Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Love Live!' to Get Second Season Due Spring 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 16, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2008
Doesn;t look like my kind of anime but oh well
Jun 16, 2013 10:59 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
Yep, that seems to be the case. Very impressive to see the power of social media and anime forums like 2ch, etc.
The funny thing is that some people buy BD/DVD to boost the chance of 2nd season. Such motivation now disappears and on the contrary we see increased sales instead LOL

Though I think the news comes too late to make a difference to the weekly sales chart in the coming week... That would be a golden chance gone since this week we have almost the fewest new anime titles going on sale for quite some time.

LOL ikr. It's backwards from normal... but not complaining with the rise.

Yeah that's unfortunate. According to Amazon if you order within ~5 hours you will be able to have it delivered by June 17 (with Expedited Shipping), so the sales now will count towards next week. Well if it gets boosted by more than 500 copies, then it should've not lost that many copies (v1 and v2 here, as v3 will definitely chart this week) I would think in the Oricon count for June 10~16 week.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 16, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2010
Yeah! I knew it! Season 2. It's not a top notch Anime but I am definitely looking forward to it. More songs, more Eri and more Maki! I hope Sunrise will improve the animation quality this time around. Because the animation in the season 1 was surely not the best they could do.

Paul said:
Hope they actually perform in the Love Live this time. .__.

And this.
Jun 16, 2013 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
^ Animation wise I think the Sunrise quality is pretty much there. The CG indeed is patchy at start but I think it improves noticeably later, to the point it does not intrude the viewing much. And in terms of character sakuga I think it is easily the best in the season, particularly the faces X-D

After watching all of them I find Hanayo's one most funny, followed by Niko's. Eli's is the most mysterious sounding. Kotori's one is way much longer -- >4 min compared to others' 30-40 seconds! And Honoko's one most orthodox, perhaps because of awareness she is the center (so represents the whole team)? lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 16, 2013 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
So long until Spring 2014 but it is worth it.
Jun 16, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
Saw this one coming a mile away and I'm looking forward to it.
Jun 16, 2013 11:14 AM

May 2008
Excellent News, Only a little more waiting and Season 2 will be here soon..
Jun 16, 2013 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
Oh, look what I woke up with:

After MONTH of speculations, S2 is finally here!! Anyone who has not watched this little gem should catch up now :D Well, considering another 9 months of waiting, it maybe painful for some people haha

A tribute with Aishiteru Banzai! theme for fans (mild spoiler)

I.am.so.happy.today
Jun 16, 2013 11:27 AM

May 2011
Thank god, I was really starting to miss this anime. ;_;
Jun 16, 2013 11:34 AM

Aug 2007
So, fans will wait a year to see a second season. Maybe by that time I'll watch it.
Jun 16, 2013 11:42 AM

Apr 2010
My body is ready.

Jun 16, 2013 12:17 PM

Jun 2010
symbv said:
^ Animation wise I think the Sunrise quality is pretty much there. The CG indeed is patchy at start but I think it improves noticeably later, to the point it does not intrude the viewing much. And in terms of character sakuga I think it is easily the best in the season, particularly the faces X-D

I noticed a lot of errors in key animation throughout the series though. The overall animation wasn't bad but it seems like there was too many human mistakes or whatever you wanna call it. A possibility is because they were behind the schedule and there's not enough time to polish the episode very well. Anyways, the animation was still okay during important scenes and I guess that what really matters. I am just hoping they would do a more better job in terms of production in the season two.

