Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 14, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:

That's his understanding of her ambition to win that's rushing the match not necessarily her love for karuta. It's blatantly obvious now that Chihaya's love for karuta goes beyond winning or losing. Chihaya wants to see Taichi have fun and enjoy his moment. That's where I feel her true and selfless love for karuta lies. Taichi's match was more important to Chihaya than some learning opportunity. Taichi didn't seem to understand this, but maybe Chihaya choosing to watch his match with help him to.

I would say it's definitely both, but her ambition to win=her love for karuta. She wants to take every step to becoming the best because she loves everything about karuta. Naturally, when you love a sport that much, you are obsessed with doing everything it takes to win. Learning by watching the best of the best play is a part of her love for karuta. More importantly, Arata v Shinobu is a dream match for her to watch. No one would appreciate the beauty of that match more than Chihaya. Taichi, who regularly places Chihaya's needs and desires above all else, knows this better than anyone.
Jun 14, 2013 7:03 PM
Sep 2012
Shinobu and Arata's match is as great as I've imagined it. Can't wait to watch it for the next 2 episodes!

This episode - as great as it was - would have been absolutely perfect if Taichi's match wasn't rushed over -- It didn't even last an entire episode. It felt like all that buildup for Taichi becoming Class-A was for nothing. They should have never had that recap episode to expand on Taichi overcoming his weaknesses and insecurities and finally becoming Class-A.
Jun 14, 2013 7:13 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

That's his understanding of her ambition to win that's rushing the match not necessarily her love for karuta. It's blatantly obvious now that Chihaya's love for karuta goes beyond winning or losing. Chihaya wants to see Taichi have fun and enjoy his moment. That's where I feel her true and selfless love for karuta lies. Taichi's match was more important to Chihaya than some learning opportunity. Taichi didn't seem to understand this, but maybe Chihaya choosing to watch his match with help him to.

I would say it's definitely both, but her ambition to win=her love for karuta. She wants to take every step to becoming the best because she loves everything about karuta. Naturally, when you love a sport that much, you are obsessed with doing everything it takes to win. Learning by watching the best of the best play is a part of her love for karuta. More importantly, Arata v Shinobu is a dream match for her to watch. No one would appreciate the beauty of that match more than Chihaya. Taichi, who regularly places Chihaya's needs and desires above all else, knows this better than anyone.

If Chihaya appreciated that match more than Taichi's match then she would have watched it, simple as that. If Taichi places Chihaya's desires above all else then he should have known she desired nothing more than to support Taichi even at the cost of missing such a beautiful match.
Jun 14, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
My nigga Taichi finally made Class A (^_^)

5/5
Jun 14, 2013 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

If Chihaya appreciated that match more than Taichi's match then she would have watched it, simple as that. If Taichi places Chihaya's desires above all else then he should have known she desired nothing more than to support Taichi even at the cost of missing such a beautiful match.

I never said she appreciated it more than Taichi's. The point is that she would appreciate that match more than anyone. Knowing that, it was a shock to us and to Taichi that she came to his match. Placing her desires above all else doesn't mean he can read her mind lol. He's seen her obsessing about Arata being there this whole time, and dude they're teenagers. She gives somewhat mixed signals, and he tends to put himself down. Of course he would expect her to watch the other match.

Are you actually trying to say that because he got that wrong, he doesn't understand her love for karuta?
AlexTheRiotJun 14, 2013 7:39 PM
Jun 14, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2011
Chihaya has almost ruined his performance but Taichi is finally a class A.

And now the moment that I'm waiting from a loooong time, Arata vs Shinobu!

5/5
Jun 14, 2013 7:41 PM

Nov 2007
E kyuu da yo Taichi. Omedetou! T_T

Everything started to melt inside me. I don't even care about Arata and Shinobu's match anymore. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 14, 2013 7:47 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

I never said she appreciated it more than Taichi's. The point is that she would appreciate that match more than anyone. Knowing that, it was a shock to us and to Taichi that she came to his match. Placing her desires above all else doesn't mean he can read her mind lol. He's seen her obsessing about Arata being there this whole time, and dude they're teenagers. She gives somewhat mixed signals, and he tends to put himself down. Of course he would expect her to watch the other match.

Are you actually trying to say that because he got that wrong, he doesn't understand her love for karuta?

