Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 25, 2013 6:20 PM

Aug 2010
Mikasa and Annie are so fukken awesome words can't describe.
May 25, 2013 6:22 PM

Feb 2012
So he's alive ._. Okay...

Great episode. Can't get enough of the OST. And the new char appears next week...
May 25, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2012
That shit got real!!! One of the few adaptations i actually like better than the manga
May 25, 2013 6:24 PM

Jun 2012
Honestly, I didn't like how Potato girl survived. It seems like she was only protected by "comic relief armor". I wish she'd had her head chomped off.

But overall, I did like this episode. It was a nice victory for once. Pretty much everything went right for them.

Also, after seeing Eren inside the Titan, I've been wondering. He was in the Titan's NAPE. This leads me to believe maybe *all* the titans are basically big robots with a little person inside the nape.

I'm liking the preview for the next episode, too. Seems like Eren's going to have to go on the run. I wonder if he can show them his awesome Titan powers again some time soon.
Shoot first, think never.
May 25, 2013 6:27 PM

Dec 2009
Crazy Episode! Have to wait another week now...
May 25, 2013 6:28 PM

Mar 2011
I really could give less of a fuck for this show's animation quality as the whole mystery encompassing the Titans is too interesting for me to notice. Even though there are a lot of stills, I can tolerate the art quality of this show. The thick-lined art style is enough to satisfy me, plus the animation sequences during the Titan battles and leaps through the city seem great to me. However, I can understand that readers of the SnK manga are here mostly for the visuals of this anime, so all I can say is that's too bad. Guess manga fans will have to wait for more animators, or wait until major fight scenes later in the series.
May 25, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
Syntelle said:
I really could give less of a fuck for this show's animation quality as the whole mystery encompassing the Titans is too interesting for me to notice. Even though there are a lot of stills, I can tolerate the art quality of this show. The thick-lined art style is enough to satisfy me, plus the animation sequences during the Titan battles and leaps through the city seem great to me. However, I can understand that readers of the SnK manga are here mostly for the visuals of this anime, so all I can say is that's too bad. Guess manga fans will have to wait for more animators, or wait until major fight scenes later in the series.

The only still I noticed was the one where they were walking down the stairs. That felt very odd to me.
Shoot first, think never.
May 25, 2013 6:35 PM

May 2010
really damn hard to give this episode anything but a 5/5 rating.
cant wait for ep 9..great show.
May 25, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
Agree that the stills aren't really that big of a deal since they animate the action scenes really well to make up for it.

This episode was fucking awesome though. I haven't read the manga, but I saw the "plot twist" everyone seemed to be talking about from a mile away. My first thought when Mikasa got cornered by the Titans last episode was "Eren's gonna come in and save her watch!"...then the Titan showed up. So I thought "what if this titan was actually Eren". And fucking YES!!!! Hopefully they explain wtf happened, but for now, I'm just happy that Eren's back. I think I'm in the minority that actually likes him haha.

Can't wait for this next episode. Looks like the city has a bunch of haters haha.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
May 25, 2013 6:42 PM

Nov 2012
Finally, Armin has proved his worth as a wonderful adviser and formulator of plans. Jean, in my opinion, isn't that great of a leader, but he does have a nice set of instincts. Seems like Reiner keeps trying to get on Annie's good side. Props to Mikasa and Annie for saving Sasha and Connie there during yet another awesome plan of Armin's =) And poor Sasha, but at least we know now that she's just as scared as everyone. I think that makes her more of a real person than just 'comic-relief'.

Also, the scene where Mikasa realized it's Eren and cries- that was done beautifully and very realistically. I truly love the art and how the characters are depicted do honestly.

And Eren....well that befuddled me. How did he grow his limbs back inside a Titan? Did he take over the body of the Titan that he was eaten by? How did he change the appearance of it? Looks like we'll find out next episode (and it'll also be confirmed he's a psychopath judging but that smile in the preview) plus we'll be seeing that Levi guy everyone says is so awesome.
SpiraiMay 25, 2013 7:15 PM
May 25, 2013 6:43 PM

Jul 2009
well...
yeah
lol
i wonder how they're suppose to explain this.
May 25, 2013 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
THAT SLOW MO PUNCH THOUGH

that was the best part of the entire episode.

finally glad eren appears again though.
May 25, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2012
This said:
THAT SLOW MO PUNCH THOUGH

that was the best part of the entire episode.

finally glad eren appears again though.

