Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2013 9:53 PM

May 2012
This episode was kinda slow for my tastes to be honest but at least Armin got some development and hopefully this is the last we see of his inferiority complex.
Jun 8, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 2011
I'm glad Eren questioned his fathers whereabouts. Ever since episode 2, I've wondered where the hell Dr. Jaeger was and thought it was wierd how Eren never thought of him.
Jun 8, 2013 9:57 PM
Nov 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyone panicking ;o Dat OST again. My ears. I still admire Eren's determination in this series and the promises he has made. Some flashbacks here and there.

Oop here comes another cannon shot. I kinda liked Armin's determination this episode as well.

The kid's got some balls.

But ya, that bearded commander really pisses me off, even in this episode. Go Armin~
Ohi Pixus. Much cooler commander tbh.
Well the whole ep was supposed to focus on Armin lol I guess they wanted to make him look more "Manlier".
Jun 8, 2013 9:59 PM

Jun 2012
hydroscarlet said:
Well the whole ep was supposed to focus on Armin lol I guess they wanted to make him look more "Manlier".

T'f you mean "manlier" Armin is a manly-man
Jun 8, 2013 10:14 PM
Oct 2008
Eniie said:
ssjokg said:
Does that mean that they are planing for a cliffhanger ending?I see no profit from a recap if they want an original ending.Why would they waste an ep like that instead of throwing some deaths and hack & slash scenes?

Production issues and for keeping the pace good? they will probably end it on Chapter 30-31.

I'd think that's where they might end too. My only fear is that they'll do a claymore, where once the last 2 eps comes, the anime deviates from the manga and ends completely like crap.
Jun 8, 2013 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
lateraldeath said:
Eniie said:
ssjokg said:
Does that mean that they are planing for a cliffhanger ending?I see no profit from a recap if they want an original ending.Why would they waste an ep like that instead of throwing some deaths and hack & slash scenes?

Production issues and for keeping the pace good? they will probably end it on Chapter 30-31.

I'd think that's where they might end too. My only fear is that they'll do a claymore, where once the last 2 eps comes, the anime deviates from the manga and ends completely like crap.

Don't jinx it, no but if they do that and there is a second season it'll probably be shit. Tetsurou Araki does have a habit of shit endings (Guilty Crown) but who knows.
Jun 8, 2013 10:19 PM

Nov 2010
lateraldeath said:
Eniie said:
ssjokg said:

That's one of the reasons why people say it's good they are doing a recap. There's no point in doing one(since they're kind of a downer in the ratings) if they aren't planning on conserving chapters, there's no point to conserve any chapters if you're planning on making it an anime only ending.
Jun 8, 2013 10:20 PM

Jun 2012
There is always that old geezer that doesn't know what the shit to do when it comes to it.
Jun 8, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
The characters are finally starting to grow on me, especially Eren. It's been taking me a little while to develop an attachment to our main trio.
Jun 8, 2013 10:28 PM
Oct 2008
You put your left Armin,
Your left Armout,
in, out, in, out
all around the Titans mouth.

And I think that nose bleed from Eren is from looking at Mikasa, a switch in his brain finally flipped.
Jun 8, 2013 10:32 PM

Jun 2012
lateraldeath said:
You put your left Armin,
Your left Armout,
in, out, in, out

Ahh, I have a picture for almost everything.
Jun 8, 2013 10:33 PM

Jan 2009
MEanimaniac1 said:
lateraldeath said:
You put your left Armin,
Your left Armout,
in, out, in, out

Ahh, I have a picture for almost everything.

thats PUNNY
Jun 8, 2013 10:35 PM

Apr 2013
I've been waiting for this episode.

Armin dear, you did good. ;_; <3
>.>
Jun 8, 2013 10:40 PM
Oct 2008
Daishiroi said:
why did i shed a tear during armin's speech, it wasnt sad or happy. i cried when eren swore to kill every single titan way back in ep2 too. im confused with my own feelings :L

I shed a tear too, which confused me. Then i noticed I wasn't even paying attention to the subtitles. Which means the music was so damn good that all they had to do was put some gibberish screaming to it to make it dramatic enough for tears.
Jun 8, 2013 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
Today was a bit slow paced, and a bit boring too.....!!!
Jun 8, 2013 11:05 PM

Apr 2013
Worst episode yet. I think they've put a little too much emphasis this part of the story compared to the manga. Well whatever it was still enjoyable, but boring compared to the rest. Now things are about to get fun!

