Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 31, 2013 5:25 PM

Oct 2012
Well you're awesome girl with Sawashiro Miyuki's voice, but don't you DARE TOUCH NITTA!
May 31, 2013 8:30 PM
Jan 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HyM-VdzLsyQ

Looks like it could go either way, but her hand reaching out to Hibiki's gives me hope.
May 31, 2013 8:37 PM

Feb 2010
trannon1 said:
Barion-Zara said:
Alcor is a fun guy to talk with XD Really liked him here.

Airi belly Button! Kawaiii >_< <3 XD

Yamato is still BA! Love his cold attitude :)

Time for drama since Io shall be sacrificed :P

Alcor and Airi were well-done but the Yamato of the anime feels weak to me. Him with his gruff attitude is annoying because the in-game Yamato had this bad-ass confident smirk that dared you to go against him that guaranteed a painful result for you if you try. I 100% prefer that Yamato over the anime-Yamato.

Also, do you have a grudge against Io? Her parents are dead for god's sake, layoff her a little. She might not die depending on whether Hibiki acts like a nice guy or a jackass.

Well everyone except maybe alcor (didn't play his route so i don't know) is way better in the game.
May 31, 2013 8:45 PM

Aug 2009

Teehee :)
May 31, 2013 9:19 PM

Jun 2012
Haha, that was interesting, the scene with Alcor and Hibiki.

Well that septentrion was kind of boring, only the shell should be of worry, in which case a part (or all?) of the city was destroyed along with civilians (which they did not give much care for).

May 31, 2013 10:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Let's see if Nitta will pop like in the game...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 31, 2013 10:36 PM
Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
Let's see if Nitta will pop like in the game...

Oh god no!

...that's gonna be one heck of a death clip.

Hopefully that's Hibiki's hand reaching out to save her.
May 31, 2013 10:46 PM
Mar 2009
Lol, Kama was only summoned so Shiva would get pissed at him and fire his spear? And the dude was brought out with a teenage girl only flashing her belly button, haha, the lolicon.

And Yamato dropped the bomb to the remaining, relevant summoners. Seems like Hibiki will inevitably clash with him with the way the story is headed.

I'm guessing Io's sacrifice has something to do with the giant rock thing last episode?

Wow, they're rushing hard; opting to cut out the OP and ED.
Jun 1, 2013 12:07 AM

Feb 2012
I've been honestly quite bored with the past episodes. DS started off good, then suddenly it just became cliche, but now it's back!! Well, in my opinion, that is.

When that talk with Alcor started, I just can't immediately stop laughing. Then there was that Alcor/Hibiki moment which made me internally scream, and then the part where Daichi and Nitta entered.... the float part.... Alcor is certainly such an interesting character.

The fight was fast, but I honestly think it was better than the last ones? I mean, I've really been quite "meh" about the hey-im-raising-my-phone thing. It's fun to see whats-her-name-again dance and Airi showing her belly button was just funny.

(( And tbh I don't know whatever myth was that until I saw the posts here.... but okay honestly, what was that myth about- ))

The moment Yamato trapped Hibiki in the wall, I immediately sensed some fanservice. BUT WHEN YAMATO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SUBMISSION AND THAT PART WHERE HE LEANED IN I JUST CANTTTTTTTTTTTTTT-

And I don't really care more or less about Nitta. I don't think she's useless or anything, but well, what happens happen. I am still disappointed about Keita and the rest... will they get revived ;w;

And that one one hell of a dinner.

From the 9 I gave this when it started, to the 7 for the past episodes, I'm going to change it back to 8. Depending on the final episodes, I might give back the 9 or even make it 10 ~
BearJun 1, 2013 12:36 AM

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jun 1, 2013 12:45 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
So what 's happened with coffee and bromance?! I can't help but recall the scene between Haruto and L-elf over at Valvrave. LOL.
In fact manhy Japanese fans talk about how coincidental we have two shows showing bromance talk about adding suger to coffer LOL LOL I can hardly imagine the likelihood of such thing happening in the same week LOL LOL

ZodiacBeast said:
Looks like it could go either way, but her hand reaching out to Hibiki's gives me hope.
Hmmm... but the title of the next episode is "Friday of Farewell". To be honest I am not optimistic...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 1, 2013 12:55 AM
Jan 2008
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
So what 's happened with coffee and bromance?! I can't help but recall the scene between Haruto and L-elf over at Valvrave. LOL.
In fact manhy Japanese fans talk about how coincidental we have two shows showing bromance talk about adding suger to coffer LOL LOL I can hardly imagine the likelihood of such thing happening in the same week LOL LOL

ZodiacBeast said:
Hmmm... but the title of the next episode is "Friday of Farewell". To be honest I am not optimistic...