I agree that the characters were great though. Each of them were definitely eye-candies.
Jun 16, 2013 12:23 PM

Aug 2012
yaay!!
Jun 16, 2013 12:25 PM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
I noticed a lot of errors in key animation throughout the series though. The overall animation wasn't bad but it seems like there was too many human mistakes or whatever you wanna call it. A possibility is because they were behind the schedule and there's not enough time to polish the episode very well.
It would be great if you could share a few examples of those key animation errors though. If your theory about the cause being falling behind schedule, one would expect more such errors in the later part of the series. Is it the case? For me, I notice that some of the scenes have rougher sketches when the characters are in a distance or not in focus but I would like to see what actual human mistakes for key animation are like.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 16, 2013 12:33 PM

Jun 2010
For example: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=560043#msg20102117

You're actually the one who noticed that so.. Yeah. If they had the time to review the episode or at least take a look at it then I guess they probably would've changed that. I can't really give more examples since I need to download it again and re-watch it. Well, I'll gladly re-watch it but unforunately, it's exams week. =(
Jun 16, 2013 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
I cannot wait see Love Live!! :3
More Nico <3 and Honoka <3
Jun 16, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
Oh, this might actually be a good reason for me to check out the first season.
Jun 16, 2013 12:50 PM

May 2008
I quite enjoyed this show overall, so I'm definitely going to watch S2. I just watched all the music videos in celebration.
Jun 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
I knew it,something like this is coming.. I'm looking forward for this <3
OSOI!
Jun 16, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
You're actually the one who noticed that so.. (
So you mean errors like that... I was thinking of "sakuga houkai" meaning off-character animation or poor quality artwork or motion, because this is what I would interpret as "key animation error". Your example is more like continuity issue, instead of "key animation error"... OK, that is also a human mistake, and I concede that there are scenes like this in a few places (there is also one where Nozomi was in a fast food restaurant and then right in next scene she changed into a miko dress and appeared in the shrine to continue her talking). But all these have been picked up by fans in Japan as the episodes were aired and so far those are the few that they (and I) noticed, so I am interested when you said you noticed "a lot of errors in key animation throughout the series" because this indicates not just those few that were raised in Japanese forums but a lot more.
symbvJun 16, 2013 1:05 PM

Jun 16, 2013 1:09 PM

Jun 2010
symbv said:
-MgZ_ said:

My bad. I failed to word it out properly.

Yeah, that's what I meant by Sunrise could have done better. I hope Season 2 will be flawless.
Jun 16, 2013 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
They are quick to let the world know Love Live has a 2nd season and where else to announce it to the world? Akihabara of course!! As midnight struck, workers were seen to roll out a giant poster about the 2nd season right in front of the train station at Akihabara!!

Jun 16, 2013 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:

You're actually the one who noticed that so.. Yeah. If they had the time to review the episode or at least take a look at it then I guess they probably would've changed that. I can't really give more examples since I need to download it again and re-watch it. Well, I'll gladly re-watch it but unforunately, it's exams week. =(

There are indeed mistakes here and there, but the number of occurrences are about average in anime overall. Some people noticed small mistakes because they had watched each episode four or five times like Symbv did ;) I had watched even more than him so I noticed those as well. People, who only watch once, are mostly able to see 2D - 3D transitions, but not those sakuga's glitches.

Thus I would say Love Live! maintains very good sakuga for the key animation As far as your time issue speculation, we have no concrete information to dig in deeper, although it's true that Sunrise's Studio 8 really does a lot of anime Accel World, Horizon, Love Live!, etc. in recent years :D
Jun 16, 2013 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
Obviously the best idol show, you know dem hood rats in Thug Live be ballin' err' day.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 16, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2010
ThangLong said:
I agree for the most part but..

ThangLong said:

There are indeed mistakes here and there, but the number of occurrences are about average in anime overall.

I disagree with this statement. Sunrise is a great and a very well-known studio. It is not really acceptable for them to have the same mistakes of an average Anime would have. I don't really know your preference and rating thus I am not sure what does an "average Anime" means to you but still.. Sunrise is not A-1. A-1 is like "fuck animation" throughout the series ( except Oreimo season 2 considering the same staff from AIC have been working on it ). Sunrise did very well in AW and Horizon. In fact, Horizon is one of my favorites. I'm sure they could perfect Love Live in terms of animation if they want to.

That being said, I can't really argue much about "how much animation mistakes" did Love Live had since you've watched it five times more than I did.
Jun 16, 2013 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
They are quick to let the world know Love Live has a 2nd season and where else to announce it to the world? Akihabara of course!! As midnight struck, workers were seen to roll out a giant poster about the 2nd season right in front of the train station at Akihabara!!

