Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2013 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A beach episode again to conclude the finale huh?

Nice sand castle. I bet that took some skills...

Dat shooting star with an embrace at the end. Can't say I'm not surprised but I guess it was cute.
Jun 27, 2013 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
Don't dare to do a real incest route, so it has to be sister in name only LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 27, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2011
Typical incest cop out. Not at all surprised.

So much wasted potential, I really liked Photokano for the first few episodes until Haruka's route finished and it became episodic. I mean depending on the routes, the girls' episodes as standalones were good but it was too episodic for me. It would have made more sense to wholly focus on one route and do OVAs for the other girls if they wanted to just do one girl per episode.

5/10 I really wanted to like this.
Jun 28, 2013 2:21 AM

Jan 2013
Don't understand a word, know very little about this show and didn't need subs, I knew they would put that goddamn cop out. Sister-in-law or whatever cop out is annoying, keep them related or don't hang that possibility over our heads.
Jun 28, 2013 2:47 AM
Dec 2011
So does he end up with anyone?
Jun 28, 2013 4:02 AM

Jun 2012
How many times have we seen this again?

Pretty standard anime of this type nothing really outstanding but I knew that going in so I wasn't really disappointed.

Favorite arc is still Nonoka followed by Haruka

5 Pouto Kanos out of 10
Jun 28, 2013 4:12 AM

Jun 2012
Kyube said:

I think this anime is above average in the sense of having obvious potential. I don't know many animes like this one, can you give me a list of such? So I can correct my opinion, if I am wrong.

Should've clarified my sarcastic question was to the imouto arc itself with the trite not blood related trope

To name similar shows..
If this was Jeopardy, What is Amagami SS? This and Amagami are based off Enterbrain eroge. Enterbrain also made KimiKiss which is a little different in the anime adaptation but still very similar

Even then the romances themselves were pretty standard. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter how much potential a show has if it doesn't execute on it

HybridMBLJun 28, 2013 4:17 AM
Jun 28, 2013 4:23 AM

May 2010
No breasts are big enough to hold a plot

on the lower end of 5/10 if u ask me.
Jun 28, 2013 4:55 AM

Jan 2013
hehe nice castle ;d
Jun 28, 2013 6:20 AM

Dec 2011
Jun 28, 2013 6:22 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Don't dare to do a real incest route, so it has to be sister in name only LOL LOL

Of course it had to be... Kanon is freaking cute though LOL.
EjcJun 28, 2013 7:15 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 28, 2013 7:06 AM

Sep 2009
at least in Amagami is was just a brother-sister loving relationship not a romantic relationship like this.

Still Kanon is adorable.
Jun 28, 2013 7:39 AM
May 2012
did madhouse really animate this?
the animation is horrendous , the artwork too and too many stills, ...
Jun 28, 2013 7:51 AM

Sep 2012
^ I kind of like the "camera-distorted view" artwork (I find it oddly appealing) and the rawer and deeper color palette (compared to Amagami). Not that I don't like Amagami - in fact I like it a lot - but the artwork in Photokano somehow appeals to me even more. ;-)

Ejc said:
symbv said:
Of course it had to be...
But if you remember, in Amagami the sister stays a real sister ;-)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 28, 2013 8:04 AM

Oct 2012
not really his blood relate sister so no incest ^_^ unlike in Amagami. Gonna miss Kyou.. I mean Hiromichi doing previews lol
Jun 28, 2013 8:21 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
^ I kind of like the "camera-distorted view" artwork (I find it oddly appealing) and the rawer and deeper color palette (compared to Amagami). Not that I don't like Amagami - in fact I like it a lot - but the artwork in Photokano somehow appeals to me even more. ;-)

Ejc said:
symbv said:
Of course it had to be...
But if you remember, in Amagami the sister stays a real sister ;-)

Haha true. I guess it's not so bad, lol.
Which imouto do you think is cuter? Kanon or Miya? XD
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 28, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
You know the two look and behave so much alike! It is just that Miya makes more "shi shi shi" strange noises of laugh and more likely to do "skinship" contact to other girls. So I just treat Kanon as the "approachable" version of Miya LOL LOL

Jun 28, 2013 8:55 AM

Oct 2012
I don't believe they used that overused "we are not blood related" trick. But nevermind. This is the end.
As the last episode it was weak, episode 12 felt more like an ending to me and I guess if they switched them it would have been better.