In the game the title refers to everybody splitting up because of their ideals on how to proceed with what little time they have left. I'm still hopeful that something similar happens like Hibiki decides to take Io and Daichi with him because all JPs have done is treat them like crap.
Jun 1, 2013 6:18 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
So boring, The game itself is so much better and much more entertaining. Its a game that doesn't translate well into an anime, especially one that is only 13 episodes. A Digital Devil Saga anime would be so much better than this.
Jun 1, 2013 6:28 AM

Nov 2009
Informative episode!!!

We learn slightly more about Alcor and his existesne along with JP's plan led by Yamato. I see that he is thinking in an odd way but somehow makes sense in an ideal way. Hibiki realises that such a thing may be too rigid and vows to stop him if he goes in the wrong path. I have to say that everyone is pretty tensed up but its not surprising as the day is coming closer. Alcor made me laugh in this episode as he was being very friendly with Yamato and that coffee and floating scene was pretty comical. Nitta is told by Makoto that she will die and be used as a sacrifice for the upcoming mission. I kind of saw that the Alioth may have that characteristic as the size really does pose a serious problem if it just fell like that and I guess Nagoya has been completely destroyed. Everyone is also told about the plan and the secret by Yamato and they will individually think hard about their decision.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 1, 2013 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

One more point in voting because the battle made ​​by Hinako and Airi was not bad, especially for the performance of Hinako! XD Half-naked as if it is going to fight the enemy! XD Funny also the speeches of Alcor made ​​with the protagonists. We are almost at the end, Nitta has to die, if true, would be quite a coup!
Jun 1, 2013 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
Alcor is such a nice guy X) is he floating, why not.
Liked the part with Airi been shy she just so cute. Wonder about the next episode will they really sacrifice Nitta and will Hibiki keep is promise toward Yamato hum...
Jun 1, 2013 8:57 AM

Jul 2009
Airi looks more like a female protagonist than Io. I couldn't care less if she really dies, didn't like her at all.
Jun 1, 2013 12:21 PM
Jul 2011
-_\) why haters and advertisers always posting in early pages here.

Anyway, nice chapter (try to replay it from episode 1 if you have recorded it)
Jun 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Feb 2010
KingYoshi said:
So boring, The game itself is so much better and much more entertaining. Its a game that doesn't translate well into an anime, especially one that is only 13 episodes. A Digital Devil Saga anime would be so much better than this.

Dunno, considering they screwed this and p4, im not sure if i want them to ruin the glorious DDS.
Jun 1, 2013 1:25 PM
Apr 2013
Maybe it just didn't appear in the route that I took in the game, but I enjoyed Alcor's more frequent appearance in the anime, and his personality too.
i definitely think the Airi-Hinako scene had way more impact in the game compared to the anime though. With DS's story dependent on your choices, it seems hard to incorporate and choose the best route choice for the anime, and the people who have played the game may dislike it because of this. I think overall, it's ok, but I don't think the pacing is right and I wish some of the scenes went into more detail. 13 episodes just isn't enough I guess.
Jun 1, 2013 1:33 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was so rushed. Septentrion 5 deserved at least 2 episodes to explain everything and do all the battles involved. Not to mention they never once mentioned the fact that Alioth deploys toxins as one of his main attacks and they had to create a device to neutralize it.

I feel like they wasted way too much time on day one and it's showing by rushing the remaining days, not to mention the mass killing spree and lack of character development in the previous episodes.
Jun 1, 2013 4:54 PM

May 2011
Lol at Alcor, good to see him just conversing like that. Airi being embarrassed about her bellybutton was so cute as well. And tbh I am liking Yamato.