That's nice. How's about some shameless promotion? XD

That's Suzuko Mimori pointing at herself in a real Japanese drama LOL

& this

Jun 16, 2013 1:49 PM
Dec 2012
Guess I'll consider give it a watch now. Waited out on watching it due to other shows airing at the time.
Jun 16, 2013 2:06 PM
Dec 2011
moar nico nico ni ~
Jun 16, 2013 2:09 PM

Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:
I disagree with this statement. Sunrise is a great and a very well-known studio. It is not really acceptable for them to have the same mistakes of an average Anime would have. I don't really know your preference and rating thus I am not sure what does an "average Anime" means to you but still.

Well, just so we are on the same page, about average in anime does not equal to in an average anime. So what you are not sure about my reference on "average anime" does not factor here ;). Btw, I don't have "average anime" in my rating because none of the anime I've watched so far are "average." Each is distinguishable in its own way.

-MgZ_ said:
Sunrise is not A-1. A-1 is like "fuck animation" throughout the series ( except Oreimo season 2 considering the same staff from AIC have been working on it ). Sunrise did very well in AW and Horizon. In fact, Horizon is one of my favorites. I'm sure they could perfect Love Live in terms of animation if they want to.

That being said, I can't really argue much about "how much animation mistakes" did Love Live had since you've watched it five times more than I did.

I agree that Sunrise could have perfected the animation if they wanted to. However, doing that costs money and time. We must remember that Love Live! had not been considered a potential big hit before it came out.

Not just Sunrise, other studios have sakuga problems in the first season of their anime as well. For example: Kyoani with Haruhi first season, J.C Staff with Znt first season, and Production I.G with Psycho-Pass.
ThangLongJun 16, 2013 2:28 PM
Jun 16, 2013 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
hahaha... i read love stage for a split second and i was like 'wtf the first season hasn't even aired yet?? it's not even long enough for ONE season...'
and then my eyes adjusted...
Jun 16, 2013 2:29 PM

Mar 2009

That's great news. I really enjoyed the first season.
Jun 16, 2013 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
^ so many laughs in this scene
Jun 16, 2013 5:24 PM
Dec 2008
I'm so happy!
Jun 16, 2013 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
Yes, more of Kotori's awesome singing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Awesome!! I saw it coming. DVD/BD selling like hotcakes! Can't wait!
Jun 16, 2013 7:15 PM

Jun 2010
Should be expected. Idols anime sell so much...
Jun 16, 2013 9:49 PM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
That's nice. How's about some shameless promotion? XD

That's Suzuko Mimori pointing at herself in a real Japanese drama LOL
That is from a tokusatsu drama "Fire Leon". Not just Mimori (Umi) is there, Tokui Sora (Nico) also has a role in it too. And you know why such "shameless promotion" is possible? Because Fujiroad sponsors this program. If you remember, in an earlier post I disclosed the main players of Love Live anime - Bandai, Lantis, Fujiroad, Ascii-Mediawork, Sunrise. Besides, members of Milky Holmes including Mimori and Sora are under Lantis and they all got their first break by doing VA work for "Milky Holmes" game/anime which is a big franchise for Fujiroad (and since then they have appeared many times in events or activities related to the franchise on top of anime VA)

Jun 16, 2013 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
^ interesting, and yeah, I know the drama is named "Fire Leon."

Another one: Spoiler for size

Honoka's poster looks lovely doesn't it? :D

Frankly, I'm most pleased about this:

symbv said:
- Live concert in Saitama Super Arena on 2014 Feb 8th - 9th

The arena has the capacity of 37,000 which is Huge

With the history of hosting MMA Championship and World's Basketball Championship, this area is only reserved for big shot concert the likes of Green Day, Lady Gaga, Avil Lavigne, and Girl's Generation, etc. The only other anime concert held there was K-On! in 2011. It really makes me happy to see that μ has become such as big name to book this arena.
ThangLongJun 16, 2013 10:38 PM
Jun 16, 2013 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Another one: Spoiler for size

Honoka's poster looks lovely doesn't it? :D
Yeah Love Live fans noticed all of these, and these got quite a bit of talks in the forums when it was aired.