Some episodes of this series were good but other were so boring I have to give this series 4/10 overall. Lot of potential went in vain. I think we can put blame on weak writing in original VN but that doesn't matter, they also made some bad design decesions during planning of this anime. Episode 3 and 12 was the best - anything between was just standard run-of-the-mill romance. Little Busters, for example, did a lot better than this. So this was really nothing special. There are many better animes of this genre.

It is bad when success of single episode depends on choice of "active" heroine. Concept this anime has adopted was a failure because as viewer you CAN'T choose. Depending on your tastes: some girls are more to your liking and other bores you to hell (and some had potential - like Rina - but it was wasted). Thus your ideal watching order of this should be "Watch 'main-route' episodes 1-4 and than skip to your favourite heroine and skip others." That totals five episodes that can be enjoyed at least.

Well, Photokano, you showed us some high-and-lows but one thing is certain - in the end you won't be missed.
Mich666Jun 28, 2013 9:05 AM
Jun 28, 2013 9:01 AM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:
It is bad when success of single episode depends on "active" heroine. Concept this anime has adopted was a failure because as viewer you can't choose. Depending on your tastes: some girls are more to your liking and other bores you to hell. Thus your ideal watching order of this should be "Watch 'main-route' episodes 1-4 and than skip to your favourite heroine and skip others."
That said, omnibus format used so far in shows from Amagami to Yosuga no Sora seems to be quite successful, at least from fans' feedback and sales point of view. I guess to many their preference do not vary as extreme which is why they have less problem with this format.

Jun 28, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
You know the two look and behave so much alike! It is just that Miya makes more "shi shi shi" strange noises of laugh and more likely to do "skinship" contact to other girls. So I just treat Kanon as the "approachable" version of Miya LOL LOL

I like your summary of the two! So true... and even their calling of their big brothers are so similar! (Nii-yan vs Nii-Nii). Man, idk why... but imouto characters have so much charm in anime, LOL.

symbv said:
That said, omnibus format used so far in shows from Amagami to Yosuga no Sora seems to be quite successful, at least from fans' feedback and sales point of view. I guess to many their preference do not vary as extreme which is why they have less problem with this format.

I think some people had problems with how rushed each route is. The omnibus format is alright in this anime... but I reckon it would've been better had the anime been 2-cour, since there are many heroines in this anime. However, it is definitely riskier to have a 2-cour than a 1-cour anime in a production/sales point of view.
EjcJun 28, 2013 9:07 AM
Jun 28, 2013 9:04 AM

Jun 2012
3/5
3.5/10

Edit: They should've made an episode for Yuko Uchida..
samesddayJun 28, 2013 9:07 AM
Jun 28, 2013 9:05 AM
Jan 2013
Oh this is nice.
Jun 28, 2013 9:22 AM

Sep 2009
The worst ep. Execution was quite good but the combination of heroine+story is total fail. If they made some heartwarming episode like Sisters arc in Amagami S1 that would be much better as another generic pseudoincest route
Jun 28, 2013 9:23 AM

May 2013
I wanted to see what the letter said. Oh well.
Jun 28, 2013 9:25 AM

Oct 2012
symbv said:

