Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2009 4:51 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok this story officially comes under the category of "so bad it's funny". Aliens now? XD
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Aug 8, 2009 8:11 PM

Feb 2008
I'm still hoping that the final story will be halfway decent. the conversation between the two dragoons makes it sound like they've been lying to the humans up to now.
Mar 6, 2012 11:44 PM

Sep 2011
Its not THAT bad. I'm enjoying it a fair bit, we will see how it turns out. =p
Apr 14, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
Why do I feel like all that explanation about AI and aliens and whatnot is just an attempt to make the plot look complicated and smart when truth is it's really shallow and cliche? Please don't go down that route :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 21, 2014 12:10 AM

Nov 2011
We needed more foreshadowing, but I'm not as unhappy with recent developments as others here.

Still, I don't usually follow these sorts of stories often, so it may be due to unfamiliarity.
Jun 7, 2015 2:14 AM

Feb 2013
I had guessed either aliens or post a apocalyptic world around episode 6, so it wasn't surprising at all to me when they revealed it was both lol.

But, if I'm honest, I do feel this concept is a bit overdone. I just wish there were more medieval fantasy anime that were actually just that, medieval fantasy. Why do most of them have to have some sort of Sci-Fi twist to it :/?
Sep 15, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
Modern buildings in ruins, this was the only logical conclusion though I didn't peg aliens.

Does anyone else think Pacifica is being REAL annoying these last two episodes? They've explained things about five times now and she just doesn't listen.
Sep 7, 2017 1:31 AM

Jun 2016
Hello exposition dump. Senes got mad at Pacifica for not getting it when I had to pause about 10 times to wrap my head around what she was saying. That was an awful way to get the plot across, really awful. Don't hate the player Senes, hate the game.

Anyways to summarize, so the story goes that Browning was an ancient descendant of humans, and what people now consider demons were his fellow humans. They lived in a technical age and were attacked by aliens aka the peace makers. To fight back they made bio-weapons such as the bugs and dragoons, and they already had devices like the one they're riding in now. But since peace makers can teleport all over and stuff, Browning had to devise a new plan, so he got a woman named Celia and combined her with a super computer. She was able to tell the future and they could fight back, but then Celia betrayed humanity. Thus leaving them to lose, and despite being in a technical future world, they were placed in a fake matrix-esque situation thrown away like organic trash. And that is why the future world turned into a medieval one. In a last ditch effort Browning sent genes all around the world to create Guardians and the providence breaker in the future. Peacemakers have maintained their control using the revelations of Grendel to control and halt humanities evolution. Meanwhile they cannot kill Pacifica because the peacemakers don't have authority to or something? So we got Scarlet trying to defy the gods by using Pacifica and break this false reality to bring them back to a state that Browning and his people had lived in.
I think at least, with all of that in a horrible exposition dump it's hard to tell. It's not like it's the most horrible thing ever, it's an idea and it's kind of interesting. The way they got it across to the viewer was 10 minutes of fast talking and it was just irredeemably boring.

So that episode was pretty bad overall, mostly an exposition dump and wandering in a maze. Other things to note is that I like the artificial mind vs human mind, logic vs emotion thing that was prevalent in a scene in this, very reminiscent of Migi and Shinichi from Parasyte, even if it is a little overdone. I also noticed that Chris's adoptive mom probably didn't send him to kill Pacifica, rather it was Luke and those dudes as they seem to be the Royal Forces and his adoptive mom seems to be someone who overlooks it all or something. That was a plot hole that's now made sense. I enjoy Pacifica's brother, he's adorable and nice and they could of done a lot worse with him.

Lastly, that small scene with Leopold was great. I miss him, he's one of the more enjoyable parts of this anime. "A problem shared, is a problem halved!", he says as he rides along with Winia, frog costume on his back.
Nov 11, 2018 3:04 AM

Jul 2009
List says on hold after episode 13, I don't remember a thing.
Mar 18, 2019 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
It was obvious since episode 5 that this is a post-apocalyptic world, but I was not expecting aliens. Rather something like humanity destroying itself and some kind of AI (Pacemakers) running the world now.
Mar 23, 2023 9:53 AM

Aug 2019
Are people seriously going to complain about our three main character's not understanding much about all this sci-fi stuff? Of course it wouldn't make any sense to them. We learned in the last episode that this sealed off world is supposed to be modeled after the middle ages, and well if you've been paying any attention, you would know this world just isn't modern. Why would ANY of it make sense to them?

But if there is something to complain about in this episode, it's the info dump. That felt like waaay to much to take in. I honestly had a hard time keeping up with the subtitles as it was just too much and went by kinda quick at least for me. All I got from that massive info dump was something about aliens, and yeah that's about it. I'm honestly Pacifica in this case lol a lot of this just suddenly isn't making sense, and feels like too much

Also yeah, we're bringing aliens into this now? Where tf is this suddenly going? The plot was fine imo before this but this feels almost like too much

And I have to admit the Beast Princess is kinda getting on my nerves

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 12 Discussion

Nande - Dec 21, 2007

10 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Mar 24, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 24 Discussion

hznu - Aug 30, 2008

44 by NoviSun »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 16 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 10, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

7 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.