Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 25, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2012
aikaflip said:
mayukachan said:

How bad is the drama there? Is it like American high school dramas? I've been planning on watching it.

It's basically Golden Time as a soap opera with most of the humor stripped away.

Is the main female lead as bad as Golden Times? LOL
May 25, 2015 8:28 AM

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
aikaflip said:

It's basically Golden Time as a soap opera with most of the humor stripped away.

Is the main female lead as bad as Golden Times? LOL

Almost. For most of the series, the female characters are either crying for or chasing after the guys. They can do very little on their own.
May 25, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
Kimura said:
It boggles my mind that anyone would actually do this, but there is actually one person I know of who says he enjoys it better at 2x speed.

What do you say?

I say that's it's stupid and I don't see any point in doing that.
May 26, 2015 2:23 AM
May 2009
I watched the south park movie on reduced and increased speed, Its so fucking funny.
May 26, 2015 2:24 AM

Jun 2014
If you watched it at quick speed, its a fake completion.
May 26, 2015 2:25 AM
May 2009
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
#

Watch it at increased on your rewatch.
May 26, 2015 2:30 AM

Jun 2014
shintai88 said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
#

Watch it at increased on your rewatch.

That's different, haha.
May 26, 2015 2:37 AM

Jun 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

nope

Just tried this with Naruto filler, so much better!
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 26, 2015 2:39 AM

Jun 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

nope

For me.. a completion is when you watch all the episodes normally and pay attention. Watching something at quick speed makes no sense. Just skip it if your patience is that small.
May 26, 2015 2:50 AM

Nov 2014
Increasing the speed of watching the anime ruins the directing, execution, acting, animation, atmosphere, OST, and whole lot more.

Sorry, but even if the anime is incredibly shit-tier, I won't do that. I can't judge and enjoy an anime properly when it's not watched properly.

May 26, 2015 2:55 AM

Aug 2010
Never knew ppl actually do this LMAO

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

May 26, 2015 2:55 AM

Jun 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

nope

For me.. a completion is when you watch all the episodes normally and pay attention. Watching something at quick speed makes no sense. Just skip it if your patience is that small.

What do you define as being normal,? Anyone can read the text at a faster pace while still understanding the events in the episode. Its not hard to multitask.
May 26, 2015 2:58 AM
May 2009
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

nope

It brings new enjoyment when you watch at different speeds, the Tone of voices change and is funny.
May 26, 2015 3:05 AM

Feb 2015
May 26, 2015 3:09 AM

Jun 2014
Monstrum said:
i'd rather decrease speed

that is masochistic if you tried it with One Piece
May 26, 2015 3:12 AM
May 2009
Monstrum said:
i'd rather decrease speed

Do both. twice the enjoyment. Deep Voices or Squeaky voices.
May 26, 2015 3:35 AM

Oct 2014
That's retarded.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2015 7:33 PM

Jun 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

What do you define as being normal,? Anyone can read the text at a faster pace while still understanding the events in the episode. Its not hard to multitask.

I doubt anyone who decides to watch anime at a quick pace like that is actually following everything that is happening in the program. Like most people here have said: Its dumb and a waste of time. Do what you want of course, but I'm so happy I'm not wasting my time and by doing this ruining the animation, flow of the episode, etc.

People do such strange things.
Jun 7, 2015 6:46 AM
Feb 2015
I have done this with on-hold anime that I forgot where I was/didn't remember what was going on (at 2X the speed). It's really helpful to re-cap everything.

After a few episodes, my brain got used to the new timing and so I didn't notice much difference. I wouldn't do this with every anime, but it does save a bunch of time.
Jun 7, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2014
Fuck this necro shit
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 7, 2015 6:52 AM

Dec 2012
A lot of people seem to hate this ಠ‿ಠ

OT: Tried but can't
Chipmunk voices and it bothers me that it's not really "completed"
Jun 7, 2015 6:57 AM

Jul 2012
didn't think people even did that.

Sounds pointless, would ruin the experience for me.
Jun 7, 2015 6:59 AM

Jul 2012
i stopped doing this because i got lazy
and i stopped watching bad shows

Roth said:
OT: Tried but can't
Chipmunk voices and it bothers me that it's not really "completed"

VLC makes the pitch sound fairly decent haha
Jun 7, 2015 7:01 AM

Nov 2014
I do it while watching one piece or other really long shounen.
Jun 7, 2015 7:05 AM

Jun 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Fuck this necro shit

Love reminiscing about my previous posts.
Jun 7, 2015 7:06 AM
Nov 2013
I tried this with evangelion, it made no difference, except make shinji a little more tolerable.
Jun 13, 2015 8:14 AM
Jul 2010
Gippy said:
Having been away from regular anime viewing for about 3 years now, I need some way to catch up. From 2010-2012, there are at least 50 series each year that are worth watching. So that means I need to watch at least 150 series.