Oh hell no they are pushing forward with Nitta's sacrifice. Wonder if there's any way she'll be able to survive this.
Jun 1, 2013 8:55 PM
Apr 2011
Rinkaisha said:
I've been honestly quite bored with the past episodes. DS started off good, then suddenly it just became cliche, but now it's back!! Well, in my opinion, that is.

When that talk with Alcor started, I just can't immediately stop laughing. Then there was that Alcor/Hibiki moment which made me internally scream, and then the part where Daichi and Nitta entered.... the float part.... Alcor is certainly such an interesting character.

The fight was fast, but I honestly think it was better than the last ones? I mean, I've really been quite "meh" about the hey-im-raising-my-phone thing. It's fun to see whats-her-name-again dance and Airi showing her belly button was just funny.

(( And tbh I don't know whatever myth was that until I saw the posts here.... but okay honestly, what was that myth about- ))

The moment Yamato trapped Hibiki in the wall, I immediately sensed some fanservice. BUT WHEN YAMATO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SUBMISSION AND THAT PART WHERE HE LEANED IN I JUST CANTTTTTTTTTTTTTT-

And I don't really care more or less about Nitta. I don't think she's useless or anything, but well, what happens happen. I am still disappointed about Keita and the rest... will they get revived ;w;

From the 9 I gave this when it started, to the 7 for the past episodes, I'm going to change it back to 8. Depending on the final episodes, I might give back the 9 or even make it 10 ~

If you thought the scenes with Hinako and Airi were funny, you should have played the scene in the game. It's at least 5 times funnier. 2 times because Airi had to do multiple poses with no reaction. 3 times because Fumi was going to step in and the boy's reactions were hilarious. 4 times because you get to see Airi beat the crap out of Kama. 5 times because the scene when Shiva shot Kama out of the sky was suppose to be the grand finale to the comedy of the scene which you would understand if you played the game.
Jun 1, 2013 11:25 PM

Sep 2011
So what the fuck at the end? And I may agree on some people here that this series lacks character development for some or most of the characters.

And goddammit I was expecting Airi will strip... GIMME AIRI FANSERVICE!

Jun 2, 2013 9:12 PM

May 2012
I found this episode confusing and also boring. Time to head to Wikipedia to read the episode summaries.
Jun 2, 2013 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
If i haven't dropped this yet, it's thanks to Alcor.
Jun 2, 2013 11:58 PM

Apr 2013
Yamato is BA again and Alcor is really interesting to watch.
Jun 3, 2013 7:09 AM

Mar 2010
slight fanservice but enjoyable episode. 5/5 I really like it...however.........
I CURSED A LOT FUCKED A LOT WHEN MAKOTO SAYS "THAT".

I have come to love nitta in this series too but if its come to *that* I would be so unbelievably and extremely sad :'((((((((((

lets survive? PLEASE SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2013 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
trannon1 said:
Rinkaisha said:

If you thought the scenes with Hinako and Airi were funny, you should have played the scene in the game. It's at least 5 times funnier. 2 times because Airi had to do multiple poses with no reaction. 3 times because Fumi was going to step in and the boy's reactions were hilarious. 4 times because you get to see Airi beat the crap out of Kama. 5 times because the scene when Shiva shot Kama out of the sky was suppose to be the grand finale to the comedy of the scene which you would understand if you played the game.

Lol and agree with Rin
and thanks Trannon , you've made me want to play the game so bad!! X)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
Damn, this anime is getting worse each episode. Hope that at least it gets better in the ending, although it doesn't seem like it'll be that way

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jun 3, 2013 8:55 PM

Feb 2012
Well, that was rather...uhmmm... absurd in a way...
Jun 4, 2013 12:42 PM

Aug 2010
People on here reminds of the people on youtube, they dont like a video or song, yet they go on every channel that has the song on it, to just insult it. This is epsiode 9 discussion so your telling me, you sat and watch episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 knowing u dont like the series, got all these negatives comments for it, yet you still watching it -_- if u know u dont like the anime, dont watch it. its that simply.
Jun 4, 2013 2:13 PM

Mar 2010
piplub said:
People on here reminds of the people on youtube, they dont like a video or song, yet they go on every channel that has the song on it, to just insult it. This is epsiode 9 discussion so your telling me, you sat and watch episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 knowing u dont like the series, got all these negatives comments for it, yet you still watching it -_- if u know u dont like the anime, dont watch it. its that simply.