My favorite part was in the preview xD
May 25, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2012
Another glorious episode
Damn that was one of hell fantastic falcon punch!!
And that scene where Eren coming out of the titan neck nape was the most convoluted part of the plot so far, and that scene where Mikasa checking Eren heartbeat was just too much for me T_T
furthermore Reiner saying that ramming your blade up their asshole’s is also an option was really hilarious XD,and Annie was just too fabulous this episode and too much credit for Mikasa for slaying that ridiculous Moe titan he was really devastating the frightening picture of the titans for me.
Anyhow from that preview it seems things are gonna get even more twisted and finally Levi is appearing !!
May 25, 2013 6:49 PM

Apr 2013
Maybe they'll redraw the stills for the BD. If it's not caused by lack of budget then it might be because of time constraints. Anyhow choosing to concentrate on making the key parts glorious is better than compromising to animate all parts imo.
May 25, 2013 6:51 PM

Nov 2012
only_laxmaluser said:
Amarrez said:

I can hear his heart beating

Too moe, I'm going to die.

Oh, and the most important part of this episode was in the preview.

Mod Edit: Only 1 screenshot per post is allowed in episode discussions. Also please discuss the episode and do not only post images.

Favorite part of the episode and it was not even in the manga. Great adaption (enjoy anime more than manga). 5/5, 1st post.

5/5
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
May 25, 2013 6:53 PM
Aug 2012
only_laxmaluser said:
Amarrez said:

Too moe, I'm going to die.

Oh, and the most important part of this episode was in the preview.

Mod Edit: Only 1 screenshot per post is allowed in episode discussions. Also please discuss the episode and do not only post images.

Favorite part of the episode and it was not even in the manga. Great adaption (enjoy anime more than manga). 5/5, 1st post.
Except that it was in the manga.
May 25, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
I wonder what woulda happened if he regenerated in his titan body..this episode was crazzzzy.

I wanna see Erens reaction to all this and if he even realized what he did.
May 25, 2013 6:55 PM
May 25, 2013 6:58 PM
Feb 2013
Damn another great episode! Finally Eren's back and the wait is (kind of) over!

I don't know why some people are complaining about the stills. The longest one was the assault team walking down the stairs, i mean really you'd want an animation of them going down the stairs? really? I'd rather they'd spend all the animator's time on the action bit of the anime like Mikasa or Annie on the 3d manoeuvre gear hunting down titans with detailed animation. Rather than them focused on making animation of people going down the stairs which always makes the stairs seem endlessly long weird.

In other news...
My body is ready for Levi, *come at me bro!*
May 25, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2012
nnangle said:
ConquestOtaku17 said:
OHMYGODTHEREARESOMANYSTILLSINTHISEPISODEIHATESTILLSAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

That face just screams psychopath in the context on the anime, but as an everyday face, it's a great response to screaming fans =P
May 25, 2013 7:03 PM
Aug 2012
Spirai said:
nnangle said:
ConquestOtaku17 said:

That face just screams psychopath in the context on the anime, but as an everyday face, it's a great response to screaming fans =P
How the fuck.. i posted that hours ago.. did you go through all pages to find that?
May 25, 2013 7:03 PM

Nov 2012
Radius said:
I loved how Jean cut that Titan's finger to get out of its grip. That was awesome.

I really thought he was going to go self-sacrificial-lamb on himself and chop off his leg but I'm glad he's not like that. He's more of a better-keep-myself-alive-first guy and it's not as selfish as it seemed a few episode prior.
May 25, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Come cry on my shoulder, Mikasachan. <3
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 25, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2007
Wow! Show is more epic every episode.
May 25, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah, badass Eren. Should have known that he wouldn't be killed off so early in the anime!
May 25, 2013 7:15 PM
Oct 2010
Amarrez said:
skudoops said:
Honestly, I am sort of growing tired of this series. As a manga reader it's not because I know what's coming, more so it's because the translation from manga to TV is so exact it comes off as way more drawn out in the anime, so at points it feels very stretched.

If the adaptation isn't faithful it's either rushed or just anime original shit.

If the adaptation is faithful it's drawn out and slow.

You can't win, can you?

Yes you can win, it's called adapting for TV. It's like adapting a book word for word, that's not always a good way to go about doing it.
May 25, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2012
nnangle said:
Spirai said:
nnangle said:
ConquestOtaku17 said:

How the fuck.. i posted that hours ago.. did you go through all pages to find that?

It was in the first few pages..? Besides, I read every page anyways.
May 25, 2013 7:20 PM

Apr 2013
Amarrez said:

Oh my god, so moe.
May 25, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
Still watching, but there are far too many still-lifes in this episode
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 25, 2013 7:22 PM

Oct 2012
it's eren
for next ep is that levi???

May 25, 2013 7:28 PM
Jun 2010
Mikasa crying made me want to cry... ;_; thought it may have been better if they ended it with Mikasa doing an epic cry for the return of Eren.