Oh and..

Eniie said:
It is confirmed that episode 14 will be recap. ;__;
FUCK!
Jun 8, 2013 11:06 PM

Jul 2012
I have been so excited for this episode and it certainly didn't disappoint me at all! Yes it was just talking, as many of my friends complained about when I talked to them, but it was still amazing. It was Armin's first time to truly shine and discover just how important he is in the trio. It was great! I love the music and how it was animated and just wow...I am so glad they did his speech that well!
Jun 8, 2013 11:16 PM
May 2013
I'm glad to see Armin shine at last. Every important character is assigned his or her own special role. You can count on it.
A good sotry must have character development part here and there, which makes it more attractive.
If each episode of this show consisted only of battle, it would be boring to death instead.
I'm looking forward to watching following episodes all the more.
Jun 8, 2013 11:21 PM

May 2010
Armin became legendary after this episode

Jun 8, 2013 11:48 PM

Aug 2009
Valaskjalf said:
Does that mean that every single Titan is "piloted" by someone or something ? Because their "weak point" is actually the location where the "pilot" is suppose to be.

Not every Titan.
How would someone fit in back of the neck of the 3m class Titans.
Jun 8, 2013 11:51 PM

May 2010
It was ok! Though now as an armys slave, Eren wont have a choise over many things ...
Armin showed us some guts too XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2013 12:05 AM

Nov 2012

Mikasa looks tired.
Jun 9, 2013 12:13 AM

May 2013
tingy said:
Edefrem said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Did anyone else get a lady-boner from the way Eren's voice sounded in this episode? No, just me?
Good, I thought I was the only one who thought his voice sounded A LOT more rough

I also noticed this too. Kaji did a great job voicing Eren this episode, his voice being more rough because Eren was tired and drained from using the titan form :)

ah yep. Eren is so drained and Kaji always does a great job in voicing him ಥ_ಥ
This episode is for Armin and MORE EREN PLS whenwillIteasemyeyeswhenheturnsintotitan
AND WTH IS DAT EREN SAYS TO MIKASA, "I'm not your brother or your kids"?? LOL.
Mikasa you just got rejected.
sakaJun 9, 2013 9:53 PM
Jun 9, 2013 12:20 AM

Oct 2012
Lol Sasha and her stomach
Bravo for Armin?

Already #8? Isn't this too early? Maybe some people scored this based on manga?

Well maybe next episode will be more interesting than this :)
sakaJun 9, 2013 9:53 PM
"Signature removed"
Jun 9, 2013 12:23 AM
Mar 2013
The episode was a little slower but served as good character build up, especially for Armin. The music that was playing while he was delivering his speech was fucking fantastic!
Jun 9, 2013 12:41 AM
Jan 2013
The episodes are great as always. The only thing that annoys me is the paceing but I liked the speech Armin gave at the end of the episode, really powerful.
Jun 9, 2013 12:57 AM
May 2013
Eren said to Mikasa, "Ore wa omae no otouto demo kodomo demo neezo!," which literally means, "I'm not your younger brother, nor your child!"

I guess Eren wanted to say, "Don't treat me as a kid, who you are supposed to always look after."
Jun 9, 2013 1:10 AM

Jan 2012
This reminded me of Dragon Ball Z, where the events of 2 minutes time were showed during the whole 20 minute show. Just shows how overrated this show is, it isn't bad though.
Jun 9, 2013 1:20 AM
Feb 2012
That was the part in the manga that made me change my opinion of Armin completely. And the anime did justice to that very scene. In terms of overall plot this week's episode was a little slow, true, but it served as a stepping stone for next week's glory.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 9, 2013 1:21 AM

Jul 2010
Armin deserves a salute! And that captain needs some sleep; look at his eyebags.

