Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2013 6:31 PM
Sep 2012
do you know what would have been funny? As soon as Eren plugged the hole the whole wall just crumbled down cause he pushed it in too hard. Or he plugged the hole and everyone started celebrating, then the armored titan comes and breaks everything down saying "GET THAT SHIT OUTTA MY FACE"
Jun 29, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2013
That was a badass episode, loved it. Makes up for next week being a recap for me.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 29, 2013 6:35 PM
May 2013
xtremexx said:
do you know what would have been funny? As soon as Eren plugged the hole the whole wall just crumbled down cause he pushed it in too hard. Or he plugged the hole and everyone started celebrating, then the armored titan comes and breaks everything down saying "GET THAT SHIT OUTTA MY FACE"

I don't think the armored titan could ram through that rock. The colossal one, on the other hand...
Jun 29, 2013 6:38 PM
Nov 2012
People are gonna flip their shit when they find out the way Marco REALLY died, I promise.
Hint: You can clearly see him alive after Jean was was saved, so he didn't die before the hole was sealed.
Jun 29, 2013 6:41 PM
Aug 2011
unf well I had a good time watching this shame about next week though
Levi get shit done *_*

ranzero said:
EarlCiel said:
Kurogashi said:
still dont know why ppl like levi or jean, especially jean.
the episode fizzled out after levi arrived.

People who don't like Levi? pshhh that's unheard of

after finished watching this episode,
to be frank, I don't like him neither hate him, in my eye, he's just an ordinary guy with plot armor....

shoo get outta here!!
Jun 29, 2013 6:41 PM

Nov 2012
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS EPISODE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

The mood, the animation, the music!!! LOVE IT ALL!!!

10/10 this episode!!
Jun 29, 2013 6:42 PM

Jun 2012

OH YES~~~ YES!! :D YES.
Jun 29, 2013 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:

OH YES~~~ YES!! :D YES.

Rivaille was EPIC WIN!!
Jun 29, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2012
0ToasTee0 said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Rivaille was EPIC WIN!!

Yep :3 It's rare to see you out of the clubs xD and everyone was pretty awesome in this episode.
Jun 29, 2013 6:48 PM

Nov 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
0ToasTee0 said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Rivaille was EPIC WIN!!

Yep :3 It's rare to see you out of the clubs xD and everyone was pretty awesome in this episode.

Really? I guess I just don't hang around episode discussions.. lol

Anybody know the music when Eren plugged that whole EPICALLY?
Jun 29, 2013 6:50 PM

Apr 2010
0ToasTee0 said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
0ToasTee0 said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Rivaille was EPIC WIN!!

Really? I guess I just don't hang around episode discussions.. lol

Anybody know the music when Eren plugged that whole EPICALLY?

Paul said:
Valencia said:
I was quite surprised about that English rock song that came up out of now where, but it did gave me the shivers.

Jun 29, 2013 6:53 PM

Mar 2013
This is my favorite episode so far. Levi showing up gave me goosebumps, so awesome!
Jun 29, 2013 6:55 PM

Mar 2013
Good end to the arc but that song playing when Eren was putting the boulder to block the gap (the one with English lyrics) was a little out of place. Sometimes contrasting songs with what's happening can be good but that just didn't really work. Nice to see Rivaille there though.
Jun 29, 2013 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
Armin-Arlelt said:
Good end to the arc but that song playing when Eren was putting the boulder to block the gap (the one with English lyrics) was a little out of place. Sometimes contrasting songs with what's happening can be good but that just didn't really work. Nice to see Rivaille there though.

nope. worked for me. pls go
Jun 29, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2012
Kurogashi said:
Armin-Arlelt said:

I also thought it was a bit out of place :D Doesn't mean it wasn't awesome though. Kick ass episode, Eren's green eyes when he's in Titan from are cool.
Jun 29, 2013 7:03 PM
May 2013
Barktooth said:
Kurogashi said:
Armin-Arlelt said:

I also thought it was a bit out of place :D Doesn't mean it wasn't awesome though. Kick ass episode, Eren's green eyes when he's in Titan from are cool.

Is there any reason why they glow in the anime? Because they don't in the manga and his eyes are actually hollow in the manga.
Jun 29, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2012
LEVI
Jun 29, 2013 7:06 PM

Nov 2012
antonn said:

OMG, Thanks!!

Armin-Arlelt said:

The music actually felt perfect at that part for me... :D
Jun 29, 2013 7:07 PM

Sep 2011
I was thinking whose voice that would be PERFECT for Levi, especially for that line

IT was Accelerator, fuck! He would have been perfect!