ThangLong said:

Frankly, I'm most pleased about this:
symbv said:
- Live concert in Saitama Super Arena on 2014 Feb 8th - 9th

The area has the capacity of 37,000 which is Huge

With the history of hosting MMA Championship and World's Basketball Championship, this area is only reserved for big shot concert the likes of Green Day, Lady Gaga, Avil Lavigne, and Girl's Generation, etc. The only other anime concert held there was K-On! in 2011. It really makes me happy to see that μ has become such as big name to warrant this concert.
And K-On! concert only lasted one day. Love Live will have two days. Fans in Japan are concerned if the venue can be filled, but I guess it should not be a problem. Love Live will surely be on radar in 2014 Feb as the 2nd season will be airing at the time! Now perhaps the question is if this will eventually lead to Tokyo Dome - the holy grail for all music artists in Japan and the place esteemed divas like Mizuki Nana hold their concerts....

Jun 16, 2013 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
And K-On! concert only lasted one day. Love Live will have two days. Fans in Japan are concerned if the venue can be filled, but I guess it should not be a problem. Love Live will surely be on radar in 2014 Feb as the 2nd season will be airing at the time!

That's one way to start Season 2 with a bang. I agree that if they keep Love Live! on the radar up to next year, filling up the seats will not be a problem. Let's see how much vol 4 and 5 get a boost after this news.

symbv said:
Now perhaps the question is if this will eventually lead to Tokyo Dome - the holy grail for all music artists in Japan and the place esteemed divas like Mizuki Nana hold their concerts....

hehe, Tokyo Dome is a bit much :D That one is for smash hit like AKB and Mizuki. Maybe after S2?
Jun 17, 2013 2:33 AM
Sep 2012
u's in Tokyo Dome?? Seriously??? Seriously????? :s
Jun 17, 2013 2:37 AM
Jun 2012
Great..!! been waitin to hear the green light on the second season..
Jun 17, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Looks like the BDs have enjoyed a nice rise on Amazon ever since the 2nd season was announced. I'm pretty sure the 1st 3 volumes were hanging outside the Top 100 earlier (EDIT: 162, 140 & 118 respectively, with 91 & 39 for v5 and v4 respectively).

*22位/*27位 ★ (*10,644 pt) [*,184予約] 13/06/21 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 4 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
*47位/*59位 ★ (**7,616 pt) [*,141予約] 13/07/26 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 5 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
*61位/*61位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 13/05/28 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 3 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]【更新停止】
*64位/*65位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 13/04/24 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 2 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]【更新停止】
*66位/*72位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 13/03/22 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 1 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]【更新停止】
And the rise has not stopped...

*13位/*17位 ★ (*10,692 pt) [*,189予約] 13/06/21 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 4 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
*31位/*35位 ★ (**7,626 pt) [*,143予約] 13/07/26 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 5 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
*35位/*40位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 13/05/28 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 3 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]【更新停止】
*39位/*44位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 13/04/24 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 2 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]【更新停止】
*44位/*52位 ★ (---,--- pt) [-,---予約] 13/03/22 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 1 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]【更新停止】
*83位/*88位 ★ (**6,897 pt) [*,137予約] 13/08/28 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 6 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]
*84位/*90位 ★ (**6,597 pt) [*,132予約] 13/09/25 ラブライブ! (Love Live! School Idol Project) 7 (初回限定版) [Blu-ray]

Jun 17, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
It's great to see Mimori Suzuko in J-dramas. And I love her singles and all her seiyuu work. So I have to question why this is coming out:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CL2JD4O

That's a gravure video isn't it? I thought only washed up has-beens made those, not those in their prime. When no one cares about her anymore... if that ever happens I can see those sorts of things as last resorts for her career but why now? Look at the other videos in the top 100 of that category to see what I mean...
Jun 17, 2013 9:09 AM

