3It was OK
4.7%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.7
148 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2013 8:43 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Li Mu has come!

The struggle has just begun!
TyrelJan 2, 2016 11:47 PM
Jun 15, 2013 9:04 PM

Apr 2008
The episode was good. I can't wait for the next week with the discussion between Li Mu and Xin, it will be epic.
Jun 15, 2013 9:17 PM

May 2013
lol at how those people are so hot headed around Li Mu. It is war anyway.... death is common occurence.

Their reaction about Wang Yi's death really reminded me a quote:

"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic"

Those nameless soldiers and civilians are forgotten.
Jun 15, 2013 9:19 PM

Apr 2008
Ayouda_Mawabea said:
lol at how those people are so hot headed around Li Mu. It is war anyway.... death is common occurence.

Their reaction about Wang Yi's death really reminded me a quote:

"One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic"

Those nameless soldiers and civilians are forgotten.

You kill the best man and you can win a war. This is always like that. For exemple, read Romance of the three kingdoms.
Jun 15, 2013 9:51 PM

May 2013
KiraYoshikage said:

You kill the best man and you can win a war. This is always like that. For exemple, read Romance of the three kingdoms.

That is not even from that novel. It is from Sun Tzu's Art of War.

Even before Sun, everyone already knew value to capture or kill enemy commanders.

I dislike Romance of Three Kingdoms because its heavy bias toward that "imperial uncle". Besides, I can't even understand which one is historical part and isn't. Since I prefer learning history from different point of views, in order to improve my knowledge, I didn't take such novel seriously.

btw, I just put my opinion about human psychology. Even Wang Yi would tried avenge Liao's death, because she was the most precious person for him.
Ayouda_MawabeaJun 16, 2013 5:59 AM
Jun 17, 2013 5:49 PM

Aug 2012
An intense negotiation and great episode but what has me more curious is that episode preview. Still i don't understand how the Qin can ask for that castle when its on the other side of the map, how would they send men to hold the castle?
Jun 17, 2013 6:09 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, tense episode. Was surprised that Li Mu would was actually the one put in the tight situation, gotta respect him for risking his life for a friend though. This alliance will certainly be interesting, because you know Li Mu will break contract and turn at the most opportune time. But Wei and Yan won't stand a chance in the meantime.
Xenoi said:
An intense negotiation and great episode but what has me more curious is that episode preview. Still i don't understand how the Qin can ask for that castle when its on the other side of the map, how would they send men to hold the castle?
It wasn't that far was it? Seemed to be sort of stuck in the middle of Qin, Zhao, and Wei.

But man, Lu Buwei is no joke. That castle will be pretty advantageous for them I'm sure, if nothing more than(assuming the alliance will be kept quiet) drawing in Wei and ambushing them.

To think that Xin could find himself fighting alongside this fella someday
AlexTheRiotJun 17, 2013 7:44 PM
Jun 17, 2013 6:39 PM
May 2013
Holy shit this episode was good. Really deepened the two "main antagonists" for this season. Just wow, to pull off such a good episode with no action and seemingly a very low episode budget (lot of stills etc) just great job!
Jun 17, 2013 6:43 PM
Oct 2012
Flawless this episode was perfect! I knew he would propose an alliance, but DAMN did we get the good end of the deal.
Jun 17, 2013 6:56 PM

Feb 2012
What a shame I would have loved to see Li Mu's head on a golden plate.
Jun 17, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2013
Wow that was some intense meeting going on.
Jun 17, 2013 8:21 PM

Apr 2013
Wow... I can't say any words other than it was a tense episode.
Lu Buwei is sneakier and more intellegent than I thought and from the moment that Li Mu entered the palace, he was already at a big disadvantage. Truly a fearsome negotiation
Jun 17, 2013 9:16 PM

May 2012
What a tense negotiation. And I was surprised with the alliance. I understand how the others will feel since Wang Qi's death that I never thought of a possibility of an Zhao-Qin alliance. Geez, this Lu Buwei is damn clever.
Jun 17, 2013 11:10 PM

May 2013
Such alliance isn't uncommon during warring states era, or similar era from any other civilizations. Political pragmatism and opportunism served better than any ideological thought. Yesterday ally is today enemy and today enemy is tomorrow ally. So on

Tense episode... I have read the banquet chapter from raw manga. I wanna see how they make Li Mu and Xin converse each other
Ayouda_MawabeaJun 17, 2013 11:17 PM
Jun 18, 2013 1:10 AM

Nov 2011
Kinda felt sorry for Sei, being the king and still not having the power to stop one of your chancellors from doing whatever he wants, the atmosphere in the room was tense as hell, i could feel it through the screen

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 18, 2013 2:35 AM
May 2013
Zee530 said:
Kinda felt sorry for Sei, being the king and still not having the power to stop one of your chancellors from doing whatever he wants, the atmosphere in the room was tense as hell, i could feel it through the screen

I also noticed that Sei was just like one of the audience there watching the negotiation and couldn't do anything at all.
A merchant vs. a strategist bargain.
the merchant won by using of it's haggle skills and cornering the strategist by using dirty tactics
Jun 18, 2013 8:14 AM

May 2011
Haha, that line about ten castles instead of one if they were to offer up another. Both sides were amazing in the audacity of their negotiations.
Jun 18, 2013 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
Liesianthes said:
Zee530 said:

I also noticed that Sei was just like one of the audience there watching the negotiation and couldn't do anything at all.
A merchant vs. a strategist bargain.
the merchant won by using of it's haggle skills and cornering the strategist by using dirty tactics

Not sure if the anime explained it since i have yet to watch it but the manga did explain why Zheng/Sei kept quiet in during the negotiations.maybe that will be revealed in the next episode.