Anyhow, epic adpatation
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 29, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
great episode aftermath was rather depressing R.I.P Marco :(

so glad the ost is finally out.
Jun 29, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2009
Still thinking that Levi acts and looks like a huge fag.

BUT DAT'S WHY YE WOMYN LIKE HIM, AIN'T IT?! ;D
Jun 29, 2013 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Ugh, pandering to fujoshis.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 29, 2013 7:13 PM
Dec 2010
anyone remember at what exact time the epic ost starts playing in this episode?
blaze it
Jun 29, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
DawnJ said:

I guess it's obligatory these days. Slowly but surely, they are taking over the market.

Run while you still can.
Jun 29, 2013 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
The stills in this are masterfully used.

And, even though I hardly know Rico, I really like her, especially in the Anime, she has THE BEST character design of the girls, maybe.
Hope she become more relevant later on.
Jun 29, 2013 7:21 PM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:
And, even though I hardly know Rico, I really like her, especially in the Anime, she has THE BEST character design of the girls, maybe.

Jun 29, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
Electromaster said:
DawnJ said:

I guess it's obligatory these days. Slowly but surely, they are taking over the market.

Run while you still can.

They are not taking over anything, but they stand out as an extremely passionate group of fans.

I am amazed on how many of them can devote their free time to Yaoi shit, well, that is the same with Moe Otaku I guess.
Jun 29, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:

That definitely says something about her, lol. I know she

Though one thing I do not get is the obsession of Ymir and Christa with so much of the fanbase.
Jun 29, 2013 7:24 PM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:

Though one thing I do not get is the obsession of Ymir and Christa with so much of the fanbase.

Read the manga.
Jun 29, 2013 7:26 PM

Jun 2012
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:

Read the manga.

THEY'RE SO PERFECT TOGETHER, sorry. I just had a.....uh...moment.
Jun 29, 2013 7:32 PM

Jul 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Electromaster said:
DawnJ said:

Run while you still can.

They are not taking over anything, but they stand out as an extremely passionate group of fans.

I am amazed on how many of them can devote their free time to Yaoi shit, well, that is the same with Moe Otaku I guess.

What I'm saying is, the TV/movie industry in both East and West is pandering more and more to this specific obsessive *khm* passionate group. So you get bishies in yer Sherlock, bishies in yer Star Trek, bishies in your Attack on Titan and so on. Lately, more and more titles that include some sort of yaoi innuendo are getting produced, because it's obviously what sells these days, in other words, they're taking the market.
And I hate it really. The innuendos, I mean. Even when they're targeted at me, like the yuri innuendo in K-On!, Madoka or whatever. It's just producers being money-whoring fags, not wanting to push away the mainstream audience, but realizing that fuyoshi are such suckers that they'll buy the smallest insinuation of gay feels. So that's what they give them, and that's what they fall for. And it annoys me like hell.

Anyway, at the episode, what was up with this:

Firstly there was a few seconds of close up still of a titan, then a still of her, and then suddnely smoke/dust. I mean, I figured what happened, but that was the most shabbily shown kill ever.
Jun 29, 2013 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
Fan-tucking-tastic episode, holy shit! I was so hyped this episode, I kept shouting like a little kid. Eren finally got his senses back and successfully blocked the broken gate. Everyone was determined to defend Eren even if it cost their lives. Mitabi's squad was completely annihilated. God damn Ian and Marco both died. Ian understood how Mikasa felt and believed in her. I really liked him. Seeing Marco's corpse like that was so crazy though; that creepy vibe. Levi is such a badass; coming to save the day. Levi is going to let Eren join the Eren Corps, aww HELL YEAH!! Immensely hyped for the next arc. As always, the OST is freaking amazing. :)
5/5

Next week's episode is a re-cap. I'm still going to watch it for my weekly dose of SnK. xD
Jun 29, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Well that was a great episode, finally stuff happened for once.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Jun 29, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:

Read the manga.

I already read it, you couldn't tell?

I couldn't give 2 shit about them, as I see nothing special in them than some other yuri couples, like Kuroko and Misaka Mikoto, I mean, how much panel time did they even have? Not enough for me to care about them.
Jun 29, 2013 7:38 PM

Dec 2007
Kyon, do you even lunge?

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:

Read the manga.

I couldn't give 2 shit about them, as I see nothing special in them than some other yuri couples, like Kuroko and Misaka Mikoto, I mean, how much panel time did they even have? Not enough for me to care about them.

