Forum Settings
Forums

New Gundam TV Series 'Gundam Build Fighters' to Start October 2013

New
Jul 2, 2013 1:10 AM

Sep 2012
Bandai Namco Group announced today that a new Gundam TV series, "Gundam Build Fighters", will begin airing in October. This series takes place in the near future, when "Gunpla Battle" (simulated battles between Gundam plastic models) is very popular. The story revolves around Iori Sei, a young but ambitious "Gunpla Builder" who has expert knowledge and building skills but is weak in maneuvering the models, and Reiji who has not much interest in Gunpla but possesses excellent control skills.

Staff information is as follows:

Studio: Sunrise
Director: Nagasaki Kenji
Series Composition: Kuroda Yousuke
Character Design: Oonuki Kenichi
Mecha Design: Ookawara Kunio, Akutsu Junichi, Ishigaki Junya, Ebikawa Kanetake, Teraoka Kenji

Official anime website: http://www.gundam-bf.net/

Source: Yahoo News

Story by shakeyourpup45

Gundam Build Fighters on MAL
KinetaJul 3, 2013 8:56 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2013 1:14 AM

Feb 2011
Ooh how I've been waiting for this to happen!

Pretty sure I'm gonna love it.

I seriously have no idea why the majority is hating on it already.
morshuwarriorJul 2, 2013 4:45 AM
Jul 2, 2013 1:16 AM

Sep 2010
Yay a new Gundam will watch!

Man Fall is going to be even better than Summer at this rate. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 2, 2013 1:18 AM

Feb 2010
Awesome! Can't wait to watch another Gundam Series this fall
Jul 2, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2008
Gunpla? Meh~

And I though there are some news on Origin :/
Jul 2, 2013 1:25 AM

Apr 2008
I guess I'll be the one to point out "Octboer".
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Jul 2, 2013 1:35 AM

Jan 2011
Hooray for more mecha action. Another show to look forward to in fall.
[center]
Jul 2, 2013 1:38 AM

Nov 2007
you had me at gundam and lost me at build fighters

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 2, 2013 1:45 AM

Jan 2008
They sure as hell did not do their homework after Gundam AGE 'massive success'.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 2, 2013 1:46 AM
Jan 2013
kashim said:
They sure as hell did not do their homework after Gundam AGE 'massive success'.

I couldn't agree anymore and I just wished they have characters which are similar to Gundam 00/Seed
Jul 2, 2013 1:54 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Corpse69 said:
you had me at gundam and lost me at build fighters

LOL I agree that the "Build Fighters" part sounds kind of lame...just my personal opinion :)
Jul 2, 2013 2:01 AM

Apr 2013
Well kinda expected. They want to gain more influence on younger audiences segment perhaps... Just hope that this time it will not be for nothing
Jul 2, 2013 2:04 AM
Apr 2013
I am Gundamn.
Jul 2, 2013 2:13 AM
Sep 2012
They could have at least aired the last Unicorn before deciding to air yet another Gundam.
Jul 2, 2013 2:19 AM

Nov 2007
I thought it would be sequel or some sort of this (well, it's kind of similar). I got excited for nothing...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 2, 2013 2:30 AM

Feb 2007
What is this, Angelic Layer with Gunpla?
Jul 2, 2013 2:48 AM

Jul 2012
NEW GUNDAM HELL I AM IN
Reading the synopsis
...dat hurts
MaorJul 2, 2013 3:18 AM
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jul 2, 2013 2:58 AM

Jan 2012
well I do plan to watch every gundam series anime..like all of them
so I'll get to this too lol
Jul 2, 2013 2:59 AM

Aug 2011
Bad, Sunrise, bad. Just give us Origins already.

Regardless, will watch, because Gundam.
Jul 2, 2013 3:00 AM

May 2011
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i am so excited. so so so so so excited. i love gundam so i will be totally biased as with all gundam everything, once again.
Jul 2, 2013 3:15 AM

Feb 2012
Gunpla Builders was a nice way to celebrate the model kit lines success, but making a new tv series? Seriously Bandai? Well let's hope the fights aren't like G Gundam.
No news on the Origin or SEED movie?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 2, 2013 3:42 AM

Oct 2012
I was like "Oh this seems interesting,I might watch prequels,there shouldn't be many of them". Never have I been so wrong.
Jul 2, 2013 4:11 AM

Jul 2007
what is this I don't even.