The ChunPing guy that li mu came for is actually a gay partner of the king of Zhao. The king sent li mu on this suicide mission to get him back shows that the value that gay friend of his is worth more than li mu's life, which shows how fatuous the Zhao king is and this at the same time shows how important li mu is to Zhao under this fatuous ruler. This was not very obvious in both the anime and manga so i figured i should point this out.
kingmagaxJun 18, 2013 10:16 AM
Jun 18, 2013 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
Well, this sure was an intense negotiation. I didn't think the season will be this good right from the start.

Jun 18, 2013 11:14 AM
Dec 2008
Who is the narrator of the Kingdom series? He somehow reminds of the narrator of One Piece.
Jun 18, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
kingmagax said:

The ChunPing guy that li mu came for is actually a gay partner of the king of Zhao. The king sent li mu on this suicide mission to get him back shows that the value that gay friend of his is worth more than li mu's life, which shows how fatuous the Zhao king is and this at the same time shows how important li mu is to Zhao under this fatuous ruler. This was not very obvious in both the anime and manga so i figured i should point this out.
lol holy shit. That changes things I suppose, instead of Li Mu's faithfulness to a friend it's his loyalty to the King(suppose he didn't have much of a choice though) thanks for clearing that up, I did find it odd how they sort of glossed over why ChunPingjun was important to the King.
Jun 18, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2011
Oh man, this show sure knows how to deliver. Great episode, time flies by when watching Kingdom.

AlexTheRiot said:
lol holy shit. That changes things I suppose, instead of Li Mu's faithfulness to a friend it's his loyalty to the King(suppose he didn't have much of a choice though) thanks for clearing that up, I did find it odd how they sort of glossed over why ChunPingjun was important to the King.

Ehm, what? I thought it was really obvious. Sure it wasn't said in words, but the implication was there. Multiple times.

And it doesn't show his loyalty to the king. As you said, he really didn't have another choice.
Jun 18, 2013 1:54 PM
Dec 2008
I love the way the characters matured art-wise. I like their faces way better now and I so hope there will be no more of that cg crap anymore.
Jun 19, 2013 11:10 PM

Oct 2011
Late in watching this...

Fukk..... What an intense bargaining talk. @_____@ Kept me on edge the whole time. >___<
Jun 20, 2013 2:13 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode! That's what I call a negotiation, and now they will start the war against Wei, I cannot wait!

5/5
Jun 20, 2013 8:43 AM
Jun 2013
In truth history Wang Qi did not die in LI MU tactis not so fst die he still had to conquer all six nations because the Wang QI is replace or succeeded by XIN? That make him one of the four great general in Warring States Period! NOT Six Great general of QIN!!
RanexvJun 20, 2013 8:48 AM
Jun 20, 2013 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
Ranexv said:
In truth history Wang Qi did not die in LI MU tactis not so fst die he still had to conquer all six nations because the Wang QI is replace or succeeded by XIN? That make him one of the four great general in Warring States Period! NOT Six Great general of QIN!!

You are talking about Wang Jian. Wang Qi is Wang Yi, a lesser known general of Qin, who did die in the 3rd year of Ying Zheng's rule. And yes there is no such thing as the six general system in history but all the six generals did existed in history. Dont worry your hero Wang Jian, a relative of Wang Yi will appear soon in the anime. Please research more carefully before making such statement
kingmagaxJun 20, 2013 10:05 AM
Jun 21, 2013 1:56 AM
Jun 2013
I thought Wang Jian become into 2 split character one is Wang Qi other one is Xin? Hmm maybe Xin is really Lee Xin one of lesser general. The anime not follow so much in real history?
RanexvJun 21, 2013 2:44 AM
Jun 21, 2013 2:53 AM

Jun 2013
Ranexv said:
Wang Qi is Wang Jian not Wang Yi coz the anime name change and the anime did not follow much in real history since Wang Jian is veteran general serve 3 generation of Qin King he is really old not young by the way Tis anime wan to make Xin become Wang Jian le since a hint that Wang Qi give a spear to Xin so that make Xin is new Wang Jian? I guess Wang Jian character split into 2 character one is Wang Qi other one is XIN.

I guess the only way to convince you is for the real Wang Jian to appear in the anime. He is the guy in the mask from one of the scene in the opening song. He should be appearing within the next 10 to 15 episodes. Saying Wang Yi is Wang Jian is like saying George H W Bush is George W Bush. Heck do you even know who is Wang Yi?