Episode was awesome. I didn't really even notice the stills until it was mentioned.

Reiner and his talk of shoving the swords up the titans asshole was funny.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
May 25, 2013 7:30 PM

Nov 2012
looks like we're finally going to meet this Levi dude and find out why everyone loves him so much
Eren i'm so happy to see you again!

and that scene when they attacked the titans in the elevator was so intense, i could actually feel the tension!

also, Armin is such a smart guy! you go, Armin!!
May 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Apr 2010
Still no 1/5 votes, someone needs to change that.
May 25, 2013 7:32 PM

May 2013
I don't know but from that scene of Mikasa seeing Eren on, it just got to me.
Them feels~!

Was contemplating to hand in my man card for nearly crying over an anime but prolly isn't worth it.

But still, DEM FEELS~~!
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
May 25, 2013 7:32 PM
Feb 2013
This series just keeps getting better! I like how Armin came up with that plan to kill those seven titans and Potato girl almost died, that would have sucked lol

I had a feeling that titan was Eren. Can't wait to find out how he became one.
May 25, 2013 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
Still shots still shots everywhere!

besides that Eren is back from the dead! not in the way i was expecting it so i guess i didn't really spoil myself but i can't even try to understand what happened it look like he..mounted that titan like a mech.

easily the best part was him kicking all those baby titans lol
May 25, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
pming said:
Bake sold a lot and it had a huge amount of stills.

That's cause they made creative use of it. Here, there's nothing creative about these stills, just shows a lack of time/animators

Amarrez said:
On another note, maybe people will stop bitching about Armin now? Because that was getting annoying.

No, I am just thinking Armin could have been a girl
sakaMay 25, 2013 9:24 PM
May 25, 2013 7:38 PM

Nov 2012
GodlyKyon said:
pming said:

That's cause they made creative use of it. Here, there's nothing creative about these stills, just shows a lack of time/animators

Actually, I rather like the stills. They pan over the characters nicely while incorporating the voice so I get to appreciate the art just as much the animation. I think people need to accept the fact that this anime will have many stills later on. Next time one happens, just stare at how everyone's drawn =) Makes the moment feel shorter.
May 25, 2013 7:40 PM
Aug 2012
haha wow I thought Eren was only going to obtain Titan regeneration, I wasn't expecting a full-fledge Titan transformation.
A noticeably larger amount of still images used to fill up the episode. I guess they are running low on animators.
May 25, 2013 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
Actually really liked this episode. I was not sure how it was all going to go in the anime, but it was pretty solid and dat stonefaced Mikasa at the end crying. Action and OST was another plus too.

Spirai said:
GodlyKyon said:
pming said:

Actually, I rather like the stills. They pan over the characters nicely while incorporating the voice so I get to appreciate the art just as much the animation. I think people need to accept the fact that this anime will have many stills later on. Next time one happens, just stare at how everyone's drawn =) Makes the moment feel shorter.

After watching it, I'm amazed as to how people are nitpicking at that. The most stills were at the HQ when they were preparing the trap. They were explaining the whole thing whilst heading to their positions. As much as I would have enjoyed some animation, it didn't hinder any less.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 25, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
WrathSC said:
the animation is still fucking amazing wtf are u guys circlejerking bout

The quality of hte art isn't much of a problem, in fact, they are great. But... The quantity, which is used in flip books to make animation, is lacking :/
May 25, 2013 7:48 PM

Apr 2010
Stills are still better than quarity animation budget gaps.
May 25, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2011
Why did nobody notice how giant of an asspull it is that Eren was a titan?

SMH.
May 25, 2013 7:50 PM

Jun 2011
Awesome episode Mikasa and Annie ftw!
Armin did well in this ep. too :p
5/5
May 25, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
linchpin said:
That was probably the best episode so far, with the last one on the second place. I think I'm starting to like this show, because I'm actually interested in what happens next. First episodes were like "oh, okay, seems decent, may watch, but it's kinda depressing". And now that there's hope on the horizon.

People have been saying that a lot recently

Isn't that just wonderful? The show gets better and better, stick around!
May 25, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
I knew that titan was Eren! I thought he was going to like transform back into Eren, so close enough. But still it's sick!
May 25, 2013 7:54 PM

Sep 2012
I like the stills. A Shingeki episode without stills is not normal.
May 25, 2013 7:55 PM
Oct 2010
I am also wondering why they bothered to switch the type of censorship. At first they weren't bothering to show scenes but now they are showing scenes and using a blur, they should have been doing that from the start imo.
May 25, 2013 7:55 PM

Apr 2012
Freaking awesome, that episode had me captivated all the time.

Cant wait to see the next episode :p
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.