Sep 2012
^ Well, Mimori Suzuko is branding herself as a "meta-seiyuu" which means while being a full time seiyuu she is also branching out as a general "tarento" which means TV drama, guests in quiz shows, gravure book/DVD, and of course singing. In fact I read an article about the future of seiyuu industry and one thing it mentions is "diversification" and Mimori Suzuko is quoted a a prime example for such strategy. She may be going the furthest but quite many seiyuu these days also appear as models in fashion magazine, tech/photo/media magazine cover or some mobile apps. The more veteran seiyuu Inoue Mariko also just released a gravure book which shows her full bare back: http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/seiyufan/imgs/9/7/9720d0b8.jpg Also seiyuu doing gravure DVD is far from being limited to Mimori - a few already did and Taketatsu Ayana is going to release hers soon: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00D8V8BEA

And I don't think your understanding of people going to gravure DVD is correct. Those who did "nude gravure" are perhaps likely to be past her prime (though there are exceptions) but those who do the standard swimsuit or fashion kind are overwhelmingly before or at their prime.
symbvJun 17, 2013 9:26 AM

Jun 17, 2013 9:21 AM

Sep 2012
Just hope Mimorin doesn't spread her name recognition too thin... I think she has the talent to go without Image Videos. Ah well!
Jun 17, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
Well, Gravure and Modeling are all ways to gain new exposure and reach new audience (and potential fans) which can contribute to fame and money. Can't blame them for making use of their natural advantage for that, as long as she manages to keep the balance and not get too stressed or strained.

Jun 17, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
^ Well, Mimori Suzuko is branding herself as a "meta-seiyuu" which means while being a full time seiyuu she is also branching out as a general "tarento" which means TV drama, guests in quiz shows, gravure book/DVD, and of course singing. In fact I read an article about the future of seiyuu industry and one thing it mentions is "diversification" and Mimori Suzuko is quoted a a prime example for such strategy. She may be going the furthest but quite many seiyuu these days also appear as models in fashion magazine, tech/photo/media magazine cover or some mobile apps. The more veteran seiyuu Inoue Mariko also just released a gravure book which shows her full bare back: http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/seiyufan/imgs/9/7/9720d0b8.jpg Also seiyuu doing gravure DVD is far from being limited to Mimori - a few already did and Taketatsu Ayana is going to release hers soon: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00D8V8BEA

And I don't think your understanding of people going to gravure DVD is correct. Those who did "nude gravure" are perhaps likely to be past her prime (though there are exceptions) but those who do the standard swimsuit or fashion kind are overwhelmingly before or at their prime.

That's not bad at all, although I don't think I would like a seiyuu to do a complete nude gravure at least while they are still in business, it would be better if they retire first before they did that to avoid controversy.

Jun 17, 2013 9:41 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
That's not bad at all, although I don't think I would like a seiyuu to do a complete nude gravure at least while they are still in business, it would be better if they retire first before they did that to avoid controversy.
At the very least I have yet to see a nude gravure done by a seiyuu....

Anyway, one thing that very very few western anime fans know is that the jobs that take up the most time of seiyuu these days are often not the anime VA jobs but the many radio shows that seiyuu do in support of anime being aired or going to be aired. The anime fans in the west only know the anime but most have little idea of the many marketing campaigns being done in Japan to market the anime, and now there are even dedicated radio channels that cater only for anime related programs which produce a huge demand for seiyuu to become radio personalities. Quite many actually gain quite a bit of fame just by their performance in those radio program -- for example Iguchi Yuka can act pretty crazy on radio (and particularly so when you see her doing radio program on video). This is another major way for seiyuu to establish fame on top of their voice acting or singing. Again the word is "diversification"

Jun 17, 2013 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
Jeez, I have not had to wait so long to have it confirmed!XD
An anime pretty good, I hope it is longer and more intriguing the second season! * _ *
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 24 minutes ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
18 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.