I haven't seen Amagami yet so I am going to watch it during summer. Yosuga no Sora is also on my 'to watch' list. But I played many visual novels. And I also believe this concept could be successful if it's done right.
I guess Photokano simply had bad story. Or maybe it used uninteresting girl-archetypes that we've seen many times elsewhere. And bad production work when it comes to animation. I guess all Madhouse budget went to Chihayafuru. I hope their next title, Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi, will be better.
Jun 28, 2013 9:47 AM
Jul 2012
babymilo91 said:
I wanted to see what the letter said. Oh well.

same, was expecting the last ep to be yuuko (before last ep pv of course) but we got the imouto one instead, give the series over all 6-7

for me the best routes/eps were nonoka, tomoe, hikari, and mai
Jun 28, 2013 9:48 AM

Apr 2011
apart from the show being rushed with some of the girls and not much time to have development with them i still enjoyed this show, hopefully if they ever make a season 2 like amagami they have a larger gap between routes of the girls.
Jun 28, 2013 9:59 AM

Sep 2008
Why one girl of most with interesting characters (Yuko Uchida) don't get her own arc? -.-
Jun 28, 2013 10:05 AM

Jun 2013
she's not his real sister lol go figures
Jun 28, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
Mich666 said:
It is bad when success of single episode depends on "active" heroine. Concept this anime has adopted was a failure because as viewer you can't choose. Depending on your tastes: some girls are more to your liking and other bores you to hell. Thus your ideal watching order of this should be "Watch 'main-route' episodes 1-4 and than skip to your favourite heroine and skip others."

Photokano failed on this point because an one episode arc is damn too short.
Jun 28, 2013 10:32 AM

Aug 2010
Facepalmed a bit when it was obvious that they weren't blood related, but you can't be too picky, they ended up together at least. Some terrible quality in the visual department again unfortunately. 4/5.

I originally wanted to give this show a 4 or maybe a 5, but some of the heroines managed to salvage it to a 6/10.

Still not a huge fan of this omnibus format and probably never will be.
Jun 28, 2013 10:37 AM
May 2013
UtsukushiiYume said:
Typical incest cop out. Not at all surprised.

So much wasted potential, I really liked Photokano for the first few episodes until Haruka's route finished and it became episodic. I mean depending on the routes, the girls' episodes as standalones were good but it was too episodic for me. It would have made more sense to wholly focus on one route and do OVAs for the other girls if they wanted to just do one girl per episode.

5/10 I really wanted to like this.

Would have made more sense to use the style Amagami SS used where all the girls get at least 4 episodes each plus a 2 episode after story in the second season.
Jun 28, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
7/10
It was alright, but I really like romance anime so I have a high tolerance.
Jun 28, 2013 12:13 PM

Feb 2012
Decent final arc to a pretty average series. Like others I'm disappointed that Yuuko didn't get her own arc.
Jun 28, 2013 12:25 PM

Oct 2012
i feel like ep 12 was a better ending cuz it had everyone together.

still feel haruka should have been for last. shes the main main girl.
Jun 28, 2013 1:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
To me this was a very good episode. I didn't expect Kanon to be Maeda's step-sister. I always viewed them as blood related siblings. The beach part was pretty good and heart warming. Seeing Kanon cry when she was young because her bunny got lost, and Maeda giving her the bell is pretty nice of him. I think the hug at end when Kanon graduated was a perfect way to end the route and series. Having them kiss could have ruined the way fans look at them. With that being said I think the entire series was pretty good. I would have liked to see a couple more episodes that way there will be a bit more route development, but for the most part this series came out enjoyable. Having this series into a what if series was a surprise to me because I expected them to continue on Niimi's route.

Kanon cutest girl ever and the one with the most POUTS in the entire series.

Jun 28, 2013 1:10 PM
Jan 2012
I agree with several others Yuuko Uchida should of got her own arc.
Jun 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2008
Wasn't bad, and frankly glad they didn't make this romantic-incest.

9/10 because I liked it overall, but minus 1 for no Yuuko route...on second thought, make that minus 2. They left so much foreshadowing in previous episodes just to let it all go to waste!? Wasn't that the point of the very first episode?
Jun 28, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
Haruka ftw
Jun 28, 2013 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
Overall, 6/10. Maybe, even less, but I'm just way too kind.