A lot of series are painfully slow and you can watch them at 2X without missing much. Another was ridiculously slow with its two beta main characters, so I wish I had watched that at 2X instead of 1X.

At 2X speed and skipping OP/EDs and next episode previews, you can go through a regular episode in about 10.5 minutes. If you spend all day (14 hours) watching anime, that means you can go through 80 episodes in a day instead of 40. I can only do this over the weekend. On weekdays I have 5 hours maximum, so at double speed I can plow through 28 episodes/day.

So at 300 episodes/week, it'll still take me nearly 4 months of nonstop watching to catch up on anime. By watching at double speed, I'll have gained 4 months of free time. And I'll take that any day. It takes some time getting used to at first, but eventually your brain adjusts and you cope with it.

One issue is that MPC-HC doesn't play accelerated video with normal pitch sound, so I'm forced to use VLC. But VLC can't force a default subtitle font with ASS subtitles. Gah! No player is perfect for this.

Is there a perfect player now?
Jun 15, 2015 1:17 PM
Feb 2014
*preparing for shitstorm*

I exclusively watch anime in 1.5x speed

40% of anime is reaction shots (obvious exaggeration) or edgy/somber characters staring meaningfully into the distance OR over the top "blurspeed" movement of some shmuck trying to attack some other shmuck

i speed all of it up so i can get to the substance which imo isnt diminished by being slightly faster

for those that say subs are too fast, i'm not sure what to say. read faster, maybe?

finally anime is SOOO fucking time consuming and for some people thats fine, but i can tolerate any drawback of speeding it up so it just makes sense for me to do so
Jun 15, 2015 1:45 PM

Jun 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

I doubt anyone who decides to watch anime at a quick pace like that is actually following everything that is happening in the program. Like most people here have said: Its dumb and a waste of time. Do what you want of course, but I'm so happy I'm not wasting my time and by doing this ruining the animation, flow of the episode, etc.

People do such strange things.

It only works with certain anime where progression is slow and would not be appropriate for fast paced action anime such as Gurren Lagann
Jun 15, 2015 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
Just skip the parts.

2x speed is more stupider if skipping is stupid.
#CHEXIT
Jul 21, 2015 2:44 PM
Jan 2015
nevrendingshonen said:
*preparing for shitstorm*

I exclusively watch anime in 1.5x speed

40% of anime is reaction shots (obvious exaggeration) or edgy/somber characters staring meaningfully into the distance OR over the top "blurspeed" movement of some shmuck trying to attack some other shmuck

i speed all of it up so i can get to the substance which imo isnt diminished by being slightly faster

for those that say subs are too fast, i'm not sure what to say. read faster, maybe?

finally anime is SOOO fucking time consuming and for some people thats fine, but i can tolerate any drawback of speeding it up so it just makes sense for me to do so

I did this beginning in January 2014, having not touched this stuff in 4 years.

One day, my young cousin mentioned watching Naruto, something I hadn't kept up with (Viz Media translations) since 2010, after following it faithfully since early 2006, and recognizing it since they debuted it in Shonen Jump.

I realized I should probably finish the show...it was a weekend and I had ton of time on my hands, but then I researched it and realized..."DAMN! What a ton of episodes!" So, I did something I'm not proud of, and pirated something like 50-100 episodes.

If only so I could speed it up. I used the Windows Media Player, and went up to 8x, skipping front and end of episodes as well.
I later re-discovered HxH, and similarly, I had already read quite a bit of it, so 8x'd and speed-marathoned the hell out of it.
Unless I was restricted to mobile :(

Normally...I don't do this, especially with something like Gurren Lagann, where the pacing is already ridiculous speed...not to mention I saw it in English, and also was a new show.I believe I had it at 2.889x, the fastest Windows Media would allow without breaking into a slideshow. ...And I still don't understand it. I should rewatch it. For FMA this worked. Most dialogue-heavy stuff, obviously when without subtitles, is difficult.
I've since learned about the VLC player, which goes up to 4x without changing anything, but less picture quality. I can live with that.
I mostly use this for shows that I watch out of a sense of obligation. Generally speaking, the more I like it (the kind of show that I want to *OWN*), the less I speed it up.

Almost everything is at least 1.4x though. Even dubs.