(Y)
Jun 5, 2013 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
piplub said:

Yes, you got a problem with that? The whole "if you don't like it, don't watch it" it's bullshit, is something people just say when they don't want to deal with criticism.

People have different reasons of why they watch something, personally im curious of how they will adapt one of my favorites games, and they are doing a pretty bad job.
Jun 5, 2013 8:40 PM

Nov 2012
its so funny when seeing hibiki and alchor getting along together.. I dont know if alchor is good or not.. confuse..

btw its funny when alchor trying to walk with feet.. lol :D

in the end so nitta really gonna be sacrificed? its gonna be bad.. I think hibiki and his friends not gonna let it..
Jun 6, 2013 4:25 AM
May 2012
I haven't read all the pages but isn't the fact that Alcor doesn't know coffee and how to walk a plot hole? Wasn't he living with Yamato before?
Jun 6, 2013 5:04 AM

Feb 2010
Hmmmm, I need to get the game. Lol, stupid mind when Yamato & Hibiki were in the lift.
Jun 6, 2013 5:49 AM
Jan 2013
cloud8100 said:
Hmmmm, I need to get the game. Lol, stupid mind when Yamato & Hibiki were in the lift.

when you get the game.....

you'll get a dialogue which will imply the same "stupid mind" you said. That's if, it's the same as what i think lol
Jun 7, 2013 10:49 PM

Mar 2013
ELEVATOR SCENE.
Hnnnnng//// Yamato you're definitely a Yandere omg
I SHIIIIPPPP THEM NOOOWWWW <33
Ah anyway ~ aside for my fujofeels, this episode is kinda dull. idk ~ it lacks smth but aw yeh... its still awesome . ^^
Jun 15, 2013 3:31 PM

Feb 2010
dex_dash said:
cloud8100 said:

when you get the game.....

you'll get a dialogue which will imply the same "stupid mind" you said. That's if, it's the same as what i think lol

Well, I definitely have to get it now lol.
Jun 26, 2013 7:20 AM

Apr 2013
The episode was a bit rushed. Io is going to be sacrificed ?
Jun 27, 2013 10:35 AM

Dec 2009
The show wouldn't miss anything even if Nitta died.
Jun 29, 2013 7:15 AM

May 2013
houck said:

^This. I support Hibiki X Yamato!!

But... Hibiki and Alcor interaction!

The fifth (sixth in appearance) Septentrion: Alioth, the giant falling space rock mountain.

But with the power of Hinako's dancing and Airi's belly button, Alioth was defeated by Shiva and Kama.

Io finally knows she's being sacrificed.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 29, 2013 12:05 PM

Sep 2009
I hope Io won't die >< I hate it !!! now, episode 10!!!
Jul 4, 2013 1:24 PM

May 2013
i just kind a force my self to watch this. now my head ache i think ill watch ep 10 after class
Jul 23, 2013 9:36 PM

Jan 2008
WTF this episode was boring in the fighting though all the other ones have to take like all the team work n they just dont die that easily but this one was like 1 shot n it was dead that was no fun it took the entertainment out of the episode other then that liked the ep Airi n the belly button scene was so cute n i really hope that Io Nitta doesnt die n the Alcor talk with Hibiki was a good one u see a whole new side to Hibiki n Alcor.
Aug 3, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2013
I really liked this episode xD Alcor is definitely my new favorite character of this series.

And is it just me, or was there quite a bit of fanservice this episode ;)?

And Nitta-chan better not die, I've never played the game (but I want to), but I hope, like some people said, that Nitta will live
Aug 3, 2013 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
Fireego said:
houck said:

^This. I support Hibiki X Yamato!!

But... Hibiki and Alcor interaction!

Ship, ship, ship xD
Aug 4, 2013 2:55 PM

May 2012
What did you think would happen if you just destroyed the core of such a huge thing... rather a huge facepalm moment imo... still a pretty nice episode, lets see what's next!
Jul 3, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2012
Now I remember why I dropped this series, what the hell, I'll finish it quick and get it outta the way.
Jul 9, 2014 8:46 AM
Jul 2014
Last two episodes have been very good- I'm slowly becoming impressed, although, still not quite up to par with the game. I really hope nothing bad comes of Io :( On to the next episode!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

129 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.