Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

New
Jul 12, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
Today in the special premiere night event for the "Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei 3D" movie (theater release July 12th), it was announced that ufotable will make a new anime based on the visual novel "Fate/stay Night" which depicts the Fifth Holy Grail War. Previously, the visual novel was adapted into the TV anime series "Fate/stay night" in 2006 and movie "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works" in 2010, both animated by Studio Deen. A PV was also run during the event and will be shown along with the "Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei 3D" movie in theaters. The news was also confirmed by a tweet of Kondo Hikaru, CEO of ufotable.

Source: Kondo Hikaru's Twitter

Fate/stay night (2014) on MAL
NaruleachApr 27, 2014 7:33 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 9:02 AM

Jun 2011
Heaven's Feel now?!
Jul 12, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2012
According to the fans who saw the PV, it seems it may be based on Heaven's Feel (Sakura route).

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 12, 2013 9:04 AM
Dec 2012
Finally. Now I don't have to force myself to watch the original version.

Anyone think Urobuchi's going to be involved somehow?

May 2011
This is a surprise but I beg that it contains more of the things fate/zero had but with the same story.

Dec 2012
I don't really understand because I'm not a manga/LN/pv dude. How come this is getting another adaptation? not that I'm complaining just interested.
Jul 12, 2013 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I'll look forward to this. Always excited for ufotable 's works. I haven't played the VN yet though...
Jul 12, 2013 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Can't wait. Ufotable + Type-Moon = Win.
Jul 12, 2013 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
Objurgo said:
I don't really understand because I'm not a manga/LN/pv dude. How come this is getting another adaptation? not that I'm complaining just interested.

Fate prints money

Jul 12, 2013 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Objurgo said:

Light Novels are almost like "choose your own adventure" books where the story can progress down several different paths (either playing as a different character or making different choices along the story). Fate/Stay Night was one such path. Unlimited Bladeworks was another. This is the third one. At least that's how I understand it.
Jul 12, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2010
I was waiting for this since sooo long.

ZeroReq011 said:
Finally. Now I don't have to force myself to watch the original version.

why would Urobochi be involved ? The scenario is already here and I don't think it needs any change.
Jul 12, 2013 9:08 AM

Feb 2009
>new FSN anime
>ufotable

This isn't possible right? Tell me I'm dreaming. Oh shit, I can't type properly here...
FUCK YEAH!!!!1!!! Oh wow. I kinda saw this coming as FSN will be 10 years next year.
But wow, not DEEN but ufotable. I can die happy now... Well, not really as I still want to see this.
Oh shit, my hands are shaking... Oh wow. I still don't believe this. Pinch me I must be dreaming.
Jul 12, 2013 9:09 AM

Jun 2013
Ufotable? Will watch. ;)

Sep 2012
ZeroReq011 said:
Doubt it. The light novel of Fate/Zero was written by Urobuchi as a prequel of Fate/stay night but the original VN Fate/stay night itself has no involvement from Urobuchi. What it needs is someone who is good at adaptation and series composition, not quite the specialty of Urobuchi....

Apr 2007
More Archer animated by ufotable *swoons*

I REALLY need to stop being lazy finish the VN now.
Jul 12, 2013 9:11 AM

Jan 2011
This is nice but its like they forgot about Girl's work.
[center]

Feb 2008
Heaven's Feel is coming. :D

Oct 2010
Let shiro not be a retard pls.

Dec 2012
neontaster said:

Light Novels are almost like "choose your own adventure" books where the story can progress down several different paths (either playing as a different character or making different choices along the story). Fate/Stay Night was one such path. Unlimited Bladeworks was another. This is the third one. At least that's how I understand it.

Okay, I didn't know that studios gave different routes their own season. I still have to watch bladeworks which is about Rin I believe and then this one will be about Sakura
Jul 12, 2013 9:12 AM

Jun 2009
This better be HF.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 12, 2013 9:12 AM

Jan 2012
Jul 12, 2013 9:13 AM

Jun 2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oct 2012
Haven't watched the original series yet and now it looks like I won't have to.
Aug 2010
I'd really love that they'd make a remake of the Fate and Unlimited Blade Works routes, their anime adaptations are surely lacking in comparison with the VN, and finally heavens feel.

But if they decide to just animate heavens feel it will be good enough, plus in terms of escenario and overall theme of that route it has the most "sequel" feel to Fate Zero. So an Ufotable adaptation is perfect.
Jul 12, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2008
Fuck NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I hated Fate/0, i would rather have Deen do this again.
Jul 12, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2009
Best news since Fate/Zero was announced.