I guess that's TWO failure gundam series in row then.
Jul 2, 2013 6:12 AM

May 2013
I only liked three gundam series so far namely: Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam 00....I haven't watched Gundam Wing but they say it was one of the best in the gundam series so I'll probably watch it sometime...I'm not quite stoked about the new series basing on the title since I didnt like Age of Gundams at all.
Jul 2, 2013 6:16 AM

Jun 2012
The synopsis reminds me of Metabots. The Gundams look great so hopefully the story is great as well. Either way, I can't wait for October!
Jul 2, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2009
Video game and a anime based on gunpla. Sunrise is really trying to sell them
Jul 2, 2013 7:21 AM

Apr 2010
Oh boy another kiddy Gundam series. I don't know if I even want to give this a chance. I gave age a chance and the series as a whole was watchable but meh. I guess I'll check this one out. No high hopes for it though, just another series to sell model kits. Not that the other Gundam series are not guilty of this, but builders and age is so in your face about it.
ZeroflamezJul 2, 2013 10:44 AM
Jul 2, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2011
I don't get why they think that dumbing down the show for a "younger audience" is going to get them more viewers. Gundam has never been popular with little kids and never will be, its more a show for teens. This looks like it might be worst than Gundam Age (although Age wasn't horrible). Its a shame because I was really looking forward to a new good gundam series. Going back to the same style as Gundam 00/Destiny/Wing.
Jul 2, 2013 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
MaxY- said:
I was like "Oh this seems interesting,I might watch prequels,there shouldn't be many of them". Never have I been so wrong.

Just go watch anything UC Gundam, they're are the best ones.
Jul 2, 2013 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
"Iori Sei, a young but ambitious"

Oh no ...

Jul 2, 2013 9:50 AM

May 2008
I really don't like the character design. It looks like Card Fight Vanguard met Gundam.

And why do all the new Gundam series look so kiddish. It looks worse than Gundam Age. Probably not watching until Gundam steps their game up and gets their shit together when it was cool like Wing/Seed/00 and all the older ones.

Jul 2, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
Another gundam to feed the ever-faithful fanbase...

Easy profit, right?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 2, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2008
PV in case anyone want to see

If you're into the older UC stuff, this will be refreshing to see those suits get reanimated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2013 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
Yawn, all the Gundam manga and LNs that exist and Sunrise animates this, I'm disappointed, give me an Advance of Z anime or The Origin, something the fanbase will actually watch and buy your merchandise.

Jul 2, 2013 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
KayChan4U said:
I really don't like the character design. It looks like Card Fight Vanguard met Gundam.

And why do all the new Gundam series look so kiddish. It looks worse than Gundam Age. Probably not watching until Gundam steps their game up and gets their shit together when it was cool like Wing/Seed/00 and all the older ones.

Wow it took longer than expected to get our first "worse than AGE" quote but there it is after all. Sluggish this time Gundam fandom.....

The more I look at this the more I like what I see. It'll be the first time we've seen some of these designs animated on TV in ages and it's shirking the trend of last seasons CGI mecha entirely by the looks of it. It also really doesn't look all that kiddish to me so much as kid safe. I'm also not above the potential for Shonen style Gundam battle tournaments ala G Gundam even if it's all part of an arcade game. I don't see why this can't be a fun show, especially with the Gundam 00 writer on board who can probably write tighter and more realized scripts than Akihiro Hino.

I'm not expecting something super deep like UC by any stretch, but again I don't hate what I see in the trailer by any stretch either. As an old time Gundam fan it was like, "wow there's a Gyan doing a fencing pose, and there's a Shokew fighting around Big Ben, and is that Harry Ord's Gold Sumo?! UNIVERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!" If they can introduce kids to those design concepts and popularize them for a new generation (and really they're likely to already sell themselves) then that'll be cool too. It looks like they want to work with the grain of the franchise by listening to the feedback from kids about not knowing anything about wars and space colonies (but I bet you they know about video games) rather than against it like with AGE where they started from scratch and hired a writer in Akihiro Hino who from the sounds of it wasn't exactly Mr. Popular in Japan at the time.
PeacingOutJul 2, 2013 10:37 AM
Jul 2, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2008
Gundam is always welcome
Jul 2, 2013 10:36 AM
Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Yawn, all the Gundam manga and LNs that exist and Sunrise animates this, I'm disappointed, give me an Advance of Z anime or The Origin, something the fanbase will actually watch and buy your merchandise.

Origin is being animated. Additionally I hope no one starts crying about AGE, it's not targeted at older fans of gundam (and this isn't either) so just give them a break, all they are doing is trying to expand the audience. It's not my thing but I'll still check it out since I normally check out sunrise's shows regardless.

EDIT: The PV footage is really nice though.
GD1551Jul 2, 2013 10:39 AM
Jul 2, 2013 10:42 AM
Oct 2010
GodlyKyon said:

Easy profit, right?

Actually they are using these to expand the fanbase.
Jul 2, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
RebuildOfKam said:

If you're into the older UC stuff, this will be refreshing to see those suits get reanimated.

This video can actually give cancer. I don't know what is more puke-worthy, the kiddy character designs, the shitty OST or the WHOLE FREAKING PREMISE of the show. AGE was already "oh my god what is this I don't even" but this jumps the shark even further.
Jul 2, 2013 12:54 PM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
RebuildOfKam said:

This video can actually give cancer. I don't know what is more puke-worthy, the kiddy character designs, the shitty OST or the WHOLE FREAKING PREMISE of the show. AGE was already "oh my god what is this I don't even" but this jumps the shark even further.