I'm just saying he should have enjoyed the match not rush it for everyone who was there supporting him, his opponent, and the game. If Chihaya had been in his place she wouldn't have rushed the match for anything. So in that sense yes, he doesn't seem to fully understand her love for karuta.
Cincib0iJun 14, 2013 7:52 PM
Jun 14, 2013 7:48 PM

Jan 2012
I was so happy Chihaya went to watch Taichi's match. I thought she was gonna put Arata over him again like always.
Jun 14, 2013 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
TAICHI! Well done <3333
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Jun 14, 2013 8:27 PM

Dec 2012
Taichi! I'm so happy for you <333 I love him much more than arata :3
Jun 14, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:

I'm just saying he should have enjoyed the match not rush it for everyone who was there supporting him, his opponent, and the game. If Chihaya had been in his place she wouldn't have rushed the match for anything. So in that sense yes, he doesn't seem to fully understand her love for karuta.

lol you didn't answer the question I asked.

But okay, do you really think Chihaya doesn't want to win by as many cards as possible every time she plays? When Arata and Shinobu blow someone out by 25 cards, does that mean they're "rushing" and disrespecting the game and their opponent?

He knew Chihaya would want to watch the other match but she came for him, so he wanted to win as quickly as possible so they could go watch it. Everybody wants to win by as many cards as possible, he just had an extra reason to do so. You're making a bigger deal out of it than it is, and trying to throw loose points together to argue that he doesn't "fully understand her love for karuta" when there's no logical evidence to support that.
Jun 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2008
Finally Taichi!!! I'm so happy for him. I'm so glad Chihaya chose to go see his match, although Shinobu's and Arata's match is pretty intense too. However, if like Chihaya I had to choose, I would of chosen Taichi as well.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 14, 2013 9:14 PM

Jan 2010
Funny. In many respects, this episode isn't really at the top level. This season has had a number of episodes that were superior. It did feel a bit rushed, or at any rate, lacked the extra attention and focus that other episodes have given to matches. But as someone mentioned, two years of toil and suffering finally paid off today. I kind of thought that Chihaya might throw herself on him at the end.

I'm glad that Taichi won his A-class at this tournament. It was the only fitting venue for his great day. What a tournament he had. I hope there's some available space in his trophy room to hang his newly won laurels.
Jun 14, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Bitches, I wanted to see more of Arata vs. Queen.
Jun 14, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2012
5/5 like usual... i think this show is a solid 10 btw

teared up a bit in the middle of the episode and actually cried at the last scene

taichi my baby ;_; you deserved it. omg this guys so in love with chihaya... he tried to rush his game with rion so chihaya can go watch arata/shino's match. WHY CAN'T A GUY DO THAT FOR ME HUH?
Jun 14, 2013 10:11 PM

Aug 2012
mayukachan said:
WHY CAN'T A GUY DO THAT FOR ME HUH?
Because you love potatoes far more than you could ever love any man :P
Jun 14, 2013 10:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
AlexTheRiot said:
mayukachan said:
WHY CAN'T A GUY DO THAT FOR ME HUH?
Because you love potatoes far more than you could ever love any man :P

I lol'ed.

Oh well, nice progression with Taichi there.
Cincib0i said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:
Wanting to rush the game and not enjoying the finals seemed disrespectful to the game, his opponent, and all the players who couldn't make it to the finals. Sure it was for Chihaya's sake, but Chihaya obviously wanted him to enjoy his moment. At this rate I feel Taichi won't ever come to fully understand Chihaya's heart and her love for karuta.

You say that, but isn't his understanding of her love for karuta the reason he was intent on rushing the match? Ya know, so she could go see the match that she wants to watch more than anything? So she wouldn't miss such a rare learning opportunity for his sake?

He actually didn't rush in the second half but simply used his trained skills against a less-trained but talented opponent. It looked like he did enjoy the match too.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 14, 2013 11:01 PM

Nov 2009
TAICHI, CONGRATULATIONS FOR MAKING A CLASS! QwQ

Such a beautiful and tearful episode, no less
Jun 14, 2013 11:03 PM
Jan 2013
Eh, this anime hasn't got anymore in to it since Chihaya has already lost.

Frankly this more on the Arata and Tachi rivalry for Chihaya's affection.
Jun 14, 2013 11:24 PM

May 2013
Taichi made class A FINALLY!!!! yay!! ^_^
I hope Arata wins in the next episode so he can make it to Tokyo!!!! I'll be waiting for a third season!!!!!! :)
Loved this episode 5/5
Jun 14, 2013 11:40 PM

Jan 2011
As always (except for those annoying recaps) an excellent episode. We'll probably get to see much of the Class A final next week, but I wonder what we have in store for the last episode? Cliffhanger? Confrontation between Taichi and Arata or Chihaya and Shinobu? Will we ever get to see what happens in Desktomu's match? So many questions...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 14, 2013 11:57 PM

Aug 2009
Taichi finally made it to Class A ;w; I cheered for him so much, I'm so glad!