I like their dynamic, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. They won't even become relevant in the material covered by the anime.

Jun 2008
Jovoo said:
Well that was a great episode, finally stuff happened for once.

Haha, i thought the same.

Great episode, too bad the next one is a recap.

Either way, I'm excited for the second half of the anime and I hope we get some answers.
Jun 29, 2013 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
Electromaster said:
GodlyKyon said:
Electromaster said:
DawnJ said:

Run while you still can.

What I'm saying is, the TV/movie industry in both East and West is pandering more and more to this specific obsessive *khm* passionate group. So you get bishies in yer Sherlock, bishies in yer Star Trek, bishies in your Attack on Titan and so on. Lately, more and more titles that include some sort of yaoi innuendo are getting produced, because it's obviously what sells these days, in other words, they're taking the market.
And I hate it really. The innuendos, I mean. Even when they're targeted at me, like the yuri innuendo in K-On!, Madoka or whatever. It's just producers being money-whoring fags, not wanting to push away the mainstream audience, but realizing that fuyoshi are such suckers that they'll buy the smallest insinuation of gay feels. So that's what they give them, and that's what they fall for. And it annoys me like hell.

Anyway, at the episode, what was up with this:

Firstly there was a few seconds of close up still of a titan, then a still of her, and then suddnely smoke/dust. I mean, I figured what happened, but that was the most shabbily shown kill ever.

I suppose so, though I haven't really seen it being as relevant in Western Media. Though Sherlock is really a good show, with or without "bishounen"(by the way, you are misusing this word), similarly with Shingeki no Kyojin, marketable as well as an artistic piece.

Oh yeah, the 2 kills with the Titan were terrible
Jun 29, 2013 7:40 PM

Apr 2012
It's about time this Trost shit ended. The music is still pretty cheesy though.
Jun 29, 2013 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
Darude said:
Kyon, do you even lift?

Fixed
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:

Read the manga.

I like their dynamic, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. They won't even become relevant in the material covered by the anime.

I don't like the surge of relevance with Christa, probably due to her popularity as the only "weak" main girl.

Anyhow, can't wait for the court in 2 weeks... 2 weeks, UGHHH Why a recap!? I mean, I get how its suppose to increase the viewers, after getting the fans to be fired up this episode, people can invite their friends...

Oh well, the court scene will be awesome, it would give info on the politics in the series.
Jun 29, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2013
Durbikins said:

I really don't like when they put some whatever rock/pop shit(with lyrics).
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 29, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2009
good episode
Jun 29, 2013 7:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Electromaster said:

It's the same with all these years where there is objectification of women in media in order to pander to male audiences. If you look more carefully, it's still the case. So I don't think pandering to a particular group is such a big deal. Gonna have to fair to everyone here.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 29, 2013 7:48 PM

Dec 2007
10/10

Apr 2013
Craaap Re-cap episode next week.

Jul 2009
GodlyKyon said:
I suppose so, though I haven't really seen it being as relevant in Western Media. Though Sherlock is really a good show, with or without "bishounen"(by the way, you are misusing this word), similarly with Shingeki no Kyojin, marketable as well as an artistic piece.

Oh yeah, the 2 kills with the Titan were terrible

Try knowing a few more fujoshi IRL. Especially tumblr ones. :D
Or don't. It'd be better for your sanity.

Oh I'm not saying anything about Sherlock per se, just that too much of its fanbase is derived from raging fujoshi caring less about the actual show and more about yaoi fanfic of it. My misuse of "bishounen" was on purpose, mainly because a lot of said fujoshi misuse it.

As for Shingeki, meh, it still has to prove that it's any better from SAO. Not being a retarded harem certainly helps, but it nevertheless remains a shock value reliant shounen with quite shallow characters.
Pretty tho.
Jun 29, 2013 7:49 PM

Feb 2013
That was EPICCCCCCCCC YESSS HUMANITY DOWN WITH THE TITANS!!!

That epic music that was playing when Eren put the boulder in the hole was really awesome that OST ;)

RIVAAIIILLLEEEEEEEE YEEEEESSSSSS ALL THE BOSS

they made it different from the manga ish I wonder what's gonna happen
Jun 29, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Squad leader Ian died helping his comrade T____T. Also for the OST, effin goose bumps.
Jun 29, 2013 7:51 PM

May 2013
Good episode.
Jun 29, 2013 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
DawnJ said:
Durbikins said:

I really don't like when they put some whatever rock/pop shit(with lyrics).

Yeah, it's just really uninspiring and ruins the mood they're trying to go for.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.