Enabaka said:
I agree with several others Yuuko Uchida should of got her own arc.

Agree.
Jun 28, 2013 1:41 PM
Feb 2013
i've watched till the end and still haven't change my score. this one is mediocre. i wonder why, since i loved amagami SS.
Jun 28, 2013 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
Damn, the whole not being blood related thing ruined it for me. You can't have only half of a forbidden fruit.

But seriously, Uchida should have had her own episode (which I thought the last one would have been). Photokano specials maybe? With Uchida, that lesbian chick that likes one of the girls, and the big boobed instructor?

forholywar said:
i've watched till the end and still haven't change my score. this one is mediocre. i wonder why, since i loved amagami SS.

I think because the MC is a filthy perv but somehow the chicks love him. Amagami is at least, somewhat believable.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Jun 28, 2013 2:20 PM

Sep 2011
i don't care they're not related by blood, this episode kind of disturbs me. to me, it's still incest with them still being related through marriage instead of blood-relation. uchiha should have this episode instead of the stepsister hands down. sorry if i offended anyone with this train of thought, it's just how i feel about this episode.
Jun 28, 2013 2:28 PM

Apr 2012
Booorrriiiinnngg episode to end the series. And seriously what's with the incest obsession of so many, Years from now anime fans will look at the shows from this period and make fun of the whole 'imouto' craze. It will date worse than giant robot anime.

This series had bad writing and all the seiyuu talent in the world couldn't lift it. It's a shame really. It could have been much better with more believable dialogue and longer arcs to better create a good story.
Jun 28, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2012
It's so sad when they pull out that "we are not related by blood" shit out of nowhere, come on Niiyan dude.
Jun 28, 2013 3:42 PM

Jul 2009
This show was so bad it legitimately pushed anime as a medium back 5 years. 1/10
Jun 28, 2013 3:55 PM

May 2013
I really liked Amagami SS and the one arc per heroinel concept, but it just didn't work out in this show. One episode just wasn't enough to show any real development between the lovers. Even the Haruka arc, which had two episodes, did a bad job at portraying any progress in their relatioship. This episode was okay. If you like little sister characters, you will probably enjoy this one.
Jun 28, 2013 4:06 PM

Aug 2011
Good show. I think Photokano never veers too high or too low with its drama and keeps it at the middle sweet spot. It's a tame and soothing show that I found myself enjoying, much to my surprise. It's an odd structure to me, with Maeda going back to explore all the relationship routes one by one, and that's probably where a lot of the character development with others was lost.

But it's how the characters interested with Maeda that kept me hooked. Maybe there were times where I couldn't identify who was who but each of the females had a distinct personality and a story-arc filled with warmth. Of course, I really enjoyed the rotating viewfinder scenes to highlight an important shot of the model.

I found the OP to be a little upfront with its imagery but the ED was a great compliment to the often joyful conclusion of each relationship. 6/10.
Jun 28, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2011
The art was fine but the episodes were badly structured. Not to mention that the first episodes were really boring.

4/10
Jun 28, 2013 4:59 PM

Jul 2010
Ah yes, of course she's not a real sister. How could you even imply that? Pretty *meh* series overall. It had its moments, but it was pretty generic and rushed, with most girls only having one episode. 6/10.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite girl.

Kanorin - Jun 22, 2013

25 by 0nder_16 »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

104 by Kraum »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:49 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

118 by maaroc »»
Sep 15, 2022 10:35 AM

» I absolutely hate it when shows do this (Spoilers)

DEMOLITION_D - May 24, 2013

18 by RioAl »»
Jun 10, 2022 8:29 PM

» New kiss scenes in route endings on blurays.

MysteryFan89 - Jun 1, 2014

6 by Hereditus »»
May 5, 2021 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.