i think same things as you when watching OP scene

levi so baddass this ep and op lyric definitely realy fit him/recon corps
Jul 14, 2013 12:23 AM

Jun 2010
Ouch, poor Eren. At least he has regenerating abilities.
I lol'd when Levi sat beside him.
It was an entertaining episode none the less. I'm loving the new ending!
Jul 14, 2013 12:26 AM

Jul 2013
Infinite awesomeness, this episode was intense, so much WIN in the end after the trial, in that scene when Eren was with Levi, Hange and Erwin, glorious moment.

OP & ED are awesome, the 104th Trainees Squad is included, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PhinalPhlashJul 14, 2013 12:42 AM
Jul 14, 2013 12:32 AM
Nov 2010
I thought the trial scene introduced all the political factions pretty well. That part where Levi came was well calculated. They were about to kill him on the spot but seeing Levi beat the crap outta him reversed the situation. The excessive violence reversed the public opinion and also put Levi in a position as a plausible means to control him.

I loved the introduction to Hanji Zoe as well as the other main scouting legion leaders. The look on Mikasa's face was done really well. You could feel her murderous intent. xD

Overall great episode. Can't wait for the next! =D
Jul 14, 2013 12:33 AM

Jul 2013
Valencia said:

The first thing i noticed haha... i even paused to make sure it was indeed mikasa XD
Jul 14, 2013 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
For those who have read the manga i have a question, will the story split now ? will we have ehren, levi, and the scouting legion on one side and mikasa, almin, sasha, and everyone else on another part of the story ? or will they all stick together somehow ?
Jul 14, 2013 12:41 AM

Mar 2013
I love/hate how addicting this show is. I hate having to wait each week for another episode to come out. Amazing show, one of my favourites.
Jul 14, 2013 12:44 AM

Apr 2009
Patureau said:
For those who have read the manga i have a question, will the story split now ? will we have ehren, levi, and the scouting legion on one side and mikasa, almin, sasha, and everyone else on another part of the story ? or will they all stick together somehow ?

Jul 14, 2013 12:46 AM

Apr 2009
The trial of the century, Shingeki no Kyojin edition. Levi stole the show after Eren's hard hitting speech rubbed the accusers the wrong way. Well, at least Eren gets to be part of the military branch he's always wanted to: the Scouting Legion. The corresponding chapter for this was well-adapted into this episode, I'd say. Good new OP/ED.
Jul 14, 2013 12:47 AM
Jun 2013
New OP! I think it'll grow on me but for now, I still prefer the first one.

Enjoyable episode. I was glad we were able to see more of Levi, even if most of it was him kicking Eren's ass. Amidst all of the hardcore Eren fans, I'm not surprised to see mixed opinions about Levi but honestly, I don't think his character is forced at all. He does what he has to do, perhaps a little overboard in this episode, but what matters is the end result. That's what I would expect from the strongest soldier. Great plan from the Survey Corps and I'm excited to see more of them in the next episode. I have a feeling that they'll more than live up to what they're being described as - a den of madmen.
bcslajJul 14, 2013 12:51 AM
Jul 14, 2013 12:53 AM

Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
Patureau said:

got it, thanks =)
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.