Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2013 1:12 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh...the storyline moves so damn slow.

But good episode nonetheless.

LOL, I made it on page 3!
Jun 15, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2008
zellami said:
pming said:
Titans stills also have more detail.

I must have missed this in the manga, because was shocked to see this titan,

who has kind of proportionate features. And the look on his/her face when eating people ...

That's not the one. Not as muscular
Jun 15, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
Wish it was a little bit ~faster~ throughout the whole episode I was waiting for what it was building up to and it ended where I wanted it to start. Okay episode none the less. Can't wait for next episode.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jun 15, 2013 1:16 PM
Nov 2011
The three titans we see up close in episode 11.

Only one is in the manga - the handsome fella chewing on Daz's friend. The other two - one about to eat little girl and the one a group of soldiers were trying to bait in are anime-only.
Jun 15, 2013 1:18 PM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
zellami said:
pming said:

who has kind of proportionate features. And the look on his/her face when eating people ...

That's not the one. Not as muscular

Yeah, I know. There was one with an afro.

I am trying to collect more images of them, b/w the anime and the manga - might come with another theory on their origin (unspoilerifically said).
Jun 15, 2013 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
I so happy that Crunchyroll is getting faster and faster with Shingeki no Kyojin. You can tell the people who work there love this anime when they are releasing it faster every week.

Anyways I was waiting for Pixis epic speech to be animated. That was one of my favorite parts in the manga. I just love how he manipulates everyone from leaving. He's right though. If they leave, they will only put their family and loved ones in danger.

That ending though. I KNEW they were going to end this episode with Eren attacking Mikasa.

Jan 2012
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Apr 2009
I always interpret that titan in the image above as Pixis' ideal titan waifu.

Also, anyone else notice how sexual Rico's run was? God damn, best girl. Perfect form.

Sep 2012
Damn I wonder if Eren can still control the titan.
Jun 15, 2013 1:23 PM

Jun 2012
Link2thepast said:
Damn I wonder if Eren can still control the titan.

Yeah he just took a shot at Mikasa. Pretty good episode though iv come to expect that. Hopefully he can control it because Eren really needs the people to trust him. If they don't work with him the current plan and future ones will fail.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 15, 2013 1:23 PM
Nov 2011
kaykenner54 said:
I so happy that Crunchyroll is getting faster and faster with Shingeki no Kyojin. You can tell the people who work there love this anime when they are releasing it faster every week.

I am wondering what they bribed Kodansha and IG-Wit with to get them permission to release Titans like only 2 hours after it premiered in Japan.
Jun 15, 2013 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Amarrez said:

Also, anyone else notice how sexual Rico's run was? God damn, best girl. Perfect form.

Most certainly he'd agree with you!

Finally, good pics of Rico I approve:

Jun 15, 2013 1:25 PM
Sep 2012
lol that ending.

Oct 2010
Amarrez said:

Yeah i notice that *_*

Nice episode. Really looking foward for the next one.

Oct 2012
EREEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Jun 15, 2013 1:26 PM

Jun 2008
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Lol....still better than Bakemonogatri's PowerPoint presentation.

Although, as long as the story is interesting and that art remains good, I really don't care.
Jun 15, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2009
To be honest? I forgive the stills this episode. Only because I know where all the budget went.

Jun 15, 2013 1:29 PM
Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
To be honest? I forgive the stills this episode. Only because I know where all the budget went.

I can't stop rewatching that. The whole final minute just went overdrive.
Jun 15, 2013 1:29 PM

Apr 2010
One thing is for certain. Eren is one manly drinker.
Jun 15, 2013 1:30 PM

Sep 2012
boring episode,only the end was pretty good..seems like the plans are gonna change
Jun 15, 2013 1:31 PM

Oct 2012
StarSlay said:
boring episode,only the end was pretty good..seems like the plans are gonna change
Agreed. I thought almost the whole episode was boring up until the last couple of minutes.

Dat scene where's Eren is flying through buildings though! So good.

Hope Eren still has control of his Titan powers.
Jun 15, 2013 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
They could have ended the whole Trost deal in this episode,why make the wait longer?

I know the watcher must understand how important the win for human against titans is,but this episode was wasted on minor characters.
Jun 15, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
vvld said:
They could have ended the whole Trost deal in this episode,why make the wait longer?

No, they can't do 4 chapters of a monthly manga in one episode. Are you crazy?
Jun 15, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
antonn said:
One thing is for certain. Eren is one manly drinker.