I like this ep regardless of the self-reflection scenes. While I recognize how necessary they are, I think SnK's reflection scenes drag on for too long that it eats a lot of the episode, which kinda makes it boring for me. Maybe it's too cheesy for a grim anime, or maybe there's too much internal dialogue, I dunno... there's just something that makes me feel unsatisfied.

And yeah, that captain needs some sleep, just saying.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 9, 2013 1:21 AM

Jun 2013
episode was good, can't wait to see Eren blocking that hole
Jun 9, 2013 1:23 AM

Apr 2013
TimeTravel_0 said:
This reminded me of Dragon Ball Z, where the events of 2 minutes time were showed during the whole 20 minute show. Just shows how overrated this show is, it isn't bad though.
WOW LOL I was going to log in just to post the exact same thing almost word for word ahahah! The only difference is that I love this show, but this episode was weak..

- We have 15 seconds
- We have 20 seconds
20 minutes later okay GO!
Jun 9, 2013 1:45 AM

Nov 2011
I've read the manga, so I know that the next arcs are still epic. Actually I think the next arcs are even better. Though I agree that this and the previous episode are boring.
ernstJun 9, 2013 1:49 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 9, 2013 1:59 AM

Feb 2011
Once again another amazing episode. OST was just magnificent , there's not a single song in this anime that I don't like.

Now , will he be able to close the gap or not ? Can't wait for the next episodes as always.
Jun 9, 2013 2:06 AM

May 2008
I wiped with emotion after Armin's speech. Desperate, yet beautiful and powerful.
Jun 9, 2013 2:07 AM

Nov 2011
WTF is this bullshit? Nobody wants to see people talking about crap? Who cares about this shit, man! no one gives a rat's ass on character development or plot progression and all that crap. Where the fuck is my action and gore! I waited a week for this shit! I wanna see people get killed and eaten, I thought this show was mature not talking, feelings shonen bullshit! no one cares about feelings you dumbass! I want blood and guts and fighting like a mature show! Worst show ever, Another week of this homosexual Armin crap and I will drop it!

1/10
The Art of Eight
Jun 9, 2013 2:11 AM
Sep 2009
20 mins of emo Armin. No thx.
Jun 9, 2013 2:50 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah, this episode was boring as fuck, Mikasa and them were there for 3 quarters of the episode discussing how to escape and other random and pointless crap that we already knew. And to make it worse, Erin's Titan form could've done SOMETHING, but no, Erin's Titan didn't do anything and all their planning turned out to be pointless. Erin's Titan practically just instantly died out out of nowhere a few moments after being shown for the first time this episode and Pixi's ended up saving them in the end. And I'll also add dan's pointers to my opinion as well coz it's true too.
Jun 9, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:
WTF is this bullshit? Nobody wants to see people talking about crap? Who cares about this shit, man! no one gives a rat's ass on character development or plot progression and all that crap. Where the fuck is my action and gore! I waited a week for this shit! I wanna see people get killed and eaten, I thought this show was mature not talking, feelings shonen bullshit! no one cares about feelings you dumbass! I want blood and guts and fighting like a mature show! Worst show ever, Another week of this homosexual Armin crap and I will drop it!

1/10

Yeah because the characters are so well written and developed in this anime, ofc that's what people are tuning in for each week. I need to see more of eternal rage guy or damsel in distress turned mary sue or maybe just socially awkward guy being bullied but ofc he must manage to pull through with the power of friendship. Man this development is far too deep for me.
Jun 9, 2013 3:23 AM

Jan 2013
Elitist evangelists are always the best.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 9, 2013 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
Armin did a good job there. And Kitts Verman is a freaking coward. Finally Commander Pixis is here. I expected some more action in this episode. Guess I'll have to wait another week again :(
Jun 9, 2013 3:32 AM

Nov 2011
reghrhre said:
Yeah, this episode was boring as fuck, Mikasa and them were there for 3 quarters of the episode discussing how to escape and other random and pointless crap that we already knew. And to make it worse, Erin's Titan form could've done SOMETHING, but no, Erin's Titan didn't do anything and all their planning turned out to be pointless. Erin's Titan practically just instantly died out out of nowhere a few moments after being shown for the first time this episode and Pixi's ended up saving them in the end. And I'll also add dan's pointers to my opinion as well coz it's true too.