The premise and character designs are aimed at getting a younger audience into gundam. I quite liked the older suits being animated and them doing battle like a normal gundam show tbh.
Jul 2, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2009
OMG!!! Another gundam series!!! I cannot wait!!! ><
Jul 2, 2013 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
OMG!!! Another gundam series!!! I cannot wait!!! ><

It's funny because you didn't even watch the good Gundams
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jul 2, 2013 2:04 PM

Feb 2011
RebuildOfKam said:

I'm probably the minority on this, but this looks incredibly entertaining!

I honestly would rather have this instead of Origins, maybe because, oh I don't know, origins is the same as the original 1979 series? Yeah that's probably it.
Jul 2, 2013 2:33 PM
Oct 2010
morshuwarrior said:

I honestly would rather have this instead of Origins, maybe because, oh I don't know, origins is the same as the original 1979 series? Yeah that's probably it.

I think you are definitely in a minority (of gundam fans) at least who share this opinion. Given sunrise's animation quality, who doesn't want to see Origins re-done and (I am not sure if they are doing this) reworked to remove some of the more tedious areas.
Jul 2, 2013 2:40 PM

Jan 2011
RebuildOfKam said:

Wow those battles look better than I thought they would be, maybe even Unicorn status.
VioLinkJul 2, 2013 2:49 PM
[center]
Jul 2, 2013 2:52 PM

Oct 2007
VioLink said:
RebuildOfKam said:

Wow those fight scenes look better than I thought the would be, maybe even Unicorn status.

Very unlikely, but odds are they look well above average for TV anime. Gundam fights tend to go on for what feels like an eternity too and I mean that in a good way as opposed to the stand there grunting way that is common in say Toei anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7poMcz6XEkA

There's a fight from the much maligned Gundam AGE and that is mostly considered just a goofing around test fight. As in nothing special any old fight. Not bad for a 50 episode show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtoXCXBfmx8

Now here's an end game fight. Noticeably more Sakuga and movement involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2l1a6THyZc

Now here's a fight from Gundam Unicorn. The difference between TV And OVA is pretty notable with the Mobile suits forever on the move and spinning and dodging out of the way of fire. To me this is a true representation of what Mobile Suit combat is supposed to look like in terms of motion and speed. It's a game of last second dodging and reflexes, one missed juke and your missing a limb or dead.
PeacingOutJul 2, 2013 2:57 PM
Jul 2, 2013 3:33 PM

Feb 2011
skudoops said:
morshuwarrior said:

I think you are definitely in a minority (of gundam fans) at least who share this opinion. Given sunrise's animation quality, who doesn't want to see Origins re-done and (I am not sure if they are doing this) reworked to remove some of the more tedious areas.

It would indeed be great to see it re-done with new animation and in HD and I am looking forward to Origins as well, but I feel like this new title gives something fresh and original. The Gunpla OVA was far too short and I've been wanting more of it ever since I saw that.

Btw, regarding that its targeted towards kids too, I couldn't care less, as long as it's entertaining all is fine by me.
Jul 2, 2013 4:44 PM

Jan 2009
i will watch it for sure, they failed with gundam age but they gonna keep trying to capture new child audiences
Jul 2, 2013 4:53 PM
May 2013
KayChan4U said:

Okay... Since you said 00 is cool, which aired in 2007, but you made no mention of the Unicorn OVA... So what you're saying is that Unicorn is kiddish like the rest of the newer gundam shows after 00... You disgust me... Not enough of that "mature" pretty boys bullshit for you? Come back again after you watch more than just SEED, Wing and 00...

GodlyKyon said:

Easy profit, right?

dem model kits

Fai said:
I guess that's TWO failure gundam series in row then.

Cant really deemed it a failure since it's not even aired yet. And no I'm not saying its gonna be good. Just saying that nobody in the whole world knows if its really gonna be good or dog shit.

morshuwarrior said:

The minority that are cool and mature about it

morshuwarrior said:
I seriously have no idea why the majority is hating on it already.

Its because its not DEEP, DARK, MATURE, SERIOUS, and ADULT enough for these people that demands for a god damn super high quality show
ExblasterJul 2, 2013 6:07 PM
Jul 2, 2013 5:48 PM

Oct 2007
Trust me when I say that at least so far the reaction to this is astoundingly reasonable by the standard of the Gundam Franchise. I think it owes a lot to the lack of a leak though. For a change Bandai managed to keep a lid on this project until they were ready to unveil it and then they did. As such we know what it is, there's accurate first information on the new series and people can base their expectations on that. Gundam 00 and AGE did not have that same luxury.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
38 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
9 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.