And Xin is Li Xin. Google "Qin Li Xin" for his achievements in history. Not going to spoil the others here

Meh no point proving how wrong you are here, the anime will do that for me. I read the raws up to the latest chapter and i can say the author did not alter most of the important history facts.
Jun 21, 2013 6:24 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah Xin will probably get a name change at the end of the series to one of people who help conqueror the 6 Kingdoms. Im not sure who i know Li Mu died a pretty shitty way if you want know look on wikipedia. lol

We should get a timeskip during this season.
Jun 22, 2013 2:22 AM

Jun 2013
bonifide said:
Yeah Xin will probably get a name change at the end of the series to one of people who help conqueror the 6 Kingdoms. Im not sure who i know Li Mu died a pretty shitty way if you want know look on wikipedia. lol

Xin(Li Xin) did help in the unification war. Just google the keywords above.
Jun 22, 2013 4:02 AM

May 2013
Ranexv said:
I thought Wang Jian become into 2 split character one is Wang Qi other one is Xin? Hmm maybe Xin is really Lee Xin one of lesser general. The anime not follow so much in real history?

You need learn history more. Wang Yi was Bai Qi's deputy during Battle of Chang Ping. He isn't Wang Jian.

bonifide said:

We should get a timeskip during this season.

Some information about Xin and spoiler about his future ( also some other characters)

Ayouda_MawabeaJun 22, 2013 8:18 AM
Jun 23, 2013 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
seems like a fair trade. li mu gets to keep his head + they got an alliance to by time to take over the eastern country -- whereas qin got an important castle in zhao (almost like a collateral if shit goes wrong in the alliance) and they get to invade a key country without interruptions.

but i mean if li mu is that great of a strategist, they probably shouldve lopped off his head right there. perhaps they're underestimating just how fearsome he can be. if he can take down wang qi, pretty sure he could take back that important castle. =\
Jun 23, 2013 6:26 PM
Feb 2012
great episode
Jun 23, 2013 9:18 PM

Apr 2008
Kurogashi said:

but i mean if li mu is that great of a strategist, they probably shouldve lopped off his head right there. perhaps they're underestimating just how fearsome he can be. if he can take down wang qi, pretty sure he could take back that important castle. =

If you see the exchange, Li Mu is very intelligent. They let Qin attacked a strong enemy. The goal is not the castle, but who will emerge victorious from this alliance. Li Mu provides no millitary Support. The goal is to fatigue the troupe of Qin

One way or another, everyone knows that Qin.will destroy Zhao. I said no spoil as it is the true story.
Jun 24, 2013 4:07 PM

May 2013
Kurogashi said:

but i mean if li mu is that great of a strategist, they probably shouldve lopped off his head right there. perhaps they're underestimating just how fearsome he can be. if he can take down wang qi, pretty sure he could take back that important castle. =

Killing a diplomat was highly unusual even during Warring States era. As Lord Changwen pointed out, Qin would be isolated by six states if they kill Li Mu.
Mar 21, 2014 4:50 PM

Nov 2011
I'm wondering how long this alliance will last tbh.
Apr 17, 2014 6:13 AM

Sep 2011
I liked how surprised they were when Lu Buwei announced its time for them to die.
Jun 6, 2014 7:48 PM

Jun 2012
That was a really interesting discussion. Was curious if Li Mu was going to pull something out in response to the castle offer, but it looks like he didn't have a whole lot of choices.

The question is, how long will this alliance last for? I'd imagine bonds would break before too long because of all the unease and distrust.
Jun 15, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
I must say the Chancellor merchant for qin was really something.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 17, 2014 4:20 PM

Jun 2012
Lu buwei is a damn monster. I hope Zheng gets to that level. Those books he's reading at night better help him out.

The beginning when Li Mu was talking about himself reminded me a lot of yang wenli from lotgh.
Jan 17, 2015 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
kingmagax said:
Ranexv said:

You are talking about Wang Jian. Wang Qi is Wang Yi, a lesser known general of Qin, who did die in the 3rd year of Ying Zheng's rule. And yes there is no such thing as the six general system in history but all the six generals did existed in history. Dont worry your hero Wang Jian, a relative of Wang Yi will appear soon in the anime. Please research more carefully before making such statement

So there's a female general in Qin and she's real?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 21, 2015 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Lu Buwei...you sly devil. Zheng you better think of something before he really does take over.
Oct 11, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2009
God damn, Lu Buwei. Li Mu was sweating bullets.
Jan 1, 2016 1:59 AM

Jun 2009
Easily one of the best episodes of the entire series so far. This was intense.
Sep 8, 2017 5:15 AM

Oct 2012
This won't end well
But at least they got something

The biggest enemy isn't the other states.. It's in their own states
"Signature removed"
Nov 2, 2017 12:00 PM
Mar 2017
lol, the one at the end is Qiang Lei, without the white clothes I could not identify her, and I said "Who the hell is that"
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 21, 2019 12:25 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, an alliance, that's a big surprise.
Jun 23, 2019 3:25 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder how Zheng is gonna handle Lu.

Aug 28, 2020 3:13 AM
Oct 2017
An excellent episode this deep down in the series. I have my hopes up now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 32 Discussion

AlexTheRiot - Jan 12, 2014

38 by LewisHarrison »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.