Strangely enough, one of the few anime I listen to at close-to-standard speed is One Piece. I've grown fond of the guys at FUNimation, and love to hear my close imaginary friends narrate an old comic book I used to read. That's how I think of it.
With most shows, in general, I usually sample an episode or two at decent speed to get an understanding of the atmosphere, and music.
I've been watching Kenshin at normal speeds, too, for some odd reason. I think it's due to reading the manga alongside...
It's wonderful to see someone share my reasoning and opinions. Just too many anime, so little time.
Jul 21, 2015 5:04 PM

Jun 2013
Only do that with One Piece.
Jul 21, 2015 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
lol wouldln't there voices sound funny? like chipmunk style?
Jul 21, 2015 5:13 PM

Jun 2013
Caticia1 said:
lol wouldln't there voices sound funny? like chipmunk style?

From my experience, no if you use VLC even at 2x speed.
Jul 21, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
Really? cool. maybe i should give it a try to see why someone would like it that way
Nov 25, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2015
How do you speed the videos up to 2x speed anyway?
Nov 25, 2015 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
AzureDaora said:
Increasing the speed of watching the anime ruins the directing, execution, acting, animation, atmosphere, OST, and whole lot more.

Sorry, but even if the anime is incredibly shit-tier, I won't do that. I can't judge and enjoy an anime properly when it's not watched properly.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Nov 25, 2015 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
Komento said:
How do you speed the videos up to 2x speed anyway?
vlc player, press ]
youtube player, from the cog
mpc player, don't ever do it
other player, dont know, probably not possible
nice necro and google skills btw tbh fam
Nov 25, 2015 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
I never do that. Even with Mahouka (I should did that with that series).
Nov 25, 2015 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
I need 100x speed to watch Boku no Pico
Nov 26, 2015 12:56 AM
Mar 2012
I would've enjoyed & rated higher on slower shows like R;B if I knew VLC's 1.5x. Mostly prefer 1x, unless it's stuff I've seen before (includes rewatch, flashbacks/repeats, cliches, embarrassed silent characters doing the stare down contest etc). Otherwise I speed past non-funny skits of a comedy so I can enjoy the funny parts.

These slow down to frame by frame:
Shaft's giant walls of text & strobe captions
ONE PUNCH MAN admire that sakuga
Dec 3, 2015 1:28 PM
Nov 2015
It would bother the crap out of me personally although I might not mind if I had never seen it before. I remember seeing a sped up version of Toradora on youtube though and it was cringeworthy trying to watch it that way. Youtube definitely isn't the best place to watch though...
Dec 3, 2015 4:45 PM
Mar 2015
It works better on long shounens!
Although, I prefer more to play anime at normal speed, makes things more mellow and have a better pace for me to hear.
I once watched eps 6-8 of Gintama at 1.5x and the laughs were shorter.
Dec 3, 2015 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
Really only for Shippuden, because of how crap it is =_=
Mar 27, 2016 8:41 AM

Jul 2013
do it all the time for shows that use a slow pace

gom player keeps the voices pretty close to the original
the soundtrack is a bit trashed but whenever i want to enjoy it i can easily restore it to normal speed

god bless fillers at 3.0x speed :)
Mar 27, 2016 9:33 AM
Oct 2014
I don't watch anime at increased speed either. I usually skip like 1 or 2 min if it's boring as hell though.
Mar 27, 2016 9:36 AM
Mar 2015
I watch one piece especially the newer episodes at 2x speed. I want the action sequences in battle shounen anime to be fast and one piece right now feels really slow and dragged out.
Mar 27, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
I have a general rule of thumb to watch anything from Toei at 1.25 speed otherwise I won't be able to tolerate anything.
Mar 27, 2016 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
Wow I'm shocked how many people seem to watch anime just to add them to your list. If you don't enjoy an anime enough to just watch it normally it's not for you and you should just watch something else.

Where have the times gone when people simply enjoyed their hobby, sat back and watched it while having fun doing so? If you need to cheat to even be able to watch something because otherwise it's unbearable to you, it's safe to say you're not enjoying yourself, but whatever. If you have enough time to spend it on a hobby you don't actually enjoy feel free to do so, I'll just be here shaking my head in disbelief. I thought those were isolated cases but seeing how common it is is depressing.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 21, 2016 2:14 PM
Mar 2016
I once tried watching a few episodes of Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 at 2.5x speed. In the former's case, it worked perfectly. In the latter's case, it was too fast for my brain.
I think I could watch the rest of Hunter x Hunter like that if I wanted to. Then again, I could read the manga instead.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

37 by triggersad »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime sequels that fell off

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

12 by Serafos »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the term “weeb” offensive?

kusairo - Yesterday

47 by VivaceRex »»
31 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 3 )

rohan121 - May 9

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
33 minutes ago

» Why was Magic Knight Rayearth overshadowed by Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of popularity?

funtime43_tr - 5 hours ago

8 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.