Looking forward to the next episode since I have completely no idea on who will win.
Jun 15, 2013 12:00 AM

Mar 2012
I threw my arms up in celebration when Taichi won the finals and made class A. So many satisfying moments in this tournament.

I always immensely enjoy watching Taichi play. I love how much of a mental battle he makes it; what we get to inside his mind as he's playing never fails to fascinate me.

The individual tournament episodes just keep exceeding my expectations and washing away the skepticism I had for how the season would conclude. I feel pretty assured at this point that we'll be able to keep up the intensity through the final episodes.

Of course, I still am desperately hoping for a season 3, because this show needs it a whole lot. This series has never wasted a moment for developing and building up, even with the slow pacing. The anime adaptation just can't end before we get to Chihaya's queen match (once we have the manga material for that, that is).
Jun 15, 2013 12:28 AM

Jan 2011
Don't care. Want a S3. Taichi has been class A for so long in my book. About time he made it official!
Jun 15, 2013 1:57 AM
Jun 2009
My OTP is better than yours T_T Oh my god tears of joy, this episode...!!!
Jun 15, 2013 2:22 AM

Feb 2013
Congratulations Taichi!!! Glad that he is finally getting into A class which he deserved!!! And I hope Rien/Yama-chan will continue to improve! =D

I also love the fact that Chihaya chose to watch Taichi's match instead of Arata's, especially when Taichi is so positive that she won't ^^

Hope that Destomu-kun is doing well in his match!
Jun 15, 2013 2:22 AM
Jun 2013
Congrats to tacihi he finally made into A class , after losing in every tournament's semifinal or final uptill now :).Honestly i hate taichi , he shows no love for this game (shown when he thought he should end the game quickly, thinking he actually can do it against rion).He only tries to reach arata , and he will never do it.Also i also hated how rion got trolled , she deserved that win alot more than this fag , her entire team was rooting for her and just because shes a side char they decided to ruin the game.Chihaya honestly had nothing to see or learn from this match, but its clearly that the creator will make the chihayaxtaichi nightmare real...such a shame.Still didn't forget how was tachi as a kid and what he did.A forever spoiled brat who thought that winning at everything makes him a better person.Until he faced karuta that is :).
I expect lots of hate and flame but i dun give a shit. cya
Jun 15, 2013 2:27 AM

Apr 2011
Congratulations Taichi~ I am so happy for you now :)

Arata vs Shinobu next week. I can't wait for this match.
Jun 15, 2013 2:31 AM

Mar 2012
IZEROII said:
Don't care. Want a S3. Taichi has been class A for so long in my book. About time he made it official!

We also need to remember that he already had the opportunity to go to Class A. After he had two 2nd place finishes, Haruda said he's already qualified for Class A but Taichi turned it down because he felt he actually had to win a tournament to make Class A.

It's actually amazing at how dominant he was in the Class B tourney. Retro is a pretty good karuta player and he beat him by 17 cards...and then don't get me started on Rion who gave Chihaya a run for her money and he beat her by 9 cards.

Those are some impressive victories. I actually like Taichi's karuta abilities too because it's like that one spectator said. There's nothing "flashy" about his style of play, he just beats you out of outsmarting you with pure strategy.
Jun 15, 2013 2:32 AM

May 2010
AWWWW these tears of joy! ;_ ; Taichi marry me. Chihaya could marry the cards for all we care and Arata will end up with Shinobu anyway (or so I hope).

But yeah, I knew she's going to watch that match simply because of what she said earlier this season.

LOL I totally forgot about Shion I thought she lost already. XD

Also, the ending song. C'mon. Release a full version already!!!
Jun 15, 2013 2:52 AM

May 2009
"What am I doing here?"

^_^ You're no longer there!! You're with them A's now, Taichi! ^o^ You're with Chihaya now!! ...and Arata!

*o* things gettin more intense now! duhuhuhu....

I knew Chihaya will go to Taichi's match. =D Team support! And Taichi's moment!!

woooooot! wish she just fell over him and hugged him instead of falling down though... lol
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 15, 2013 3:15 AM

May 2010
yama x taichi:p

I am still a huge Taichi x Chihaya shipper just wanted to mention it:)
Jun 15, 2013 4:00 AM
Oct 2010
Seems like no one here noticed (or thought it was worth noting) that there were three persons in blue-coloured shirts in the room where the B, C, and D finals were held. ;)
Jun 15, 2013 4:49 AM

Sep 2011
tttttTTTTAAAAICHIIIII BB OMG HE FINALLY MADE IT TO CLASS A BOY LEMME HUG YOU (ノಥ‿ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧
this episode is PREFECTION! ;wwwww; <33333
Jun 15, 2013 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
TAICHIII, CONGRATS BABEEEEEEE ;_______;!!! <3333 SUCH A BEAUTIFUL EPISODE!!!
Jun 15, 2013 5:00 AM