_Yamainu said:
Fuck NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I hated Fate/0, i would rather have Deen do this again.
And then there's this guy.
Jul 12, 2013 9:17 AM

Jul 2013
Objurgo said:

Just like how many visual novels have different route and character endings, Fate/Stay Night have 3 routes, Fate (Saber), Unlimited Blade Works (Rin), and Heaven's Feel (Sakura). The anime covered Saber's route. The movie covered Rin's route, and the new anime adaptation is rumored to cover Sakura's route.
Jul 12, 2013 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
Objurgo said:
Okay, I didn't know that studios gave different routes their own season. I still have to watch bladeworks which is about Rin I believe and then this one will be about Sakura

I enjoyed Unlimited Blade Works more than F/SN, but neither were amazing. I have high hopes for this even though I've heard from some people that the Sakura route isn't as good of a story.
Jul 12, 2013 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
That was unexpected
Count me in
Jul 12, 2013 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
Well... I guess I'll watch it?

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"

Dec 2012
neontaster said:

I enjoyed Unlimited Blade Works more than F/SN, but neither were amazing. I have high hopes for this even though I've heard from some people that the Sakura route isn't as good of a story.

Sakura doesn't seem that interesting as a character but that is probably because I didn't feel like there was enough development with her.
Of course I could be very wrong.
ObjurgoJul 12, 2013 9:26 AM
Aug 2010
neontaster said:
Objurgo said:

Definitely for me the unlimited blade works is the best route, especially for Shirou's development wich in Heavens feel is the worst of the three routes, but even so it has good elements and is a very dark route and the final moments of heavens feel are damn epic.
Dec 2012
symbv said:
ZeroReq011 said:
Doubt it. The light novel of Fate/Zero was written by Urobuchi as a prequel of Fate/stay night but the original VN Fate/stay night itself has no involvement from Urobuchi. What it needs is someone who is good at adaptation and series composition, not quite the specialty of Urobuchi....

Bringing idealism down to Earth and deconstructing it is. Don't know whether the visual novel has anything close to what I'm suggesting, but it would be nice if there were some scene similar to Fate/Zero's Grail Talk.

Mar 2012
Jul 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
Koybz said:
If this one is indeed about the Sakura route, then you may still need to check the original TV and the movie to see the other routes.

Jul 12, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
ZeroReq011 said:
Deconstructing idealism down to size is.
He would only be able to do it if he is writing an original story. Anime adaptation these days is usually quite faithful to the original material. Not sure how much Urobuchi can do on this...

Jul 12, 2013 9:26 AM

Feb 2009
symbv said:
Koybz said:
If this one is indeed about the Sakura route, then you may still need to check the original TV and the movie to see the other routes.
Read the VN instead.
Jul 12, 2013 9:26 AM

Jun 2012
Heavens Feel route is the worst route IMO.

Still nice to see it adapted.
Jul 12, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2008
HEAVEN'S FEEL IS COMING!!!!!!

Jul 12, 2013 9:28 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I just came.
Jul 12, 2013 9:29 AM

Oct 2007
OH MY GOD

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

GET HYPED

symbv said:
According to the fans who saw the PV, it seems it may be based on Heaven's Feel (Sakura route).
PLEASE BE TRUE.
Jul 12, 2013 9:29 AM
Mar 2010
Jul 12, 2013 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
Progeusz said:
OH MY GOD

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

GET HYPED

symbv said:
PLEASE BE TRUE.
Spoiler that picture.
Jul 12, 2013 9:31 AM

Dec 2009
I really want a Hevean's Feel anime ;-;!! It would be epic!!!
And Ufotable!!! ;-;
This piece of news is TOO good to be true
Jul 12, 2013 9:33 AM

Oct 2007
belatkuro said:
Spoiler that picture.
I thought about it at first but really, it should be considered reaction picture. If you're specifically asking though, okay.
Jul 12, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
Ufotable + Type-Moon + Yuki Kajiura = Perfect
Jul 12, 2013 9:34 AM

Jun 2012
how would they deal with all the sex scenes?
Jul 12, 2013 9:35 AM
Dec 2012
Objurgo said:
neontaster said:

neontaster said:

more than just that, as i understand it, heaven's feel is the 'canon' route - it's the one that the sequel visual novel assumes happened for its backstory.
Dec 2012
symbv said:
ZeroReq011 said:
Deconstructing idealism down to size is.
He would only be able to do it if he is writing an original story. Anime adaptation these days is usually quite faithful to the original material. Not sure how much Urobuchi can do on this...

We'll see what happens then.

May 2010
I don't know what I'm expecting but whatever it is excited about it
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
2 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
4 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.