I'll play the butthurt fanboy role for this one, even if this guy is just being sarcastic.
( I LIKE TO RP!)

So essentially you have a fucking attention span of a rodent, since Eren didn't turn into a titan and pretty much go suicidal to get out, only to become an enemy of humans and titans. You also somehow forgot the second plan, which is the one they went with, where the first plan was a 'last resort'. Finally, you fail to see the whole fucking point of Armin's speech to save their asses by hopefully getting through to the army, to spare all of their lives. Which then, thanks to Pixi, who was the only level-headed guy there, saved them. May, I add the whole fucking point to what Armin's plan was to do.

Finally, you didn't even comprehend Dan's post, as he was sarcastically talking about how some people are going "hurr durr no action, bad episode"(Hint hint, YOU) when we had some juicy plot progression and character development on Armin's part.

-Butthurt mode off.-

And that's why you should have sex with me.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 9, 2013 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
TimeTravel_0 said:

This. Eren says "guize we should escape" while they are hiding in cloud of smoke post-cannon fire, but then he goes on a huge monologue about why they should escape, (we fucking know) analyzing the situation, arguing with his pseudo sister, complaining about daddy, making threats, raging, speculating about the enemy's actions, punching his own titan corpse, philosophizing about his situation, praising the fuck out of that blonde trap weirdo, and planning out what he will do after and where he will go. Oh, and we got some inner-Armin whining too. Fucking terrific. Like "bitch, the smoke's gonna clear; you can't do this shit later?" AND THEN THEY DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING TRY TO ESCAPE? What the fuck was the point of that? That ate up more than half the episode?

Plot's moving too slow imo. Plus the voice acting and animation was underwhelming, as usual. There was even a section where Eren was talking, but his lips weren't moving. Tha fuck?
sakaJun 9, 2013 10:04 PM
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 9, 2013 3:57 AM
Nov 2011
I'm starting to think that Armin-haters are having difficulty dealing with obvious proof that he really is one of the main starring characters. Episode 10 is to Armin what episode 6 is to Mikasa.

Eren's the MC with rage-based super power. Mikasa's the MC with "must protect family" skill-based super power. Armin's the MC with intellect-based super power.

Well, at least this should put a wrench in "Eren is a Gary Stu" and even in the Mikasa is a Mary Stu" complaints I've come across since they need Armin as much as he needs them.

When a show so obviously loves to spread out the character development screentime, it gets more and more stupid to accuse anyone of being a Stu. Btw, Jean's getting a character development episode as well. Probably the 15th episode.
Jun 9, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2011
LOL. That was the longest 20 seconds of my life.
pew pew pew
Jun 9, 2013 4:06 AM

Sep 2011
Umm eren cameout from the neck of the titan , is that's why their weakpoint is their neck? means that they have to hit the person himself inside the titan inorder to kill it.
Jun 9, 2013 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:

The guy wanted to be eaten by a sexy girl titan :P

PIXIS WANT DEATH BY SNOO SNOO
Jun 9, 2013 4:11 AM
Nov 2011
Just 3 more weeks and finally we'll get a complete arc, one complete first cour.

Btw, more talking in next episode, which should further shock the "SnK is brainless action show" crowd. I happen to think that Pixis' speech is the most dramatic.

Also, I heard that Commie finally gave up on Eoten. Will the fandom forgive them? ... Probably not. They took too long.
Jun 9, 2013 4:13 AM

Dec 2012
pming said:

Btw, more talking in next episode, which should further shock the "SnK is brainless action show" crowd.

"JUST LIEK U CANT EXPWAIN HOW U ARMS MOVE"- Eren Jaegar, mad person extraordinaire

Yeah, I'd prefer the braindead action. Especially when the voice acting is sub-par.
Jun 9, 2013 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
pming said:
Just 3 more weeks and finally we'll get a complete arc, one complete first cour.

Btw, more talking in next episode, which should further shock the "SnK is brainless action show" crowd. I happen to think that Pixis' speech is the most dramatic.

Also, I heard that Commie finally gave up on Eoten. Will the fandom forgive them? ... Probably not. They took too long.

Did they gave up using random German in GuP?
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.