Sep 2011
OMG TAICHI! I'm so happy for you! You deserve to be in Class A. You worked hard! Omedetou! ;A;
pew pew pew
Jun 15, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Man. Taichi was so damn cool early on, and then Chihaya had to come and destroy his concentration. Still a really good episode and I'm glad Taichi finally made it to A class.
Jun 15, 2013 5:43 AM

Feb 2008
i'm happy for taichi!!! finally he realize how strong he is..

and arata is ♥♥♥.
... =_=

Jun 15, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
stormgoddess said:
...Also, the ending song. C'mon. Release a full version already!!!

It is on the 2-disc Chihayafuru2 Soundtrack, already have it and love it!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00B16DQ94

Disc 1, track 17 is full length version of 茜空 Akane Sora, disc 1, track 19 is the TV Size version.
Jun 15, 2013 6:58 AM

Oct 2009
I'm so happy for Taichi's win, he really deserved it.
It was a good thing Chihaya choosed his match in stead of the Class A final even if she almost ruined Taichi's concentration :)
Jun 15, 2013 7:02 AM
Jan 2011
I guess from here on it's Arata and the Queen.
Jun 15, 2013 7:15 AM

Mar 2013
Best episode of the season so far for me. It's been a while since this show has made me cry like I so frequently did in the first season, it's great to see some of that magic returning. I hope the last two episodes will deliver just as strongly. So pumped for Arata vs. Shinobu next week :)
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Jun 15, 2013 7:25 AM

May 2010
hpulley said:
stormgoddess said:
...Also, the ending song. C'mon. Release a full version already!!!

It is on the 2-disc Chihayafuru2 Soundtrack, already have it and love it!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00B16DQ94

Disc 1, track 17 is full length version of 茜空 Akane Sora, disc 1, track 19 is the TV Size version.

Aw thanks for the info! Here accept my hug (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
stormgoddessJun 16, 2013 4:50 AM
Jun 15, 2013 8:17 AM

Jul 2009
AHHHHHH OMG THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD T_T
Ah so Chihaya has to choose between watching the A class finals and Taichi ... I really was expecting her to choose the former like Nishida but MAN am I glad she ended up watching Taichi ... even if it started to screw him up :P He was completely different against Rion ... looks like the pressure on both of them was pretty clear. Plus the reader was taking his final exam! Oh dear ... in any case, I'm glad Taichi managed to get back into the game by thinking of playing like Chihaya - his strategy and skill is good enough to beat talent. I mean I totally understand where he's coming from ... sometimes it just seems no matter how hard you practice there are just people naturally better :S Ahhh so glad for him at the end ... when they were crying it totally teared me up too T_T I hope Chihaya realized what he was doing ... especially when he was rushing them to go watch ... omg D;
Anyway, the Shinobu vs. Arata match is pretty intense too ... attack their strengths! :P Seems like Arata's grandfather passed down some key bits of knowledge to him ...
THESE MATCHES ARE TOO SHORT GAIZ T_T I wonder how the class A final is coming along ... they should be fairly progressed into the match already, but I'm thinking it'll be pretty close at the end :P
Jun 15, 2013 8:28 AM

Feb 2013
Taichi omedeto gosaimas for making it into class A! <3 <3
Jun 15, 2013 10:24 AM

Oct 2011
I'm so happy for Taichi finally making Class A!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jun 15, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2012
chihayafuru3 said:
Congrats to tacihi he finally made into A class , after losing in every tournament's semifinal or final uptill now :).Honestly i hate taichi , he shows no love for this game (shown when he thought he should end the game quickly, thinking he actually can do it against rion).He only tries to reach arata , and he will never do it.Also i also hated how rion got trolled , she deserved that win alot more than this fag , her entire team was rooting for her and just because shes a side char they decided to ruin the game.Chihaya honestly had nothing to see or learn from this match, but its clearly that the creator will make the chihayaxtaichi nightmare real...such a shame.Still didn't forget how was tachi as a kid and what he did.A forever spoiled brat who thought that winning at everything makes him a better person.Until he faced karuta that is :).
I expect lots of hate and flame but i dun give a shit. cya

You mad Arata fangirl?
Jun 15, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2013
At last the match I was waiting for has started.
Jun 15, 2013 11:38 AM

Aug 2011
OMFG TAIIIICCHHIIIIIII
SO HAPPY
CAN DIE NOW
HAPPILY
TAICHI X CHIHAYA 5EVER
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.