I wonder if Eren like Jagermeister?
Jun 15, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
"If there was an external force threatening all of humanity, humans would unite and fight together". Guess the Titans aren't so foreign after all. I'm guessing that some scientists made the Titans somehow (perhaps by mutating the human genome like Dr. Jaegar did to Eren?). I have to admit, Dot Pixis is a brilliant commander.

Continuing, they finally showed us the overview of the walls, and those are some huge walls! They cover ridiculous amounts of territory that I didn't even think possible. Guess we'll soon find out who made those walls as well.

The action scenes of swerving round buildings in the maneuver gear were amazing and animated really well! I'm 100% fine with stills if we get action scenes on this level every few episodes or so. It was also quite amusing that the three elites that were guarding Eren all had Russian names.

But what concerns me is why did Eren punch Mikasa? I mean, yeah, she was pretty annoying this entire episode but still, punching her in Titan form? That's kinda harsh buddy. I hope it wasn't that the Titan part of him overtook his human senses and brain- though the preview is hinting at that. Well, the troops won't like him at all if the plan screws up.

Overall, I just hope we start seeing more stuff happen. I expected this episode to cover the entire mission and then we could move on but instead it was over five minutes of the white haired chick reminding Eren that his fellow soldiers' lives were being sacrificed for him- as if he didn't already know that. I don't know if this is an accurate following of what happened in the manga, but it kind of irritates me nonetheless. Why don't they just hurry through the scenes or skip them if they're repetitive? It really lags at the action.
SpiraiJun 15, 2013 1:45 PM
Jun 15, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
Did they change the airing time ?
Jun 15, 2013 1:42 PM

Apr 2010
tsudecimo said:
Did they change the airing time ?

CR released earlier, thus Horrible also released earlier.

Jul 2011
Damn cliffhanger

Nov 2007
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Although, as long as the story is interesting and that art remains good, I really don't care.

SHAFT have their unique way of animating. I really enjoy how they work, even if they look like powerpoint presentation.

I don't care about still pictures. I have seen some anime with pretty sloppy action scenes. Shingeki beats most of the action anime out there in the actions scenes anyways. And even for stills, they are nicely drawn, so I really don't care just like you said. :)

There were a few blips here and there which caught my attention though, like in 00:12:25 (Eren giving Armin some words of confidence) of the previous episode, Eren's lips didn't move for a whole sentence. That was pretty much as fail as one of the episodes of Psyco-Pass.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 15, 2013 1:45 PM
Nov 2011
The 3DMG sequence at the end was just so hot.

PSA - the second arc has more 3DMG than the first arc.

I think they allocated most of the budget for the second arc. 3DMG scenes are probably the hardest to animate. Second would be the Titan-vs-Titan MMA fight scenes.

And the Scouting League arc has more of both than the Trost arc.
Jun 15, 2013 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
I finished rewatching episode 10 just before getting my hands on episode 11, and maybe it's just me, but the latter felt the transitional one.

Also, expected more of the air-borne transformation - it would be great to see Eren spiraling out from human to titan in the air with the stream taking shape around him.

Managed to capture Mikasa's 3DMG flight - awesome style!

It's pretty much clear what Pixis said - the double fiasco with Wall Maria shouldn't happen again - there's one time, one chance, one battle that needs to be done if humanity is to get its wits and try surviving. (-coughs- Dazz, for starters).
Jun 15, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2010
vvld said:

I know the watcher must understand how important the win for human against titans is,but this episode was wasted on minor characters.

I wouldn't call it wasted.
Besides ever since the first chapter Shingeki no Kyojin is following this pattern. It's kinda silly to keep expecting they are going to change the way chapters are developed after 11 episodes.

Better do things this way and develop characters rather than do some brainless action packed episode.
Jun 15, 2013 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
slow starting but liked the speech of pixis.one heck of personality.
but didnt expect to see eren punching mikasa at the end,and when he needs to show that he can control it /=
Jun 15, 2013 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

SHAFT have their unique way of animating. I really enjoy how they work, even if they look like powerpoint presentation.

I don't care about still pictures. I have seen some anime with pretty sloppy action scenes. Shingeki beats most of the action anime out there in the actions scenes anyways. And even for stills, they are nicely drawn, so I really don't care just like you said. :)

There were a few blips here and there which caught my attention though, like in 00:12:25 (Eren giving Armin some words of confidence) of the previous episode, Eren's lips didn't move for a whole sentence. That was pretty much as fail as one of the episodes of Psyco-Pass.

Agreed.

The action sequences have been animated very nicely and as long as they allocate their budget to what matters most, I don't mind the stills at all.

Hell, I didn't even notice them (that much) until everyone on here began complaining about them.

Seems to me, people are always going to complain about something.
Jun 15, 2013 1:59 PM

Aug 2012
JustALEX said:
shanimebib said:
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Agreed.

The action sequences have been animated very nicely and as long as they allocate their budget to what matters most, I don't mind the stills at all.

Hell, I didn't even notice them (that much) until everyone on here began complaining about them.

But hey! I'd actually love SnK as a slideshow from the way Wit Studio does it. I mean, seriously, it's just gonna be like reading a comic book with an audio diary, only with an EPIC OST being played at the right times and awesome voice acting to go with it. Just the soundtrack and the very good art are more than worth it.
Jun 15, 2013 1:59 PM

Dec 2012
noooooo

whats happened to you ehren ?
Cant wait or next week, fak u ehren and your damn titan

also, those 3DMG flight flight was awesome!!
Jun 15, 2013 2:01 PM
Nov 2011
JustALEX said:
shanimebib said:
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

Agreed.

They're running out of things to complain about. Can't complain about Eren being a Gary Stu cause the other characters get so much screen time. Can't complain about Eren being OP, because he's not OP - just look at what he did at the end of episode 11.

Can't complain about it being brainless action series, cause also lots of talking, lots of character development.

And complaining about (detailed gorgeous-looking) stills again and again is ridiculous when the show spends more time showcasing awesome 3DMG and MMA scenes.

Shingeki is a balanced show, not just in terms of animation and still art, but also in action and character development. Critics who can't recognize the good and only focus on what they think are flaws will find this show very difficult to swallow.
Jun 15, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
Pixis is a total badass imo :P.

This episode was kinda slow.. and WTF eren O-O he can't control the titan?
Jun 15, 2013 2:05 PM

Feb 2009
shanimebib said:
JustALEX said:
ReasonDesu said:
Shingeki no Slideshow.

That is all.

SHAFT is great at covering up lack of animation in an interesting way but they can do actual animation from time to time when they need to:

I don't really mind the stills in this show, for the most part. The only one that's really bugged me so far was a few episodes ago when they were walking down the stairs and it was just stills where everyone was talking and nobody's mouth moved.
Jun 15, 2013 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
Sourire said:
Shaduge said:
Such an intensely boring episode.
action action action I want only action action please shounen action ahhhhhhhh

Well what else is this show good for? Clever and engaging dialogue?
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 15, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2008
3nvy said:
Sourire said:
Shaduge said:

...get out =_=
Jun 15, 2013 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
zellami said:
pming said:

I call that Bishonen Titan distant relative of Kawaii Titan

Also about that ending. I think since Eren has been using up his "Titan Jutsu", or whatever it's called, so much that he's now having difficulty using it. I think I count it as the 3rd time he used it that day? Probably took a swing at Mikasa either cause it upset him that she treated him as a child/little brother and when he transformed his anger increased also or that he just wanted to test out Mikasa's abs.

Good episode btw.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 15, 2013 2:15 PM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
3nvy said:
Sourire said:
Shaduge said:

...get out =_=

You all really need to accept some criticism and stop circlejerking all the goddamn time.
Jun 15, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2013
Good episode.
Jun 15, 2013 2:19 PM
Nov 2011
FastWheels said:
Darklight0303 said:
3nvy said:
Sourire said:
Shaduge said:

...get out =_=

You all really need to accept some criticism and stop circlejerking all the goddamn time.

That's poor quality criticism.

And btw, why do some people act as though critics should be immune from criticism?
Jun 15, 2013 2:19 PM

Mar 2010
Spirai said:

But what concerns me is why did Eren punch Mikasa? I mean, yeah, she was pretty annoying this entire episode but still, punching her in Titan form? That's kinda harsh buddy. I hope it wasn't that the Titan part of him overtook his human senses and brain- though the preview is hinting at that. Well, the troops won't like him at all if the plan screws up.

It's pretty obvious that Eren's gone berserk in his Titan form. He would attack anybody at this point.
Jun 15, 2013 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
Quality episode but it's understandable when I saw the 3D maneuver scene. Looks like IG blew their budget on that one.
Jun 15, 2013 2:21 PM

Feb 2013
love the whole motivation thing...loved it!~
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jun 15, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2010
zellami said:
pming said:

"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jun 15, 2013 2:22 PM

Apr 2009
Archie74 said:
zellami said:
pming said:

Okay, for one you need to tag that spoiler. And two, no, it's definitely not.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.